PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Human class - the Forsaken

CountEyokir
24th Jan 2014, 22:23
The Forsaken – New Human Class

Made up of cast offs, renegades and outcasts from the various other human factions – the Forsaken have earned their name many times. Coming from very different factions they bring a strange union of their skill and technology. Their first leader, the man who was able to integrate them all, proposed that they be bound by practicality first and prejudice second. It had not escaped any of their notice that despite advanced alchemy and weapons, the Vampires had a great advantage over Humanity.
To that end he proposed that they put their skills to work in mimicking their enemies – for one needed to understand and even fight like an enemy if one wished to defeat it. Years, even decades, were spent in perfecting equipment to compete with the evolution of Vampires – to allow Humanity the same level of dexterity in close combat.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120226145630/legacyofkain/images/3/3e/SR1-Enemy-VampireHunter-Gears.jpg

http://i7.minus.com/ijiOBsk93uGt4.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120226145630/legacyofkain/images/thumb/c/c9/SR1-Enemy-VampireHunter-Forsaken.jpg/500px-SR1-Enemy-VampireHunter-Forsaken.jpg

The Forsaken, despite having the best intentions of humanity at heart – are also so practical that if necessary they would ally themselves with a Vampire clan if that clan was a rival of another clan which posed a greater threat to mankind. Once that threat was gone, such alliances would break off at once. For their mimicry of the Vampires and a willingness to call a truce with their enemies – the rest of humanity shun the Forsaken when off of the battlefield.

Forsaken technology would allow them to mimic a Vampires ability to scale buildings, although nowhere near as fast. This would allow them the opportunity for leaping ambushes from rooftops, down upon Vampires attacking their fellow man – an attack from where the Vampires would never expect it. Their greatest weapon however is the discovery and utilisation of a power beyond alchemy, beyond magic. Dwelling out in the wastes beyond Dark Eden, before the sulphurous towering mountain of the burning volcano Schwarzkern ( Schwarzkern – German for black core – (swrzk-kurn) ) they found that alchemic compounds when put under certain conditions produced a strange energy. This they dubbed ‘electricity’. Although understanding this phenomenon is a new science the Forsaken would certainly like to put it to use against their Vampire enemies.

---

Electricity in Nosgoth? Well actually yes. I only noticed this quite recently in Soul Reaver, but when I explored the Human Citadel I noticed that in places they had electric light bulbs. I think that as time goes on the humans become les and less magic based and more scientific. But the presence of electric technology opens whole doors of opportunities.

What do you think?

Sluagh
26th Jan 2014, 22:06
I think your sketches look awesome. However, I am not sure about the idea behind the faction/class itself. It's sounds like some kind of rational/science cult but the Nosgoth humans seem to me to as a general group, rather a superstitious gang. Although perhaps you could argue by SR's time they were moving towards more of a technology based society, as evident in some of their structures etc. However it doesn't seem to have been doing them a whole lot of good.

RainaAudron
26th Jan 2014, 22:29
Those are actual cut enemies from SR1 and those sketches are done by SR1 artists.

Sluagh
27th Jan 2014, 07:53
Oh yes ta Raina. Should check where things are from before clicking on them :scratch:. Looks quite cool though.

IKathaarI
3rd Feb 2014, 02:37
Wow, you know, not gunna lie I think this is a BRILLIANT idea.

Nosgoth revolves around Ranged vs. Melee. However, if one class for each side was able to break that Mould (one melee artist for Humans, one Ranged artist for Vampires - I vote Rahabim) Balance would remain, and it would add a level of diversity to strategy in combat. Vampires would have to keep on their toes for ambush at close range, while Humans wouldn't necessary feel safe anymore at a distance.

And of course the concept behind them lore-wise is lovely too, and since they're the only ones to discover electricity, and are generally shunned among the humans, it would explain in itself why it took so long to make electricity a general-purpose energy like in the Citadel. The other humans wouldn't want to listen to the Forsaken trying to show how electricity can be superior to alchemy.

Monkeythumbz
4th Feb 2014, 15:25
However, if one class for each side was able to break that Mould (one melee artist for Humans, one Ranged artist for Vampires - I vote Rahabim) Balance would remain

I don't think it would, as it would require each team being forced to pick equal numbers of those classes per match (and that's just for starters).

IKathaarI
7th Feb 2014, 04:03
I don't think it would, as it would require each team being forced to pick equal numbers of those classes per match (and that's just for starters).
Ah good point, something to help balance it is to make Forsaken (and whatever the Vampiric range character would be) pretty weak in those aspects (Forsaken weaker then most vampire classes in melee, and Rahabim weaker then most human classes in ranged.)

CountEyokir
13th Feb 2014, 10:49
I'm thinking having humans with climbing mechanics would be better more then saying their MUST be melee based. Think - they can climb up buildings and then hide - Vampires come in to pick off the other humans and then they can rain down death on them from hidden positions from above.

Monkeythumbz
13th Feb 2014, 15:42
I'm thinking having humans with climbing mechanics would be better more then saying their MUST be melee based. Think - they can climb up buildings and then hide - Vampires come in to pick off the other humans and then they can rain down death on them from hidden positions from above.

I think we want to maintain the differences in play-style between both sides. If they become similar, then the game loses its asymmetrical dynamic.

CountEyokir
14th Feb 2014, 10:32
I think we want to maintain the differences in play-style between both sides. If they become similar, then the game loses its asymmetrical dynamic.

Well given that my idea was the humans trying to copy the vampire's in order to get the advantage back. But if that's not an option then my idea goes out the window. I'd suggest long range electric weapons but that would definitely be a step too far.

Vampmaster
14th Feb 2014, 10:48
Well given that my idea was the humans trying to copy the vampire's in order to get the advantage back. But if that's not an option then my idea goes out the window. I'd suggest long range electric weapons but that would definitely be a step too far.

I've been asking for magic user class that wields some sort of lightning rod. Would that count?

Monkeythumbz
14th Feb 2014, 14:06
I've been asking for magic user class that wields some sort of lightning rod. Would that count?

If they were Human, yes.