PDA

View Full Version : I really miss the center camera button :(

ElGolem
12th Nov 2008, 14:53
I enjoy the demo a lot, but... It's just me or there is no center camera button in underworld?

Cheers!

Sina_Croft
13th Nov 2008, 13:30
I didn't thought about it, but now you mention it.. I don't know, it would be helpful, I guess. :)

Resy
13th Nov 2008, 14:14
you know, I never noticed the lack of a center camera button. But I wonder if you draw her guns, if the camera will auto center behind her?

ElGolem
13th Nov 2008, 14:52
you know, I never noticed the lack of a center camera button. But I wonder if you draw her guns, if the camera will auto center behind her?

Not always, a lot of times when you draw the guns Lara use to face something like a place where grab the hook or an enemy or something like that. It's funny because nobody seems to notice the lack of this button but me!
I used it a lot in anniversary and Legend, specially when the camera dosen't work fine (And in Underworld this happen a lot :nut: ) ... It's a clasic button of every third person game.

Aniway: "Center camera button", I'm gonna miss you :(

Cheers!

Joey91
13th Nov 2008, 15:35
Not always, a lot of times when you draw the guns Lara use to face something like a place where grab the hook or an enemy or something like that. It's funny because nobody seems to notice the lack of this button but me!
I used it a lot in anniversary and Legend, specially when the camera dosen't work fine (And in Underworld this happen a lot :nut: ) ... It's a clasic button of every third person game.

Aniway: "Center camera button", I'm gonna miss you :(

Cheers!

hmm, well...when I played the demo I was able to center the camera, by pressing the grapple button...but I don't know :rasp: :mad2: :nut:

CarlKenner
13th Nov 2008, 17:04
This button is needed for head tracking with a HMD.

rg_001100
13th Nov 2008, 17:21
I enjoy the demo a lot, but... It's just me or there is no center camera button in underworld?

Cheers!

I don't think there's a control on the PC keyboard/mouse, but when I played it with a gamepad there's a button to centre the camera. ("Button 9" on the controller I was playing it with).
I am unsure whether there's actually need for it on the PC, though. If you're playing with a mouse you shouldn't need to centre the camera... although it would be good if it were a control on the PC.

Resy
14th Nov 2008, 01:09
Now since we don't have a demo for the PS3, we won't know this until the game comes out... But I wonder if by pressing in on the R3 button if it will center the view. I know other games that use the R3 to free mode the camera and pressing in will auto center it.

I use a logitech on my PC... I'll try it and report back to ya.

edit

mine simply brought up the menu to change weapons and use the sonar...

caiounder
14th Nov 2008, 02:09

Cheers!

yeah i didnt found it too :(

rg_001100
14th Nov 2008, 03:23
It works on game controllers for the PC. (I think the button's equivalent of the one labelled "back" or "start" on PS3/Xbox controllers. 'L3' is used for menu, and 'R3' for PDA). I don't know why the PC doesn't have a button for it, perhaps it's because of the mouse (or another oversight for the demo).

tiger
14th Nov 2008, 03:58

Cheers!

Heck, I was using that centering for a lot of my AutoHotKey TRL and TRA tricks.
And it was like a necessity for my retro "roll or dive and turn" tricks for Lara.
(Sorry, I was being a bit outside-the-console-box mentality, around here.) :cool:

rg_001100
14th Nov 2008, 04:02
The command seems to still be in the game engine, and it's available on the demo; it's just no keyboard keys were assignable for it.

There was also the issue with the mouse for control configuration. I wonder if these issues will be fixed in the final version of the PC game.

ElGolem
14th Nov 2008, 06:53
Maybe it's some problem with the pc demo because looks like the xbox version do have the button Right? I use a game pad with the pc and when I go to the controls set I can't find any comand to center camera... Anyway I think I remember that in legend and anniversary the comand was not "center camera" but "Display HUD" or something like that.
Could anybody who is playing the pc demo and have the center camera button enter in the controls set and find what comand is?

rg_001100
14th Nov 2008, 06:56
Yes, look up and read. :)

It's not a command on the keyboard, though, as far as I know. (My gamepad had a button for it, though. No configuration of controls used).

ElGolem
14th Nov 2008, 07:15
My gamepad had a button for it, though. No configuration of controls used.

So, If you enter the menu, go to control and look for the button wich center the camera, What action do you have? :scratch:

rg_001100
14th Nov 2008, 07:22
It's not listed in the configuration menu :)

The button to centre the camera is equivalent to the button labelled "pause" on a 360 controller. If there's a button on your controller for "free aim", there should be a button for centering the camera (would be right next to it, usually), as button for free-aim is equivalent of the "start" button on a 360 controller. (And "Free aim" is listed on the configuration).

pedrofbsilva
14th Nov 2008, 07:23
Hi guys,

Dunno about the PC version but on the 360 the center button is the left analog stick, push it and it centers the camera behind Lara.

What I didnīt find in the demo was the HUD, so to see her health one must draw and to see how many medpacks I switch weapons or turn on/off the PLS.

Less than one week to go.