PDA

View Full Version : Speed Demon Achievement Bug

atheistium
22nd Nov 2008, 15:51
I have all 3 speed demon achievements but the Master Speed Demon did not unlock.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm kind of annoyed.

xenalovesgabby
30th Nov 2008, 09:29
I have all 3 speed demon achievements but the Master Speed Demon did not unlock.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm kind of annoyed.

I'm in the same situation as you (3 achievement and not the master speed demon) and I really don't want to play back from the beginning.
Any suggestion?

darthziggy
6th Dec 2008, 16:02
I'm having this issue as well. I got two of the speed demon achievements during my first playthrough - Xiabalba and, um... the big circle on the bike that I won't even attempt to spell (haha). I did not get the Valhalla maze one the first time through (as I didn't know which way I was going). I tried to get this achievement in Treasure Hunt mode, but it would not grant me the pleasure. I then replayed the game on Master Survivalist and was able to get the achievement (knowing which way to go this time, of course), but despite the fact that I now have Speed Demon I, II, and III, I do not have the Master Speed Demon achievement. I know for Swan Diver it says "in one adventure", but there is nothing about that in the Speed Demon descriptions. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :)

erod550
9th Dec 2008, 15:55
I am also having this issue. I played through once on the easiest setting to collect all of the treasures. I completed Speed Demon I, but when I completed Speed Demon III I realized I had not yet done Speed Demon II. I reloaded a previous save from the same playthrough and got Speed Demon II. However, Master Speed Demon did not unlock. I started a new game to get Master Survivalist and made sure I did all 3 speed demons on my way through. I timed myself and I know I did them fast enough to unlock the achievement if I had not already gotten them, yet Master Speed Demon still did not unlock.

Am I just doomed to never have that achievement, even though I did complete the 3 requirements for it?

erod550
9th Dec 2008, 17:24
I just got it to unlock. Here's what I did.

1. Loaded up Southern Mexico in Treasure Hunt mode. Drove straight to the calendar puzzle on the right. (Not the one with the hole in the wall. The one where you have to dive under the door.) The puzzle is already set up for you, you just have to move the outer ring into place. I then redid the achievement. It's much faster from this side too.

2. After I got to the bottom of the stairs and jumped the pit, where the cut scene would normally trigger, I went to Revisit Location and loaded Jan Mayen Island. I drove straight from the beginning right on through the door you normally have to stop to open and on down the spiral. Right near the bottom, I fell down one of the gaps but didn't die as I bounced off a ledge on the outer wall on the way down. I landed right near the bottom and drove the last few feet to the end of the ramp and the achievement popped.

I don't know if the Southern Mexico part had anything to do with it or if it was just the spiral. I just wanted to document exactly what I did so others can try it.

darthziggy
11th Dec 2008, 05:05
Well, it was worth a try, but unfortunately still unsuccessful. I had seen that suggestion on another board, and tried it previously, but after reading your description, I decided to give it a go one after the other (Xiabalba, Valgrind, Valhalla) - I even tried it on both of my saves (since I had gotten 2 SD achievements on one and 1 on the other) - but still no luck. This sucks.

Even if it is possible doing it the way you described, that's still a pretty crappy bug. Kinda disappointing, especially since I'm at 9985 gamerscore and those 10 would look really nice right about now :nut:

darthziggy
11th Dec 2008, 05:21
I just read on another forum that this achievement may have to be done the same as the Swan Diver ones - in succession during the same playthrough. Now, I'm pretty sure that I did them all together when I played through on Master Survivalist, and I'm not going to try it again tonight, but if/when I get around to it I will post and let you know if this method works.

For reference, when doing the Swan Diver one, I just restarted from the save point after you pick up Thor's first gauntlet, and played the game through the rest of that level, onto and through Amanda's ship, and then up to the jump at the beginning of Thailand. Following the same idea, it should be possible to just restart from the end of the Xiabalba puzzle, but I really don't want to go through the damn Underworld puzzles and traps again :(

Nighthawkeye
14th Dec 2008, 19:28
What are these Achievements you are discussing?

I don't have any information of them in my game manual nor in the game.

I am on a PC. Perhaps other platforms have these and not the PC version?

And what do accomplishing the various Achievements do, other than provide the title?

:scratch:

Edit: I just read a thread about PS3 Trophies. Is this what is being discussed here? PS3 achievements/trophies?

FalaBella
20th Dec 2008, 00:25
I had the same bug. I was looking for a solution online and found this forum. This was my last achievement and it started to annoy me. In order to get this achievement, I loaded a game that started at southern mexico and did speed demon 1 again. I Played trough the whole level again to get to Jan Mayen en did speed demon 1 and 2 again. The master speed demon achievement popped up. I guess that you have to do the speed demon challenges in 1 game just like swan dive.

Maybe no one will read my thread but I became a member just in case some one wants to know how to get this achievement.

Bye Bye