PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum press release.

Pages : [1] 2

Keir
6th Nov 2008, 15:29
Welcome to the official Batman: Arkham Asylum forum. Make yourselves at home and discuss one of the most hotly anticipated titles of 2009. Keep and eye on the forum for all the latest and exclusive news over the coming months, in the meanwhile, here's the press release:

Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Comics announce Batman: Arkham Asylum a dark, action packed videogame adventure for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows in 2009.

In Batman: Arkham Asylum, developed by Rocksteady Studios, the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics’ detective to life with stunning graphics.

“In Batman: Arkham Asylum Eidos and Warner Bros. are building a true action adventure game experience worthy of gamers and fans,” said Phil Rogers, CEO of Eidos Interactive. “Players become Batman, like he has never been seen before in a video game, as he fights through intense circumstances in Arkham Asylum utilizing his intuitive detective skills and aggressive melee attacks.”

“Batman: Arkham Asylum offers players the chance to battle Gotham’s worst villains with Batman’s physical and psychological strength in a graphically distinct and story-driven game,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with Eidos on expanding DC Comics’ world-renowned character Batman in the game space with a noticeably different feature set in an incredibly dark interactive environment.”

NightRain'06
6th Nov 2008, 17:52
I hope it's okay that I replied.

I am extremely ecstatic to definitely have and play this game. I've seen the screenshots from the other thread in ECC and I was amazed ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As I said that thread, Batman was and will always be my favorite animated character [ more than Superman. LOL ] since watching Tim Burton's first and second films years ago. Then in the 90's when Batman: The Animated Series TV show aired as part of weekday afternoon children's show lineup, I religiously watched it as well.

The last great Batman game I played was The Adventures of Batman and Robin [ unrelated to the film ] on Sega Genesis.

By the way, I like the banner.

The_Hylden
6th Nov 2008, 18:57
Yes! Can't wait for this game:) I agree with pretty much everything NightRain just said, except the Genesis game as I've never played that. Ha, but yeah, since the 90's movies, even before then with comics and the old Adam West show, I grew up loving Batman and this looks like it's going to offer up the best to us yet. First, the grand The Dark Night wows me in theaters, then Eidos announces this beauty. It's a Batman kinda era here, it seams.

I am very glad that such talent has been brought together to write and produce artwork for this game. It's the best of the comics, TV series, worlds coming together. I hope that they can bring together possibly the great voice cast from Batman: The Animated Series, as that would round it completely for talent, imo. Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamill as Joker, Richard Moll as Harvey Dent, etc., etc.

Anyway, great looking forum also. Talk about dark and gritty;) I look forward to the news and discussions here.

Singstar90210
6th Nov 2008, 20:03
Hmm... never played a Batman game before. Sounds nice! I enjoyed the Dark Knight movie. I hope the game will be as epic as that! :D

chip5541
6th Nov 2008, 20:20
All that I can think of is ROCK ON! :D

That and I love the blue!!

Linikratyo
6th Nov 2008, 21:26
Is there already a date given for the release??? :rolleyes:

chip5541
6th Nov 2008, 23:31
Right now it is TBA 2009

NightRain'06
9th Nov 2008, 02:57
Well, according to GameStop, they already are estimating, unofficially, August 2009 as the possible release date. So maybe around next summer ? It is subject to change obviously.

But, then again, personally Eidos has a great record of KEEPING DATES. For example, our beloved TR series. ;) Thank you Eidos for, as far as I know, not playing the "Delay Release Dates Game" unlike other companies.
[ Applauds ]

The_Hylden
15th Nov 2008, 00:58
That can be both good and bad. If it hurts the final product by not giving developers an extension, then it's not a good thing. Personally, I don't care if a game has to be delayed, as long as it's to make the game that much better and complete.

Romeo
16th Nov 2008, 07:37
Gnarley concecpt. But even cooler is the blue-hued reply boxes. How comes the Deus Ex forums don't have something cool like that? lol

Blak Puddn
23rd Nov 2008, 19:54
Right now it is TBA 2009

Release date per Gamestop is 6/1/2009

LOK_Raziel
24th Nov 2008, 06:07
BATMAN! KOOL! Kant Wait 4 It! :d

imchrisru
25th Nov 2008, 18:21
I am very glad that such talent has been brought together to write and produce artwork for this game. It's the best of the comics, TV series, worlds coming together. I hope that they can bring together possibly the great voice cast from Batman: The Animated Series, as that would round it completely for talent, imo. Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamill as Joker, Richard Moll as Harvey Dent, etc., etc.

I thought it was already announced that Conroy and Hamill will be reprising their roles? Right?

XxDiabloXx
26th Nov 2008, 21:32
does anyone kno wen dis game comes out?if so plz reply bak or message me on aim, knightdemon22, dats it

Moviefone
30th Nov 2008, 08:45
I thought it was already announced that Conroy and Hamill will be reprising their roles? Right?

I'm not sure of Conroy but you can distinctly hear Hamill's Joker near the end of the teaser trailer that was recently released. With respect to Heath Ledger, Hamill's laugh is the Joker, and his involvement in this project is encouraging.

infernalguardian
1st Dec 2008, 20:34
this game looks amazing wait no this game is gnna be amazing

imbatman08
1st Dec 2008, 21:57
HOW LONG WILL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS GAME !!! :eek: :( .. Its goin be like waiting for TDK all over again !! I Know its goin be worth it cause this game just look AMAZING !! but it is goin to be hard for the fans to wait dont you think ?:(

Gotham_Knight
6th Dec 2008, 02:49
I'm not sure of Conroy but you can distinctly hear Hamill's Joker near the end of the teaser trailer that was recently released. With respect to Heath Ledger, Hamill's laugh is the Joker, and his involvement in this project is encouraging.

Heath is Christopher Nolan's Joker, Mark Hamill is well the comic Joker...

gemagocards
8th Dec 2008, 21:51
cant wait:)

ButterMan
9th Dec 2008, 16:44
Just read throught 360 gamer, Hammil is playing the voice of Joker, im not sure whos playing the voice for Batman though.

Anyway, I cant wait for this game, its gunna be awesome! 360Gamer also had new screenshots of the game, which look amazing. Reminded me of Chronicles of Ridd-ick game and Condemned, (Graphics wise).

But finally, a good looking Batman game at last! I wonder which villains will appear. I seen a screenshot of Killer Croc and Joker so far, hopefully we'll see Mad Hatter, Bane, Freeze etc...

D3sOuL
9th Dec 2008, 19:22
this game is gonna be sick! cant wait

zurc136
9th Dec 2008, 22:16
Just read throught 360 gamer, Hammil is playing the voice of Joker, im not sure whos playing the voice for Batman though.

Anyway, I cant wait for this game, its gunna be awesome! 360Gamer also had new screenshots of the game, which look amazing. Reminded me of Chronicles of Ridd-ick game and Condemned, (Graphics wise).

But finally, a good looking Batman game at last! I wonder which villains will appear. I seen a screenshot of Killer Croc and Joker so far, hopefully we'll see Mad Hatter, Bane, Freeze etc...

The Villains So Far... (from wikipedia, so could be inaccurate. We will have to wait and see i guess)
-The Joker
-Killer Croc
-Poison Ivy
-The Scarecrow
-Mr. Freeze
-Bane
-The Riddler
-Harley Quinn
-The Penguin
-Zsasz
-And maybe Two-face

also appearances from Commissioner Gordon and Batgirl/Oracle

DarkBatman
9th Dec 2008, 22:37
this game is going to be off the hook. i also heard from imdb that Mark Hamell and Kevin Conroy are doing the voices as The Joker and Batman. is that a definate?

ButterMan
10th Dec 2008, 18:03
The Villains So Far... (from wikipedia, so could be inaccurate. We will have to wait and see i guess)
-The Joker
-Killer Croc
-Poison Ivy
-The Scarecrow
-Mr. Freeze
-Bane
-The Riddler
-Harley Quinn
-The Penguin
-Zsasz
-And maybe Two-face

also appearances from Commissioner Gordon and Batgirl/Oracle

I dont normally trust wiki but that list looks great if its true, now im only hopeing for Mad Hatter. And to DarkBatman, Mark Hammil was confirmed in 360Gamer, search google for it :thumbsup:

DarkBatman
10th Dec 2008, 19:24
I dont normally trust wiki but that list looks great if its true, now im only hopeing for Mad Hatter. And to DarkBatman, Mark Hammil was confirmed in 360Gamer, search google for it :thumbsup:

thanks Butterman, I'll check that out.

