PDA

View Full Version : Sniping

spm1138
6th Nov 2008, 19:37
So one positive thing about a "cover" system be it for sneaking or for shooting is it in theory means the code is there for interacting with objects.

Is there any chance of being able to shoot with the weapon braced or resting on an object this time around?

Like with a bipod (http://www.golmatic.de/bilder/bilder_waffen/BS-Sniper-01-03.jpg)or something?

Obviously this isn't necessary if the shake-o-aim isn't back but if it is it'd be a nice option.

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 19:46
Setting up a sniper position on a rooftop sounds like fun to me...:thumbsup:

It could make your aim steady and more accurate or something like that.

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 20:58
It would neat if you had that option but very redundant since, so far, your aim depends on how good you are with a mouse or joystick. But again yes that would be cool:cool:.

Lazarus Ledd
7th Nov 2008, 13:19
It would neat if you had that option but very redundant since, so far, your aim depends on how good you are with a mouse or joystick. But again yes that would be cool:cool:.

I'd like real time bullet trajectory physics like in the game Sniper =))

Yargo
7th Nov 2008, 14:26
I think STALKER had some bullet physics the bullet would drop and veer right or left based on wind. COD4 also had their one time bullet physics moment.

LeatherJacket
7th Nov 2008, 15:30
I thought the physics in Wanted was ... fun!
Here's to the railgun where you can... curve the trajectory :nut:

I'd love some nice sniper shots from the rooftops and yes atleast effects of gravity and wind would be interesting since this time we don't have skill based accuracy.

Romeo
7th Nov 2008, 16:25
I think STALKER had some bullet physics the bullet would drop and veer right or left based on wind. COD4 also had their one time bullet physics moment.
The CoD4 one was slightly (read: exceptionally) over the top though. No bullet curves THAT much in a hundred yards. Unless you strapped a parachute to it.

Yargo
7th Nov 2008, 16:36
The CoD4 one was slightly (read: exceptionally) over the top though. No bullet curves THAT much in a hundred yards. Unless you strapped a parachute to it.

Could have been hurricane season in Russia :scratch:

Voltaire
7th Nov 2008, 17:38
bullet fun in dx1 was pretty advanced for it's time. if you shot a wall, you left a denton it, knocked a chip out of it, and the bullet fell to the floor. pretty cool i always thought.

GmanPro
7th Nov 2008, 21:39
if you shot a wall, you left a denton it,

denton? lol did you do that on purpose?