PDA

View Full Version : Wii Underworld problem

Giz03mo
21st Nov 2008, 10:12
At the ( I guess) end of the Coastal Thailand level, all the way where you find the pedestal with the note from Lara's father to Natla, after you rotate the bridge to access the second room in which you pull open with the gauntlet, I have encountered a problem.

Right after the cinematic where Lara shows the gauntlet running out of power, I see a room with a ring at the top to swing across the water gap. There appears to be an underwater door to the left. I swing over, and then go to the left of the doorway (which is blocked by rubble) and find two ledges I can climb up on. From there, I have nothing else to do. In the PC version (so I hear) there is a lever in which Lara can grab on to the left of these ledges and pull down to open the door. There is no such lever in the Wii version. First I thought I was doing something wrong, but now I seriously think it is a flaw in the game itself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gizmoba...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gizmobain/3047081083/

Here are some screenshots showing the location of the "supposed" lever.

Jonesy
21st Nov 2008, 16:55
Having the exact same problem. Hope somebody from Eidos can get back to us on this.

Dougsean
21st Nov 2008, 23:24
I too have been stuck for 2 Days in this room also. There is nothing but the Grapple ring apparent. Help!

Rygar000001
22nd Nov 2008, 03:40
:confused: :scratch:

thought i was blind :mad2: ... exactly same problem here ... nice to know it's not just me :)

Campstuff
22nd Nov 2008, 03:50
Ok, if this is the room you are talking about:

http://i35.tinypic.com/fqqag.png

I made a video on how to get out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmI83LYFWE

Rygar000001
22nd Nov 2008, 03:59
thanks for the video .. yes that is where i figured the lever should be ... but it is not there for some reason ... even after turning off power and going back in ... i'll try starting back from an earlier save or maybe the beginning ... nothing better to do ... very strange

Giz03mo
22nd Nov 2008, 05:43
Yeah, thanks for the vid. But as for most of us Wii Folk, that lever just isn't there. Refer to my screenshots above to see the absence of the lever. I started from an earlier save to no avail, the lever is still missing. I haven't tried restarting the level yet though.

Dougsean
22nd Nov 2008, 05:56
I have done all 3 new files to this point and the lever is not there.

Giz03mo
22nd Nov 2008, 05:59
Thanks for trying the restarting. That was my last guess on the issue. I literally think the game is broken.

Just to connect the two, there is another forum going on about this in the Gameplay area. Here is the link.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=82944

Dougsean
22nd Nov 2008, 06:06
I have restarted again 3 times on 3 files and it has ended at NO Lever each time. I am very upset with the Wii Version at this point.

Lady_Lovett
22nd Nov 2008, 06:10
how long is it gunna take for them to realize this issue if they have people emailing them

Giz03mo
22nd Nov 2008, 06:11
Who knows.

If they are like any other business, we won't hear anything for at least 2 days, being the weekend.

I just feel this is a horrible mistake. Something toooo obvious that they missed.

Kinda like we got a Wii Demo version or something.

Lady_Lovett
22nd Nov 2008, 06:14
That's so brutal. Now I'ma be all over this forum till I get some news

Giz03mo
22nd Nov 2008, 06:38
I have also sent an email to Eidos with links to both forums, my screen shots and the video from the other user showing where the lever SHOULD be. I will update when I hear back as well.

Lady_Lovett
22nd Nov 2008, 06:50
Thanks for the diligence guys

bigmike9699
22nd Nov 2008, 15:40
I called EB Games and asked them if they had heard anything, and no they hadnt. In any event, I informed them of the issue (and the proliferation of it on the internet), and told them they should probably stop selling the Wii version of the game, try to at least avoid others experiencing the sheer frustration I (and others) have...

Julesie
22nd Nov 2008, 16:40
Ok, if this is the room you are talking about:

http://i35.tinypic.com/fqqag.png

I made a video on how to get out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmI83LYFWE

I always figured that the game would run exactly the same for everybody. Either we all see a lever or we all don't. Isn't it just copies of the exact programming? How is it that some people see a lever right away, some see it after reloading a few times, and some (I'm in this last category) see no lever despite all the reloading?

