PDA

View Full Version : How to get back to the surface? Part 1

RaVeN_WaR
22nd Nov 2008, 19:31
Hello,

How can I get back to the surface in part 1? I killed the kraker and I went through the door behind it. At the end I am at the top level and I see a enemy walk away but I realy don't know where to go. :mad2: I have walked every possible step, I think.

Please help!? :o

Resy
22nd Nov 2008, 19:32
you can dive into the water in the krakan room and head back the way you came in.

jimras
22nd Nov 2008, 19:33
You need to follow that enemy that you saw. That's the way that you actually came into this area. Work your way back and to the caverns with the water and then swim out the way you came in.

marty
22nd Nov 2008, 19:37
If you're on the top ledge where you see the enemy run off, look up and you will see a grapple ring.

Swing straight across, climb up the ledges there, you will see a pole you can swing off, then slide down a ramp..you can follow through the corridor where the enemy went...you'll recognise this area as you've already been there...then jus trace your steps back to the caverns etc.

_Love2Raid_
22nd Nov 2008, 19:38
:lol: :lol:

The same thing happened to me, I saw him leaving and said to myself, OK let's follow him. But where exactly did he go........:scratch: ....
What followed then was an hour of searching, climbing, jumping and ending up in the same rooms over and over again :nut: :D (I collected loads of secrets that way).

Anyway, I eventually figured it out: you have to go back the same way you got there! :rolleyes: I know, it seems so obvious now but I was getting a bit frustrated too and liked it a lot! :thumbsup:
There are three doors to the opposite of the Kraken, get up there and go all the way back, through the door with the fire snakes etc, and swim your way back to the boat! :)

Resy
22nd Nov 2008, 19:39
to cut time off your return. Ignore the ring on the ceiling and just let Lara fall into the water. Its deep enough for her to survive. (I found that by accident)

marty
22nd Nov 2008, 19:43
to cut time off your return. Ignore the ring on the ceiling and just let Lara fall into the water. Its deep enough for her to survive. (I found that by accident)

Yeah that's quicker...but there is a relic to find if you go via the ring on the ceiling if you're after the relics ;)

Resy
22nd Nov 2008, 19:45
the artifact on the far side of the room? I had gotten that already, died and returned to the check point before the ring LOL

_Love2Raid_
22nd Nov 2008, 19:49
For 360 users: DIVE off the high ledge, you will earn achievement points!! :D

RaVeN_WaR
22nd Nov 2008, 20:10
I've been there. In the water in front of the fire snakes. I can see the tunnel under the water I think but I can't swim in it. I will try again. :nut:

Thanks for th e replies:)

Tiggybel
28th Nov 2008, 18:31
I feel so stupid, but I can't get Laura to swing on the pole and arrive at the other side, in order to get back to the surface, can anyone give me any tips or help on how to swing on a horizontal pole then jump to the other side?:confused:
thanks so much for any help

_Love2Raid_
28th Nov 2008, 18:54
I feel so stupid, but I can't get Laura to swing on the pole and arrive at the other side, in order to get back to the surface, can anyone give me any tips or help on how to swing on a horizontal pole then jump to the other side?:confused:
thanks so much for any help

Just hang from it and press forward, that's all. It will make her swing, when she is swinging, press the jump button to release the pole. You can also press the jump button while hanging from the pole, that will make her climb on top of it and you can jump off the pole instead of swinging off.