PDA

View Full Version : Nice to have all Core Tombraiders reissued on DVD and Steam

GoLarago
12th Nov 2008, 04:03
I think it would be great if all of the old Tombraiders could be sold again on a single dvd (don't know if they would fit) like Quake did or sold on Steam like ID did with all their old games. That way people that don't have a copy or want to protect their copy could get a fresh new copy. I got lucky and came accross a new copy of TR2 a couple of months back and have it stashed just in case. My original is getting scrachy.

What do you think? Would anyone buy it. I know I would.

Bampire
12th Nov 2008, 07:00
Well, of course I would. :rolleyes:

lara778
12th Nov 2008, 07:14
me too;)

Rachie
12th Nov 2008, 09:20
Absolutely. I've been wanting to get my hands on the classic games for months.

rg_001100
12th Nov 2008, 18:25
I think it would be great if all of the old Tombraiders could be sold again on a single dvd (don't know if they would fit) like Quake did or sold on Steam...

What do you think? Would anyone buy it. I know I would.

By "all the old Tomb Raiders" would this include Angel of Darkness? Yes, it was a part of the old series, but is not remembered well by many Tomb Raider fans, and wasn't ranked highly by the general public at the time either. i.e. Would it be worth putting AoD up, and bring back the memories/create fresh ones over again?
If they're to exclude AoD, would they exclude other Tomb Raider games, that didn't do so well?

I would be interested to see them only for the Tomb Raider 3: Gold. I own discs of the other ones (and the 'Gold' versions are downloadable).
I don't think the "general public" would be interested in buying the older TR games, though.

GoLarago
12th Nov 2008, 20:27
Well I don't play Quake 3, but it came with the reissue. Disks don't last forever and not all of us know how to do that iso immage thingy that some gamers can do to play without their disks. I would hate to have a fire or something and loose all my games and be unable to find them again to repurchase. AOD was ok I neither love it or hate it but it isn't a bad game. I bought Orange box even tho I already had some of the games on it. You wouldn't have to play the ones you didn't care for. I personally think if a company isn't going to keep copies for sale of all their games they ought to be freeware. :nut:

LC is Me
12th Nov 2008, 20:32
I found TR2 and 3 at a flee market near my house. In great condition: still had the booklet and not a scratch on the CD.

So, rather than do that, I'd suggest trying to find a gently used copy first.

annebelle86
13th Nov 2008, 08:47
i bought 1-6 in one box... there were 7 discs (AOD had 2)... only cost me 10 euros!

@ rachie: google tomb raider collection packs (images) and you're bound to find it... i guess...
i take it you don't have any of the originals?

rg_001100
13th Nov 2008, 17:05
i bought 1-6 in one box... there were 7 discs (AOD had 2)... only cost me 10 euros!

@ rachie: google tomb raider collection packs (images) and you're bound to find it... i guess...

I've got that box... cost me about 3 times that, though. :mad: (and I'd already owned TR2-5...)
I got it from an online store, but they're no longer selling it..

And I think playstation players would like to have the PS versions re-released, too, just so they don't have to use the keyboard controls which some people find difficult. (Although I've played them using a gamepad, where you can map the gamepad buttons to PC keyboard controls).

GoLarago
13th Nov 2008, 19:33

That was a real good deal whats 10 euros about 15 to 20 USD's? No I have all the TRs. I just thought it would be nice to have them available and easy to find again. Would like back up copies.

itsalexbyo
30th Dec 2008, 05:06
i wouldd:)

rg_001100
30th Dec 2008, 05:11
If a thread hasn't been posted in for over a month, it's not worth posting in it. It's called "Thread bumping", and is not a good idea.

GoLarago
30th Dec 2008, 16:51
Mr Moderator would you be so kind as to lock my thread here? As rg 001100 has said its dead. Thank you.