Giz03mo
22nd Nov 2008, 16:54
It doesn't make sense, I know.

As far as I understand, all PC, Xbox and PS3 people see the lever right away.

Only one Wii person (that i know of) has seen the lever and that was, as he said "lots of reloading and save files etc", the rest of us Wiiers...well. We are just crap out of luck. There is always a chance that in changes in the graphics between the systems, things got out of whack. But I have been reloading my game for about 3 hours now, and I still get nothing. Just have to make it through the weekend.

Lady_Lovett
22nd Nov 2008, 17:41
The Wii version is made different because of the additional interaction. They simply missed something when they made it. I don't see how someone could not test run it though.

Jonesy
22nd Nov 2008, 22:39
Thanks to everyone who's tried different solutions, posted videos, or e-mailed Eidos. Looks like everyone's pretty much stuck at this point on the Wii version. Hope Eidos gets back to us by Monday...

Dougsean
23rd Nov 2008, 05:48
Here's to Monday and HOPE.:mad2:

Lady_Lovett
23rd Nov 2008, 05:49
Guys I got it to fix itself. I had to nearly start over cause I was too pissed to save. When I returned to the place the lever was there. Keep trying! There is hope!

mizzlaracroft
23rd Nov 2008, 18:23
I own the wii version of the game, and the leaver is there for me.
But ive found other floors with the wii version, such as the game freezing after the mexico level. Its strange that some people have the lever and others dont, you would have thought they would have come accross this problem during testing. :mad2:

donnniedonneo
23rd Nov 2008, 19:36
My son and I are both playing this Wii game. He had a lever and when I got to the end of Thailand I do not have a lever! When I was moving the blue colored tower with the gauntlet, the very last move Lara didn't have room to stand and would fall to her death. But I kept trying and when it did work, it looked glitchy. Like she suddenly shifted a fraction of an inch over and the tower moved. :mad2:

Dougsean
23rd Nov 2008, 23:56
My 14 yr. old who has never played much Tomb Raider decided he would start a fourth file and with my guidance got to the infamous room. He opened the door & there was that lever right where one of you said it was. Jump to the other side of the room, go left, jump up 2 handholds & it was on the left. You can see it as I mentioned when the door opens. I could not believe it, I had given up. The fellow Raider was right, just keep doing new files till it works, I guess. I would still like an official answer as to why, but for now I'm under Croft Manor. Sorry I could not have an easier answer, but I am going to keep checking everyone's progress. Eidos, you still have some explaining to do!

missingangel
24th Nov 2008, 03:36
Now I am interested. Because I SAW THE LEVER IN THE WII VERSION. And I used it no problem. I am now stuck in a different area because of what I think is a similar issue. Why would a company release different versions of a game within the same console? Better to limit the consoles and focus on getting out all the bugs.

Jonesy
24th Nov 2008, 04:51
Beware the troll with fake "solutions," folks! Let's wait for Eidos to give us an official response tomorrow...

Giz03mo
24th Nov 2008, 05:13
If they do. If they have been gone all weekend, we may not get a response with a solution, first day. Again, good luck all.

Keir
24th Nov 2008, 13:36
Hi everyone...

I'm sorry to read about people's problems in this thread.

It's being looked into at the moment. Please bear with me and I'll be back with info as soon as I can. I'll be back with an update of the progress later today.

Keir
24th Nov 2008, 18:18
While this is being looked into at our end I've noticed some people have worked around the problem by returning to an earlier save, can you give that a go and let me know if that works :)

Jonesy
24th Nov 2008, 18:54
It has not worked,Keir. I've tried it from multiple previous save attempts, multiple times.

UMIST_For_Ever
24th Nov 2008, 19:23
It's to do with the gems in Shiva's hands.

You need to take the square one, dismantle the wall-puzzle, go to the other side, get the round gem and put that one into the lotus flower in Shiva's hands FIRST.

If you put the square Gem in first, the switch does not appear and you will need to start again before the Shiva area.

This is the ONLY way to be proven to work - I spent a good hour trying to find out how to overcome this before I found this out.

Jonesy
24th Nov 2008, 20:09
That is one of the variations I had tried before and it DID NOT work.

It is interesting how the supposed "solution" offered on these forums keeps "evolving" with time... I await word from Eidos.

Polfro
24th Nov 2008, 21:01
Boy oh boy...

I was all set to get myself the Wii verson of this for Xmas, but after reading these posts it'll be a broiling day at the North pole before I plunk down one cent. What an abomination! Eidos needs to have their heads examined for rushing this product out too early. If everyone demands their money back they'll issue a fixed game right quick, and if that doesn't happen they deserve to be sued.

coolmas
25th Nov 2008, 02:03
:mad2: So, I gather there is still no solution the room with a bar that really doesn't have a bar...Am I right??

dudeofwii
25th Nov 2008, 02:29
Could they do a voluntary recall? Like if you know or think you got a crippled game, send it back with a receipt for a "clean" copy? I was that close to buying it, but the clerk told me, "you know about the glitch in that version right? the game is unplayable..." He, along a with a few other employees at the store, got the game and 3 of the four had the glitch. The fourth one, while not having that glitch took it back for a refund, becuase he feared there could be other glitches later on with it.:eek: When i heard all of this, i could not believe it. I came home, did some searching, and just as sure as anything, i find person after person suffering from this. If you do not do something about this, you could end up having a lot of angry customers and or hate mail coming your way.**** Of course, i guess there is always the DS version. Seems to be the only glitch free version of this game, according to the reviews at least. and it has bats and sharks! Wii gets so little lovin...;)

Awaiting a workaround, patch, new revision/release of this game.

Giz03mo
25th Nov 2008, 03:01
There are "solutions" just not of them conventional or "meant to be"

You have 3 options:

1)Restart your game from the beginning and do the Shiva puzzle in Bhavagati in the order specifed in the forums, so far this has worked 85% of the time.

2)Download the game save file via SD card released by EIDOS also in the forums (but some people are still have problems apparently)

3)Just keep restarting....and restarting....and restarting.

EIDOS, we know now, knows of the problem. For the moment they released the card save file, any other news is still coming. Remember, to give EIDOS some grace, they have known of the problem as of Thursday via the forums, but it was only 1 or 2 people, it was really over the weekend that everyone began having problems, and now being Monday again, they have only had a day. Yes, you can argue, "they released a glitched game!" but it's not going to do anyone any good for the moment. So, try the options and if you don't get it, then you can wait for EIDOS, or refund the game I guess.

gr82ndm8
25th Nov 2008, 03:56
Here is my e-mail to Eidos since their reload solution does not work and I don't have and don't want to buy a SD card or reader. Please feel free to request the same and maybe they will decide favorably: "I have purchased Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii and have proceeded as far as the game ending glitch in Coast of Thailand. Unfortunately, I have reloaded from a prior save point over 50 times and the lever still does not appear. I have neither a SD Card nor a SD Reader and do NOT have the money for, nor do I wish to purchase, those two items to be able to finish the flawed game. Consequently, I request that EIDOS either furnish me a disc that does not contain the programming flaw or arrange for a refund of the purchase price. As you know, retailers do not refund the purchase price of an opened game nor even allow for a store credit. Thus, special arrangements will need to be made with the retailers if providing an unflawed game disc is not an option. Thanks in advance for your handling of this matter."

coolmas
25th Nov 2008, 08:16
I am SO disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know everyone is but I just had to get that out! I counted down the hours to play this game!
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Loupar
25th Nov 2008, 14:34
When Tomb Raider Chronicles was released some copies (here in Spain) had problems with the cutscenes. I bought the game and finished it, and after one year I heard that I could send my copy to PROEIN (that distribute the game in Spain) and receive another one that works fine. So I did.
I suggest that everyone that had the same problem do the same.

Ravencroft
25th Nov 2008, 17:49
I got the Wii for my B-Day and got this game as soon as it came
out. I'am going back thruogh to find tresures and now I've hit this
problem. ONLY ONE LEFT NOW THIS!!!!! Been here two days!

Keir
25th Nov 2008, 19:12
Hi everyone, just so you know this is still being looked into. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime I'll try and help:

Jonesy - can you confirm you tried the save game from Eidos? Are you based in the US?

gr82ndm8 - How many different individual save games have you tried reloading? It could be that there is a problem from your most recent save (before the area in question). Could you try from an earlier save to see if the problem persists.

gr82ndm8
25th Nov 2008, 22:58
I reloaded from only one save file (all I had and my save was after the Shiva arm puzzle) over 50 times, did not work. I started a completely new game and did the Shiva left and right arms similar to the method suggested in this forum (while in the glitched game I raised statue's right arm first) and I GOT THE LEVER!.

Jonesy
25th Nov 2008, 23:37
Hi Keir,

Thanks for continuing to keep us informed about what's going on.

I actually did NOT use the save game file Eidos provided. I only downloaded it out of curiosity anyway, because I do not have a SD card reader. Also, I got an error message when I tried to unzip the file on my Mac -- I informed Eidos and they said to try it on a PC. I am based in the US.

In terms of what I tried to get the bar to appear -- I tried playing from prior save points going all the way back to when Lara first enters the main temple. Many posters here think the order you place the gems makes a difference, but I still doubt that's the case. No matter what I did when playing from those prior saves--and I tried many variations, multiple times--the bar remained missing.

I finally decided to start the game over from the very beginning (Mediterranean Sea), and went through the game pretty much as I had the first time. This time however, the bar appeared, and I was able to proceed to the next level after Thailand.

Hope that helps!

Keir
26th Nov 2008, 00:28
I reloaded from only one save file (all I had and my save was after the Shiva arm puzzle) over 50 times, did not work. I started a completely new game and did the Shiva left and right arms similar to the method suggested in this forum (while in the glitched game I raised statue's right arm first) and I GOT THE LEVER!.

Hi Keir,

I actually did NOT use the save game file Eidos provided. I only downloaded it out of curiosity anyway, because I do not have a SD card reader. Also, I got an error message when I tried to unzip the file on my Mac -- I informed Eidos and they said to try it on a PC. I am based in the US.

In terms of what I tried to get the bar to appear -- I tried playing from prior save points going all the way back to when Lara first enters the main temple. Many posters here think the order you place the gems makes a difference, but I still doubt that's the case. No matter what I did when playing from those prior saves--and I tried many variations, multiple times--the bar remained missing.

I finally decided to start the game over from the very beginning (Mediterranean Sea), and went through the game pretty much as I had the first time. This time however, the bar appeared, and I was able to proceed to the next level after Thailand.

Hope that helps!

Well guys, I'm really pleased to read that you can continue with your games. The bug is really rare so you're the (really) unlucky ones. I know we have a lot of people looking into this right now to make sure we can help everyone out.

Like I say, on behalf of Eidos and Crystal D thanks for everyone's patience and I'll report back soon.

Keir
26th Nov 2008, 00:38

Hi Keir,

Hope that helps!

Well guys, awesome to read that you can continue with your games. The bug is really rare so you're the (really) unlucky ones. I know we have a lot of people looking into this right now to make sure we can help everyone out.

Thanks for everyone's patience and I'll report back soon with some more info.

Giz03mo
26th Nov 2008, 05:03
rare?

Surely you jest.

Keir
26th Nov 2008, 11:14
rare?

Surely you jest.

Mmm, believe it or not I mean it. I guess it might not seem like that to the people that have experienced it though.

I spoke to Customer Services, they've only had seven calls about it in the UK. I know the phone is a bit last century, but AOD had A LOT more calls (I should know I was in Customer Service at the time).

This bug is a really tricky one because it's so inconsistent. The game went through four separate QA departments (Eidos, Buzz Monkey, Crystal D, Nintendo) and this bug wasn't recreated (to my knowledge).

Again, sorry to all the people that have experienced this problem and please do post here or send me a private message if you're unable to get around the problem by reverting to an earlier save or downloading the Eidos saves.

sircathal
26th Nov 2008, 13:56
Hi,

I orderd Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii at amazon.de

It was anounced here in germany for the 21. November like all other versions.

But i got an e-mail from Amazon where they told me about delivery problems with the Wii version.

Jesterday i received there shipping e-mail.

Now i thought fixing this Bug could be a possible reason for the delay.

Is that true?

