PDA

View Full Version : A deus ex 3 roleplay ?

general kane
6th Nov 2008, 12:42
anyone intrested in making one ( thy might depict it if u know what im saying :whistle: ) .

i have one in the shop but for someone to post .

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 13:13
What do you mean?

Deus Ex is already a roleplaying game.

Care to elaborate...?

general kane
6th Nov 2008, 13:34
yeah i know but i meant a TEXT based roleplay .

El_Bel
6th Nov 2008, 14:38
I tried based on World of Darkness rules, and it was kind of easy. Unfortunately i didnt find anyone who would like to play with me.. :(

I had a (prequel) story too!!!

What i would like to know is how many of the developers in EM have played D&D...

spm1138
6th Nov 2008, 15:32
Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat.

El_Bel
6th Nov 2008, 16:20
Wowowowow you mean roleplay here? now? In this forum? Yeah it could be fun, but what about rules and a storyteller?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Nov 2008, 16:23
LOL, we could take turns being the storyteller. I'll start... :D

Once upon a time, in the not too-distant future. a boy child was born and he was named Adam Jensen.

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 17:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7ehkQjdkI

:D

i love this...

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 17:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7ehkQjdkI

:D

i love this...

:lol: Thats great

general kane
6th Nov 2008, 17:45
will the roleplay isnt ur basic role a dice or something , its mainly a text roleplay , anyone have ideas :scratch: or something ?

im out of ideas :mad2:

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 17:48
Not much into roleplay. sorry I can't help ya :(

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 17:50
i love roleplaying, and I'd totally do it right here on this forum! :D

I want a mountain dew!!!

Augmented Cactuar
6th Nov 2008, 18:02
Nerds.

general kane
6th Nov 2008, 18:21
^

Fan boy

;)

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 18:28
^

Fan boy

;)

Yes indeed. :D

general kane
6th Nov 2008, 18:37
I R COOOL :cool:

anyways im working on the roleplay but i just want to know how many people are joining .

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 19:00
I'll join, why not?

But just so you know, a lot of my time is currently being invested in playing Fallout 3. It's kinda important to me...

Mindmute
7th Nov 2008, 11:41
Kind of odd. I can't decide if I think this is the best place to have that RP or not...

Anyway, if you guys want to do it with a little bit more organisation and control over the threads, feel free to PM and I think I can donate one of my old Freelancer Clan Forums for you to use (change the backgound and forum layout and voila).

I don't think I'll be participating though, those things were never very appealing to me.

DXeXodus
7th Nov 2008, 11:46
I don't think here would be the best place for a Deus Ex roleplay. This is a Deus Ex 3 forum and it is for the discussion of the upcoming game. A roleplay would basically be a cleverly guised post count game with not much relevance to the forum itself. If you can take Mindmute up on his idea that would be great though. :)

Romeo
7th Nov 2008, 16:31
I call dibs on the Sex Knight. I get +4 initiative to getting drunk at the tavern and then if there's girls there "I wanna do them!"

PS, anyone else notice the guy who says that is horny? Pun.

El_Bel
7th Nov 2008, 21:28
Once we had a roleplaing game in anotherforum and it turned out fine. The storyteller just said that there was a bar. Than everyone started to introduce their character and what they were doing in that bar. If anyone had an idea of a story (i liked the idea of searching for someone, and i had a rumor that he was hiding in the x place.) then along with his character introduction said something like "And Bel talked to his friend "We must find him!! I think he is hiding there" and if there was anyone who was interested in my story he would come along and talk to me (we could pretend that we know each other, or that he knew the one we were searching or he was a mercenary). When we got at the x place someone had the idea that it was a little boring and he introduced some bad guys... It was free form and it could work here, but if the thing goes well (15+ people playing) we would need a subforum.

GmanPro
7th Nov 2008, 21:30
Sounds like a lot of work to get set up...:scratch:

El_Bel
7th Nov 2008, 22:37
Not at all, the stories are formed by the players!! We could start with a thread called "The club" or "The lab" or whatever and than we could introduce some characters. I just have no time to write the description of the starting place. If anyone wants to create something, just dont give background informations. Let the players create it!!

zauxz
13th Nov 2008, 19:01
Im a templar from the future. I walked into construction site of UNATCO HQ. I stepped on a spider. I messed up the time and space continium and the world exploded. Sorry.
no rlly srry :D ill join if you start. Its not like im doing anything anyway.

AaronJ
13th Nov 2008, 23:41
Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat.

OH MY GOD. WIN.

/game

Lo Bruto
14th Nov 2008, 01:20
*Steps into the room.*

This whole thing of Deus Ex in this type of rpg makes me sick.
There's no one capable of acting like JC, nor Walton Simons. You're freakin' bastards.

*Disappear.*

:rasp:

Mindmute
14th Nov 2008, 17:43
*Steps into the room.*

This whole thing of Deus Ex in this type of rpg makes me sick.
There's no one capable of acting like JC, nor Walton Simons. You're freakin' bastards.

*Disappear.*

:rasp:

Phew.. I was worried he'd explain it to you guys a lo bruto...

Tycho
14th Nov 2008, 23:43
What's about Shadowrun (http://www.shadowrun4.com)?

It's cyberpunk with augmentations and all that stuff and it fits the Deus Ex Universe really well.

Even the UNATCO (with HQ on Liberty Island) exists in the Shadowrun Universe. This was a little homage to Deus Ex form the authors in a chapter about the United Nations.

cya
Tycho