PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes in exact same spot

Biennor
22nd Nov 2008, 00:32
I have a problem with the game crashing in the exact same spot every time I run it (trying to go down some stairs in Thailand). Anyone else have this problem? I have a dual-core 2.4Mhz, 4Gb, and Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card. Graphic- and soundcard driver up to date and also DirectX updated. I've also tried different game adjustments but it makes no difference on the crash-spot. Any suggestions to what I can try next?

IntelliMoo
22nd Nov 2008, 07:25
I have a problem with the game crashing in the exact same spot every time I run it (trying to go down some stairs in Thailand). Anyone else have this problem? I have a dual-core 2.4Mhz, 4Gb, and Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card. Graphic- and soundcard driver up to date and also DirectX updated. I've also tried different game adjustments but it makes no difference on the crash-spot. Any suggestions to what I can try next?

I had a problem like that in a different game, it was because of the display driver version I was using, and a newer one fixed it. So, may want to get the latest for video card. (For nvidia, 180.48 WHQL was just released a couple days ago, which I find great.) If using the latest already, then maybe reinstall the game and/or defrag, could just be corrupt texture files e.g.

Biennor
23rd Nov 2008, 11:02
reinstall the game and/or defrag, could just be corrupt texture files e.g.

I uninstalled the game, deleted about 80Gb of data on the hdd, defragged and reinstalled the game. And now it works just fine, so thank you very much for the tip on how to solve this :)