PDA

View Full Version : Evolution and the Razielim

GenFeelGood
24th Jan 2014, 18:52
With news of evolution being possible down the line, I am curious about what that will mean for the Razielim.

It is stated in the blog that the Razielim were closer to human originally, like the Dumahim and Turelim, but their forms were twisted, rotted, and mangled after centuries of being locked away underground with no blood to sustain them while they struggled to claw their way out.
It also stated in the blog that as they rejoined the fight and began to feed once again that their forms began to slowly regress back to what they were before when they first emerged from the change.
My question is, with the Razielim's evolution do you think we will see them become closer to human in form than they are now or will their forms become even more twisted.

What do you think?

Monkeythumbz
24th Jan 2014, 19:22
I know something you don't know, doo-dah, doo-dah...

:rasp:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sataine
24th Jan 2014, 21:23
I know something you don't know, doo-dah, doo-dah...

:rasp:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

That got me laughing. Personally, I think we'll see them revert back. Just not as pure as they would have been.

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Jan 2014, 03:22
I would guess the Razielim would return to their more human, and less twisted, form as they get the opportunity to feed.

Dumah wasn't very generous in the blog entry...i would say he only gives them enough blood to not die, not enough for them to regain their noble form.
They wouldn't want the Razielim to grow too powerful now would they?

DeIYIon
25th Jan 2014, 16:18
I would guess the Razielim would return to their more human, and less twisted, form as they get the opportunity to feed.

Dumah wasn't very generous in the blog entry...i would say he only gives them enough blood to not die, not enough for them to regain their noble form.
They wouldn't want the Razielim to grow too powerful now would they?

Yeah I agree with this, Dumah recognises that the Razielim have a big advantage and so want's to make use of it for the purposes of the uprising. I think he want's to keep the Razielim's numbers very controlled.

I would really love to see evolution of the clans in this game. I am excited to see what gets revealed to us in the near future!

diuqSehT
26th Jan 2014, 01:47
So they're shriveled like raisins while out on parole until some of them manage to slip away from the watchful eyes of the dumahs so they can gorge back into health over time to become full ripe grapes again.

I want specially evolved wingtip skewers for fully matured Razielims!
Like say each wing has a claw growing from it near the middle of the leading edge so it's protectively near the head while the wings are flapping. Then when they divebomb some schmuck on the ground they'd hold their wings still with the claws interlocked together behind their heads so they're jutting forward like a lance. The Razzie then impales fools on this lance, glides back upward for a bit to feed on the blood that gravity is sending right into their open mouth from the victims's wound, and then after a second they'd start to lose altitude so they'd de-couple the wing-claws (rending the victim into pieces explosively!!!) in order to start their wings flapping again.

Sluagh
26th Jan 2014, 22:12
So they're shriveled like raisins while out on parole until some of them manage to slip away from the watchful eyes of the dumahs so they can gorge back into health over time to become full ripe grapes again.

Like say each wing has a claw growing from it near the middle of the leading edge so it's protectively near the head while the wings are flapping. Then when they divebomb some schmuck on the ground they'd hold their wings still with the claws interlocked together behind their heads so they're jutting forward like a lance. The Razzie then impales fools on this lance, glides back upward for a bit to feed on the blood that gravity is sending right into their open mouth from the victims's wound, and then after a second they'd start to lose altitude so they'd de-couple the wing-claws (rending the victim into pieces explosively!!!) in order to start their wings flapping again.

Haha that is a sick idea, I like it.

DeIYIon
26th Jan 2014, 22:19

I don't think this idea would work at all for multilayer as it means an instant kill for a vampire that there is no defence against other than trying to see it coming and dodge it.
Also from a logical angle it doesn't make sense. It's impossible to glide upwards like you said, once you start a decent you cannot gain altitude again without using your wings. It would have to be like the divebomb attack the sentinels already have but for a single target.

diuqSehT
27th Jan 2014, 04:24
I'm willing to trade away logic and flight physics in return for having enemies explode on my wing horns! But if it wrecks the balance of the game, we can't have that. Big fan of balance. Could it be a finishing move or is that only for pro wrestling?

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2014, 10:11
I'm willing to trade away logic and flight physics in return for having enemies explode on my wing horns! But if it wrecks the balance of the game, we can't have that. Big fan of balance. Could it be a finishing move or is that only for pro wrestling?

Kain already wrecked the balance. :p

Sataine
27th Jan 2014, 17:23
I don't think this idea would work at all for multilayer as it means an instant kill for a vampire that there is no defence against other than trying to see it coming and dodge it.
Also from a logical angle it doesn't make sense. It's impossible to glide upwards like you said, once you start a decent you cannot gain altitude again without using your wings. It would have to be like the divebomb attack the sentinels already have but for a single target.

I'm sorry, but physics disagree. You can use your own momentum to pull up and increase your altitude while gliding in the real world. Depending on your speed the altitude capable of being reached will vary. However, pointing straight up stalls you and no altitude is achieved.

DeIYIon
28th Jan 2014, 00:58
I'm sorry, but physics disagree. You can use your own momentum to pull up and increase your altitude while gliding in the real world. Depending on your speed the altitude capable of being reached will vary. However, pointing straight up stalls you and no altitude is achieved.
Yeah I thought this was what he was suggesting? pointing upwards in order that the blood drips downwards so the Sentinel can drink it?
Also now that I think about it more with the extra weight of a fully armoured human impaled on the end of their wings making them unbalanced and top heavy. I'm still unconvinced they would be able to pull off this maneuver.

ParadoxicalOmen
30th Jan 2014, 02:16
It would be interesting for the fully recuperated Razielim to have some kind of bonus...but don't think it's obligated.

IKathaarI
3rd Feb 2014, 02:18
I'd imagine a fully regenerated Razielim is probably going to look like Wrath Raziel if you gave him some skin, and the bones to his wings back (so less beautiful then the Vampire raziel, but still very much humanoid and overall, not that deformed.)