Keir
26th Nov 2008, 14:06
Hi,

I orderd Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii at amazon.de

It was anounced here in germany for the 21. November like all other versions.

But i got an e-mail from Amazon where they told me about delivery problems with the Wii version.

Jesterday i received there shipping e-mail.

Now i thought fixing this Bug could be a possible reason for the delay.

Is that true?

Mmm, nope. That must be something at Amazon's end I think. The chances of this bug occurring are really low so don't worry about it - be sure to let me know (PM is best) if you do have a problem though :)

steves
30th Nov 2008, 04:22
I just bought this game for the WII yesterday. If I had known about the bug I would have waited for a fix. We are playing two save-games at the same time. One showed the lever, the other didn't. So thats' 50/50.

There are some other glitches where Lara passes partially thru walls, boulders, and we even managed to get her stuck inside giant Thor statue's shoe. The quality of Tomb Raider Anniversary for WII was much better.

I still expect Eidos to come up with a bug fix. This is a product defect and should be addressed, even if not that many people proportional to sales have complained (yet).

steves
30th Nov 2008, 20:21
Okay I've been trying to confirm the suggested bug workaround.
I started a new game and when I got to the Shiva/Kali room I worked the left arm first completely. Left arm down - place gem - arm up - move statue - beam the left eye - and then started on the right side. When I got to the Thor room, the lever was there.

Keir
2nd Dec 2008, 01:14
A solution! The QA guys at Crystal have been working hard to nail this sucker.

This is a provisional fix, but it should do the trick. Let me know how you get on with this. Please do send me a Private Message if you get stuck still.

The bug

When first starting the level , if the user is swimming around underwater, moves into the flush tunnel area near to the closed underwater door, (which loads up maproom as the next unit), moves back out of the flush tunnel, and moves through the level normally, when they get into maproom the H-pole that is used to raise the door to complete the level is missing.

To avoid the bug

When starting Level 2 underwater, DON'T swim into the passageway against the cliffs to the right. If the player moves to the ledge that leads up the cliffs and plays through the level, the pole at the end of the level will always be there.

Workaround

Load a save at the start of Level 2 (as long as the player did not previously swim into the passageway) or load a save prior to level 2. Play through the level normally but when starting Level 2 underwater, DON'T swim into the passageway against the cliffs to the right.

sremick
2nd Dec 2008, 01:33
A solution! The QA guys at Crystal have been working hard to nail this suckerWhile I appreciate the hard work, the fact remains that this is a serious bug and that most consumers aren't going to be reading this forum. And even if they do, this is not an acceptable way to have to play the game.

The other fact remains that the missing lever is just one of many glitches mentioned, including lockups and horrible border-detection that can lead to stuck play.

The only acceptable solution is an updated game and a disc replacement program.

When first starting the level , if the user is swimming around underwater, moves into the flush tunnel area near to the closed underwater door, (which loads up maproom as the next unit), moves back out of the flush tunnel, and moves through the level normally, when they get into maproom the H-pole that is used to raise the door to complete the level is missing.Am I the only one here to whom this makes no logical sense whatsoever? Please humor the more-technical of us here and explain how this can cause the missing level later. It seems like nonsensical voodoo like the previous "solution" involving the gems puzzle.

Countess-Croft
2nd Dec 2008, 01:36
Alright, well I'll try and make this as polite and informative as I can:

I ordered Tomb Raider: Underworld for the Wii system and it played through the first few levels, but on the Mexico level it's continuously locking up my Wii. Now I did hear other people were having problems with this game on different platforms, but I'd like to know if there is a patch to fix this, or I have to wait on the game to be re-released to fix this.

The lock-up is that it'll stick and nothing will move, and the Wii itself makes a buzzing noise (not so much a buzzing noise, just a loud and monotone beep) and we have to take the disk out and shut off the Wii. The Wii then goes red at its standby light.

I received this game from my parents through a Dell.com account. The disk is not scratched, my Wii plays all other games completely fine. I've been waiting for this game for a long time in anticipation and I'm really disappointed this keeps happening.

Any suggestions or advice, and does anyone know if Eidos is aware of this kind of problem?

I hope so.