ElizarSEntertainment
12th Dec 2008, 03:22
So sad because ireally want to play Batman Games but there is only one PC Game batman and its Batman Vengeance only is this game also for the PC Windows ohh i hope!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

frz
15th Dec 2008, 15:18
Platforms For Ps2 Or Psp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

tupinga
16th Dec 2008, 23:05
does anybody knows if this game comes with two player companion ?:wave:

Schiff, Thomas
19th Dec 2008, 03:10
oh man I can't wait for this game to come out.... I'm phsyched

AlfredIsCool
21st Dec 2008, 18:44
I really do hope that The Penguin is in this. He is my favorite Batman Villian.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bathead
29th Dec 2008, 19:49
Latest on Gamestop says 5/1/09

door noob
29th Dec 2008, 21:22

you mean the release date?!?!?!?!?

Zsasz
2nd Jan 2009, 00:31

As in January 5th or 1st of May?

door noob
2nd Jan 2009, 01:14
As in January 5th or 1st of May?

1st of may I went on gamespot and and checked it out:D

AlfredIsCool
9th Jan 2009, 00:59
Is this going to be on PS3?

rebeldrummer
9th Jan 2009, 01:09
yes

wolfbane
24th Jan 2009, 05:49

I really don't think that Batman: Arkham Asylum is going to have two player. I thinking it's only single player.

ahutch22
26th Jan 2009, 21:32
It's all good and all, but when are we gonna get a release date? Or at least the month it comes out in! Though I did hear it was still in months of development. Could that mean a fall release date? Please reply, if any of you know, that is.

HystericFreak
27th Jan 2009, 22:10
No-one really knows for certain, though there is speculation for a May release. Still, we've heard nothing official from Eidos so it's probably best not to hold your breath for May.

noctis
1st Feb 2009, 15:08
if the releasedates are right B: AA would come out 06/01/09

http://games.fok.nl/phpThumb.php?src=1233476397.6371.jpg&w=&h=&wmf=watermark.gif

KINGEE 09
5th Feb 2009, 03:35
I love everything batman and cant wait for it to come out.

Any sight of a playable demo soon.

I play 360

thewrongvine
13th Feb 2009, 01:52
Aw, June? I wish it came out sooner.

I can exchange for a free game since I'm returning one of my broken games (LotR: Conquest sadly :() and I would exchange for Arkham Asylum... but it doesn't come out yet.

Is there anyway to pre-order it? Haha, or reserve the game for full price? :) Awesome game!

CrashxUae
13th Feb 2009, 14:50
I think it will release in march on europe and april on america ...

maby its right becuase there is many stores in europe said it will release in march .

CrashxUae
13th Feb 2009, 14:51
I cant wait for it , is there any demo coming out soon .

HA HA HA
19th Feb 2009, 19:32
Veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy unlikely.

TheDarkestKnight
23rd Feb 2009, 04:55
:lol: its 4 a fact 5/1/09
if the releasedates are right B: AA would come out 06/01/09

http://games.fok.nl/phpThumb.php?src=1233476397.6371.jpg&w=&h=&wmf=watermark.gif

Vitter
3rd Mar 2009, 00:50
nothing at wondercon huh..

Termix
7th Mar 2009, 14:36
Eidos = mostly great games
Rocksteady = Urban Chaos = One of the best 3rd-Person Games

Really looking forward to buy this Game, hopefully Batman Fans won't be disappointed again.
And i hope they manage to get a good Keyboard + Mouse Control, i dislike playing with gamepads.

The Joker 1
8th Mar 2009, 02:16
I reserved the game today and the employees said that the Game will be released in
June 9 of 2009:nut: :D :D :D I can't wait to have it. I can't wait to hear Mark Hamill doing the Great voice of The Joker.

I CAN´T WAIT TO PLAY IT HA,HA,HA,HA,HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D

The Joker 1
8th Mar 2009, 02:18
remember JUNE 9 OF 2009

Why So Serious ?
15th Mar 2009, 00:55
I really do hope that The Penguin is in this. He is my favorite Batman Villian.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The only way i would like Penguin in this is if he has all 5 fingers and not that tim burton crap.

Revanchist
15th Mar 2009, 13:23
The only way i would like Penguin in this is if he has all 5 fingers and not that tim burton crap.

"Tim Burton crap"? Are you SERIOUS???:eek:

Drazar
15th Mar 2009, 13:27
"Tim Burton crap"? Are you SERIOUS???:eek:

Tim Burton's Penquin was crap, he changed a greedy snob rich arms dealer prick into a mutant freak who lived in sewers with penquins, so yeah it is crap.

NoMoarDedCawpz
16th Mar 2009, 13:51
Oh...Hai
Im new here, but been interested in the game since it surfaced.

I read an article that said Killer Moth is set to be in this...
I really hope its the 'anti-batman' version and not the 'mothman' version.

Im interested to see how he is played out...
Í liked to see him decked out like The Riddler from the end of Batman Forever
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/sparrowspike12/imbatman2.jpg

I was a little letdown to learn that Catwoman and Two-Face arent in this...
But having so many other heavy hitters, makes up for it :thumbsup:

Why So Serious ?
22nd Mar 2009, 02:25
Oh...Hai
Im new here, but been interested in the game since it surfaced.

I read an article that said Killer Moth is set to be in this...
I really hope its the 'anti-batman' version and not the 'mothman' version.

Im interested to see how he is played out...
Í liked to see him decked out like The Riddler from the end of Batman Forever
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/sparrowspike12/imbatman2.jpg

I was a little letdown to learn that Catwoman and Two-Face arent in this...
But having so many other heavy hitters, makes up for it :thumbsup:

Jim as the Riddler was ok Depp would of done a much better job. Depp can fit into any type of character.

Drazar
22nd Mar 2009, 03:22
Hugo Weaving would make more interesting choice as Riddler if you ask me, but both him and Depp would be an excelent choice. This summer we see Christian Bale as a cop and Johnny Depp as a mafia gangster in the movie: Public Enemies. :)

VergilC
24th Mar 2009, 20:44
:rolleyes: I'm happy Harley made it in the GAME seriously I always wanted her to be a part of the game since she never hit the Movies which she is a main character in the Comics how'd they miss her I don't understand. Thank GOD!

The Joker 1
27th Mar 2009, 03:07
Jim as the Riddler was ok Depp would of done a much better job. Depp can fit into any type of character.

I think that he could do The Joker that Heath ledger did. That would be great

NightMan
28th Mar 2009, 01:06
What system do you guys think would be the best to play this on, the PS3 or the 360? Or would the PC version be the most ideal?

door noob
28th Mar 2009, 01:34
People have diffiren't oppinion, but... If you have an outstanding pc with a great graphics card and lot's of memory that woulb be ideal because you might even be capable of moding the game. The 360 and the ps3 versionns would be fairly similar, though i would bu it on the ps3(since it has less glitches). hope this helps;)

Drazar
28th Mar 2009, 12:46
Xbox360 is the superiour version for simple reasons:

1)Multiplatform games have slightly better graphics on Xbox
2) Xbox360 usually gets DLC Content such as Fallout 3 and GTA4 are getting, better chances to have an Xbox over PS3 incase Rocksteady decide to add extra content for the game.

door noob
28th Mar 2009, 15:40
Though this is not a multiplayer game thus the graphics will be similar. They are on xbox 360's breaking point meaning the ps3 is actually using the advanteges on bluray to give the players just by a little, better graphic.

Fallout 3 and gta iv were both xbox exclusives this is not so the dlc will be delivered most likely to both platforms. please don't start this war again.

Drazar
28th Mar 2009, 16:26
Though this is not a multiplayer game thus the graphics will be similar. They are on xbox 360's breaking point meaning the ps3 is actually using the advanteges on bluray to give the players just by a little, better graphic.

Blueray is _only_ used on PS3 Exclusive and so far every game (street fighter 4, resident evil 5, devil may cry 4) have looked slightly (note: slightly) better on Xbox360. Gears of War 2 was an Xbox exclusive and it used the same graphics as Batman: Arkham Asylum, so it will be just fine.

Fallout 3 and gta iv were both xbox exclusives this is not so the dlc will be delivered most likely to both platforms.

Fallout 3 and GTA 4 are avaiaible on PS3 too, but not the DLC. So there are chances same bad luck might happen for PS3 owners too. :/ :(

please don't start this war again.

I'm not starting a war, i'm correcting you.

door noob
28th Mar 2009, 16:44
Fallout 3 and GTA 4 are avaiaible on PS3 too, but not the DLC. So there are chances same bad luck might happen for PS3 owners too. :/ :(

My point was they were developed better for the 360. gta wasn't supose to come out on the ps3 and fallout 3 might eventually get the dlc on the ps3.

First i'm gonna rent batman on the 360 and ps3 and decide which one i prefer
and i apologoze if i were wrong.

door noob
28th Mar 2009, 16:46
We can't really be sure what system is beter for batman : aa until the game officially comes out.

NightMan
29th Mar 2009, 05:41
Didn't think I'd start any bickering on here! :)

Yeah, I was wondering about the additional content for the 360 also. I was thinking that since GTA and Fallout are more established, that's why more extra content was added, but maybe if Arkham Asylum is well recieved, add ons might come in the future.

I guess you're right, we won't know until the future.

My question I suppose was more of a matter on which system I should buy. I'm getting tired of the Wii not getting any great games like GTA, Assasin's Creed, and of course this game. Also can't wait for DC Universe Online to come out too!

ArtemisEntreri
29th Mar 2009, 12:26
Challenge rooms seem to me as an awesome concept. If they have some time left, perhaps it would be good to add in a few meaningful minigames, like Capcom did with Resident Evil 4. That would surely prolong the the game's lifespan.

KillerCroc
29th Mar 2009, 23:36
Xbox360 is the superiour version for simple reasons:

1)Multiplatform games have slightly better graphics on Xbox
2) Xbox360 usually gets DLC Content such as Fallout 3 and GTA4 are getting, better chances to have an Xbox over PS3 incase Rocksteady decide to add extra content for the game.Are you kidding me? PS3 has cool DLC too, and how could we forget Fallout's "The Pitt" I laugh every time I think about it. PS3 has equal if not better graphics than the 360. Get it for PS3.

Drazar
30th Mar 2009, 09:24
Are you kidding me? PS3 has cool DLC too, and how could we forget Fallout's "The Pitt" I laugh every time I think about it. PS3 has equal if not better graphics than the 360. Get it for PS3.

PS3 Has not received GTA4's nor Falllout 3's DLC content so i would be worried if i was a Batman fan who had to get a new console.

PS3 Has superiour graphics on _exclusive_ games but because the way Sony _programmed_ and _made_ PS3 The _multiplatform_ games such as Batman: Arkham Asylum the Xbox360 will have _very slightly better_ graphics, its a fact. Don't believe me? check gametrailers/ign for comparisons on other multiplatform games like resident evil 5 or street fighter 4.

If a person here wants to get a console i would recommend the Xbox360 since its cheaper and it has more chance to get the DLC.

vladek225252
30th Mar 2009, 12:43
can someone tell me if the game will be on the playstation 3 store.

KillerCroc
30th Mar 2009, 22:44
PS3 Has not received GTA4's nor Falllout 3's DLC content so i would be worried if i was a Batman fan who had to get a new console.

PS3 Has superiour graphics on _exclusive_ games but because the way Sony _programmed_ and _made_ PS3 The _multiplatform_ games such as Batman: Arkham Asylum the Xbox360 will have _very slightly better_ graphics, its a fact. Don't believe me? check gametrailers/ign for comparisons on other multiplatform games like resident evil 5 or street fighter 4.

If a person here wants to get a console i would recommend the Xbox360 since its cheaper and it has more chance to get the DLC. But you have to buy all that junk with it, and when you do it equals about the same between Live, Hard Drive, and everything else. Keep in mind the DLC for Fallout was screwed up between missing floors, maybe EA will release it for PS3 eventually (hint hint). EA would be stupid not to give it to Sony owners eventually, PS3 also has sixaxis, which will be cool for the remote controlled Batarang, hasn't been confirmed that that's what it's for, but I dig into my mind as a Batman fan and *BAM*. I don't think PS3 owners should worry, if EA does this, this could definitly hurt their rep. (again hint hint any EA people reading) EA doesn't probably check their forums so they probably won't fix this, i'll poke around and see if anywhere there has been talk on Fallout 3 DLC, keep in mind that DLC isn't everything, and us PS3's could make a pettition.

KillerCroc
30th Mar 2009, 22:45
can someone tell me if the game will be on the playstation 3 store. They don't release games much on the PS3 store, I can only think of Warhawk and Grand Turisimo Prologue 5. So it's most likely not, but then again what do I know?

SammiiDoogles
31st Mar 2009, 00:42
Can i just say, GTAIV And fallout 3 had exclusive 360 DLC, because microsoft payed for it to be exclusive, it has nothing to do with the console.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 02:14
Can i just say, GTAIV And fallout 3 had exclusive 360 DLC, because microsoft payed for it to be exclusive, it has nothing to do with the console. Didn't know that oh well, microsoft wouldn't do that with Batman because they wanted the popular titles. Batman: Arkham Asylum is a new game, eh, maybe they won't even make DLC for Batman OR Sony will get the idea and do it, probably not, but who knows?

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 08:54
Can i just say, GTAIV And fallout 3 had exclusive 360 DLC, because microsoft payed for it to be exclusive, it has nothing to do with the console.

This is why i'd get a 360 as a console as it is cheaper and has more chance for a DLC if Rcoksteady decides on that. ;) Not to mention for graphic people, it does provide better graphics on multiplatform games.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 11:48
This is why i'd get a 360 as a console as it is cheaper and has more chance for a DLC if Rcoksteady decides on that. ;) Not to mention for graphic people, it does provide better graphics on multiplatform games.

Every one has their own opinion....no facts are proven untuil the game is out even its graphic.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 11:52
But... Ps3 owns in majority of cases like hardware failure, the capability of of reaching graphics far more superior to the xbox's, but its not utilizing that advantage and here are the main facts

- Ps3 - better for adventure games
-Xbox 360 - better for multiplayer games

So nothing can be judged... Lets start a new topic, so.... um....no official site update yet.Bummer.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 11:55
Every one has their own opinion....no facts are proven untuil the game is out even its graphic.

Facts are proven by multiple companies that have already done so, its easier to program games on the Xbox360 and so forth. The fact is. Xbox360 has the better graphics for multiplatform consoles, and you can blame that on Sony for making PS3 harder to program to.

But... Ps3 owns in majority of cases like hardware failure, the capability of of reaching graphics far more superior to the xbox's, but its not utilizing that advantage and here are the main facts

- Ps3 - better for adventure games
-Xbox 360 - better for multiplayer games

So nothing can be judged... Lets start a new topic, so.... um....no official site update yet.Bummer.

Eh your argument makes no sense. The capability of reaching graphics far superiour is true but you aint seeing that in _multiplatform_ games _at all_. Also you can't just outrageously say PS3 has better adventure games and Xbox360 better multiplayer. Where did you get that at all? >_>

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 20:12
Facts are proven by multiple companies that have already done so, its easier to program games on the Xbox360 and so forth. The fact is. Xbox360 has the better graphics for multiplatform consoles, and you can blame that on Sony for making PS3 harder to program to.

Eh your argument makes no sense. The capability of reaching graphics far superiour is true but you aint seeing that in _multiplatform_ games _at all_. Also you can't just outrageously say PS3 has better adventure games and Xbox360 better multiplayer. Where did you get that at all? >_>

Well ps3 has better adventure games than xbox 360 and xbox360 has better multiplayer games than ps3(compare the games if you want) and batman arkham asylum is not a multiplayer game!

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 20:19
Throw me a proper argument what are these "better adventure" games and why does Xbox have "better multiplayer" games. Show me these games and throw a damn argument. :P

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 21:08
Throw me a proper argument what are these "better adventure" games and why does Xbox have "better multiplayer" games. Show me these games and throw a damn argument. :P

Here
Xbox 360 multiplayergames ps3 does not have
-Halo
-SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam(since spongebob is awsome)
-F.E.A.R. files
-GTA - the lost and damned
-etc

PS3 Exclusives
-Uncharted
-Jak 1,2,3,etc
-Ratchet & Clank
-God of War
-etc

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 21:15
PS3 Exclusives
-Uncharted
-Jak 1,2,3,etc
-Ratchet & Clank
-God of War
-etc

Whats sad on your list is this:
Jak 1,2,3 are on Playstation 2 and the never versions of PS3 can't even play PS2 games.

God of War 3 isn't even launched yet, but hey there will be a multiplatform game called Dante's Inferno which copies the game style.

But see, your throwing a personal opinion on consoles while i'm stating non-biased truth.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 21:18
Whats sad on your list is this:
Jak 1,2,3 are on Playstation 2 and the never versions of PS3 can't even play PS2 games.

God of War 3 isn't even launched yet, but hey there will be a multiplatform game called Dante's Inferno which copies the game style.

But see, your throwing a personal opinion on consoles while i'm stating non-biased truth.

no i'm preety sure youre is personal aswell and jak will be launched on the ps3 possibly in the next year. Whats your point anyways?

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 21:21
People prefere to stay with the 360 only cause of its price of game and eidos did take advantage of ps3 graphics capability check the first article.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 21:26
no i'm preety sure youre is personal aswell and jak will be launched on the ps3 possibly in the next year. Whats your point anyways?

You have no proof of another Jak game besides rumours, so those are discounted as i could start throwing crazy rumours of Rocksteady already devoluping (spelling) Batman 2: Gotham City. =P

Now listen this is getting out of hands, but this is my whole point for the guy who asked which console to buy, he is interested in Arkham Asylum only.

1) Xbox360 is cheaper, and the multiplatform games do look better, just go to IGN.COM and use the search function for "resident evil 5" for example, and check the comparison video, or gametrailers.com for this.

There has nothing where Eidos has said that they used PS3 graphics to enchance to PS3 Platform, unless you wanna give me a direct link.

2) Because how Microsoft has already paied to get exclusive DLC for Fallout 3 and GTA4 what are the chances they do the same for Eidos? I wouldn't take a risk to lose any DLC. ;/

NightMan
31st Mar 2009, 21:47

I agree. I wonder if there's going to be any sort of mobile content they might throw at us for registering. I wouldn't mind a wallpaper, especially if it's the bad ass cover they have. Or maybe a crazy ass laughing Joker.

Also, has anyone heard anything else on the limited addition special bundle they're gonna have out? I heard they'll have a booklet with files on all the Gotham criminals (probably only the ones in the game) but what really got my interest is they'll have a 12 inch batarang collectable! I hope it's the one shown in the game, because that thing looks bad ass!

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 21:53
I agree. I wonder if there's going to be any sort of mobile content they might throw at us for registering. I wouldn't mind a wallpaper, especially if it's the bad ass cover they have. Or maybe a crazy ass laughing Joker.

Also, has anyone heard anything else on the limited addition special bundle they're gonna have out? I heard they'll have a booklet with files on all the Gotham criminals (probably only the ones in the game) but what really got my interest is they'll have a 12 inch batarang collectable! I hope it's the one shown in the game, because that thing looks bad ass!
They also have DLC like the street fighter, maybe not costumes, but they do.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 21:55
They also have DLC like the street fighter, maybe not costumes, but they do.

Yeah but thats just a bull**** lie of a DLC. Capcom had those costumes on the CD but are trying to trick people like 10-20 euros/dollars more. Its a disgusting thing Capcom is trying with DLC and i hope game companies wont follow with that direction.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 21:58
Yeah but thats just a bull**** lie of a DLC. Capcom had those costumes on the CD but are trying to trick people like 10-20 euros/dollars more. Its a disgusting thing Capcom is trying with DLC and i hope game companies wont follow with that direction. They had it in there for about three weeks when the CE was released and then the DLC came out, I think it's a challenge room so it's actual gameplay.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 22:00
They had it in there for about three weeks when the CE was released and then the DLC came out, I think it's a challenge room so it's actual gameplay.

If your talking about SF4 then no. The DLC there was just the costumes which is just bleh.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 22:06
If your talking about SF4 then no. The DLC there was just the costumes which is just bleh. It wasn't that exciting but Batman will be cooler, for some reason if I have something it has to be complete, or else it bothers me and I spend about $30 on a Heavenly Sword LBP costume. :thud:

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 22:08
1) Xbox360 is cheaper, and the multiplatform games do look better, just go to IGN.COM and use the search function for "resident evil 5" for example, and check the comparison video, or gametrailers.com for this.

It is cheaper, but for a reason...It gets the ring of death then you have to get it repaired. No wifi(extra $100) so sixaxis who doesn't like sixaxis. Ps3 has rechargable batteries xbox doesn't. And for the last time BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM IS NOT A MULTIPLAYER GAME, GOD!!! Also batman aa will probabilly consist of instalation on the ps3 and once it's done you will not have to bother wating your time for it to load just take a look at fable and how long it loads aswell as assassins creed, and how fast it loads on the ps3. Last point since batman :aa is usin unreal engine like mirrors edge check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ng4erqZ3E ps3 = better graphics

2) Because how Microsoft has already paied to get exclusive DLC for Fallout 3 and GTA4 what are the chances they do the same for Eidos? I wouldn't take a risk to lose any DLC. ;/

They probabilly will not because they are not sure if Batman :aa will deliver. And they don't bother with superhero games, only major games like fallout. and gta.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 22:11
They probabilly will not because they are not sure if Batman :aa will deliver. And they don't bother with superhero games, only major games like fallout. and gta. Exactly, didn't I already say that, well if I didn't I was goning to. I give door_noob a :thumb:

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 22:14
Exactly, didn't I already say that, well if I didn't I was goning to. I give door_noob a :thumb:

Thanks bro i apprectiate that:D

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 22:15
It is cheaper, but for a reason...It gets the ring of death then you have to get it repaired. No wifi(extra $100)

Yes there is if you keep the check. Personal experience buddy. :P

so sixaxis who doesn't like sixaxis. Ps3 has rechargable batteries xbox doesn't.

There is a recharger for 360 batteries if people wish to. >_>

And for the last time BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM IS NOT A MULTIPLAYER GAME, GOD!!!

Noone here said it was Multiplayer, you clearly don't know what Multiplatform game is so here let me teach you:

Multiplatform: a game that goes to more than 1 console, thus its not an exclusive and goes multiplatform.

Also batman aa will probabilly consist of instalation on the ps3 and once it's done you will not have to bother wating your time for it to load just take a look at fable and how long it loads aswell as assassins creed, and how fast it loads on the ps3. Last point since batman :aa is usin unreal engine like mirrors edge check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ng4erqZ3E ps3 = better graphics

Again where is this source of you so much claim to be. Unreal Engine is also used on Xbox360 exclusives such as Gears of War 2. >_< Now you can see on the Youtube video the Xbxo360 offers better lightning and shading. Again i keep telling you to go to gametrailers.com for more comparisons.

They probabilly will not because they are not sure if Batman :aa will deliver. And they don't bother with superhero games, only major games like fallout. and gta.

You can't prove that as much as i can't prove they will, but are you willing to take the risk? I wouldn't.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 22:18
Okay i've agreed with you Drazar on so many things, but your WRONG. As a PS3 owner I feel it is, neh, our duty to defend our rights. First, to get all that rechargeable stuff, a faster engine, a tower, and online, you have to spend a crap load of cash. PS3 comes with all of that stuff at a price of $400. At least that's what I bought it for.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 22:20
How am i exactly wrong? Also with the big price cuts on Xbox360 its still alot cheaper than a PS3. The online costing is abit meh but atleast the online community is immensively active from what i see. But thats not the subject since the subject here is about a guy wondering which console to get for his Batman game. Why bother going the other spefifics when its a simple answer for a guy who wants to play the Batman game.

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 22:23
How am i exactly wrong? Also with the big price cuts on Xbox360 its still alot cheaper than a PS3. The online costing is abit meh but atleast the online community is immensively active from what i see. But thats not the subject since the subject here is about a guy wondering which console to get for his Batman game. Why bother going the other spefifics when its a simple answer for a guy who wants to play the Batman game.
You still have to by the tower for extra memory because if I remember correctly the 360 doesn't have a lot of memory, but if your going cheaper than maybe 360. I have to say though the free online is handy because I don't go online much maybe once a month and I don't want to spend $7 just to go online once.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 22:26
There is a recharger for 360 batteries if people wish to. >_>

[QUOTE=Drazar;961200]Noone here said it was Multiplayer, you clearly don't know what Multiplatform game is so here let me teach you:

Multiplatform: a game that goes to more than 1 console, thus its not an exclusive and goes multiplatform.
Sorry misread, but give me a couple of days that confirms ps3 does use the graphics advantage.

Again where is this source of you so much claim to be. Unreal Engine is also used on Xbox360 exclusives such as Gears of War 2. >_< Now you can see on the Youtube video the Xbxo360 offers better lightning and shading. Again i keep telling you to go to gametrailers.com for more comparisons.What video are you watching. Oh wow lighting, change the britness...Majority clims ps3 offers better graphics in the ps3 read the comments. Or better yet watch the video closly.

You can't prove that as much as i can't prove they will, but are you willing to take the risk? I wouldn't.
If you will be on this thread when the dlc(if) comes out and it's only on the 360 i will addmit your right and i'm not worthy of you, and yes i am taking that risk. Now let's wait for the dlc.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 22:26
You still have to by the tower for extra memory because if I remember correctly the 360 doesn't have a lot of memory, but if your going cheaper than maybe 360. I have to say though the free online is handy because I don't go online much maybe once a month and I don't want to spend $7 just to go online once.

They stopped producing the 1st platform of xbox360 and go with the Xbox360 arcade which is just fine. I agree PS3 users have it cool with the online play but from what i hear, keyword being: i hear stuff, no official announcements. Is that since xbox live costs, the community is far more active than the PS3 one. But yeah, i really didnt wanna turn this into Xbox360 vs. PS3, since the topic is for a guy who wants the simplest console for batman, and why not just the xbox since its cheaper and so on.;)

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 22:27
What article exactly proves that multiplatform games have better a grphics. Provide me with atleast three links (two of which will probabily take sies and on a tie brake).

