PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Midgard Serpent Gap Problem (surprise, surprise...)

SummerVivaldi
21st Nov 2008, 23:21
So I am having issues with the gap in the Xibalba underground lair what-have-you. After the spikey pit of almost death, I rode the motorcycle down as far as I could go, to find the lowered ramp and the levers to raise it on the other side. As much as I tried to speed-jump, I can't get across. I tried to restart the level, and do the skull on the calander first then the jaguar head, but it's still the same.

Am I just doing it wrong, or is this a glitch that can be fixed?

Spong
21st Nov 2008, 23:29
The route of this bug might be in the ruined temple where you used the grapple to pull the stone from the top of the pillar to smash the hole in the floor to collect one of the items.

Apparently you HAVE to exit that area using the gap above the door and not climb out using the grapple line to exit the way you came in.

Try that ;)

SummerVivaldi
21st Nov 2008, 23:31
I did that already both times. I never used the Grapple again to get out.

Mjhieu
21st Nov 2008, 23:31
So everybody has this bug. Why doesnt eidos bring us any patch to fix this annoying bug? :mad2:

Spong
21st Nov 2008, 23:32
Sorry, I got that information from another thread. I haven't had any problems or bugs with the game myself. Hope someone can offer some help for you soon though.

SummerVivaldi
21st Nov 2008, 23:33
Thanks! This is just so annoying...hopefully Edios will release a patch soon.

Mjhieu
Yes, I did it as what you said, and I still got bug, no matter what I do, I still face it. :mad2: . Mine is PC version. Then all platforms face this bug. And Eidos still has no patch fix now.

The route of this bug might be in the ruined temple where you used the grapple to pull the stone from the top of the pillar to smash the hole in the floor to collect one of the items.

Apparently you HAVE to exit that area using the gap above the door and not climb out using the grapple line to exit the way you came in.

Try that ;)

donnabright
I did that already both times. I never used the Grapple again to get out.

I tried it to and no luck, not with xbox 360..I am also stuck like most of us here. I think a patch needs to come soon. I pray.

SummerVivaldi
22nd Nov 2008, 02:31
So I fixed the glitch. I restarted the level then set the Jaguar hear first then the skull. The bridges were there, and it was a piece of cake.

DMBehm
22nd Nov 2008, 19:51
I am also stuck at the same spot as the rest of you. I tried restarting the level, twice, tried the jaguar head first, then the skull, no luck. I am thinking :scratch: we all somehow got faulty copies of the game. I have read a couple other posts of people stuck in the same level but much further along. I am just going to exchange my copy at Best Buy today and see if that helps, if not I am done with Eidos. :mad:

Callum Croft
22nd Nov 2008, 22:28
PLEASE HELP ME! IM BLONDE SO DONT BE SURPRISED! HOW DO I RESTART A LEVEL! I AM STUCK ON THE SAME PART AS YOU GUYS AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO RESTART THE LEVEL! IM PLAYING ON PS3 SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PROBLEM!

l0c0pr0
22nd Nov 2008, 23:01
I must also ask how to restart a level. I'm playing with a PS3.

DMBehm
22nd Nov 2008, 23:23
I really hope the Xbox360 version isn't that different from the PS3 version. I don't think there is any way to completely restart a level. I saved a couple minutes into the Midgard Serpent level and kept restarting from there. I think you can re-visit levels only if you've beaten them. Its crap if you have to do everything completely perfect to not have these glitches appear, or have to restart a level a couple of times for the same reason.
My exchanged copy of Underworld seems to have the same problem, I had a feeling it would. I am replaying the entire game at this point. I am already half way through Croft Manor, it only took 4 hours. The game is fun enough that I am not that pissed about doing this. I'll be back in Mexico pretty soon and I'll be sure to save the game right when the level starts.
I sent an email to Eidos support about this glitch in the Midgard Serpent level. Won't be able to get a response back until Monday, I doubt they'll even know what the problem is. I can't believe this company is still making/producing games with such obvious glitches and bugs. Legend and Anniversary were pretty stable games, at least I was able to finish those.

DMBehm
22nd Nov 2008, 23:32
So I fixed the glitch. I restarted the level then set the Jaguar hear first then the skull. The bridges were there, and it was a piece of cake.

What platform are you using?

l0c0pr0
22nd Nov 2008, 23:43
I am replaying the entire game at this point. I am already half way through Croft Manor, it only took 4 hours. The game is fun enough that I am not that pissed about doing this.

I do not share your upbeat attitude about losing all the progress in my game. Unacceptable.

