PDA

View Full Version : Problem with in game texturing

zebers
19th Nov 2008, 21:49
I'm having a strange problem whenever I activate Trilinear(default) or anisotropic filtering(of any strength) my image quality becomes quite poor.

An example can be found in this picture.

http://thisspaceforrent.net/images/tru1.jpg

You can see on the Left is a SS with bilinear filtering and 16xAA, on the right is 16x anisotropic filtering. Trilinear looks the same as the one on the right. No other settings seem to help, including adjusting anti aliasing. Turning off water reflections improves the water surface textures but not anything else.

You can also see with the higher(suppose to be better) image settings, everything takes a turn for the worse all the colors are washed out and the water itself actually looses some of its texture and is left with nothing but its reflective qualities. Lara's face is also discolored from the rest of her body but her facial tone is actually the color she should be all over.

The game runs perfectly fine on bilinear but I would like to have it on the highest settings since I'm more than capable of it . Any suggestions?

Running on Nvidia 8800 GTS x 2 (SLI) w/ 180.48 drivers.

zebers
26th Nov 2008, 08:49
bump

pleomax
29th Nov 2008, 16:11
Mine looks like the one on the left with 16AF enabled. (8800gts).

Apart from reinstall drivers, don't know.

Leak
29th Nov 2008, 17:11
Have you tried turning off SLI? It doesn't neccessarily make everything better and/or faster...

np: Gas - Track 3 (Gas)