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 22:29
They stopped producing the 1st platform of xbox360 and go with the Xbox360 arcade which is just fine. I agree PS3 users have it cool with the online play but from what i hear, keyword being: i hear stuff, no official announcements. Is that since xbox live costs, the community is far more active than the PS3 one. But yeah, i really didnt wanna turn this into Xbox360 vs. PS3, since the topic is for a guy who wants the simplest console for batman, and why not just the xbox since its cheaper and so on.;) True, but if you look into further developement for his games PS3 might be better, our community is active too, we should stop this war, maybe settle on an agreement that 360 is cheaper for playing one or two games, but PS3 holds a lot more, I have like 800 videos on mine. Let's make peace not war :friends:

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 22:42
What article exactly proves that multiplatform games have better a grphics. Provide me with atleast three links (two of which will probabily take sies and on a tie brake).

I'm gonna show you the RE5 review, but check the preview too because for example, here they do say the PS3 suffers a minor glitch:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/734381/resident-evil-5/videos/resident5_vdr_030309.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46684.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46277.html

Heres video showcase, and you can't deny the lightning and frame is arguebly slightly better, which is my point all this time.

True, but if you look into further developement for his games PS3 might be better, our community is active too, we should stop this war, maybe settle on an agreement that 360 is cheaper for playing one or two games, but PS3 holds a lot more, I have like 800 videos on mine. Let's make peace not war :friends:

Saying X game > Y game is just a matter of an opinion, and since we got exclusives like Gears of War 2 (which is Over the shoulder FPS) you can't compare that to for example God of War 3 (which is action) since the type is different. Killzone 2 had alot of comparisons with Halo 3 and Halo 3 had the better critics but both games are still excelent. >_> But yeah i hope we cna lay this off, because honestly this isnt about PS3/Xbox360 being the better console, its about being the better choice for a guy who just wants to play Batman.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 22:53
I'm gonna show you the RE5 review.
I don't want a resident.[/QUOTE] evil 5 review and/or comparison because that does not state that all multiplatform games are superior on to the 360

>_> But yeah i hope we cna lay this off, because honestly this isnt about PS3/Xbox360 being the better console, its about being the better choice for a guy who just wants to play Batman.

And how is this not a ps3 vs 360 (which you have cleary made).

Fine in my opinion if the guy has the money, then get the ps3, if he doesn't he should get the 360.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 22:59
[QUOTE=Drazar;961233]you can't compare that to for example God of War 3 (which is action) QUOTE]

Oh and ownage
http://www.psu.com/God-of-War-III--g129.php
look at the genres

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 23:17
I don't want a resident. evil 5 review and/or comparison because that does not state that all multiplatform games are superior on to the 360[/QUOTE]

So you admit to not look on my evidence, fair enough.

And how is this not a ps3 vs 360 (which you have cleary made).

I corrected the misinformation and people started arguing towards me. :P Not my fault people are misinformed.

Fine in my opinion if the guy has the money, then get the ps3, if he doesn't he should get the 360.

Yep, your opinion. :)

[QUOTE=Drazar;961233]you can't compare that to for example God of War 3 (which is action) QUOTE]

Oh and ownage
http://www.psu.com/God-of-War-III--g129.php
look at the genres

Whats this post suppose to mean?

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:20
god of war is action adventure.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 23:21
Which is what i said. So whats your point?

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:23
Which is what i said. So whats your point?

no,no, no, you said action.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 23:24
Oh please are you the local grammar/spell police here? Action = Action Adventure, its practically the same god damn thing. I can't believe your trying to put an argue out of this. :p

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:25
Ok how about this I have both platorms and they differ in their own specialway, plus it's good to have booth.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 23:27
Is this a question? Well i'd take Xbox360 because of my worries of DLC. I'd actually get a PS3 but not until the pricecut, which Sony yesterday sadly announced to be just for the PS2. Tho when ill get PS3 that will be for God of War 3. :p Must finish the legacy. ;)

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:28
Oh please are you the local grammar/spell police here? Action = Action Adventure, its practically the same god damn thing. I can't believe your trying to put an argue out of this. :p

I'm not you are...

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:29
Is this a question?

No! it's a statement which shows i have first hand experience with both platform but whatever.

Drazar
31st Mar 2009, 23:29
Indeed, but thats why i shared my opinion to give the console buyer a hint. ;)

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 23:30
You two are acting like little kids! Knock it off! PS3 and 360 have their strengths and weaknesses! Don't worry about DLC! The special DLC is for both systems so what does that tell you!? Knock it off you two! You can get either or both are great. Now knock it off!

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:30
And god of war fits cleverly into this situation.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:32
You two are acting like little kids! Knock it off! PS3 and 360 have their strengths and weaknesses!

That's like exactly what I said.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:34

That's not grammer that's just dialogue

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 23:37
That's not grammer that's just dialogue Knock it off both of you! NOW! :mad:

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:41
Knock it off both of you! NOW! :mad:

MAKE, ME! I'm sorry.. i get like that sometime what do you think is the superior platform:whistle:

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 23:45
MAKE, ME! I'm sorry.. i get like that sometime what do you think is the superior platform:whistle: Okay, you do know I was supporting PS3 right? You two are acting like kids, personally i'm not toatally convinced on 360, and the DLC bothers me because we know DLC is for both systems.

How about we take a vote?

First system with five votes wins, in opinion.

I can't vote but you guys know where my heart is.

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:46
Okay, you do know I was supporting PS3 right? You two are acting like kids, personally i'm not toatally convinced on 360, and the DLC bothers me because we know DLC is for both systems.

How about we take a vote?

First system with five votes wins, in opinion.

I can't vote but you guys know where my heart is.

haha i got a guy on my side how about you drazar :rolleyes:
anyway playstation -2, 360 -0

KillerCroc
31st Mar 2009, 23:48
anyway playstation -2, 360 -0 I'm not taking sides, this has nothing to do with sides, I just prefer the PS3 myself.

1-PS3
0-360

door noob
31st Mar 2009, 23:49
I'm not taking sides, this has nothing to do with sides, I just prefer the PS3 myself.

1-PS3
0-360

sorry man you borught it upon yourself.

KillerCroc
1st Apr 2009, 02:47
sorry man you borught it upon yourself. Okay I get it, you think of me as like, an ally because I like PS3 better, well okay then, in your mind, i'm trying to help a guy out with some votes that's all.

door noob
1st Apr 2009, 02:48
Okay I get it, you think of me as like, an ally because I like PS3 better, well okay then, in your mind, i'm trying to help a guy out with some votes that's all.

Na i'm done with this, thoughts on the official site?

KillerCroc
1st Apr 2009, 02:50
Na i'm done with this, thoughts on the official site? Empty. Very empty.

door noob
1st Apr 2009, 02:54
Hopefully it will be worth the wait and it'll include content that they did not show us previously.

Drazar
1st Apr 2009, 10:05

I think you brought horrible alot of spam on this discussion thread while supporting the PS3 for ridicilous reasons while a guy simple wanted the simplest and best platform for his Batman game. ;o

To make this clear for you Door Noob, me and Killer Croc both support the xbox360 for a person who simply wants to get his hands on Arkham Asylum, thus why waste around 399 dollars or so when you can get it for 230ish dollars. The console has great graphics since Batman is multiplatform (I hope you realize now what multiplatform is ;) ), both consoles have great controllers that are easy to get used to, and Xbox gives the slight more chance for DLC content if you don't wanna get screwed over as an customer. I hope you realize that was the whole point of this discussion and wont go with your PS3 crap all over again, like that claim Eidos actually used PS3's cell-shade and/or blue-ray capabilities, heh. :P

door noob
1st Apr 2009, 19:34
Just **** off, read the rest off the threads our conversation is over. Kurwa cholerna.

Drazar
1st Apr 2009, 20:05
So much for PS3 playerbase manners.:rolleyes: :rasp:

door noob
1st Apr 2009, 20:29
I'll stick with my opinion you stick with yours END OF STORY.

Drazar
1st Apr 2009, 20:30
Will you atleast admit i was right? ;)

PS. Still would like to see the source for your lies lol.

ShadowOfTheKnight
1st Apr 2009, 20:34
is this still a press release thread or a flame war?! seriously guys there are forums for this, one day real info is gonna get released and we'll all miss it because this thread keeps getting replies every 2 min and no one bothers to look anymore. just saying.

door noob
1st Apr 2009, 20:35

Fine and i will not admit your right, i will only be, like i stated in the previouse post, if there will be dlc on xbox so just screw off for now.

door noob
1st Apr 2009, 20:37
is this still a press release thread or a flame war?! seriously guys there are forums for this, one day real info is gonna get released and we'll all miss it because this thread keeps getting replies every 2 min and no one bothers to look anymore. just saying.

tell the other guy to calm down.

KillerCroc
1st Apr 2009, 20:42
is this still a press release thread or a flame war?! seriously guys there are forums for this, one day real info is gonna get released and we'll all miss it because this thread keeps getting replies every 2 min and no one bothers to look anymore. just saying. Just let them settle it out and get banned, I tried to stop them, no need to risk our necks too, right?

Kai Rei
2nd Apr 2009, 01:09

Drazar, shut up for once, and stop trying to flame-bait people.

