PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in level 3! Help needed to get across

rigte056
18th Nov 2008, 23:42
Hi,

I need help in the level where Laura has just found out that her father has taken away an artifact. She is in the center of a large temple (?) room where sunlight is hitting a tree. She says she needs to get back to the boat. This should be the last part of level 3 (Thailand)

I managed to open the doors to the other chamber where I need to get across some water. On the right side there's a ring in the wall, which I can reach with Q (the handdy cable). But from there I can't seem to get on the other side. I tried different things, all ending up with Laura in the water... I'm stuck here for almost an hour. Probably it's a simple thing, but I can't figure it out myself. Can someone help me?

Thanx!

mruottin
19th Nov 2008, 06:57
If I remember correctly, you'll need to turn the bridge around with your
"superpowers". Start by dropping to lower level behind the tree. Turn
the bridge a bit, then go to the ring to get yourself to the ledge under it.
Then push the bridge some more... that should do it.

Devil666
19th Nov 2008, 07:40
Hi,

I need help in the level where Laura has just found out that her father has taken away an artifact. She is in the center of a large temple (?) room where sunlight is hitting a tree. She says she needs to get back to the boat. This should be the last part of level 3 (Thailand)

I managed to open the doors to the other chamber where I need to get across some water. On the right side there's a ring in the wall, which I can reach with Q (the handdy cable). But from there I can't seem to get on the other side. I tried different things, all ending up with Laura in the water... I'm stuck here for almost an hour. Probably it's a simple thing, but I can't figure it out myself. Can someone help me?

Thanx!
WEll that's veryyy easy one! :) When you attach the grapple to the ring, you should do some wall run and then jump backwards from the wall to grab the other side of the bridge ... When you do, there's a pole in the wall on which you have to climb ... When that's done an underwater door is opened, but it's timed so you have to be quick :) And that's it ... swim your way up to the deep blue ocean, filled with sharks :)))
Hope I helped :0

rigte056
19th Nov 2008, 10:25
Hi Devil666,

Thank you. I tried that though: when I'm running along the wall I can't seem to jump in the right direction. I have tried to jump by pressing space bar in combination with S, A, D and W, but every time she just jumps in the direction I was running to and ends up in the water...

What combination of keys do I have to press to let her land on the other side?

Thanx!

PS @mruottin I probably didn't explain very well where I got stuck. I passed that part and then got stuck. Thank you for replying though

mruottin
19th Nov 2008, 11:04
Now I know where you are!

Yes, Its just like said before. Jump backwards when swinging with the rope.
Meaning S and jump. The key is to keep adjusting the camera while swinging
to keep the ledge straight behind you. Otherwise it's very difficult to guess
the right direction... I played with pad, so it helped a bit I guess...

rigte056
19th Nov 2008, 11:18
Hi mruottin,

Thanx again for your reply. I'll give it a try (probably several ones...) and let you know if it worked for me!

rigte056

rigte056
19th Nov 2008, 12:32
I finally got it! Thank you very much for your help!

rigte056

Devil666
19th Nov 2008, 15:34
Yes thats the strategy for such jumps ... I had a lot of trouble with TRA in the room with the swords :: )) Good luck!

batotesic
20th Nov 2008, 17:55
Hi,

Thanx!

www.tombraidercronicles.com - there you got walkthru