PDA

View Full Version : st francis folly on tra.is it the best tr level ever????

TEARLESS SCOPE
5th Nov 2008, 14:09
:) i believe that st francis folly on tra is the best level on any tomb raider game ever.will tru be able to surpass it, i think it`s got it`s work cut out,what do you think???????:)

leo_croft
5th Nov 2008, 14:31
i think all levels in TR: U will surpass st.francis folly. (and all other levels of any tomb raider game LoL).

GeorgeMaciver
5th Nov 2008, 16:35
Yes, I think the St Francis' folly level of TRA is up for the award of best ever TR level. But then again, so are the Alexandria levels of TLR and the Venice levels of TR3 and the Japan level of Legend and the Tibet levels of TR2 and the Peru levels of TRA and the undersea levels of TR2 and . . .

:thumbsup:

Jurre
5th Nov 2008, 16:43
As long as I haven't played Underworld my vote goes to the England level in Legend.

Danieled10
5th Nov 2008, 16:43
;) Of course St.Francis Folly on TRA is awesome,but according to me the best level ever is Midas Palace on TR1,I think on TRA they made it too easy in comparison with the original one................

TombRaiderBabbii
5th Nov 2008, 16:49
why is this in the demo section? :confused:

_Love2Raid_
5th Nov 2008, 16:50
St. Francis Folly is the best ever!!! :thumbsup: (TRA looks beautiful, but the original TR was more exciting imo). An interesting fact is that they changed the name of the 'hammer-room'. It is now Hephaestus, but it used to be Thor...........I think they did that because Thor is not a god of the Greek mythology but from the Norwegian mythology, and Hephaestus is. They also changed Neptunus into Poseidon (same god, different names Roman Empire and Greece)
The Damocles room is my favourite by far :D

What does this have to do with TRU? :confused:

GeorgeMaciver
5th Nov 2008, 17:04
What does TRU have to do with this thread??? :scratch:

leo_croft
7th Nov 2008, 08:36
TR: Legend Japan Rockzz^^

Jezyk
7th Nov 2008, 11:02
Yeah, it's one of my favourite levels too (along with Japan, TR1 Caves and Lost Valley, and TR3 Thames Wharf)

_Love2Raid_
7th Nov 2008, 14:20
There are so many great levels.........:scratch:

I love West-Africa/Ghana in TRL too :D

_Tomb_Raider_
7th Nov 2008, 14:42
NO!!

Not for me!

brianthedog
8th Nov 2008, 12:28
This level is complicated and irritating. I never liked it. Neither in tr1 nor in TRA. I like all the levels in TR2, however. Escpecially in Venice...

briek
25th Nov 2008, 04:40
:) i believe that st francis folly on tra is the best level on any tomb raider game ever.will tru be able to surpass it, i think it`s got it`s work cut out,what do you think???????:)

I would have to disagree with the former half of this statement. I very much like all of Tomb Raider 2 better than St. Francis' Folly in TRA, and my favorite level would have to be either the first or the Wreck of the Maria Doria. I havent' started TRU yet, so I can't tell you about that bad boy. :D

mruottin
26th Nov 2008, 12:08
I think you could say that, yes.

It certainly is one of the most influential levels
in the history of gaming. A perfect example of
trademark vertical Tomb Raider-level design.

And this was in 1996, when gaming had just
passed the Wolfenstein 3D -era, where the
roof was always just above your head.

edit:
Oh sorry, you were talking about TRA. Well, I like that too,
but the original had more effect to the world of gaming...

aquario_1984
27th Nov 2008, 12:18
the lost valley: TR1

sanitarium: TRAOD

tomb of ancients: TRAOD

london: TRL, too short but very amospheric. and i definitely love the idea of having a church in a cave. very nice. also the catacombs were nice.

thailand: TRU but only ignoring the too short jungle and intro to the temple. would have been the best if they would have added more to explore in the jungle. like rests of a richards camping site., or lost expeitions giving a preview to what nagas can do at night.

ScarAnna
27th Nov 2008, 13:02
this is a tough one! there are so many great levels in all TR's...I think the level design in TR Last Revelation was so genious that it has to be one of the levels in that game, maybe the train level lol it was such a cool idea! I really can't name just one level, they were all great :o

CL489
28th Nov 2008, 00:17
I think St. Francis' Folly is the most iconic of all the TR levels, both the one in TR1 and the one in TRA (though TR1's was a bit more challenging and laid out a bit differently, I think. Not sure if I remember correctly though. It's been a while! :o ) When I think "Tomb Raider" I picture St. Francis' Folly. And the first level on TR3. And some of the more recent outdoor levels in TRL (like Ghana). I wouldn't necessarily call it "the best", though. It was one of the hardest for sure, but not the best. I can't really give that title to any one particular level. There are too many!

-CL

caiounder
28th Nov 2008, 00:29
Yes, I think the St Francis' folly level of TRA is up for the award of best ever TR level. But then again, so are the Alexandria levels of TLR and the Venice levels of TR3 and the Japan level of Legend and the Tibet levels of TR2 and the Peru levels of TRA and the undersea levels of TR2 and . . .

:thumbsup:

is this way to me too :thumbsup: