PDA

View Full Version : TRU is running slow

evierey
20th Nov 2008, 23:24
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone out there had same issue. I installed TRU last night and I started to play the part where Lara is in the mansion but while I press the key to get her to move it will be seconds later after she does. I went back and removed other stuff on my computer to make more room and did a cleanup on old files. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but still the same issues. I'm doing a Disk Defragmenter hoping it will help but if there is something else I can do please let me know. I can't believe I waited for this game and I can't play it :confused:

rg_001100
20th Nov 2008, 23:51
What are your computer specs? Is it good enough to run the game?
(what settings were you running the game on?)
Post your DxDiag.

evierey
21st Nov 2008, 01:48
Hi thanks for getting back to me.
I have Windows Vista (Home Premium)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.10 6hz
Memory: 894 MB
System type: 32 bit operating system

Where can I find my DxDiag?

Thanks,
Evie

Nightfall
21st Nov 2008, 02:38
I guess you are a bit low with your memory here. Only 894MB? That impossible, even Vista needs more. At least 2 to 3GB of RAM.

And what about your graphics card?

evierey
21st Nov 2008, 02:48
I have updated the NVIDIA to 6 series (6800 GT) and now I'm in safemode because on my regular screen all I get is a black screen. :mad2:

ericjr
21st Nov 2008, 03:50
install at least 3 gigs ram and upgrade graphics to at least series 8 just make sure you check the measurements so that it will fit in your pc. and all requirements for 8800 series graphics cards.

ericjr
21st Nov 2008, 03:58
Did you install the drivers for the 6800 GT ? you can also go to nvidia site and probably find more updated drivers. Also some graphics cards req. a separate power connection,check your card for a 4 or 6 pin power connection it comes directly from your power supply.

evierey
21st Nov 2008, 04:29
Thanks Ericjr,

Yes the 6800 GT was the one but now my screen is black and I'm in safe mode, I was thinking of uninstalling it.
The graphics cards, were do I check the card power?
The installs you are talking about are they free downloads? Should I ininstall the TRU game first before downloading anything else?

Thanks again for your help,
Evie

Nightfall
21st Nov 2008, 17:40
Evierey,

You should have checked the system requirements of TR Underworld before you bought the game. Take a look here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81348

dikkiedik
21st Nov 2008, 19:36
my dell m1710, which still runs any game you throw at it as smooth as butter, seems to be unable to run TRU?!?! :confused: TRU takes about 3 min to load, the framerate is non existing, game freezes.....just a simple comparison, FarCry 2 runs perfectly!
the general specs of my m1710 are:
3 ghz core duo
nvidia geforce go 7950 gtx 512 mb
4 Gb memory
160Gb 7200 rpm HD
latest drivers installed....
I think I want my money back.....

Loran_69
21st Nov 2008, 20:02
Hi Guys,

An Eidos team member confirmed on another forum they know this problem on GC serie 6 & 7 :( . I have the same exact problem with my Quadro FX 2500M (hardware similar to your card). It's a problem with the way NVidia drivers manage pixel shaders :scratch: . They work on a possible solution, and with NVidia for a possible new driver version. So your computer is probably fine like mine. Just be patient like me ! :whistle:

Loran_69

Dragonranger
23rd Nov 2008, 22:37
Hi Guys,

An Eidos team member confirmed on another forum they know this problem.
Loran_69

Can we have a link to this forum please?

Curious101
23rd Nov 2008, 23:52
Since they list the cards that have issues in the readme, I don't doubt that CD/E knows about it.

TheCox
25th Nov 2008, 04:50
heh in the same boat you are in.

I have a 7900GS and I can usually run everything on medium settings just fine...

Can't even walk in the croft manor without stuttering...

Funny thing, is my laptop can run this game on high with no trouble at all.. lol

May just go install it over there... sigh

ozraider
25th Nov 2008, 04:58
Since they list the cards that have issues in the readme, I don't doubt that CD/E knows about it.

I don't think there's any doubt that Eidos are well aware of the problem by now. What's more concerning is that they haven't made a public statement about it.

This suggests that either:

a) They think it's only a minority of users affected and they're hoping it all blows over in a couple of weeks and that the affected users will just forget about it and go away (the "do nothing" approach).

or

b) They're working on a fix/driver update (in collaboration with Nvidia) which will be released soon.

Hopefully (b) but the longer Eidos wait before making a statement the more likely it is that the outcome will be (a).

tym
25th Nov 2008, 05:58
b) They're working on a fix/driver update (in collaboration with Nvidia) which will be released soon.

Hopefully (b) but the longer Eidos wait before making a statement the more likely it is that the outcome will be (a).

Unfortunate if true. What I'd love to see is some sort of "TR lite" option that would dial down the graphics a notch (perhaps relying on shader 2.0 or some such) and allow playability on a wider range of systems. Sure, the graphics would look as great, but people come for more than that. Plus, Eidos and CD would sell more units, which, after all, is all they ultimately care about.