PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations: Pacific Trailer 2 Discussion

chip5541
7th Nov 2008, 13:34
From the G4 website

Then, tomorrow night X-Play will premiere an exclusive second trailer for Eidos' action/real-time tactics hybrid sequel with English voice-overs and new footage. You can catch the completely new trailer on tomorrow's X-Play at 8PM ET.

dark_angel_7
7th Nov 2008, 16:50
Cool! Though I doubt we'll get any major advertising until Eidos' Xmas line-up is out (TR: Underworld, Monster Lab & Shellshock 2).

SuperE
7th Nov 2008, 19:51
Sad thing is I think it will be a 28 minutes on Gears of War 2 then a 2 mintue spot on Battlestations after it.

the trailer was nice I saw what looked like the Arizona and paratroopers

The xbox 360 didn't last very long :(
The PS3 was the strongest:eek:

Jack459
8th Nov 2008, 00:08
Wow all CGI and no gamplay footage whatsoever. Im rather disappointed.

chip5541
8th Nov 2008, 00:51
It looks like it was all in game cut scenes although I would have to rewatch to make sure.

Red October
8th Nov 2008, 03:24
I saw some promiss in the video.

Polarshark
8th Nov 2008, 04:00
http://www.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/27083/Floor_Report_Battlestations_Pacific.html

here go on this website

click on related videos

and click on english trailer

com345
8th Nov 2008, 08:46
It looks like it was all in game cut scenes although I would have to rewatch to make sure.

im quite sure it all was cutscenes!

dark_angel_7
8th Nov 2008, 09:25
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=201335

CVG will have the trailer Monday 8am

Polarshark
8th Nov 2008, 14:29
oh yeah paratroopers

and millions of marines landing:D (just what i like to see)

i wonder if we control radiostations,fortressses and AA platforms on land

by the way chip good job on informing us

i look forward to see the latest news on these forums

raston
8th Nov 2008, 15:15
oh yeah paratroopers

and millions of marines landing:D (just what i like to see)

i wonder if we control radiostations,fortressses and AA platforms on land

by the way chip good job on informing us

i look forward to see the latest news on these forums

No,not millions,just a few marines,and you can "man"some of the A.A sites on land.

Polarshark
8th Nov 2008, 17:09
when i use the term 'millions'i mean like A LOT

cause these days it's just like a 5 man team of rangers doing a mission in iraq these days

and that aint fun

i prefer WW2 when events like D-day occur.

by the way chip any ideas what news we'll get in november?

LORD BLACKFIRE
9th Nov 2008, 03:02
Ugh. The next trailer will have to be game play. I saw more gameplay vids of Halo Wars months ago and it's due out around the same time.

Hopefully they'll start putting up some gameplay vids on the Xbox Market Place soon.

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 03:05
we definitely need either more news or more gameplay videos with different units ( we don't care about the corsair or zero anymore)

SuperE
9th Nov 2008, 04:29
Dude they did show new units and some many have been asking for.

japfighter
9th Nov 2008, 05:28
if those will be the cutscenes then that would awsome

F4F
9th Nov 2008, 16:00
awnesome trailer:thumbsup:

c 47 with parachutes divisions, f4u's, northampton...

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 16:02
did the japs have any paratroopers?

It3llig3nc3
9th Nov 2008, 16:19
Nice trailer, however does not really say a lot about the game. It looks like the "Hollywood style" cinematic spot instead of offering some insights or features as how the game is really played.

Well since we're still 4-5 months apart from the possible(?) release date it's OK like this...

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 17:05
did the japs have any paratroopers?

Yah i think they used them to take over china

F4F
10th Nov 2008, 09:30
Which plane did the japanese use for paratroopers?

extremeBismarck
10th Nov 2008, 16:32
What do you think?
What is ship, what is sunk by a torpedo, is that?
I would say, that it is a Northampton-Class. I had never seen an amarican or japanese heavy cruiser or a battleship with 2x3-guns before.
:scratch:

Jack459
10th Nov 2008, 19:41
Which plane did the japanese use for paratroopers?

Im not sure, but i believe it was a version on the C-47.

F4F
11th Nov 2008, 09:28
Japanese paratroopers with a Dakota???

I'm not sure

Polarshark
13th Nov 2008, 02:44
pretty sure japs don't have paratroopers

Arrow
13th Nov 2008, 03:29
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

After doing some research on Google, Japan DID have paratroopers. Predictably, they used pretty much any kind of large aircraft - Nells, Betties, and even Emilies (the flying boats from Strike on Tulagi; is it just me, or do the Japanese like using tried and true planes over newer ones? They did rely on the Zero WAAY more than they should have...).