Batman Maniac
2nd Apr 2009, 01:14
Fine and i will not admit your right, i will only be, like i stated in the previouse post, if there will be dlc on xbox so just screw off for now.

i totaly agree w/ u

chip5541
2nd Apr 2009, 01:36
A console war? Are you kidding me?

Look, each console has there own strengths and weaknesses. let it end there. The next one of you attempt to bait someone or continue this silly, juvenile and useless argument will get banned.

KillerCroc
2nd Apr 2009, 02:28
Okay since this is the right thread, i've heard that Batman will be released at the end of May, Firday of last May to be exact, and i've heard June 9th. I've seen June 9th a lot, but I don't know. Any clarity to be given?

Lxndr77
2nd Apr 2009, 05:32
Okay since this is the right thread, i've heard that Batman will be released at the end of May, Firday of last May to be exact, and i've heard June 9th. I've seen June 9th a lot, but I don't know. Any clarity to be given?

the eb games, toys r us', blockbusters, futureshops, bestbuys and walmarts in Toronto, Canada all have it in their systems as a May 31st Release day.

this info was gathered by phoning or visiting these stores. seems like a title match between June 9th and May 31st

door noob
2nd Apr 2009, 20:14
You have no proof of another Jak game besides rumours, so those are discounted as i could start throwing crazy rumours of Rocksteady already devoluping (spelling) Batman 2: Gotham City. =P

Now listen this is getting out of hands, but this is my whole point for the guy who asked which console to buy, he is interested in Arkham Asylum only.

There has nothing where Eidos has said that they used PS3 graphics to enchance to PS3 Platform, unless you wanna give me a direct link.

I'm just corrcting not continuing the consol war, here is jak 4 but for psp
http://psp.ign.com/articles/968/968664p1.html

Drazar
2nd Apr 2009, 20:58
Yeah but you can't call that a PS3 exclusive mate. :p

door noob
2nd Apr 2009, 23:21
Yeah but you can't call that a PS3 exclusive mate. :p

That's what i siad above "mate" that it's for psp, READ.

Drazar
2nd Apr 2009, 23:27
Always so offensive aren't you. Now the PS3 thing was as you tried to claim it would be announced to PS3 but as you can see, it got announced to PSP. now chill. sheesh.

EDIT: Also its not Jak 4, since its a spinoff. You could claim Jak X or Jak racer could be 4 or 5. But no, this isn't the 4th Jak but another spinoff really from what it seems, unless they just decided to screw the numbers on the titles.

chip5541
3rd Apr 2009, 00:01
This is specifically for Drazar and door noob. I am a few seconds away from temp banning both of you. If you want to discuss the differences and games of two different systems then I suggest you take it PM. This is NOT the thread to be discussing this and it most certainly not the section.

Door noob, even after I warned everyone about it you still had to try and get the last word in. I was nice and gave one last shot but I see this is not going to go away unless I do something more drastic. I don’t want to. I suggest that both of you drop it because the next time I will not be warning you.

door noob
3rd Apr 2009, 01:26
Whant to establish peace drazar?

ArtemisEntreri
3rd Apr 2009, 16:02
Jesus. And here I thought I escaped from the childish fanboyism of the Gametrailers forum, only to find out that there really is no escape. Though, it seems that here the mods at least have some authority. I sure hope in the future the firestarters gets banned.

CaptainMcMulla
3rd Apr 2009, 18:44
I am in desperate need of a new game. I hope the game can fill up all the thirst.

NightMan
5th Apr 2009, 05:04
What do you guys think about the character designs? I'm diggin them, except for Harley's design. That's a pretty drastic change.

imbatman08
5th Apr 2009, 15:19
of what iv seen so far the character designs look amazing the first pic of bane was out and i was rele impressed i hope all the other baddies are just as good

Batman Maniac
5th Apr 2009, 16:02
of what iv seen so far the character designs look amazing the first pic of bane was out and i was rele impressed i hope all the other baddies are just as good

yea

What do you guys think about the character designs? I'm diggin them, except for Harley's design. That's a pretty drastic change.

i agree

samakazesling
6th Apr 2009, 00:26
Well, according to GameStop, they already are estimating, unofficially, August 2009 as the possible release date. So maybe around next summer ? It is subject to change obviously.

But, then again, personally Eidos has a great record of KEEPING DATES. For example, our beloved TR series. ;) Thank you Eidos for, as far as I know, not playing the "Delay Release Dates Game" unlike other companies.
[ Applauds ]

should be on time!! saw the demo in our target. ROCKED!!! a kid hogged it til i lost hope of playing, but I will own it when its out!!

vicsage
6th Apr 2009, 22:42
should be on time!! saw the demo in our target. ROCKED!!! a kid hogged it til i lost hope of playing, but I will own it when its out!!

You seriously saw the demo at a Target? Nice!

I hope this game is long...even if its at most three quarters as long as the story in MGS 4, I'll be happy :)

door noob
7th Apr 2009, 01:01
You seriously saw the demo at a Target? Nice!

I hope this game is long...even if its at most three quarters as long as the story in MGS 4, I'll be happy :)

It's 16 hours for most players
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa

Kai Rei
7th Apr 2009, 03:21

Sweet. It'll be even longer with the Challenge Map's.

vicsage
7th Apr 2009, 05:17

Holy...poopoo...

Thanks for that info! Heck, this game doesn't need multiplayer. All it needs is some good unlockable content and I'm sold.

This might possibly be one of the best games of the year (if not the best) :thumb:

door noob
7th Apr 2009, 11:21
TO make it longer i'll just keep on playing it over and over again to sweep up all the trophies and unlockables.

KillerCroc
7th Apr 2009, 20:13
TO make it longer i'll just keep on playing it over and over again to sweep up all the trophies and unlockables. They are probably counting story mode, and if so, I would double or triple that for leveling up and finding extras and stuff.

injurred_potato
12th Apr 2009, 00:58
Hey guys, just to get off topic for a second, I'm not going to be here for about a week in these forums, I'll be busy and such, just wanted to say that I guess, haha, have a cool week people!

door noob
12th Apr 2009, 01:21
Hey guys, just to get off topic for a second, I'm not going to be here for about a week in these forums, I'll be busy and such, just wanted to say that I guess, haha, have a cool week people!

See you around.

Ensanguined Walls
12th Apr 2009, 17:22
Does anyone think that, since this game runs on the Unreal Engine 3, there will be advanced physics or any other features specific to the engine? The graphics look very nice, but also very glossy. What do you think of the visuals?

door noob
12th Apr 2009, 19:51
Does anyone think that, since this game runs on the Unreal Engine 3, there will be advanced physics or any other features specific to the engine? The graphics look very nice, but also very glossy. What do you think of the visuals?

*sigh* yes all of the content will be included along with advanced physics.

Ensanguined Walls
12th Apr 2009, 20:24
No reason to sigh. I've seen games running on this engine that have mediocre physics.

Turn and Face the Strange
13th Apr 2009, 12:39

Come now, I don't think Rocksteady would steep low enough to provide exclusive DLC because of money! They are an honest company, like Valve or TakeTwo, not money-grabbing corporations like EA/Activision/Some divisions of Rockstar

Please, please don't accuse me of flame-baiting. Just pointing out that IMHO Rocksteady is a honest company.

ryukoken69
13th Apr 2009, 13:05
Come now, I don't think Rocksteady would steep low enough to provide exclusive DLC because of money! They are an honest company, like Valve or TakeTwo, not money-grabbing corporations like EA/Activision/Some divisions of Rockstar

Please, please don't accuse me of flame-baiting. Just pointing out that IMHO Rocksteady is a honest company.
They are still a company, and reguardless of what you think, if MS offered Edios alot of money like they did Rockstar for that exclusive gta DLC, I seriously doubt that Edios would turn them down.
It's totally business. Infact I would start laughing if MS started doing that more, because it would draw more people over to the 360 just for the exclusive DLC's for their favorite games.

REfan
14th Apr 2009, 20:25
Is this penciled in for a June release? I can't wait for it, it looks like a good Batman game at last.

Ensanguined Walls
14th Apr 2009, 20:58
Yup. Currently for June. Check out the "Video with BANE" thread and comment!

NightMan
16th Apr 2009, 22:21
Talked with a guy from Gamestop who's a huge superhero fan. He said it's marked at June 23rd right now.

Ensanguined Walls
17th Apr 2009, 00:21
Eidos said the game is nearly perfect. I don't see why it wouldn't be released in June.

Scuba
17th Apr 2009, 14:23
I'm an ASM at Gamestop and the date was pushed back from 6/9 to 6/23, and from everything i'm hearing that will be the release date for it. I know atleast our store will be doing a midnight launch but if enough people show interest it will be a company wide thing

Batman Maniac
17th Apr 2009, 21:49
Eidos said the game is nearly perfect. I don't see why it wouldn't be released in June.

I KNOW. THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDS WORK ON IS THE CLIPPINGS!

door noob
18th Apr 2009, 00:16
They're probabily old trailers since they are polishing up the game now.