Callum Croft
22nd Nov 2008, 23:54
I really hope the Xbox360 version isn't that different from the PS3 version. I don't think there is any way to completely restart a level. I saved a couple minutes into the Midgard Serpent level and kept restarting from there. I think you can re-visit levels only if you've beaten them. Its bull s*** if you have to do everything completely perfect to not have these glitches appear, or have to restart a level a couple of times for the same reason.
My exchanged copy of Underworld seems to have the same problem, I had a feeling it would. I am replaying the entire game at this point. I am already half way through Croft Manor, it only took 4 hours. The game is fun enough that I am not that pissed about doing this. I'll be back in Mexico pretty soon and I'll be sure to save the game right when the level starts.
I sent an email to Eidos support about this glitch in the Midgard Serpent level. Won't be able to get a response back until Monday, I doubt they'll even know what the problem is. I can't believe this company is still making/producing games with such obvious glitches and bugs. Legend and Anniversary were pretty stable games, at least I was able to finish those.

Wehn you put you can only restart a level by compleating it?.....how have the others on this thread restartded there levels?.......im really pissed off about this.!....i will have to start again tomorrow cuz im going to bed now!

DMBehm
22nd Nov 2008, 23:57
I do not share your upbeat attitude about losing all the progress in my game. Unacceptable.

Its even more unacceptable that Eidos even allowed this game to be released with such obvious flaws.

l0c0pr0
23rd Nov 2008, 00:07
Its even more unacceptable that Eidos even allowed this game to be released with such obvious flaws.

Amen. So in a more optimistic tone, any other way around this bug that does not require to restart the game from the beginning?

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 00:41
Unless you have a save point from an earlier point/level in the game, I don't know. At this point I think that only a patch will fix this problem. The "re-visit location" thing I saw is actually grayed out in the PDA and I can not select it. Maybe this is yet another programming error or maybe we have to beat the game before that is unlocked. I have looked all over the menus and there is nothing that allows you to replay the level.
I am not even sure the glitch will be solved by me restarting the game. We'll see, and maybe there will be a patch next week, LOL.

kingraider27
23rd Nov 2008, 01:31
Hey, if its a glitch then just reset the console as i had a glitch in the last level and everything went dark. So i reset my system and it went back to normal. If this doesn't work then it must be a serious glitch. However, there should be a pole nearby on the wall which you then jump from the wall onto the pole and the same again. You then jump to the ledge which then lowers down and brings the ramp up for you to get across. You might wanna reverse back and then speed up to get across. Hope this helps

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 01:58
Okay, so you're gonna be pissed. I just got back to the Midgard Serpent level after restarting the entire game, I did make sure to save the game right after the level started. I first went and placed the Jaguar head and aligned that calender and then went directly to get the Skull and then imediately placed that in the second calender and then without hesitation went directly to the center courtyard (without any deaths, maybe that has something to do with it) and drove on through. Low and behold the first ramp was up and I got through to the third ramp which is down, suppose to be according to the walkthroughs I've read. I can not believe the game is either this glitchy or this linear. Hopefully you will be able start over at a different point then the beginning. I am going to beat this game and never buy another Tomb Raider game again, unless if its developed by some other company, not likely though.

I still hope Eidos realizes this error and fixes it for all the other players out there that were looking forward to the new Tomb Raider.

This better be the only major glitch in the game or I am trading it in for Resistance 2.

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 02:00
I also deleted all existing save data I had from the mexico level before I began the mexico level. (2 different save points)
I still am completely clueless on how to actaully restart a level during gameplay or even at the main menu. (PS3 user not PC)

Juliet
23rd Nov 2008, 03:01
I read about this glitch by a mistake before I played the level, and I was hoping that I wouldn't get it. And fortunatly I didn't! *phew*
Can someone post a screenshot or something of the glitch, if it's possible I mean? I want to see what it looks like.

oldtraider
23rd Nov 2008, 03:17
I read about this glitch by a mistake before I played the level, and I was hoping that I wouldn't get it. And fortunatly I didn't! *phew*
Can someone post a screenshot or something of the glitch, if it's possible I mean? I want to see what it looks like.

I had it and didn't actually bother with a screen shot:D

It looks just like it does with the first and second ramps up, only they're down and you can see all the way accross to the third ramp but can't get there - nothing else is different.

Remember - skull first then the jaguar head people! It doesn't seem to be affected by saving/auto saving after completing the puzzle:lol:

Juliet
23rd Nov 2008, 03:26

It looks just like it does with the first and second ramps up, only they're down and you can see all the way accross to the third ramp but can't get there - nothing else is different.

Remember - skull first then the jaguar head people! It doesn't seem to be affected by saving/auto saving after completing the puzzle:lol:

Ah, ok, thanks for explaining it to me:)
At first when I got to that point I thought that I had that bug and was starting to get angry, but then I found out I could raise the ramps (:o) and after that I had no problem:)

BTW, I also put the skull on first and the jaguar head on second. Is this really what sets of the glitch?:confused: If I do it the other way around I mean?

