PDA

View Full Version : Errors with the Kain Figure

Linikratyo
20th Nov 2008, 22:57
I got the Kain action figure. Though it is highly detailed and looks really good, I still noticed some stupid mistakes: his logo on his cape is upside down and he holds the Soul Reaver in his left hand... :eek:

The_Hylden
20th Nov 2008, 23:21
I don't mean to offend anyone, but as I've said many times before, that new Kain figure is the UGLIEST THING EVER!! Completely off. Completely horrid.

Thank you. Continue.:p

shlmysfb
21st Nov 2008, 01:53
Actually, Kain's ambidextrous. You'll notice that in Blood Omen, he carries his sword in a different hand depending on which way he's facing on the map. I should check to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure it's true. :D

FearGhoul
21st Nov 2008, 03:43
Ha! You're right! I just checked a picture, and the clan symbol is upside down!

RainaAudron
21st Nov 2008, 09:18
Actually, Kain's ambidextrous. You'll notice that in Blood Omen, he carries his sword in a different hand depending on which way he's facing on the map. I should check to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure it's true. :D

Yeah I noticed that too...quite strange that he can use swords in both of his hands :nut:

Azazel
21st Nov 2008, 14:03
You're right about that, this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=17350&highlight=kain+fast) has images of it.

Linikratyo
21st Nov 2008, 14:54
Maybe that is also in other games aswell, I will check it out. Kain normally wields the Soul Reaver with both hands. :scratch:

BTW Hylden: I love the Kain figure and if it wouldn't have those mistakes it would have been favourite!! :rasp:

FearGhoul
21st Nov 2008, 20:50
Yeah I noticed that too...quite strange that he can use swords in both of his hands :nut:

Are you guys serious about this? It's a common thing in old 2D games that when they need to show a character from the left and right, they just make one sprite and reverse it. It's actually one of the really cool things about Metroid 2 and Super Metroid, that there's actually a different sprite for Samus when she's facing to the left or right.

VipericVampire
2nd May 2009, 02:13
I got the Kain action figure. Though it is highly detailed and looks really good, I still noticed some stupid mistakes: his logo on his cape is upside down and he holds the Soul Reaver in his left hand... :eek:

There are 2 Kain figures. Which one are you talking about?

The_Hylden
3rd May 2009, 10:52
The newer, crappy one.

And to answer an older thread: Kain in every other game wields the sword in his right hand, with his left supporting. And it's not bad if he were to be ambidextrous, as one should be with weapons (or fighting styles in general), but most favor a side. It's this side which should be shown in the official figure... They simply went off, what's been deduced, one of the concept art pieces that, unfortunately, also got a lot of the same details wrong... If someone sent me this figure, due to its ugliness and off-quality, I'd promptly light it on fire and watch it burn. In fact, I'd get a camera and record it burning, then post it for all to see...

But, enjoy the figure, all you others that love it:rasp:

TheWatcher
3rd May 2009, 14:28
Ha! You're right! I just checked a picture, and the clan symbol is upside down!Heh, that's what you get with "Made in China". ;)

VipericVampire
5th May 2009, 22:02
http://www.thelostworlds.net/Library/Images/Retail_Action_Figures-Figures-BBI_Kain-NECA-Kain-03.JPG

Which one? :confused:

The_Hylden
6th May 2009, 03:17
The creepy goul on the left...

VipericVampire
11th May 2009, 01:10
LMAO.

It does look kinda ugly, especially the face. The body is OK, I dunno about the sword, and I just noticed that the logo is inverted. :lmao:

The one on the right looks a lot like Kain from SR1 and SR2 FMVs.

While the one of the left looks more like Kain in Defiance.

I'd still buy it, no matter how many mistakes it would contain. :D

VipericVampire
10th Aug 2009, 14:31
The article at TLW that talks about BBI/NECA Kain:
The details of both companies' figures are generally quite accurate. Both Kain figures have Vorador's ring worn as an earring, and a scar on their chest where Kain was impaled in the original Blood Omen. BBI's Kain figure has a notable error in that his tabard is emblazoned with Raziel's clan symbol, but this was because they based it on preproduction concept art for Soul Reaver which used it as a stand-in until Kain's own symbol was created. NECA's Kain seems to be based on one specific piece of Defiance promotional artwork, because in both instances Kain is wielding the Reaver in his left hand while using his right to launch a TK attack. The NECA version of the Soul Reaver appears to be more accurate in terms of its size relative to the figure and the detailing of the weapon, with the exception that the hilt is black instead of bronze.

Both figures have some errors. I guess the NECA one is OK, I'm not too fond of the head though.

The concept art that the NECA figure was based on is this (http://nosgoth.net/Defiance/images/LOKD_Spread_art.jpg), which explains why the logo is upside-down and Kain is holding the Reaver on his left hand.