PDA

View Full Version : Invalid instruction

katjad
8th Nov 2008, 20:31
My Kerio-Firewall stops the demo with the message:

Invalid instruction at 0x011FBC90 (translated from german)

When i disable the firewall the task hangs with 50% CPU usage - no icon, no window no dialog.
Any suggestions to trak the problem ?
Thanks

rg_001100
8th Nov 2008, 23:59
What are your computer stats? (post DX Diag),

katjad
15th Nov 2008, 22:33
The firewall did not terminate completely after starting the game. It still hung in the background and disabled the game.

After installing a more-new driver the game didn't stop at the title screen.

Now with the lowest settings i can play the game at the speed of a snail. I could play Anniversary with the highest settings. So now the result with the new game is very disapointing, even the option dialogs are very slow.

P.S. i don't see the point to fill the forum with these huge DX-Diag logs as a first measure.

katjad
15th Nov 2008, 22:59
At this moment i did the "can you run it" test. The test placed my pc about one third over the minimum limit.

Is the test wrong ?
Is my pc wrong ?
Will the final requirements be lower than these of the demo ?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

bingojubes
15th Nov 2008, 23:06
the DXDiag file just gives everyone an idea on how your computer is setup. things such as current video drivers, operating system version, and other aspects of your computer are shown there. no personal information is given out.

since you are 1/3 over the minimum, how about the recommended req's? good chance that the retail game will be much like the demo as far as requirements. if you meet the minimum, the game will run as such. you probably are in between, so the overall game experience may reflect that.

katjad
15th Nov 2008, 23:22
So you will say that the test is wrong ?

When i play with 640x480 resolution and all features shut off, i have a framerate of about 2 frames per second.

I wouldn't describe that as minimum ...

bingojubes
16th Nov 2008, 02:15
but that is why we would like to see the DXDiag report. it would allow us to try to help see where the problem might be. you could say , "yeah it runs fast" and we would i guess believe you, but the DXDiag report clears up alot of speculation, and helps us help you.

all the app does is look at your current system and runs a checklist , and scores it. you could also maybe take a screenshot of the SystemLabs results after its gone and analyzed your PC.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/guildie001/Snap2-2.jpg

or even (for vista users)...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/guildie001/Snap1-1.jpg