DarkCrusader67
22nd Apr 2009, 23:37
I probably wouldn't be as ancy as i am right now if they would give us date for the Downloadable Demo!!! Nobody's even sure if they're going to let it go public!!

pinoyballer
25th Apr 2009, 22:37
HG
Welcome to the official Batman: Arkham Asylum forum. Make yourselves at home and discuss one of the most hotly anticipated titles of 2009. Keep and eye on the forum for all the latest and exclusive news over the coming months, in the meanwhile, here's the press release:

Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Comics announce Batman: Arkham Asylum a dark, action packed videogame adventure for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows in 2009.

In Batman: Arkham Asylum, developed by Rocksteady Studios, the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics’ detective to life with stunning graphics.

“In Batman: Arkham Asylum Eidos and Warner Bros. are building a true action adventure game experience worthy of gamers and fans,” said Phil Rogers, CEO of Eidos Interactive. “Players become Batman, like he has never been seen before in a video game, as he fights through intense circumstances in Arkham Asylum utilizing his intuitive detective skills and aggressive melee attacks.”

“Batman: Arkham Asylum offers players the chance to battle Gotham’s worst villains with Batman’s physical and psychological strength in a graphically distinct and story-driven game,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with Eidos on expanding DC Comics’ world-renowned character Batman in the game space with a noticeably different feature set in an incredibly dark interactive environment.”

Hii just a few questions.. i was just wondering, since i'v read the whole forum for this thread i was wondering, is batman arkham asylum a free roam game, or is it just mission by mission by mission ? please answer , and thanks :D

Drazar
25th Apr 2009, 22:52
Free roam after the training/start mission.

Ensanguined Walls
25th Apr 2009, 22:54
What do you mean the "training/start" mission, Drazar?

Drazar
25th Apr 2009, 23:03
When Joker escapes and Harley unleashes the goons onto Batman, thats basicly the start area and when Batman escapes or whatnot, the game begins as free roam and your allowed to start wherever you wish to.

pinoyballer
25th Apr 2009, 23:04
Free roam after the training/start mission.

heey now that it worth waiting for, thanks drazar , and are yu for sure that its free roam ?

Drazar
25th Apr 2009, 23:07
As much as an Island and a mansion can get. ;) Its from the podcast, after your done with the starting stuff you get out of the batcave or sum and can continue the game from wherever you wish to.

door noob
25th Apr 2009, 23:45
heey now that it worth waiting for, thanks drazar , and are yu for sure that its free roam ?

Here just to make you feel sure that the game is indeed free roam there is a question here that asks about this and the answear was yes http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa (fourth question)

pinoyballer
26th Apr 2009, 00:19
Here just to make you feel sure that the game is indeed free roam there is a question here that asks about this and the answear was yes http://www.nowgamer.com/news/302/batman-arkham-asylum-qampa (fourth question)

thanks door noob :D i really appreciate it :) so is there anything else thats really cool that you can tell me, anyways, door noob thanks for that link, it really told me alot about the game

pinoyballer
26th Apr 2009, 00:27
thanks door noob :D i really appreciate it :) so is there anything else thats really cool that you can tell me, anyways, door noob thanks for that link, it really told me alot about the game

Well, since batman isnt coming out for about 60-70 more days, do you guys have any suggestions on a game that i can get ? imrealy into free roam games, games that are kinda like GTA

door noob
26th Apr 2009, 01:17
No problem, the games well first of all what system do you have?

pinoyballer
26th Apr 2009, 02:56
No problem, the games well first of all what system do you have?

well the main system i use is 360 :P
uhm, just another batman question, is arkham asylum kinda like gotham ? Like a big city and whatnot ?

Ensanguined Walls
26th Apr 2009, 03:28
Arkham Asylum is an...asylum. However, it has so many rooms, passages, and so on and so forth that it feels like a city, in a sense. It's not as immense with Gotham, but it's crammed with secrets and intrigue.

door noob
26th Apr 2009, 03:47
well the main system i use is 360 :P
uhm, just another batman question, is arkham asylum kinda like gotham ? Like a big city and whatnot ?

Just like the person above stated, but on an small island. It's a mension redisigned for holding the mentally unstable with an enourmous underground "facilities", Sewers (for killer croc to roam around when he escaped), onsite batcave, and more.

Enough to keep you entertained for hours.

For the game I enjoyed :

-Fallout 3
-GTA IV
-Fable 2
-Godfather 2
-Ultimat Alliance
-And if you get a chance for the ps3 Metal Gear Solid 4

Upcoming games in may are Wolverine and inFamouse.

DarkCrusader67
26th Apr 2009, 05:48

that was a great article! I like how at the end he dropped the hammer on all multiplayer possibilities

pinoyballer
26th Apr 2009, 18:08
Just like the person above stated, but on an small island. It's a mension redisigned for holding the mentally unstable with an enourmous underground "facilities", Sewers (for killer croc to roam around when he escaped), onsite batcave, and more.

Enough to keep you entertained for hours.

For the game I enjoyed :

-Fallout 3
-GTA IV
-Fable 2
-Godfather 2
-Ultimat Alliance
-And if you get a chance for the ps3 Metal Gear Solid 4

Upcoming games in may are Wolverine and inFamouse.

ic, so this game is gonna be pretty cool ^^
well for the games you mentioned i already have gta, and ultimate alliance :P

door noob
26th Apr 2009, 18:24
ic, so this game is gonna be pretty cool ^^
well for the games you mentioned i already have gta, and ultimate alliance :P

Good start.:)

jayjay__2
26th Apr 2009, 18:31
Whens the release? Some say June 9th others say the 23rd???

door noob
26th Apr 2009, 18:32
Whens the release? Some say June 9th others say the 23rd???

Nobody knows:eek:

jayjay__2
26th Apr 2009, 18:37
Ok I wasn't sure, btw is Poison Ivy in this? I've seen the greenhouse pics and stuff but there's no person assigned to do her voice.

door noob
26th Apr 2009, 19:37
Ok I wasn't sure, btw is Poison Ivy in this? I've seen the greenhouse pics and stuff but there's no person assigned to do her voice.

There was, I wonder what happened to that.:confused:

pinoyballer
27th Apr 2009, 02:50
i'v seen some people who made accounts since december, when did people start finding ot about batman, i only found out about it a few days ago :S man some people musta been waiting for months !

DarkCrusader67
27th Apr 2009, 03:10

I'd be INCREDIBLY SAD if my girl Pamela Isley wasn't in the game... she's my favorite villain!!!!
:mad2:

jackskellington17
27th Apr 2009, 03:50
hi im new i just read about the joker being an exclusive character for the ps3 does anyone know if theres an exclusive character for the 360? if so who? thanks:wave:

chip5541
27th Apr 2009, 07:07
Welcome Jack. Might I suggest using the thread on the Joker release (there are a couple) for discussion of this topic. The game has over a month to go before release. Nothing has been confirmed for the 360 ATM. If anything gets announced you will read it in these forums.

door noob
27th Apr 2009, 11:22
i'v seen some people who made accounts since december, when did people start finding ot about batman, i only found out about it a few days ago :S man some people musta been waiting for months !

Since August 2008, ya that was a while ago:nut:

The Mattman
27th Apr 2009, 14:48
I found out ages ago, just made my account today. At the start i was doubtful so i didn't follow the new for BAA much, as nearly every Batman video game out there has been disappointing.

pinoyballer
27th Apr 2009, 20:16
Welcome Jack. Might I suggest using the thread on the Joker release (there are a couple) for discussion of this topic. The game has over a month to go before release. Nothing has been confirmed for the 360 ATM. If anything gets announced you will read it in these forums.

when you say over a month to go, do you mean sometime in june or august ? PLEASE dont tell me its in August PLEASE dont :'(

jackskellington17
27th Apr 2009, 21:07

okay thanks:D

woody1444
3rd May 2009, 04:45
when you say over a month to go, do you mean sometime in june or august ? PLEASE dont tell me its in August PLEASE dont :'(

Sorry to say but the game does come out in August, Gamespot says. And it has been confirmed by a couple of articles. Sorry, I wish it came out earlier as well, but if it means its gonna be bigger and badder (badder as in really good) I'm game.

