PDA

View Full Version : It just won't start!

Keito
22nd Nov 2008, 05:14
This problem is driving me crazy!

I received my copy of Underworld, which is great. I installed it without any problems. When I try to open up the .exe of the game, it simply does nothing, and eventually, my desktop starts to get stuck. My mouse is still movable, but the game causes the rest of my desktop to start getting sticky. It doesn't open up a window for the game neither and it doesn't show any errors what-so-ever and my machine does not lock up or crash.

I tried opening the game with my Task Manager open and it clearly shows the game has opened, but it is only using 48k or 46k of memory usage which obviously shouldn't be happening for a game.

I find it so odd because the demo worked flawlessly. I had no bugs, errors or crashes. I played it on the maximum settings with 1920x1080 res without any problems running at a really good frame rate putting my X360 version to utter shame. So I don't think it has anything to do with my system spec...

Hopefully I'm not the only person with this problem and someone might have some insight. I'm soooo lost...

scionofbalance87
23rd Nov 2008, 15:13
i also played demo
but original game i couldn't
firtst it launched just black screen and i couldn't do anything but manualy restart
the i instaled new nvidia drivers and then it when i clicked on exe fili it didn't do anything and eventualy block my computer...
:(

scionofbalance87
23rd Nov 2008, 15:31
i instaled new audio drivers
black screen again

scionofbalance87
23rd Nov 2008, 20:16
i started the gaem and left it for an hour
it asjed for a save game, so i restarted and found some save gam on internet and copied to the eidos save game folder in my documents
i started the game again and waited again for 30-40 minuts and it slowly entered the game but i couldnt do anything
i'm out of ideads
without patch we are doomed :(

elliopo
26th Nov 2008, 16:02
This problem is driving me crazy!

I received my copy of Underworld, which is great. I installed it without any problems. When I try to open up the .exe of the game, it simply does nothing, and eventually, my desktop starts to get stuck. My mouse is still movable, but the game causes the rest of my desktop to start getting sticky. It doesn't open up a window for the game neither and it doesn't show any errors what-so-ever and my machine does not lock up or crash.

I tried opening the game with my Task Manager open and it clearly shows the game has opened, but it is only using 48k or 46k of memory usage which obviously shouldn't be happening for a game.

I find it so odd because the demo worked flawlessly. I had no bugs, errors or crashes. I played it on the maximum settings with 1920x1080 res without any problems running at a really good frame rate putting my X360 version to utter shame. So I don't think it has anything to do with my system spec...

Hopefully I'm not the only person with this problem and someone might have some insight. I'm soooo lost...

Do you have a virus scanner/ firewall that could be causing an issue with the game? Try disabling these and retrying.

Also are you running the install as administrator?

Keito
26th Nov 2008, 16:25
Do you have a virus scanner/ firewall that could be causing an issue with the game? Try disabling these and retrying.

Also are you running the install as administrator?

My first thoughts were the virus scanner or firewall blocking the game from booting. But, I've tried disabling or switching them both off which made no difference. It still has the same weird stickyness.

And yes. Using administrator.

chris6273
28th Nov 2008, 19:24
thank the lord that other people have EXACLY the same problem as me. Im running an nvidia geforce 8600GT and getting the freeze and no recovery exept restart problem lol. i hope either eidos or nvidia fix this soon otherwise other people may be taking other steps (not me :D )

Keito
28th Nov 2008, 20:29
thank the lord that other people have EXACLY the same problem as me. Im running an nvidia geforce 8600GT and getting the freeze and no recovery exept restart problem lol. i hope either eidos or nvidia fix this soon otherwise other people may be taking other steps (not me :D )

I'm using an ATI card myself, so this isn't a problem for nVidia ;p
I've tried both an ATI and nVidia card and It still doesn't fix the problem. I've tried different memory, installing on different HDD's, taking out 2GB from 4GB, removing the soundcard and other trails which made no difference no matter what I tried. So regardless of system spec, it had no difference.

The only thing I haven't tried yet, is trying it on Vista instead of XP. I'll have a go later once I get my Vista going again and see if the problem continues...

blackowl2009
29th Nov 2008, 10:27
Can anyone help me? I installed the game yesterday but I can't get it to start.
I have Vista premium 32bit, GeForce 280, 4G of RAM, 2.83 intel Core 2 Quad
It just won't start!
Immediately after I click on the TRU icon a message appears saying TRU has stopped working! I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, got the latest graphics drivers, running as administrator, still the same message.

Twinsen64
3rd Dec 2008, 09:01
I'm using Comodo Firewall and had the Black Screen problem, so I unplugged the net-cable and closed Comodo Firewall aplication and TRU started working OK. So I relaunched Comodo Firewal and manualy gave TRU.exe access to internet and Installer/Updater rights and that seemed to fix my black screen problem for good. I don't know which the Internet access or the Installer/Updater rights fixed the problem, maybe both. Gotta check on that.

Hope this helps at least some of you...