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 04:13
Seriously! I tried both scenarios when I had the glitch. Once you're in the Midgard Serpent Level there is no way to get out to try again without re-starting (either from a previous save or letting the game reload), there is no ledge, there is no pole. The first ramp, after the pit of death cut-scene is supposed to be RAISED. Jaguar Head 1st, Skull 2nd: Skull 1st, Jaguar Head 2nd should not make any difference in a video game that has been designed properly.

l0c0pr0
23rd Nov 2008, 04:15
This situation is ridiculous.

Eidos and Crystal Dynamics are going to hear from me...

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 04:17

Why should the order of how I place things make any difference in the platforms and games available today?

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 04:58
Hey, if its a glitch then just reset the console as i had a glitch in the last level and everything went dark. So i reset my system and it went back to normal. If this doesn't work then it must be a serious glitch. However, there should be a pole nearby on the wall which you then jump from the wall onto the pole and the same again. You then jump to the ledge which then lowers down and brings the ramp up for you to get across. You might wanna reverse back and then speed up to get across. Hope this helps

Yeah, the pole to jump too is at the end of the level, I've got that. This thread is discussing the beginning of the Midgard Serpent level, (after the narrow escape from the spike filled pit). The first ramp is not up, I can not jump the bike across. You know what I mean? Congradulations on getting past this level without the current problem we are facing.

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 05:02
This situation is ridiculous.

Eidos and Crystal Dynamics are going to hear from me...

Good Luck!

DMBehm
23rd Nov 2008, 05:10
What platform are you using?

Restarting is unacceptable. I should only have to play a level once without problems. This is still a problem that needs to be fixed.

oldtraider
23rd Nov 2008, 09:38
Ah, ok, thanks for explaining it to me:)
At first when I got to that point I thought that I had that bug and was starting to get angry, but then I found out I could raise the ramps (:o) and after that I had no problem:)

BTW, I also put the skull on first and the jaguar head on second. Is this really what sets of the glitch?:confused: If I do it the other way around I mean?

Yep - that's about it - just the order of the artifacts - nothing else seems to affect it - saves, kills, secrets or the way/order you go through the level etc btw when the ramps are down they just hang down into the pitsyou have to jump accross - it all looks as though it should be like that. I was trying for hours to get over - used field assistance for the first time and it obviously didn't help as it was telling me what to do after I'd jumped the ramp:eek:

Callum Croft
23rd Nov 2008, 20:18
just thought id say that ive done this bit....alls ya gave to do is put the skull head on first:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:i did however start the game over, but thats no prblem

Resy
23rd Nov 2008, 20:33
I'm glad I have no idea what your talking about. PS3 version for me and there was no glitches in the whole level.

xoliilox
23rd Nov 2008, 20:45
I have a PS3 and have the ramps down:(

not good

need patch asap

l0c0pr0
24th Nov 2008, 04:27
Apparently the way to avoid the bug is to do both of these:
1. place the skull first and the jaguar head second.
2. After retrieving the skull, do not go out using the grappling hook. Use the gap in the front temple door.

In my second playthrough (not by choice...) I did both of the above and the glitch was not there.

This game is not even worth as a rental. I hope they let this franchise slip away gracefully. There is nothing Tomb Raider can offer the gaming community but nostalgia. And that is not worth $60.

Johnjones
24th Nov 2008, 07:38

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/Shooterinfinity/eidossucks.png

waffledad
24th Nov 2008, 20:28
I have submitted a ticket to Eidos and will let you all know what I find out. This shouldn't happen this way as it is frustrating.

abdo_rf87
24th Nov 2008, 22:07
look every buddy, it seems that Eidos didn't even know what's happening, so all we need to do is to help each other out.
all we need from the people who passed this problem is to give us a saved game just after that ridiculous glitch.
its easy to be done some people will give saved games for PS3 and some for PC and ...etc.

so please guys, if anyone of you don't have this glitch just help us get passed it, and we will all appreciate it.

didn't anyone of you want to be a true hero in his life. its your chance take it ;) .

but what i am not understanding is that, how did the game testers of Eidos didn't see this stupid glitch :scratch: or did they even test it ;) .

Best Regards, Abdul Razzak Fallaha.

donnabright
25th Nov 2008, 00:24
2. After retrieving the skull, do not go out using the grappling hook. Use the gap in the front temple door.

In my second playthrough (not by choice...) I did both of the above and the glitch was not there.

This game is not even worth as a rental. I hope they let this franchise slip away gracefully. There is nothing Tomb Raider can offer the gaming community but nostalgia. And that is not worth $60.