Jericoe
3rd May 2009, 05:34
Sorry to say but the game does come out in August, Gamespot says. And it has been confirmed by a couple of articles. Sorry, I wish it came out earlier as well, but if it means its gonna be bigger and badder (badder as in really good) I'm game.

as long as it doesnt go past september

xxhanzyxx
3rd May 2009, 12:59
Cant wait for this film, even more so than TDK which is unbelievable! However, I didnt know where else to post this and presume that someone monotoring this site will read this. When you go to the characters profiles on the main page on the Joker profile he is classed as being 60lbs, which I doubt very much, even though he is extremly lanky in the profile image he isnt four stone... I hope xD And also on Banes profile, twice it says that Batman 'BEST' Bane and then Bane 'BEST' Batman, now unless its me being in poor education as I know I am no english teacher but isnt it suppose to be 'BEAT'? Didn't see any other slip ups but thought I would mention it incase it does need rectifying, or maybe not, maybe the Joker is 4 stone and Bane wants to best Batman... Moan over with, cant wait for the game again though HNZ x

Zacman
3rd May 2009, 13:46
Cant wait for this film, even more so than TDK which is unbelievable! However, I didnt know where else to post this and presume that someone monotoring this site will read this. When you go to the characters profiles on the main page on the Joker profile he is classed as being 60lbs, which I doubt very much, even though he is extremly lanky in the profile image he isnt four stone... I hope xD And also on Banes profile, twice it says that Batman 'BEST' Bane and then Bane 'BEST' Batman, now unless its me being in poor education as I know I am no english teacher but isnt it suppose to be 'BEAT'? Didn't see any other slip ups but thought I would mention it incase it does need rectifying, or maybe not, maybe the Joker is 4 stone and Bane wants to best Batman... Moan over with, cant wait for the game again though HNZ x
This isn't a movie.
I saw the same thing on the character screen. It says he is 6ft and 60 lbs. That is not possible. I also think that 160 is too heavy. My guess would be around 130 because I am 5 7 and weigh about 115 so 130 isn't that crazy for the Joker.

xxhanzyxx
3rd May 2009, 14:34
This isn't a movie.
I saw the same thing on the character screen. It says he is 6ft and 60 lbs. That is not possible. I also think that 160 is too heavy. My guess would be around 130 because I am 5 7 and weigh about 115 so 130 isn't that crazy for the Joker.

Yeah I know it wasnt a movie, think I was thinking faster than I was typing then :nut:
Well thats what I thought about the weight issue I mean if he was 60lbs then Batman wouldn't have much of a problem really as he wouldnt have the energy to congure up anything for Batman to feel threatened about, then again Harley could do all the physical work at 140lbs! So think they need to fix this error

imbatman08
3rd May 2009, 14:40
Yeah I know it wasnt a movie, think I was thinking faster than I was typing then :nut:
Well thats what I thought about the weight issue I mean if he was 60lbs then Batman wouldn't have much of a problem really as he wouldnt have the energy to congure up anything for Batman to feel threatened about, then again Harley could do all the physical work at 140lbs! So think they need to fix this error

it would be AMAZING if they did make this into a film lol aslong as they picked a good batman and some1 to play the joker lol

xxhanzyxx
3rd May 2009, 16:59
it would be AMAZING if they did make this into a film lol aslong as they picked a good batman and some1 to play the joker lol

Yeah it would be interesting if they did turn this into a film that is out of continuity of chris nolans BM films. Because Marvel have sorta done that now with X-men origin (watching that toninght)! And even not make it a pg-13 going for more adult based grit.... then they can throw Nightwing into the equasion somehow and I would be one happy girl :flowers:
Other thing is who would play them? HNZ x

VXR
5th May 2009, 15:25
Since August 2008, ya that was a while ago:nut:

think i was one of the first 2-3 people, i havent seen any other november people, but me

pinoyballer
6th May 2009, 02:36

Damm,I didnt want that to happen, but, I agree with you, as long as its good, im game to :D

Batman-tdk
9th May 2009, 19:07
Yep, August sounds correct

Darkboy0070
10th May 2009, 20:10
Was there supposed to be a announcement tommorow?

The Joker 1
15th May 2009, 16:00

when everyone begins school? That is bad.

We Are The Archers
18th May 2009, 23:23
I've heard September 1st a lot lately. I just want our wait to be worth it!

CaptainMcMulla
19th May 2009, 06:11
I've heard September 1st a lot lately. I just want our wait to be worth it!

I dont think games get released in midweek for UK, i dont know about US. Nut HMV have the release date at 28/08/2009

thewrongvine
20th May 2009, 01:04
Good, then I have more time to get other games, too. Heh :)

GR1NG0_SU4V3
24th May 2009, 00:55

I've been a lurker since the site came online,
but seeing as I'm a man of opinions I figured I'd make a profile and chime in
:p

Hush88
24th May 2009, 18:25
Not sure where else to put this but are any new character profiles every going to be added for the site. Poison Ivy is out and she hasn't been added yet so I was just wondering.

door noob
31st May 2009, 20:59
Yea they are really starting to abandon the site.

CaptainMcMulla
2nd Jun 2009, 06:56
86 days left for the europeans

DarkKnightDanny
7th Jun 2009, 19:16
86 days left for the europeans

82 days left now

hehe

imbatman08
7th Jun 2009, 19:56
82 days left now

hehe

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo im considering booking the day off work just so i can play on it all dayyyyy and nightttt :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

door noob
10th Jun 2009, 16:39
Something just occured to me, can batman jump in this game (except from high points) on the ground?

Hotwax89
10th Jun 2009, 16:47
Yes, in the demo if you are away from an enemy, you can press x to jump and he does this cool dive into a roll kind of thing. its pretty cool

door noob
10th Jun 2009, 19:04
Yes, in the demo if you are away from an enemy, you can press x to jump and he does this cool dive into a roll kind of thing. its pretty cool
Yes, that is a voult in a way, but I mean standing in one spot, jump and glide for a short distance while not fighting.

CaptainMcMulla
12th Jun 2009, 11:39
77 days to go for he Europeans.

door noob
12th Jun 2009, 16:56
77 days to go for he Europeans.

73 for us^ North Americans:eek:

Edit: and eleven hours, three miniutes and 10 seconds.

CaptainMcMulla
12th Jun 2009, 17:17
73 for us^ North Americans:eek:

Edit: and eleven hours, three miniutes and 10 seconds.

i think its 71 days because US get it 3 days before Europe

door noob
12th Jun 2009, 17:24
i think its 71 days because US get it 3 days before Europe

73. I got a count down clock on my screen.

CaptainMcMulla
12th Jun 2009, 17:25
73. I got a count down clock on my screen.

Oh yeah your right. "Like i said i'm bad with calculations"

door noob
12th Jun 2009, 17:37
Oh yeah your right. "Like i said i'm bad with calculations"

No worries;)

Goodmangamerguy
15th Jun 2009, 20:51
can you have a widget for the countdown? And where can you get one?

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jun 2009, 07:27
68 days left for Europe. Time flies.
65 days left for US. I think.

door noob
20th Jun 2009, 22:04
can you have a widget for the countdown? And where can you get one?

On your desktop?

maychris048
21st Jun 2009, 06:22
Looking forward to this game and can't wait for it to come out!!!! Ever since I started looking into this game I have become obsessed!!!!

CaptainMcMulla
24th Jun 2009, 20:54
64 days left for europe.
61 days left for US.

DarkKnightDanny
25th Jun 2009, 17:28
ive actually got this saved as a bookmark

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/~r341708/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-Edition-with-GAME-Exclusive-Preorder-Bonus/

CaptainMcMulla
25th Jun 2009, 17:29
ive actually got this saved as a bookmark

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/~r341708/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Collectors-Edition-with-GAME-Exclusive-Preorder-Bonus/

You've pre ordered it from Game havent you?
if so do you reckon you may get the game one day before.

Solidkill3r
25th Jun 2009, 18:14
You've pre ordered it from Game havent you?
if so do you reckon you may get the game one day before.

I have pre-ordered 10 games total from Game, and 9 of those came one day before release.

One of them came two days before. :)

(BAA will make 11)

CaptainMcMulla
25th Jun 2009, 18:34
I have pre-ordered 10 games total from Game, and 9 of those came one day before release.

One of them came two days before. :)

(BAA will make 11)

Thanks man. Gives me hope that i may be able to get it 1 day before. 1st pre order should be a lucky one.

Solidkill3r
25th Jun 2009, 18:38
Thanks man. Gives me hope that i may be able to get it 1 day before. 1st pre order should be a lucky one.

No Problem, and i forgot....heres your warning!
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/jedimaxi/McMulla-After-i-RICK-ROLLED-KILL3R.jpg

CaptainMcMulla
25th Jun 2009, 18:52
No Problem, and i forgot....heres your warning!
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/jedimaxi/McMulla-After-i-RICK-ROLLED-KILL3R.jpg

:lmao:

CaptainMcMulla
26th Jun 2009, 06:42
Michael Jackson passes away.

Solidkill3r
26th Jun 2009, 13:16
Michael Jackson passes away.

Yeah heard about that earlier today.

door noob
26th Jun 2009, 16:34
Didin't even get to play the new Batman Arkham Asylum video game, bummer.

CaptainMcMulla
26th Jun 2009, 16:39
Didin't even get to play the new Batman Arkham Asylum video game, bummer.
:lol: & its harsh

CaptainMcMulla
28th Jun 2009, 23:12
59 days left