Jonesy
2nd Dec 2008, 02:56
You know, I had a suspicion that swimming into the cave at the beginning of the level might have caused the glitch! It explains why starting from a save point at the beginning of the level like Giz03mo worked, while my starting over at a point afterwards did not.

I even thought about asking how many people here swam into the cave before the bar went missing, but everyone else seemed to favor the statue and gem solution. Thanks to steves for helping debunk that idea further.

I feel pretty confident now in saying that the order of the gems does NOT have anything to do with whether the bar appears or not at all.

I do think this is a problem that ought to have been found in playtesting. It's only natural that people are going to want to explore their environment fully in this kind of game.

In essence, players got punished for discovering the cave, while those who were less adventurous did alright. Not the outcome you want in a Tomb Raider game at all!

trrttsch
2nd Dec 2008, 21:00
I'm returning my game tomorrow. Too many bugs kills the joy. The guy at the store told me I could return it within a week if I didn't like it. And I don't. This is not warranty though but a good service provided by my local store.

taina365
4th Dec 2008, 04:20
When I got to this point, there was no level either. After reading some of the post on this site, I started a new game and when I got to the room again, magically there was a level. I was pleased that I only had to replay it once... :nut:

gr82ndm8
8th Dec 2008, 21:12
On November 26, 2008, in reply to my complaint regarding the game ending glitch in TRU for the Wii, I received the following e-mail from Veronica Rueda of Eidos' Customer Support group: "On Nov 26, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Veronica Rueda wrote: Thank you for contacting the EIDOS Online Customer Support Team.

We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

Eidos cannot provide a refund for the game as we are not a retail store. You can however return the game to us and we can send you an unopened replacement that you in turn can return to the store for a refund.

Please let us know what you wish to do.

E-mail Details
===================
E-mail ID: YCJ-206813
Department: Customer Support
Priority: High
On that same day, Nov. 26, I e-mailed Ms. Rueda back asking her for instructions for returning the game and provided her with my name and mailing address. On December 1 I received a canned reply from her telling me to either start from a prior save or download Eidos' saved zip file. Obviously, she didn't even take the time to read my Nov. 26 e-mail asking for her return instructions. I immediatedly e-mailed her back and again requested instructions for making the exchange Eidos had promised. I haven't heard from her since and it is now Dec. 8. It is painfully obvious that Eidos does not intend to honor the return commitment it made to me. Based upon this apparent breach of promise, in my opinion Eidos is not a company that I or anyone else should ever want to do future business with.

toombs
24th Dec 2008, 04:33
Well, how frustrating is that little old bug, heh?

What a way to spend Xmas! Lucky I'm not some kid who got the game on xmas day (other wise boxing day would be a drag!).

I am one of those 'treasure collectors', so I DID swim into the tunnel first looking to see what I could find. I did see a pole like spindle but thought I would find something to put on there to open the door. Can't believe just looking at it will destroy the graphic that is so important far further in the game (a few hours worth of game play). Luckily I saved at the end of the prior level. (I'm just about to try without the swim).

If it works and the pole is there, yay, if not I will be very peeved because that is a daft bug, in no way good enough. And a SD fix loading up someone elses game without the treasures that the player collected is not a way to fix the problem.

I am more dissapointed in this bug than all the bugs in TR:AOD!!

Unhappy player.

Cheese is nice.
24th Dec 2008, 05:56
Thats it. I've had enough of this. Grab your torches and pitchforks!!! We're headed to Buzz Monkey Headquarters!!!!!

toombs
24th Dec 2008, 11:38
Well without swimming into the tunnel, the pole WAS where it was supposed to be. I would have to play the game again, going into the tunnel etc to rule out that is the issue, but quite frankly why bother - that's the beta testers (paid) job not mine.

I'll deal with it when I replay the game for all the secrets.

All up the Wii version is VERY EASY, in line with the wii 'family' feel - although Lara still gets to kill a few endangered Thai Tigers! It feels very old school (not necessary a bad thing) but the puzzles are very grade school. The graphics may not be as good as other consols but to be honest it is good enough for me.

I still love Lara (I do hope to see more of her house though - I love the house pity it's now ruined???)

dusty
27th Dec 2008, 03:43
I've been playing the Wii version and my game had the lever. It looked more like a pole to swing on and it was in the back left corner of the room from where you enter. It took me a while to find the blocks to climb.
Now I'm stuck trying to get to where I can start the water over the water wheel back at Croft manor. I hope you all get past the room with the lever!

lauerman131
31st Dec 2008, 22:18
I think it's totally messed up that I received a game for Xmas and due to poor programming and lack of testing not just me but I bet hundreds of gamers are having the same issue (NO POLE). When I first started looking online for clues for why I was stuck in a room with no way of getting out I found several sites. One site had pictures of the pole on the wall with instructions on how to get to it. I thought great, now what, no pole now what's my next move. I tried so many different ways of hoping to get the pole from last saved game and waiting a day hoping this may help. My point is that we are not the ones that need to be testing nor figuring out work arounds for this game. Great so for the rest of the game I need to make sure I don't look for treasures, this may cost me several hours of glitching. My time (hours) along with time of several others wasted for what??? Because a company couldn't do their job right and now we have to spend all this time instead of having fun enjoy the game we are all getting totally frustrated and upset. I only get to play so many hours because I'm a father of three, husband and coach two soccer teams. I would sit at work and couldn't wait to get home and play as soon as I would got all my wifes to do's done. As of Sunday night Dec 28th I've been stuck on this level and don't feel starting over from the start or my last time save which my fault is couple hours ago. I painfully started back at my last saved spot and after a couple of hours reached the room and still no pole. It's funny how this company feels there is no reason to really send out either a recall or a patch to fix this issue. It's all about the money and no customer service from what I can see.

Signed,

Just Figures

kissabal
1st Jan 2009, 18:19
So I just started playing the game...noticed some issues so I bought the guide and have checked walkthru's on the web. Here is my problem. Went thru Croft Manor (however, never found the med pack that is supposed to be there? Even though I went thru it like 4 times now), started the Med Sea level. Haven't encountered 1 shark, no underwater weapons, tried to find 3 of the treasures using the walkthru to no avail,and then tried to do the ocean floor door puzzle. Found the 1 axel in the smaller ruin, but for the LIFE of me, can't find the other that is supposed to be right in front of the door puzzle. walkthrus say it's on a pedestal....no pedestal. The guide says "pick up the second key from the plinth in front of the door". It's nowhere to be found. :mad2:

Now, either I've temporarily lost my senses :hmm: , or I've encountered a new bug. :scratch: Either way, I would LOVE some help. I've played all the other games to completion, so I am not a complete idiot :rasp: ...any/all help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheese is nice.
1st Jan 2009, 23:01
Hey Keir. Just wanting you to kno how much we appreciate you working so hard on Tomb raider over the years. Would you do all the Wii users a favor and put in a good word to fire Buzz Monkey from any future projects of Tomb raider? Therewas a lot of stuff that was put in there in order to play up the familystuff, but there was too much stuff taken out. If you'd like you can visit my post WII GETS THE SHORT END OF THE STICK . . . AGAIN. Please know it's not directed toward you, even if it says it is, but it is directed toward Buzz Monkey. I only have a Wii and can't afford a new system. If there is a future project going, please have people try realy hard on ths next one. I don't even mind if it is delayed. Please, don't let it become an AOD repeat.

By thee way, Thanks for what you do.:thumb:

spamnchips
2nd Jan 2009, 11:30
The lock-up is that it'll stick and nothing will move, and the Wii itself makes a buzzing noise (not so much a buzzing noise, just a loud and monotone beep) and we have to take the disk out and shut off the Wii. The Wii then goes red at its standby light.

I have had this happen twice when playing Wii-Anniversary. Both times were in different parts of the game. Does this mean that I can look forward to this happening in Underworld as well ?

I never had any problems with the earlier games on the PC. Could it be that the new programming teams are incompetent ?

Cheese is nice.
3rd Jan 2009, 00:35
who knows. I'm just sick of this.

celine52
6th Jan 2009, 04:09
Hi wonder if some magician found the way to finally progress in the game ?
:scratch:
thank
andrée-ann

fen68
7th Jan 2009, 06:48
Well don't know what to say except we're totally fried !! After restarting the damn game three times from the start ( our fault didn't save it ) we hit the Thailand level the 2nd time - and there's no damn pole in the room - arrrraagghhh !! :mad2:

Interesting note - we did the same level prior and there was the lever - in the next restart, we swam in that cave at the beginning of Thailand and low and behold - no damn lever at the end of the level - so maybe there is so rhym or reason to that story :eek:

Unlike the other smart souls, we have saved it as we've gone, unfortunately not far enough back to restart from a different level. This is our third attempt at starting from scratch so we've pretty much outdone our enthusiasm for Lara.

I downloaded the "save" onto an SD card and for some reason our Wii comes up with an error message, saying that we need to have "played the game" to be able to save the levels - what the :confused:

From a purchase point of view - this is an Australian version, unfortunately bought from Sanity Music ( they probably won't refund our $100 unlike EB games ) ..... our 4th TR and soooooo disappointed ..... :mad2:

fen68
8th Jan 2009, 20:58
Well a big thank you to Eidos - I downloaded the PAL version of the patch and it worked !!!

Hopefully now we can get through the rest of the game without anymore glitches :lmao:

Jonesy
10th Jan 2009, 20:25
Couldn't really tell from your post, fen68, but the correct solution to the missing pole is to never, ever swim into that cave at the beginning of the Thailand level. Swimming into the cave will result in the pole disappearing at the end.

spamnchips
12th Jan 2009, 13:15
the correct solution to the missing pole is to never, ever swim into that cave at the beginning of the Thailand level. Swimming into the cave will result in the pole disappearing at the end.

I can confirm that statement. Before I knew about the bug, I explored the tunnel and, sure enough, no pole when I got there. I have started the game from the beginning and this time did not swim into the cave. This time the pole is there.

What really annoys me is that EIDOS have not made any public comment on this issue. They appear to be happy for Wii customers to keep buying a crippled game. Admittedly they did put out a patch but there is no mention of it on their websites. It can only be found by trolling various forums. Anyway it looks as though EIDOS is in deep doo dah financially so maybe there won't be another Tomb Raider to complain about. I just hope Crystal D and Buzz Monkey don't have anything to with any future game if there is one. The scenery, camera movement and game controls are not good. Anniversary was better.

RSS
24th Jan 2009, 01:18
I have another difficulty with Underworld on Wii: After having jumped off the boat, swum down to the caves, collected the two keys to open the big wheel gate puzzle, been frightened by the big tentacle, popped up in the cave, climbed round to get to the gate, used the two pressure pads to open the deadbolts and pulled the lever on the dias - the gate won't open! The game hint on the PDA seems to confirm that I've done the right things and that the lever should open the gate. But the lever seems stuck. Is this another bug or am I missing something?:confused:

Treeble
24th Jan 2009, 01:23
Have you left the pressure plates pressed down while you went to push the lever? :hmm:

RSS
24th Jan 2009, 01:26
That was a quick reply!

Yes, I put the big lumps of statue on them by using my grapple.

Treeble
24th Jan 2009, 01:32
Hmm, sorry I'm not much of a help then. It's the first time I hear about a possible bug/glitch in that area, the closest to that I can remember is someone who was having problems with the motion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=85497) you have to do with the controllers to activate the lever.

Once again, sorry. :( Hopefully someone else can sort you out.

RSS
24th Jan 2009, 18:37
I'm a Silly Billy. Treeble, you did sort me out, thanks a million! I'm new to Wii (though a veteran of Lara) and didn't realise that I needed to use that lever pulling motion AS WELL as pushing the minus button. Thanks for your invaluable help (the link was very useful), I can now get past the gate and will be a bit more savvy about future arm movements!

Treeble
24th Jan 2009, 19:18
LOL, excellent news. :) Enjoy the game. :thumb:

PBC
24th Feb 2009, 15:39
Same thing happened to me,lots of times started all over again and until one time I pressed to go up the two jumps at the side of the missing lever, but before I could get to the second jump, lara flickered her way across on her own to where the lever should be ,in a very fast movement and she seamed to hang on to a lever , but I don't think it was there, but at least the game carried on.