I placed the jaguar head first then the skull, then once I went to next level the ramp was up, not down like before. You said skull first. I did the jaguar head first. I remember what I did and so it worked for me is all I am saying.

xoliilox
25th Nov 2008, 00:35
I spoke to eidos and they have no solution at the moment. The woman I spoke to wasn't even sure that anyone was working on it, but when she checked with the higher-ups, they were indeed looking into it, but had only started today... They said it would probably be about a week

I'd really rather not wait a week, so if anyone has a PS3 save file, I'd really love it if you posted it :D

donnabright
25th Nov 2008, 00:36
I had the bug to and I am on xbox 360. I just went into my memory and deleted the level, the Mexico level and the bike level, then I went into the game a loaded from croft manner, the 2nd one, which does not take long to do. So then when I started the mexico level it was new because not in my memory on xbox 360. Make sure you place lions head on the crank to turn the wheel, not the skull to turn the wheel, cause it won't work if you do. The first time the bridge was down, so I went back again after trying to figure it out. I did lions head first then the skull..Then once I went to next level the bridge was up, well it worked for me, so maybe it will for you. hope this helps. Some people say do the skull head first but I didn't and it worked is all I know and I completed the game. Ya the first time I did the lions head, then glitch, but the 2nd time I did in the same order and no glitch, is all I know.

waffledad
25th Nov 2008, 05:09
from what I am reading here, it doesn't matter which system you are using and the glitch appears no matter which order you do this. If you don't see it, you are lucky as I have tried doing the jaguar and skull head both ways and both times the ramps are down.

As well, the sonar shows them as up, (even though they are down) so this sounds like it was something that was going to be a switch or activation that would trigger them to do this but they left it out of the game, but didn't remove the code.

The only way that you can currently get by on this is if you delete that entire level (assuming you have a save file from the previous level) and go at it again with the hopes that it works for you.

Over the years I have developed a save method of saving after anything that I found challenging so I wouldn't have to repeat it and I would use all the save slots incrementally (if there are a limited number of them) so that if something messed up, I could go back a couple of saves.

In the event of a game like this that is only limited to how much hard drive space, I usually make 5-10 save spots and when I finish a level, I leave that last save file and rotate through the new 5-10 spots without touching the "end-level" save (unless there is a restart level feature).

Looks like I'll be going back to restart this level again... d'oh!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :eek:

waffledad
25th Nov 2008, 06:52
Ok, here's what I found. I have done the level from the start and did the Jaguar first (on purpose) and then the skull. I then made it to the opening to the tombs on the 1st try and the ramp was up. I also didn't die at all. So the order of the skull/jaguar is incorrect.

All the other times that the ramp was down, I missed getting to the caves the first time and had to reopen it. I am thinking that if you don't make it the first time, it will be down the second. It could possibly be that if you let it close and reset it the 3rd time, it may be up again (I have a save file to test this as well but want to finish the game first). Will update when I get to try this.

Resy
25th Nov 2008, 07:01
I did the jaguar skull first as well. completed the first calender. Then I went, cleared the area at the second calender then collected the skull. The bridge was up for me.

Maybe I followed the ideal route Lara was suppose to take and it put the bridge up. I don't know. I'll see if I have this problem again when I play the game through a second time. Which I will once I finish it the first time.

TombReaver
25th Nov 2008, 09:05
Hi guys. New user, just to complain about this one problem. On PS3, btw.

Also, I did the jaguar head first, then the skull, and yes I did escape by the hole in the pillars since I had to fight my way back to the ball court. And the same gap problem. Maybe when I fell off the bike, or when I had to move the jaguar calendar back into position for the second try, maybe they had some effect?

Like you all I'm pretty narked about this. I'm sorry, but I'm just not restarting.
Still at least they know and are doing something about it. So it looks like a week until a patch is released? That's fair enough IMO, I mean, they had a weekend off and it's not really possible to release a patch on the day a game comes out, since they won't know about the problem until they get their first (100?, 1000?) complaint(s). Of course, if they released it so it didn't need patching, that's a different story... Maybe all of us could apply to be alpha testers?

But you know what I absolutely love? Using the PDA sonar map, the ramp is up.

TombReaver
25th Nov 2008, 09:07
Oh, and one more thing, I hope that the patch isn't 360 exclusive DLC.

woodcutter100
25th Nov 2008, 12:42
hey all. n e 1 help me restart level on ps3 version. stuck at the same dreaded gap:mad2:

Callum Croft
25th Nov 2008, 16:37
Yes, I did it as what you said, and I still got bug, no matter what I do, I still face it. :mad2: . Mine is PC version. Then all platforms face this bug. And Eidos still has no patch fix now.

:nut: :nut: I know this sounds silly but it worked for me, when you put the statue heads back on the Mayan calender, you have to put the skull head on first. Because putting the jaguar head on first sets this glitch off!:nut: :nut:

ForeverEternalRaider
25th Nov 2008, 17:21
I ran into the exact same problem, playing the PC version. I retried in several different ways and none of them worked, except when I loaded a rather old save file at the start of Mexico and went through the entire level again. Then I placed the jaguar head first, the skull second.

