PDA

View Full Version : TombRaider.com: Would you like to see a new Tomb Raider movie?

Treeble
7th Nov 2008, 16:12
There's a new poll on the official Tomb Raider website. Could it be a possible hint for what's to come? :D

http://www.tombraider.com/

Would you like to see a new Tomb Raider movie?
Not if Angelina Jolie plays Lara
No thanks. It should just be a game.
Yes!
Yes only if Angelina Jolie plays Lara

I've voted "yes!", of course. ;) I don't mind if they replace the lead actress because let's face it, Angelina is very unlikely to do a part as "silly" as Lara Croft again (like she said in a recent interview). She fit the bill, yes, but I'm sure many other actresses could pull it off so long the fanbase wouldn't be so close minded about it.

Me wants Kate Beckinsale as the new Lara Croft for possible future movies. :cool: :cool:

CrisGer
7th Nov 2008, 16:18
I agree, Jolie is no actress nor ever has been, she slipped under the radar because of a combo of appearance and a well organized publicity campaign, i hope for them to find a worthy Lara. A new movie would be great as long as they integrate it with the games series. :)

_Tomb_Raider_
7th Nov 2008, 16:20
Thank! i vote yes!

ski2bbad
7th Nov 2008, 16:28
Me wants Kate Beckinsale as the new Lara Croft for possible future movies. :cool: :cool:

I SECOND that . . . . . Kate would do a superb job IMHO

rg_001100
7th Nov 2008, 16:37
Nope. TR should just be a game.
It would be very hard for a movie to capture what fans love so much about TR, the exploration and puzzle solving, just because there's zero-interectivity in a movie. It would be like watching your mate play TR, minus the fun of watching your mate play TR.

MissCroft88
7th Nov 2008, 16:45
Yes!:D

Gr8guy
7th Nov 2008, 16:52
OMG treeble, you right, Kate Beckinsale is perfect for Lara croft.

Angelina aint bad, its just that she brings her own elements into the charachter, and she needs to wear brown contacts.

Cosmasia
7th Nov 2008, 16:56
I'd love another Tomb Raider movie as long as it's more archæology/adventure/puzzle esque than the second one was.

However I only want Angelina Jolie to be Lara.
She is the actress version of Lara Croft and if she isn't chosen for the next possible movie, it would at best seriously disappoint me and at worst it would put me off the movie completely.

It's like giving Brendan a new wife in the third Mummy movie. :scratch:
It just doesn't work for me.

So yes if it's Angelina

edit: Completely disagree that Kate Beckinsale could ever be a good Lara. But I think my post already "kinda" hinted at the fact that I only want Angelina for the movies xD

_Love2Raid_
7th Nov 2008, 17:45
No thanks. They don't add anything special imo, sorry. ;)

Black.Heart
7th Nov 2008, 18:11
I've voted "Yes!" of course :) It would be nice to see another Tomb Raider movie, but I hope they'll fix Angelina Jolie's eyes because in the first and second movie she had blue eyes but Lara has brown eyes!

LunderworldC
7th Nov 2008, 18:35
Look at this:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3522.html

I say YES,YES,YES!!! :D
I'd love another TR movie,with Jolie.

JustMe
7th Nov 2008, 18:42
Only if Jolie plays Lara

BoA911
7th Nov 2008, 18:52
I love Angelina Jolie but the only way for there to be a new tomb raider movie is if they change her and put Rhona Mitra. She is always going to be my favorite tomb raider model and that movie she just came out in doomsday was soo hot!!! She looked like tombraider in that with the close and all just not the hair. So only if Rhona is in it!

LC is Me
7th Nov 2008, 19:01
The only way I'd want another movie is if:

a) They actually based it off one of the games (not some totally irrelevant to Lara's adventures)

b) didn't change the characters (Hilary and Bryce?! What?)
c) found a better Lara

If none of those things can be done, I don't want another TR movie to come out. They masde the movies look cheesy.
:lol:

Rexie
7th Nov 2008, 19:17
Not if Shangelina plays Lara. I can't stand her. She looks like 50, and doesin't look like Lara at all.

qwerty
7th Nov 2008, 20:12
only if angelina plays the role.if they change it wont be a tr movie for me without angie(and lets face it that kate girly may look a bit like lara but she had a hel* of underworlds -if u know what i mean;) -and her fame and skill(theatrical) is nowhere near to angies and if u ask me she played the role exelently and that made her who she is today,,)

Spong
7th Nov 2008, 22:06
That was a new poll was it? I hardly ever go to Tombraider.com, I only went there today because Tombraiderunderworld.com kept redirecting me (:mad:). When I saw that poll I assumed it'd been there forever.

But I voted "Yes only if Angelina Jolie plays Lara".

Treeble
7th Nov 2008, 22:27
Yup, I think the previous poll was about which of the announced levels you were looking forward to the most. Might be wrong though. :scratch:

Bampire
8th Nov 2008, 06:10
I agree, Jolie is no actress nor ever has been, she slipped under the radar because of a combo of appearance and a well organized publicity campaign, i hope for them to find a worthy Lara. A new movie would be great as long as they integrate it with the games series. :)

I like Angelina, but not a whole lot. I personally think she didn't make a fantastic Lara. So in a way I do agree with you.

We need another actress that looks more like Lara, who sounds British--or can pull off a better accent. Also, a woman who can pull off a better Lara, in general.

Rachie
8th Nov 2008, 06:23
Yes of course! We need to spread the word to future TR lovers out there. :D

lara778
8th Nov 2008, 06:36
I liked Angelina as Lara,
but how about Claudia Black from Farscape and Stargate Ark of Truth?

-Roli-
9th Nov 2008, 10:05
Wooooooow its a new hint about the movie! I get shock! :lmao:
The best news in this moment :)

I voted for the Yes only if Angelina Jolie plays Lara :)

Kami
9th Nov 2008, 11:42
If there is one, I'd watch it. But I dont want it THAT bad. i prefer more quality games without tr movies making tr's fame bad

TDK
11th Nov 2008, 03:10
some ppl are rele crazy here they say tht angelina is not gd :mad2: Oh god :mad2:
any way angelina is a great actres and i dnt mind to see another TR film, ppl talked about this many times but seems there is no intrest in making another TR film, well lets hopw tht we will see one soon and Kate is ok to be lara.

MissJess
11th Nov 2008, 17:46
No more movies! :( :mad:

Jurre
11th Nov 2008, 17:52
I'm torn between 'No thanks' and 'Not if'...

Not that it matters really, since an overwhelming crowd seems to want AJ again... Oh, bother... I wish they'd choose for a totaly unknown actress & cast. That gives young talented actors also a chance instead of those totally overhyped Hollywood gods.

monkeyboy85
11th Nov 2008, 18:46
I would definately like to see a new tomb raider film, if only to undo the damage from tomb raider:cradle of life. I thaught the first tomb raider film was sublime, it had a great vibe to it, ive watched it at least 8 times over the years! i thaught angelia has aquired a few problems with the part, in the respect that i believe the success of the role and her newly aquired (gorgeous) pysique because of training for the part went to her head quite a bit and she forgot how to be the lara croft from the first film. she overdid the english accent in the second film in certain parts while it had alot of charm in the first film. Also as someone else said about her eye colour, she actually did have brown eyes in the first film (via contacts) like lara, i dont know why they forgot that in the second film, kind of a dumb mistake and a good example of the production team or whoever not taking it quite as seriously as the team on the first film. I think angelina should come back for another, but we need good old Simon west!!!! and definately no more jan de bont!!!!!>>>:mad2: