PDA

View Full Version : Questions about checkpoint loading and statistics?

razorjack
21st Nov 2008, 19:48
Hi, I bought this game today and played for several hours.
Right now I'm at the beginning of the third level (in the Croft Manor crypts).

On a few occasions it happened that I fell from a location, and ended up not dead, but someplace earlier in the map, the Thailand level is a good example: when you climb your way up the rocks and pass one or two checkpoints, it's still possible to fall in the water, and hence you're not dead but have just wasted several minutes. I had no choice but to play the same part again... so I'm wondering, is it possible to return to the latest checkpoint, without having to die?

Second, I'm curious about my progress in the game, the percentage in particular, and also the time elapsed per level. These stats were available in Legend and Anniversary, if they are also in Underworld, I'm certainly having trouble finding them...

I also noticed that the "Revisit location" button in the PDA is not clickable, I'm assuming this feature becomes available after finishing the game?

Any info would be gladly appreciated!

razorjack
22nd Nov 2008, 11:38
Am I the only one who's curious about this..?

Cause right now I'm assuming that it's not possible to return to the latest checkpoint (without having to die) and that the game doesn't keep track of any statistics.. which would be very disappointing!!

oldtraider
24th Nov 2008, 01:36
Am I the only one who's curious about this..?

Cause right now I'm assuming that it's not possible to return to the latest checkpoint (without having to die) and that the game doesn't keep track of any statistics.. which would be very disappointing!!

No - I am too! Can't work out how to get back to a checkpoint - I manually save which can help

r00ster
25th Nov 2008, 05:21
I just sticky grenaded the nearest wall :)

But I am a sicko :D

Lunideth
25th Nov 2008, 06:06
I also noticed that the "Revisit location" button in the PDA is not clickable, I'm assuming this feature becomes available after finishing the game?

After u complete game u can revisit location

brianthedog
25th Nov 2008, 15:27
I just sticky grenaded the nearest wall :)

But I am a sicko :D

That makes two of us!!

The game is awesome but without the "replay leve" choice it's so empty. That revisit ability allows you to return to places you went during the game BUT... watch this...

You play the level the way it was when you left. You don't "replay". You "revisit"!! You know what that means: No enemies (well, very few of them.Mostly spiders:rasp: ), no puzzles, no cutscenes, no plot, no nothing!

And if you choose to start a new game, the secrets are not reset, so it is kind of annoying....

Too bad, because if they had kept these from Legend I would give it a 10 out of 10