I didn't expect it to work but the ramps were up this time. I'm not sure if this works if you're using a save file relatively far into the level though. Either way it's a very annoying glitch and it's rather pathetic how you can't just restart the level from the menu - only when you've saved. More thought should have gone into that!

killdaqueen
25th Nov 2008, 18:26
I guess if only someone posts a save game(PC) right after crossing the 3/4 ramps with the bike would solve our problem easily. Would ne 1 be tat kind to post our desired file?plzzz

jdgrahamo
25th Nov 2008, 19:24
I had this on my Xbox 360 and went mental before I found out it is a bug. I tried going back to the start of the level (many times) but it didn't make any difference. In the end I erased all my save files and started from the beginning. What a pain. Sod all the treasures etc. Anyway just before I got to the Midgard level I saved the game, deleted all the auto saves and continued. This time I went to the left side of the stadium (as you face the door into it via the ramp) , and set the cogwheels before doing the other side. The first time I had done it the other way round and the towers on one side came down. Working this way means a faster getaway - dive through the low gap, straight onto our bike which you have left conveniently outside, and round to the door. Don't take the ramp down too fast or you hit the roof and stop short of the entrance. I got in in one go this time and the ramps were up. Yippee. I think the problem is caused when the pillars in the stadium come down on one side, not anything before as I did all that the same. If you can't restart a level, as on the xbox version, save game at a suitable place just before hand and load that. The main thing is to go back to the level before. I have contacted Eidos about it, but they don't seem too fussed. I bet they're panicking in the boardroom though. Good.
Thanks everybody for keeping me nearly sane.

GeorgeMaciver
25th Nov 2008, 20:43
Geez, came here looking for a solution and discover it's a bug? A gameplay killing bug in a game of this magnitude? My goodness, I don't know what to say.

Are we absolutey sure this is a bug? Is there perhaps a lever somewhere for raising the bridge?

If it is a bug, how about giving me a few copies before your next release and I'll have it beta tested properly for you.

xoliilox
25th Nov 2008, 23:10
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A WORKING SAVE FILE FOR THE PS3?

All you have to do is stick a USB key into the PS3, copy the file, and then put the USB key in your computer and post it somewhere (like here - http://rapidshare.com/)

I would be very grateful, because even though the Eidos tech told me about a week, I don't really know how long it will actually take

waffledad
26th Nov 2008, 02:32
OK, Here's the deal, I did get across the first and second span and then looked back after stopping the bike. The first ramps were down so they are on a timer. The reset is from climbing the wall with the two wall poles, jumping across to the other sides wall pole and then hanging from an outcropping that is built into a pole that is part of the wall, right next to the pit. This makes the ramps go up for a limited time and then they go down again.

This is so you can get back from when you complete all the tasks further within the tomb as you have to exit the same way you came in as you have to acquire something to re open the door on how you got in.

There is a similar set up so you can continue past the third pit. The difference is if the ramps are down when you enter, there is no way to re set them to get across. Design flaw in the game. There should be no timer on the ramps when you enter the tomb, but rather a trigger when you go across them. It looks like if you get in the tomb the first time you do the Mayan calander, you have to head down the hallways and jump the pit immediately to make it or you have to restart the level.

GeorgeMaciver
26th Nov 2008, 08:50
Okay, so maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's a timed bridge and it can be reset by going back to the start of the level and motoring down there quickly. Can somebody test this? I've restarted the game and won't be back there for a while.

:thumbsup:

TombReaver
26th Nov 2008, 09:15
Well that may be so, but unfortunately once you're at the place with the gap you are locked in. You need another jaguar head to get out again, and you can only get that from completing the puzzles further down the temple. You're in a catch-22 again.

The only way to avoid this is to save before you do anything in the area, which probably won't help a lot of people (me included) who have saved after going in the door thinking that Crystal Dynamics surely won't have left such a big gamebreaking problem in the game, especially since it was the start of a new area.

GeorgeMaciver
26th Nov 2008, 09:19
Maybe it can be reset from within the level is what I meant :) Has anyone tried driving back up and then motoring down quickly to see if the bridge is on a timer from within the level? :)

oldtraider
26th Nov 2008, 12:44
OK, Here's the deal, I did get across the first and second span and then looked back after stopping the bike. The first ramps were down so they are on a timer. The reset is from climbing the wall with the two wall poles, jumping across to the other sides wall pole and then hanging from an outcropping that is built into a pole that is part of the wall, right next to the pit. This makes the ramps go up for a limited time and then they go down again.

I ran into this bug - there are no poles accessible from the side you enter. You can see the poles by the third ramp through the camera but can't reach them. When I replayed, having done the calendars in a different order, the ramps were there - so it's not a timing issue it's a bug - unless it's different on different platforms - I play PC

abdo_rf87
26th Nov 2008, 16:38
:nut: :nut: I know this sounds silly but it worked for me, when you put the statue heads back on the Mayan calender, you have to put the skull head on first. Because putting the jaguar head on first sets this glitch off!:nut: :nut:

Hey guys, stop talking about the calenders and the heads this is ridiculous. The problem is with initializing the area that you are stuck in. when a level starts the game initializes the hole area so it doesn't has to load every single move you play.
When the game is initializing this level, sometimes it makes this kind of glitch. I have the same copy installed on two PCs one made this glitch and the other didn't !

