PDA

View Full Version : hope theres Greasels

murphy7801
6th Nov 2008, 15:14
since this is a prequel so unlikely that be in but maybe a proto-greasel would be fun.

Tracer Tong
6th Nov 2008, 15:53
it would be nice as a cameo (a dead mutated greasel can be pretty funny for loyal DX fans, and probably a nice model for the DX1 remakers should an SDK be released)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Nov 2008, 16:12
I would like to own my very own greasel, I think they are adorable. :o

murphy7801
6th Nov 2008, 16:30
i personally find incredibly annoying but pleasure to kill im praying for early genetic model bit like its stone age equivalent but hay one mans dream is another mans nightmare

Vasarto
6th Nov 2008, 16:33
I want one of the Grey as my pet. Either that or a whole bunch of mutated alien like beings that could be in the game but. Than it would make it a little too much like doom or drive it away from what we want it too be.

So maybe just a few new extra stuff like greasels.

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 17:03
Maybe they will have mechanically Aug'd aminals :D

murphy7801
6th Nov 2008, 17:27
what maybe combination of less advanced genetics and bio mechanical in creatures could be interesting don't just want robots and boring normal earth creatures

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 17:39
Lets just throw jar jar in here since we are talking about things that don't matter and have the potential to be annoying in the final product.

http://esaplaticaseperdio.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/jar-jar-binks-posters3.jpg

:thumbsup:

pha
6th Nov 2008, 17:40
Let me guess, it's a definite possibility?

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 18:02
Lets just throw jar jar in here since we are talking about things that don't matter and have the potential to be annoying in the final product.

http://esaplaticaseperdio.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/jar-jar-binks-posters3.jpg

:thumbsup:

Your free to ignore the discussion if you don't find that it is relevant.

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 18:07
It's not just jar jar or animals I'm talking about here. It goes much deeper than that.

Look at George Lucas. After episode 1 came out people were like, "whats up with jar jar? Totally dumb." and he was like, "Yyyyyyyyeeah... I'm gonna go ahead and keep him in the next 2 because I'm George Lucas and you're all still going to watch it because you love Star Wars."

The point is that he listened to what the fans were saying and just didn't care, and now EM is doing the same thing with auto heal.

It's not just EM. It's happening everywhere now unfortunately.

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 18:12
It's not just jar jar or animals I'm talking about here. It goes much deeper than that.

Look at George Lucas. After episode 1 came out people were like, "whats up with jar jar? Totally dumb." and he was like, "Yyyyyyyyeeah... I'm gonna go ahead and keep him in the next 2 because I'm George Lucas and you're all still going to watch it because you love Star Wars."

The point is that he listened to what the fans were saying and just didn't care, and now EM is doing the same thing with auto heal.

It's not just EM. It's happening everywhere now unfortunately.

So I take it your not a fan of greasels? I could care less if greasels are in DX3 although they probably won't be. I just want some cool enemies. Greasels and the other transgenics where fun to fight. Except for the big dogs that started with a "k?". I hated those SOB's :D

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 18:26
Nah, I really don't have an opinion about greasels one way or the other. I just hope they don't introduce anything annoying.

Although greasels were kind of annoying to me. They had so many hit points and their acid spit frustrating at times. They were a lot tougher than they appeared. I usually used the dragons tooth sword on them to save ammo. ;)

If there were no Greasels, or Karkians and Greys for that matter, I don't think the game would suffer from a lack thereof. :thumbsup:

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 18:36
Nah, I really don't have an opinion about greasels one way or the other. I just hope they don't introduce anything annoying.

Although greasels were kind of annoying to me. They had so many hit points and their acid spit frustrating at times. They were a lot tougher than they appeared. I usually used the dragons tooth sword on them to save ammo. ;)

If there were no Greasels, or Karkians and Greys for that matter, I don't think the game would suffer from a lack thereof. :thumbsup:

They all go along with the government conspiracy/cover-up.

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 19:14
I liked the Deathclaws from Fallout better. Created by the Enclave to be awesome or something like that. :D They were a lot cooler than Greys or Karkians or Greasels IMO.

They always describe them as "no one really knows where they come from..." but I know! :thumbsup:

http://www.rolemancer.ru/newspics/852_deathclaw.jpg

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 19:31
I think the Karkians could have been made to be a lot cooler. But you don't really hear people talk about the transgenics. They aren't really known, so how could any of the common people have anything to say(DX1 only). I know they had the greasel pits in DX2 though i've never played the game only the demo.

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 19:39
They remind me a lot of those creatures from Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. I don't remember what they were called and I can't seem to find a pic of one of them. I think they were a little bit bigger than the Karkians...:scratch:

Jedi Knight... another great game...:rolleyes:

foxberg
6th Nov 2008, 20:12
How about Gremlins and Critters?

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 20:20
How about Gremlins and Critters?
How about them????:scratch:

foxberg
6th Nov 2008, 20:22
Well, if there are no greasels we could have a greasel prototype that would look like one of those

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 20:55
Well, if there are no greasels we could have a greasel prototype that would look like one of those

Well I can't say that the Tech wouldn't be available, but I would rather them focus on mechanical things.

"Sharks with fricken laser beams strapped to their heads":D

Mr. Perfect
7th Nov 2008, 01:08
I forget what it was now, but somewhere long the line in Deus Ex 1 there was an explanation of what the Greasels where mutated from. Chickens maybe? Some sort of bird, anyhow. If they can't have Greasels, maybe they can give a kind of nod to them by having non-mutated birds caged up in genetic research labs. :) Most people wouldn't think anything of it, but fans would see these caged chickens and would know that these would become the Greasels.

Personally, I always like playing with the Greasels. My favorite ones where in Versalife. If you opened the door without making any kind of threat to them, they would be friendly towards you. I would always take out the gaurds in the level before letting them free, and then watch as the friendly Greasels dash about the lab, taking revenge on the unarmed scientists. :lol:

Oh, and I was always a little sad that the rumored red Greasels never showed up in IW. :(

murphy7801
7th Nov 2008, 01:27
well genetic tech to make greasels is not anything do with nanites so not impossible so maybe some manky half chicken half greasel monster would be a laugh just one in lab some where that would make me happy. thought there red greasels then again havent played iw since came out anyone know ?

VodunLoas
7th Nov 2008, 01:43
Here are some concept art from DX: Invisible War:

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/deusex2_conceptart_p60wx.jpg

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/deusex2_conceptart_wfpLk.jpg

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/deusex2_conceptart_HpbBf.jpg

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/deusex2_conceptart_4mHAK.jpg

Yargo
7th Nov 2008, 02:03
That Baboon is Pi$$ed off!!!! :D

Thats more on the line I was thinking though its funny it would be for Invisible War.

murphy7801
7th Nov 2008, 02:30
paint the baboon green and its ready for dx3 lol

Romeo
7th Nov 2008, 02:35
Dude, we do need some mechanically enhanced creatures, that'd be nuts. However I just wanted to let you know there's already a thread regarding mutants/greasels. Please continue the discussion there:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=80346&highlight=greasels