PDA

View Full Version : deadly shadows help

Loq
22nd Nov 2008, 18:24
i can load the game but when i try to play the first mission the load bar doesnt fill up at all and the game crashes to desktop after about a minute or so, searches on this forum havent turned up anything other than that steam copies of the game often have problems (mine is a steam copy) so i figured id ask. my machine meets all the system requirements although i havent defragged it in a while (i was hoping i could fix it without a defrag) and runs on xp.
thanks

Processor: 3GHZ pentium D
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
RAM: 2gigs ddr2

Peter_Smith
27th Nov 2008, 17:30
Sorry, I haven't a clue. All I can say is "Curse Steam."

Defrag fixes fragmentation of files, not the existence of files. It can affect performance sometimes, but I have never known it to affect whether an application works or not. I suppose if your disk were 99% full and horribly fragmented something could stop working.

One thing you might try is to make T3 run on a single processor. Note that there are two EXEs, T3.EXE and T3Main.EXE. They do not both respond to IMGCFG. You need ProcessWatch or something like that to change both of them. You can try setting affinity manually from the Task Manager / Process tab before implementing anything automatic. Start the game and change affinity of both EXEs before loading the 3-D graphics.

Haelent
8th Dec 2008, 22:27
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=84093

Try that. :D I had the exact same problems you did, and I just did this... Thief works like a charm now.

Loq
9th Dec 2008, 16:13
thanks man, took like 20 minutes to download and now works perfectly

Haelent
9th Dec 2008, 23:41
No problem, glad I could be of help. :D