All you need to do is to save from the place you are about to enter the amazing stupid gate.

unfortunately I didn't save my game at all since the beginning :D. The only save I have is right in front of the broken bridge. so I am hopefully waiting for the patch so I can continue with the game.

abdo_rf87
26th Nov 2008, 16:43
I ran into the exact same problem, playing the PC version. I retried in several different ways and none of them worked, except when I loaded a rather old save file at the start of Mexico and went through the entire level again. Then I placed the jaguar head first, the skull second.

I didn't expect it to work but the ramps were up this time. I'm not sure if this works if you're using a save file relatively far into the level though. Either way it's a very annoying glitch and it's rather pathetic how you can't just restart the level from the menu - only when you've saved. More thought should have gone into that!

Please, help give me your save.
upload it on zshare.net

DMBehm
26th Nov 2008, 17:59
I had contacted Eidos Support about this issue/bug last week, here is the response I got back today;

Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

cinletharwi
27th Nov 2008, 04:01
I just found this collection of PC game saves linked from another forum. It contains the Midgard Serpent chapter and when I extracted that one into my saves folder, launched & loaded, and then drove down to the first pit - the first two ramps were UP!!

I can't tell his/her game save from mine, aside from he/she chose a different gun than I did at the start of this area.

It's a shame we pay a lot of money for a broken game, and have to resort to bumming saves off other people lucky enough to have escaped the bug..

Eidos needs to spend some of our money on TESTING.

Thread containing the link to the game saves archive:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140259

Eson
27th Nov 2008, 04:47
What the Hel of the bug!!!

I donlt have save of pervious chapter and I don;t want use other one's save dam..
They should release a patch to fix it rather than do nothing.

I had contacted Eidos Support about this issue/bug last week, here is the response I got back today;

Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

DMBehm
27th Nov 2008, 06:40
Yep - that's about it - just the order of the artifacts - nothing else seems to affect it - saves, kills, secrets or the way/order you go through the level etc btw when the ramps are down they just hang down into the pitsyou have to jump accross - it all looks as though it should be like that. I was trying for hours to get over - used field assistance for the first time and it obviously didn't help as it was telling me what to do after I'd jumped the ramp:eek:

PATCH, PATCH, PATCH.

DMBehm
27th Nov 2008, 06:49

Same here, on PS3. :scratch: except I had to restart the entire game due to lack of "saving" planning on my part.

DMBehm
27th Nov 2008, 06:59
I had this on my Xbox 360 and went mental before I found out it is a bug. I tried going back to the start of the level (many times) but it didn't make any difference. In the end I erased all my save files and started from the beginning. What a pain. Sod all the treasures etc. Anyway just before I got to the Midgard level I saved the game, deleted all the auto saves and continued. This time I went to the left side of the stadium (as you face the door into it via the ramp) , and set the cogwheels before doing the other side. The first time I had done it the other way round and the towers on one side came down. Working this way means a faster getaway - dive through the low gap, straight onto our bike which you have left conveniently outside, and round to the door. Don't take the ramp down too fast or you hit the roof and stop short of the entrance. I got in in one go this time and the ramps were up. Yippee. I think the problem is caused when the pillars in the stadium come down on one side, not anything before as I did all that the same. If you can't restart a level, as on the xbox version, save game at a suitable place just before hand and load that. The main thing is to go back to the level before. I have contacted Eidos about it, but they don't seem too fussed. I bet they're panicking in the boardroom though. Good.
Thanks everybody for keeping me nearly sane.

I doubt they care. They probably are hoping the US bails them out like every other company that has no idea what they are doing :lmao:

DMBehm
27th Nov 2008, 07:05
It's a shame we pay a lot of money for a broken game, and have to resort to bumming saves off other people lucky enough to have escaped the bug..

Eidos needs to spend some of our money on TESTING.

Thread containing the link to the game saves archive:

And to think :scratch: X-Play gave it a 3 out of 5. Eidos must have sent them the best copy they had.

DMBehm
27th Nov 2008, 08:56
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A WORKING SAVE FILE FOR THE PS3?

All you have to do is stick a USB key into the PS3, copy the file, and then put the USB key in your computer and post it somewhere (like here - http://rapidshare.com/)

I would be very grateful, because even though the Eidos tech told me about a week, I don't really know how long it will actually take

Do you know which file(s) you need? The USB I copied my game to has 4 files and the site you have posted will only let me post one at a time, instead of the entire folder. (sys-data file, .pfd file, .png file and .sfo file) I don't think I will post the first file, looks to much like system data, sounds personnal.

waffledad
27th Nov 2008, 14:36

Same:

Just an update. I got a response back from Eidos tech support at 9:36 A.M. Nov 26th and didn't read it until now. Here's the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

To me this is very poor tech support. They didn't even acknowledge there's an issue or ask any questions. They just said start from an earlier save which is unacceptable in todays world.

xoliilox
27th Nov 2008, 19:07
Do you know which file(s) you need? The USB I copied my game to has 4 files and the site you have posted will only let me post one at a time, instead of the entire folder. (sys-data file, .pfd file, .png file and .sfo file) I don't think I will post the first file, looks to much like system data, sounds personnal.

Thanks for trying to do this. I would just convert the whole folder named "PS3" into a .zip file, and then post that. I have a feeling that they are all required...

Thanks again for trying to do this!

Resy
27th Nov 2008, 21:08
And to think :scratch: X-Play gave it a 3 out of 5. Eidos must have sent them the best copy they had.

I must have bought their best copy as well. I never had a glitch the whole game.

TombReaver
28th Nov 2008, 12:54
I spoke to eidos and they have no solution at the moment. The woman I spoke to wasn't even sure that anyone was working on it, but when she checked with the higher-ups, they were indeed looking into it, but had only started today... They said it would probably be about a week

Any news on this? I'm surprised we've not had anyone comment on this from Eidos, considering these are their forums. I can sort of understand where they're coming from saying to play from another save, but you'd have thought they'd have mentioned the possibility of a patch coming out in the next few days...

Hobit02
29th Nov 2008, 19:18
I have download save game from this site.

TheTenthMuse
3rd Dec 2008, 14:43
I ran in to this glitch over the weekend. Spent an hour wondering how I could be so stupid that I couldn't get over the first pit, broke down and looked up a solution on the internet (i hate doing that), and discovered this game-stopping bug. What a disappointment. The fact that it hasn't been acknowledged is the worst part - if I knew they were working on it, maybe that would make it better. Reverting back to an old save or starting the game over is in every way completely unacceptable. There are a lot of games out there, and I don't have the time or desire to replay this one no matter how fun it was. You spend $60 on a game, and you expect to be able to complete it.

Dulle
3rd Dec 2008, 16:10
They worked on it:

http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=426&gmid=215

xoliilox
5th Dec 2008, 04:51
This is useless since I do not have an auto save file from before. Not acceptable. Not interested in playing the whole game over. Will call again tomorrow.

aussie500
5th Dec 2008, 14:56

l have played the game 4 times on the PC and that section twice on the XBox 360, always l have done the puzzle in the order you came to the areas, Jaguar head then Skull, never had a problem with the ramps. A patch will eventually be released to fix the problem, PC players can easily get past the glitch with a save game, Xbox 360 players can just restart the level/chapter and try again, it is only the PS3 players left out in the cold till a patch is released. l believe you can download PS3 game saves though and use them. When playing the game on anything but the Xbox 360 obviously it is best to manually save the game at the start of each level, both for replaying and if something goes wrong.

Crazy
5th Dec 2008, 18:53
So I am having issues with the gap in the Xibalba underground lair what-have-you. After the spikey pit of almost death, I rode the motorcycle down as far as I could go, to find the lowered ramp and the levers to raise it on the other side. As much as I tried to speed-jump, I can't get across. I tried to restart the level, and do the skull on the calander first then the jaguar head, but it's still the same.

Am I just doing it wrong, or is this a glitch that can be fixed?

i used the jaguar head first and then the scull and i had no problems with it what so ever for the ps3, made it on my first try

Hippie
8th Dec 2008, 02:41
They worked on it:

http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=426&gmid=215

I had finished the game, so I never ran into this problem. I did what Eidos's solution to the bug: go in to the building with the first calander before you go anywhere else so that you activate the cinematic. (I'm replaying the game, but right now I'm still in the Med, but when I get there, I'll screw it up on purpose.)

What I did run into though was after the jump and resetting the ramp on the other side, one of the three spiders doesn't come up out of the pit. Just sits down at the bottom scurrying his little legs. Happens every time.

aroz
8th Dec 2008, 18:08
I have exactly the same problem, and I'm quite annoyed. I don't mind small problems but this is an end-of-game problem. What sort of software is this?

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing with other games? What do you do?

akij
21st Dec 2008, 13:11
I am a really dissapointed in tomb raider...the creaters should be more careful and mindful when developing a HIT game such as tomb raider...but unfortunately the ramp-bug has dissapointed the fans worldwide...i had to use some tru exe and activate a super-jump to overcome the problem..for the first time in my tomb raider life...i had to cheat..what makes it worse is that the uncertainty that grows as once you face such an issue..i am not sure about the consistency of the game anymore..there is an ambiguity everywhere when i got stucked next time..i was forced to think whether i have missed something or there is ANOTHER DAMN bug..so TR developers..please do more testing on this things before you release a damn version...i'm really dissapointed and i have completed all the previous TR games..guys you are losing fans..

