PDA

View Full Version : Share your Deus Ex dreams here

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2008, 15:06
Have any of you ever dreamed about Deus Ex or Deus Ex: Invisible War? As the hyped machine ramped up for the release of Invisible War I kept having this dream.

Queue Seattle streets and rootops and a beautiful sunset rays shining down on the buildings. I parachute from a helicopter onto a rooftop and unload my rifle. Below me my co-op partner has arrived and is sneaking through the streets blending in the shadows. (Martial law has been declared)

There isn't much I remember from here besides unpacking my sniper rifle and crouching across the rooftops till I reach the entrance of the building I need to infiltrate. I would also provide cover for my co-op partner during the online game campaign.

Anyway it was just one of those crazy dreams I had thanks to the hype machine of Invisible War. How about you guys?

dixieflatline
11th Nov 2008, 23:02
I guess it's only the best of best games that inspire such devotion !

I hope DX 3 has a lot of RPG in it. That's all I'm asking out of Eidos M.

So many developers seem to over-simplfy these games these days, saying that is what most people want. I think this is bull****, and that gamers appreciate games with depth and complexity... and that these games are harder to make, so that is why they aren't often made.

In short, I'm hoping Dx3 will rock and that'll it be difficult.

GmanPro
12th Nov 2008, 08:00
I had a dream that I was playing DX3... and it was awesome. :cool:

Jerion
12th Nov 2008, 08:02
I had a dream that I was playing DX3... and it was awesome. :cool:

On that note, I had a wacky dream that I was playing DX3, but that it hadn't been finished yet. :nut: It was however, awesome. :thumbsup:

Unstoppable
12th Nov 2008, 11:19
Well considering the dissapointment of Invisible War I learned not to worry too much about game releases, especially my fav franchises.

gamer0004
12th Nov 2008, 14:22
On that note, I had a wacky dream that I was playing DX3, but that it hadn't been finished yet. :nut: It was however, awesome. :thumbsup:

I had a dream about DX3 as well, it was not yet finished, it had a blue HUD (could be that I was right on that), used an assault rifle which looked quite similar to the one on the art (although that was before it got released), althought I could only see the top of it.
I felt a bit dissapointed, it was like Invisible War but slightly better.
Yes, those were the days. I have no hope for DX3 to be as good as IW anymore...

imported_van_HellSing
12th Nov 2008, 14:48
I have no hope for DX3 to be as good as IW anymore...

That's it. I request an ignore option for this forum.

Jerion
12th Nov 2008, 14:50
That's it. I request an ignore option for this forum.

View Profile > Add "" to Your Ignore List

imported_van_HellSing
12th Nov 2008, 14:54
Joy! :D

Jerion
12th Nov 2008, 14:56
Sadly I can't use this feature as it would get in the way of the whole moderator thing. Oh well...

imported_van_HellSing
12th Nov 2008, 14:57
With great power comes great responsibility, I guess. ;)

Jerion
12th Nov 2008, 14:58
Rhetoric, always more Rhetoric. ;)

3nails4you
12th Nov 2008, 15:12
I had a dream about DX a few times, but I honestly can't remember what happened in them.

12th Nov 2008, 15:25
I had a dream I was being chased underwater by a huge Karkian.

Spyhopping
12th Nov 2008, 17:38
huge Karkian.

At first I misread that as 'huge kitchen'

Blade_hunter
12th Nov 2008, 18:53
I had a dream with DX is to have the greatest interactivity ever made, the best movement system to infiltrate many places and use many tactics.
the largest areas that display rural locations, cities modern and perhaps a bit futuristic (American and Japanese like) classic locations, locations, factories, military bases, and much more.
I dreamed to have modular items, weapons, suits
a fully customizable character.
A game world that our choices have a real impact in the game even on the levels ...

a pure dream but I hope one day this dream becomes real ... :D

12th Nov 2008, 23:40
At first I misread that as 'huge kitchen'

Paul's kitchen

GmanPro
12th Nov 2008, 23:51
Hells Kitchen

:thumbsup:

Jerion
13th Nov 2008, 00:05
Hells Kitchen

:thumbsup:

Hells Kitchen: The Videogame :eek:

GmanPro
13th Nov 2008, 00:15
I was actually working on a CSS map of Hells Kitchen. And it was going to look almost exactly like that level from DX. But after a while it became apparent that the basic design and shape of the map was inherently flawed. :mad2:

I realized that it would have too many open areas for sniping and that the terrorists would have an advantage over the ct's because of the way the spawn points would have to be set up :(

But it still looks awesome imo :thumbsup:

DXeXodus
13th Nov 2008, 03:34
The Hong Kong market and Tong compound would make for a good CSS level IMO.

At Gamer0004: Your constant negativity is starting to get a little old. I don't know if you are trying to stoop to the lowest possible level of anticipation in order to be pleasantly surprised when the game is released, but no one likes it. Try looking at the positives here for a bit. Just saying.

Jerion
13th Nov 2008, 03:37
The Hong Kong market and Tong compound would make for a good CSS level IMO.

I think the missile silo would work really well also. :thumbsup:

At Gamer0004: Your constant negativity is starting to get a little old. I don't know if you are trying to stoop to the lowest possible level of anticipation in order to be pleasantly surprised when the game is released, but no one likes it. Try looking at the positives here for a bit. Just saying.

Tell me about it.

GmanPro
13th Nov 2008, 03:52
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

;)

btw these are some pics from my never-completed map. Not quite exactly the same as in DX but similar anyway.

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/GmanPro/hellskitchen.jpg?t=1226555651
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/GmanPro/hellskitchen2.jpg?t=1226555676
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/GmanPro/hellskitchen3.jpg?t=1226555693
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/GmanPro/hellskitchen4.jpg?t=1226555709

AaronJ
13th Nov 2008, 15:57
I think all of us old mappers with these giant unfinished map projects should band together and finish them all.

I for one never finished my Tonnochi City project. Although I've moved away from DXMP long ago, I occasionally will pop-in and work on a few buildings.

*sigh* Those were the days...

But, on topic now, I had a dream that DX3 was released (as a sequel of course), and for the most part, it looked like the prequel does now, save for a few smooth Omar-like inventions (like in the trailer).

Torley
15th Nov 2008, 17:44
I've dreamed of the DXverse a lot. Cyberpunk has always figured as a strong stylistic inspiration in my background, and DX's immersive environments have contributed greatly to its prominence in my mind.

I imagined continuations of existing levels... like what Hong Kong would be as a full city, writ large like Grand Theft Auto. Some other games have attracted me aesthetically like Mirror's Edge, but DX's is still my fave.

I used to hope and pine for a DX MMO, and when I was asleep, I imagined what it was like — better than Matrix Online, I can tell you that!

I was so happy to hear when DX3 was announced, and even happier now that details are unfolding on this very forum.

zauxz
16th Nov 2008, 09:28
In my deus ex dream, i killed an omar with 2 SMG's. It was a good dream. Hate those overbiomodified things.

No offense MrsP :D :whistle:

DXeXodus
17th Nov 2008, 04:08
Don't worry. I'll protect you. I hate the OMAR too. :rasp:

Vincent Lafayette
17th Nov 2008, 11:09
Have any of you ever dreamed about Deus Ex or Deus Ex: Invisible War?

When I dream of deus ex, I dream, I'd be kind of a freelancer to burglarise in company buildings like Monsanto and burn all collections of formulae for bioengineered maize in order to defend conventional agriculture from ceasing. I'd also like to enter a room of neocons PNAC thinktanks (thank you, Mister Bush) with grenades and an assault gun to prevent them from endangering the world especially europe and asia with their russian politics and the "missile defense shield" in Poland and the Czech republic. Well. :D

I loved both games, but as most people do, I prefer the first one. The world seemed to be much larger in deus ex and it was great, when I stumbled over 30.06 Ammo for my sniper rifle.
In invisible war I loved the music from kidneythieves and NG Resonance.

Maybe the number of augmentations in deus ex 3 will be more balanced. In the first game I found some upgrades, but not enough to push any augmentations up to the hightest level. In invisible war I could nearly have played the game twice with located canisters....

I'm afraid that roleplay will not be the same. And I would have liked to sneak around enemies in shadows again. I hope that we will have more space in the inventory. And it would be a great thing, if the game would have worldwide scenes in Hongkong, France, Germany in it again.

I'm looking forward to playing the game and I'm looking forward to learn about how it all started.

Greetings from germany
Vincent Lafayette

rhalibus
20th Nov 2008, 16:45
I had a dream I was walking on the shore of the Ocean Lab level, with all my friends, showing them all how realistic and immersive the game was...sort of a meta-play experience...:)

spm1138
20th Nov 2008, 18:00
I had a dream where I was in a spy movie last night.

I was driving around in a black rolls with an ewar suite like an AWACS aircraft doing spooky spy stuff.

It didn't get to my themetune before I woke up. I'm sure it would have been totally badass :(

jdzero
21st Nov 2008, 13:07
( Removing past angry post with something better )

I'm not sure I've ever dreamed of anything for DX. I have 'day dreamed' about it, and the possibilities for it. If that counts for anything. <.<

Jerion
21st Nov 2008, 13:34
^^^

Wow. That's depressing.

WTO SpecOp #1136
28th Nov 2008, 18:49
I remember one night I was playing way too much DX2 :D then when I went to bed I had a dream of running through a neon ally way and talking to another agent looking person. I think that was the only dream I had of the game.:scratch:

AdamJensen
29th Nov 2008, 15:17
I had a nightmare where I was the main character in a very Deus Ex-y game. While I loved the world and all the NPCs, it was a nightmare because I felt that I was being fully controlled by someone else! It was kinda like I had no free will :(

Imagine how horrible it would feel if someone forces you to make the same mistake over and over again which would end up in your death.

:(

gamer0004
29th Nov 2008, 17:42
I had a nightmare where I was the main character in a very Deus Ex-y game. While I loved the world and all the NPCs, it was a nightmare because I felt that I was being fully controlled by someone else! It was kinda like I had no free will :(

Imagine how horrible it would feel if someone forces you to make the same mistake over and over again which would end up in your death.

:(

When I was around 7 years old I often dreamed of climbing onto the roof and jumping from it, over and over again while it totally scared the crap out of me... Not nice...

Doom972
30th Nov 2008, 19:19
I recently had a dream about DX3:
I dreamt that I was actually in the game, though I had the DX2 HUD (the one from the earlier shots that resembled the DX1 PC version).
I was sneaking around in some bunker and found a room full of enemies.
As I prepared for combat I equipped a protective vest in a strange manner - I took this cube thing, pressed it against my chest, and then it wrapped itself around my torso. I equipped a DX2 style rocket launcher (to see into the room and dispose of some enemies inside) and then I woke up...