PDA

View Full Version : Need information related to graphics setings

mohaymens
7th Nov 2008, 06:21
Just wanted to know whats the function of "Tripple Buffer". Like what difference does it make if I enable/disable this function? Also wanted to know those who own a high end machine (dual/quad core processor, 2gb/+ ram, DirectX 10 compatible graphics card with 512 or more). What settings do u guys have on the setup screen. What I am saying here is my card is really old infact my whole system. Its a 3.0 Ghz Pentium IV with HT, 2 GB DDR Ram running in Dual channel, 512 MB DDR2 ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP. So May be by default I might not have all the highest settings available on the setting window, so I just wanted to compare with guys who own a High end system. Currently I am running the game at 1024 by 768 Rez (I got a 17 inch CRT so this rez is ideal), 75 Refresh rate, Texture detail High, 2x AA, 2x AF, and remaining boxes are all tick marked. I can play this game with highly playable framerate with occational drops but really minor.

pleomax
7th Nov 2008, 17:23
I play at 1680*1050 because my monitor is a Dell 20" ultrasharp widescreen.

Max details and 2AA (this is ok because at such a high rez the pixals are very small anyway). With a minimum frame rate of 40fps it's fine.

If i had the money i would love to play tombraider at 2560x1600, i bet it would look fantastic but the horsepower it would require ohhhhh.