p.s How to fix the bug

Solution 1 (working):

download this exe===: here (http://fs04n5.sendspace.com/download/lite/b4a53f19a00320f79582b94502b2bfd0/494e380c/7rgckm/b077fdb0538f299b1c8e7d80d58e76a0/GzdiHDwLWn4mDHcgaAV2ciBRTWcKX3NMMEwQbi8aFmsPYjBfbA==/Tomb_Raider_Underworld_V1.0_Plus_9_Trainer_Eng_By_KelSat.rar)

run both the exe's at the same time activate the super jump that is shift+j then press space several times as you get near the ramp then pull the switch down and bring the bike

Solution 2 (I'm not sure whether this is working)

reload the level. Then place the tiger skull on the calender 1 BEFORE placing the skull on the calender 2. Then the poles will appear near the ramps.

Golden Laurel
21st Dec 2008, 20:50
So everybody has this bug. Why doesnt eidos bring us any patch to fix this annoying bug? :mad2:

I have the ps3 bersion and never encounterd this bug, infact i havn't had any bugs...up till today, I was plaing the andam sea level, and every time i went to play, the screen truned black... but eventualy i got it to stop (i dont know how though)

As for your problem, did you try reving up the tires before you attempted to make the jump? (hold down brake and accelorate at the same time, then let go of the brake and you go flying forward)

Mertz523
23rd Dec 2008, 21:58
PS3 user here.

I had almost no problems with this part. The only problem I had was scaring my cat awake when I screamed bloody murder when the giant tarantulas appeared after I raised the third bridge. It took me 3 tries to get the speed start on the motorcycle down, but I made it over the gap. It truly is bizarre that so many are experiencing this 'glitch.'

DamianGraham
29th Dec 2008, 00:05

no... i disagree i also got the ps3 version and i didn't have ONE issue. even the camera was just fine! the only problem for me w/ TR:U was it was wayy too short!

Ark
29th Dec 2008, 04:58
Hi guys,there is a patch for pc here:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/patches_pc.html

For the others/ps3,wii,xbox360/ just a workaround:

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=1131&pcid=981&nav=0,981

Select your system and read.

Good luck

Drake69
1st Apr 2010, 20:37
The glitch seems to be linear. I had this problem of the first ramp being down, so I took the advice above: I got the jaguar head and set that half of the calendar, then got the skull and set the second half. After I drove inside and the cutscene finished, I found that both the first and second ramps were up.

aussie500
2nd Apr 2010, 03:38
The glitch is caused by dying at a point in the game the developers obviously never thought anyone would, so it never came up in testing. It was fixed with the patch that was released over a year ago so this thread is a bit old and outdated now.

ataahua
14th Apr 2010, 02:58
Hi, Im up to the serpant level where im supposed to move a rock to be able to get my bike through. but it wont let me. lara says i have everything i need and the rock actually does glow when i approach it but it wont show the triangle or let me move it??? please help!!

ataahua
14th Apr 2010, 03:07
ive just found out from another site that ive got the bug and its activated which has wiped the item i needed to move the rock. Now i have to start the game all over again because i saved it too far into the game!!! aarggghhhh! >:(

Silvermoon
14th Apr 2010, 20:30
I just wanted to add that the "ramp" bug in the Midgard Serpent section is not the only bug you can encounter on the Southern Mexico level. There's about 3 more of them (all listed in Stella's TRU walkthrough) and I encountered one that forced me to go back a few steps and redo part of that section. I ended up losing the Xibalba Key (the one you pick up right after you've entered the gates) so I couldn't get out of the place and move on to the next level. Fortunately for me, I constantly do game saves (usually right after I've completed a particularly hard part where Lara died a lot) so I didn't have to go too far back.

If this ever happens to anyone, it might be not because you died somewhere odd but rather because you had Lara push the big glowing pillar back into its groove before rotating the small circular pillar which gets Thor to lower his head (right before you got get the Relic). You're supposed to do the opposite. I know that's what I did the first time around but I didn't do it afterward and I didn't lose the key a second time.

The Mexico level is a very buggy one, indeed... :(

Gido93
29th Nov 2011, 19:22
but how can I reach to other side at te beginning of Xibalba?
Could someone also answer me by a private mager?

Gido93
30th Nov 2011, 19:16
So if I start over whit the level before The Midgard Serpent I can continua?
Also I'm going to try that!

GramRanger
18th Aug 2012, 15:30
The glitch is caused by dying at a point in the game the developers obviously never thought anyone would, so it never came up in testing. It was fixed with the patch that was released over a year ago so this thread is a bit old and outdated now.

And you are full of it.

Here it is 2012, game bought on steam, updated to latest by steam, and three times redoing this entire level up to this point, and the blastid bridge is down (zero deaths for two of the runs).

I call BS, and Eidos are pretty pathetic to still be selling this game with no fix in place.

:mad2::mad2: