PDA

View Full Version : mexico gap fix

Im A BioHazard
20th Nov 2008, 13:09
right guys for all u who cant get across the gap because your on the wrong side (you are on the right side). heres what i did to fix the problem i restarted the level and first collected the tigers head then the skull to put on the miyan calenders. first put the side with the skull on and set the calender then do the side with the lions head. then rush to get to the courtyard before the fire dragons close and it closes go down into the chamber and when you come across the gapo the bridge should be raised it was for me jump over two gaps then you do the bit with the poles. we did start on the right side but for some reason the bridge was down when it should have been up. maybe it had something to do with the order you use the calender hope this helps as i had the same problem of not being albe to get over the gap cause the game had a bug.

Devil666
20th Nov 2008, 13:40
At first the bridge is UP, but when you get close to it for the first time it goes DOWN .. Then you'll have to make the pole-jump sequences and after them the bridge rises again, but for a while ...
At least that's the way it was for me and it was totally normal ;)

Im A BioHazard
20th Nov 2008, 14:48
some of us were having the problem that when you come to the first bit of the gap when you jump over with the bike the bridge was down stopping us from getting to the side where we neede to get to the poles. then you have to pull the ledge to raise the ramp. but like i said the first bit where you jump the bridge was down and was not supposed to be for plp who are having this problem u know what i mean. im not on about the bit with the poles im on about the bit just before it where the bridge is supposed to be up but its down.

leo-xx
20th Nov 2008, 14:50
Im A BioHazard, i had the same problem just like you, its a shame that underworld has such awful bug:o and i have been stuck in this area for a whole frigging day!!

looks like you will have to obtain the jaguar head and then the human skull head, then you will have to apply the human skull head on one side of the callender first then the jaguar head on the other callender. if you mess up with the order, u will most likely end up triggering the bug.

how did you restart the mexico level? i checked the PDA, there is an option "revisit location", but it's gray, it seems that i have to finish the game to unlock it. did you manually save the game at the start of mexico? i only have one save file, would you please send me a pc game save file past that area? i just want to save the hassle to restart the whole game just because of this unpleasant bug!!:mad2:

you can either email me or upload the game save file to a place like www.rapidshare.com. thx a lot!!

Im A BioHazard
20th Nov 2008, 15:16
to restart the level i pressed start then went to load then searched for the first game save of mexico and started from there then i put the skull on first then the lions head last when you get inside the tomb the bridge should be up for u to jump over jump the next one then jump to the ledge to pull it down and raise the other bridge hope this helps.

leo-xx
20th Nov 2008, 15:56
to restart the level i pressed start then went to load then searched for the first game save of mexico and started from there then i put the skull on first then the lions head last when you get inside the tomb the bridge should be up for u to jump over jump the next one then jump to the ledge to pull it down and raise the other bridge hope this helps.
unfortunately i only have one save file which is right after i get into the underground of the courtyard, when i load the save, it directly takes me to the place before the gap.

would you please upload a game save file on rapidshare.com and post the download link? it will take several seconds and a few clicks. it doesnt matter how far the save file is beyond that area, as long as its still in mexico, it will be fine. thanks!!

leo-xx
20th Nov 2008, 16:52
bah, nvm then, thought you were playing on pc. thx tho, looks like i will have to restart the whole thing, damn

Coy
20th Nov 2008, 21:00
I completely replayed the game since yesterday; it does mean you don't get any secrets or any artifacts let alone medic packs because a litterally ran through everything, but it's the same spot with the 'bridge' actually up:

http://rapidshare.com/files/165759182/Finally_bridge_open.rar.html

leo-xx
21st Nov 2008, 05:04
wow. thanks for the save, u know what, i was giving up hope and already stopped playing, just thinking about restarting the whole game from the begining really pissed me off. thanks a lot, dude. i think a lot of people will be needing this.

Bampire
21st Nov 2008, 05:32
You guys should really state which version of the game you're playing. Different bugs in different platforms.

I have the 360 verison, and in that hallway, where you have to jump the bike 2-3 times. Is what you're talking about, correct? If so, you're saying the FIRST jump in that very hallway, after the cutscene is glitching and those ramps are down? I hope I'm understanding this.

donnabright
21st Nov 2008, 05:37
You guys should really state which version of the game you're playing. Different bugs in different platforms.

I have the 360 verison, and in that hallway, where you have to jump the bike 2-3 times. Is what you're talking about, correct? If so, you're saying the FIRST jump in that very hallway, after the cutscene is glitching and those ramps are down? I hope I'm understanding this.

Yea for me and I have an xbox 360, yes and the same problem. No ramp on very first jump, yes correct. I am ramp-less. :D

donnabright
21st Nov 2008, 05:44
Oh yea right at the very first gap, well I don't have a ramp..Xbox 360..Anyway right where you would fall, well you can get down the broken bridge, if you do it just right. You can jump down but is easy to fall and die if not done right, still there is nothing to do and I can't go anywhere. I'm still stuck. I can go behind walls to. :lol:

Im A BioHazard
21st Nov 2008, 19:20
i had the same problem with the bridge and im using the xbox 360. what i did to get the bridge up was this. first start the mexico level from the begining this wont take long as you all ready know what to do. then go and collect the skull and the lion head. first do the side with the missing skull and set the calendr. then do the side with the lions head. rush to the courtyard before it closes and when u get inside, the bridge should be up it was for me. i found out if i done the calender in the opposite order E.G the lion side first then the skull side when i went into the chamber the bridge was down. therefore stopping me from going anywhere. hope this helps as it was the only way i could fix this major glitch.

donnabright
21st Nov 2008, 19:27
i had the same problem with the bridge and im using the xbox 360. what i did to get the bridge up was this. first start the mexico level from the begining this wont take long as you all ready know what to do. then go and collect the skull and the lion head. first do the side with the missing skull and set the calendr. then do the side with the lions head. rush to the courtyard before it closes and when u get inside, the bridge should be up it was for me. i found out if i done the calender in the opposite order E.G the lion side first then the skull side when i went into the chamber the bridge was down. therefore stopping me from going anywhere. hope this helps as it was the only way i could fix this major glitch.

Dude I did start from the beginning of the Mexico level and the first wheel stays stuck and yea I know what to do if the damn wheel would turn but it wont. I tried many times. I even went a few levels back and the same problem. So this means I have to start the whole game again? I did try the lion side first, so it has to be the skull side first. I have the lion skull and when I go to the second wheel it won't go in. But the skull head goes in. I remember I did the first wheel first because I was lost, then I went to the other side. So then it would be the 2nd wheel you do first. Cause when I tried the 1st wheel, that set off the glitch.
Thanks for your help but really this needs to be fixed with a patch man.

Im A BioHazard
21st Nov 2008, 19:33
i agree donna. they should have never released this game with so many bugs just goes to sow how greedy games companys are. that they dont care about consumers just as long as they getting our money. i mean come on dont they have games testers for these type of things. this game should have never been released yet anyone agree???. OH AND Eidos if your reading il be happy to test your games for you as clearley your guys are not doing there job propaly.

donnabright
21st Nov 2008, 19:38
Anyway your saying do the 2nd wheel first? Here I go again to start the game all over. I have to nothing else works. And yea it would have been nice not to have this glitch. But it's there so nothing I can do about it for now. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same wheel because once I start all over again I don't want the same problem, or I will cry.
Thanks.

Im A BioHazard
21st Nov 2008, 19:41
yeah i did the second wheel first that fixed the problem for me. i wish u luck as i know how frustrating it was, really done my head in was just about to give up but glad i dident now.

donnabright
21st Nov 2008, 19:46
yeah i did the second wheel first that fixed the problem for me. i wish u luck as i know how frustrating it was, really done my head in was just about to give up but glad i dident now.

Ok well I did that after the glitch. I went to the 2nd wheel, and placed in the head thing, then went to the 1st wheel where is stays stuck. :lol: Move I say. Move. :D

Mjhieu
22nd Nov 2008, 01:16
Can you upload a new link? I need it so much, thanks in advance.

The old link was die.

logo
Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

I completely replayed the game since yesterday; it does mean you don't get any secrets or any artifacts let alone medic packs because a litterally ran through everything, but it's the same spot with the 'bridge' actually up:

http://rapidshare.com/files/165759182/Finally_bridge_open.rar.html

Mjhieu
22nd Nov 2008, 05:00
For PC version, if you dont wanna replay, go to the end of the post of the link below, there is a solution to get it done.:D Good luck!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=82916

Bampire
22nd Nov 2008, 06:17
Yea for me and I have an xbox 360, yes and the same problem. No ramp on very first jump, yes correct. I am ramp-less. :D

Ever tried sprint+jump? Just to lower the bridge from the other side? Or really start the level over? Possibly start the sub-level over. Loading it.

Resy
22nd Nov 2008, 08:20
PS3 and no missing ramps for me.

donnabright
22nd Nov 2008, 08:22
I was messing up in a big way and I mean big. Wow! I even started the whole game 2 times, come to find out I was placing the Jugar head in the wrong spot. Stop laughing at me. Ya I am dumb. You see a skull, then the Y button, so one thinks place it there. (The wheel would not move)..It's a trick, you think place the head there because you see the Y button. No the head goes on where the crank thing is, that you turn wheel, not the skull to turn the wheel. By the the crank, now see the Y button. (oh look the head fits on-top)..This is where the head goes, not where the skull is. If you do the wheel will not turn because it's in the wrong spot, so place near crank. (Now the head is on-top of the crank that you pull). The skull head is now off to the side, that is on the side where you place the jugar head.. As soon as I did that the wheel turned. Now on the other wheel just place in empty spot, not the crank, but where the skull head is supposed to be.
I was able to go on and when I got to the next level the ramp was there this time, thank God.
I am so tired again but hey I made it, maybe this might help someone also.

Note: I went for the jugar head first, then the skull. That fixed the glitch I had for over a day.
Some people like myself could not turn the wheel, so I figured this might be the problem, as I forgot what I did the first time, so when I went back I really messed up because I forgot. :lol:

Note: I went for the jugar head first, then the skull. That fixed the glitch I had for over a day.

Bond007
23rd Nov 2008, 21:00
XBOX360 VERSION
This is getting WAY WAY WAY OLD!!!!!!! I have been stuck trying to figure out how to get this bridge up for two days now. I have followed all of everyones ideas about how to raise the bridge:

Start level over
Find the Jaguar Head
Find the skull
Do the skull side first
Do the Jaguar head second

THE DAMN BRIDGE IS STILL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a classic example of a fantastic game gone totally wrong. The grafics are unbelievable and the story line is fantastic.... BUT THIS IS 2008 EIDOS!!!!! TEST YOUR PRODUCT! BUGS ARE FOR THE 90's

Resy
23rd Nov 2008, 21:02
Can someone post a picture of this "bridge" cause seriously, there is one that is suppose to be down. You need to raise it to proceed.

Its a puzzle.

Coy
23rd Nov 2008, 22:31
I did play the game on PC and got the bug right away. I replayed the game and didn't got the bug anymore. I'm sure it has something to do with performing actions in a certain order. I uploaded the savegame once more for the ones interested.

It's a free account so only 10 downloads allowed, that makes 30 downloads for 3 links. If somebody has a another spot that keeps the savegame published be my guest:

http://rapidshare.com/files/166740381/Finally_bridge_open.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/166740598/Finally_bridge_open.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/166740698/Finally_bridge_open.rar.html

dimljajvbu
23rd Nov 2008, 23:07
Where exactly is this bridge that people are having trouble with?

Resy
24th Nov 2008, 00:26
Where exactly is this bridge that people are having trouble with?

I've asked that myself without getting an answer.

Coy
24th Nov 2008, 16:59
This:

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/Shooterinfinity/eidossucks.png[/

should not be there when you see it; the bridge should be up; pretty much like the next bridge you can see in the distance....

If the bridge is like this u can (only PC version):

- Use a trainer to perform a Superjump (this is a hack and therefore not acceptable in my opinion): http//:tinyurl.com/trainer10
- Use one of my savegames
- Replay the game yourself