Japanese Marine Paratroopers of WW2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_marine_paratroopers_of_World_War_II)

crazyhorse128
16th Nov 2008, 16:12
Polarshark, please dont use the term 'jap' I'm begining to find it quite offensive, not that Im japenese, its just i'm not a fan of racial slurs :thumbsup:

But did anyone else find the over-commentary a little bit cheesy?

Arrow
16th Nov 2008, 16:54
Polarshark, please dont use the term 'jap' I'm begining to find it quite offensive, not that Im japenese, its just i'm not a fan of racial slurs :thumbsup:

I honestly agree. Normally I'm not a fan of word filters, but maybe they should put one in for 'Jap' and simply replace it with 'Japanese'. A lot of people referred to the 'Jap airfield' and whatnot, simply because it's faster to type 'Jap' instead of 'Japanese', but...y'know.

chip5541
16th Nov 2008, 16:55

It has been brought it to my attention only once before. Just as the word Aussie, Yank or Brit it would really depend on the context of the conversation. I will keep this in mind and watch the word usage. As of right now I have not seen the term Jap used in any derogatory way. If I find that people are being offended by the term "Jap" then I will take some further steps.

chip5541
16th Nov 2008, 16:58
Normally I'm not a fan of word filters, but maybe they should put one in for 'Jap' and simply replace it with 'Japanese'.

Since it is the first 3 letters of the larger word I would think it would cause problems translating.

Arrow
16th Nov 2008, 22:43
Since it is the first 3 letters of the larger word I would think it would cause problems translating.

I don't think so. I can make a program in GML or in Visual Basic that can determine whether or not a string says "Jap" or "Japanese", I'm sure of it.

Polarshark
17th Nov 2008, 03:34
i'm just lazy to type the full word

lots of people are

in my opinion, it's just a short term word for several people

(ie.yankees,tommies,jerry,ivan, etc u get the point)

by the way chip got any info on the time on MNM?

it'll be nice to have like the last multiplayer game on BSM before BSP comes

oh yeah like i mentioned on the other forum (bad word blocker)

i'm a kid and i've learned bad stuffs from angry teammates

chip5541
17th Nov 2008, 06:20
I don't think so. I can make a program in GML or in Visual Basic that can determine whether or not a string says "Jap" or "Japanese", I'm sure of it.

I will suggest it to teh forum admin.

by the way chip got any info on the time on MNM?

Not yet. There should be something soon.

LORD BLACKFIRE
18th Nov 2008, 00:20

But did anyone else find the over-commentary a little bit cheesy?

Ugh. "Please respect my newly heightened sensitivity and evolved status or else I must thump my chest at thee." :rasp:

Let's go ahead and ban Nazi, Fritz, Jerry, Kraut, etc. from WW2 games and forum commentary. :nut:

Please keep things in context as well as perspective. :thumbsup:

But, while we're at it, I'm offended by the term "barbarian". The term was coined by one of history's most supremacist thinking civilizations - the Greeks - to refer to non-Greeks. Later it was applied more narrowly to northern Europeans, particularly various Germanic tribes bordering Greek and Roman civilizations. It is a pejorative term implying a primative and inferior nature. As a descendant of those noble and mischaracterized peoples, I object to, and am offended by, its continued use in modern langauge. :rolleyes:

battleshipman
18th Nov 2008, 00:53
Ugh. "Please respect my newly heightened sensitivity and evolved status or else I must thump my chest at thee." :rasp:

Let's go ahead and ban Nazi, Fritz, Jerry, Kraut, etc. from WW2 games and forum commentary. :nut:

Please keep things in context as well as perspective. :thumbsup:

But, while we're at it, I'm offended by the term "barbarian". The term was coined by one of history's most supremacist thinking civilizations - the Greeks - to refer to non-Greeks. Later it was applied more narrowly to northern Europeans, particularly various Germanic tribes bordering Greek and Roman civilizations. It is a pejorative term implying a primative and inferior nature. As a descendant of those noble and mischaracterized peoples, I object to, and am offended by, its continued use in modern langauge. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

David603
18th Nov 2008, 13:48
Japanese paratroopers with a Dakota???

I'm not sure
The Japanese aquired a license to build DC3s prior to their entry into WWII, and built around 500 as the Showa L2D. They were used quite widely in the early stages of the war in the Pacific for paratroops.

Polarshark
18th Nov 2008, 20:57
no wonder why countries these days have the same vehicles/planes

(ie. humvee, P40-warhawk and etc/)

evilfantasy
27th Nov 2009, 05:39
Michael Jackson is immortal! What do you think ?

huaqiang.yin@gmail.com