PDA

View Full Version : Stunt System

MrPibbs
5th Nov 2008, 04:49
With the new super-powerful mech augmentations and such, will DX3 have a new stunt system like Stranglehold or Action Half-Life? It could be quite interesting as long as flashing lights and special effects don't break the carefully crafted illusion like in Stranglehold.

GmanPro
5th Nov 2008, 05:24
I'm not sure I know what you mean by a "stunt system" and I'm not sure that I like the sound of it either... care to elaborate?

spm1138
5th Nov 2008, 05:53
http://reneeashleybaker.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/evel-knievel-jumping.jpg

GmanPro
5th Nov 2008, 05:58

Lazarus Ledd
5th Nov 2008, 07:16
DX had stunt in a sense that you used you creativity with Speed Enhancement. Combine that with crates, barrels, byou could do all kind of stunts, seriously.
A guy managed to somehow pull off a crazy stunt in DX:IW by jump on to the roof of the projection of the Liberty Statue. I've seen pics. though he could have i presume, flied up there. But that game was buggy so let's say he was lucky

imported_van_HellSing
5th Nov 2008, 07:45
9863487 Hit Combo!

ZylonBane
5th Nov 2008, 08:03
With the new super-powerful mech augmentations and such, will DX3 have a new stunt system like Stranglehold or Action Half-Life?
Get. Out.

Mindmute
5th Nov 2008, 09:28
Stunt system?
*hands the OP a helmet*
With some of the people around here, you'll need it.

Ok, now seriously. No. There's no need to break immersion with eye candy. Deus Ex has never been about eye candy, it's not Spiderman, it's not the Dukes of Hazard, it's DX. It's the gritty cyberpunk chronicles of a gritty near-future society. It's not fancy spotlights, cartwheels, backflips or riding a motorcycle into a pool of sharks.

If you want to mess around and do nutty stuff at the expense of the immersion, you can choose to do it yourself (I had a nice time doing that in DX, by trying to get to the street from Maggie Chow's rooftop by jumping down to several nearby structures along the way), but to make a feature out of it? No.
You had better hope the Devs don't read this and agree with you, otherwise I'm coming to get you... ;)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 11:03
LOL @ stunt system!
Well, I guess we could perform death-defying jumps across rooftops and juggle at the same time with our amazing tentacle augs. :D

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 11:05
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll293/lonestarJon/Motivation%20posters/facepalm.png

DXeXodus
5th Nov 2008, 11:05
And we could use our super-cyber jet boots (TM) to navigate the map at death defying speeds. It's going to be. like. so cool :cool:

:rasp:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 11:13
YEAH!!! :cool: :cool: OMG..... I can't wait!!! :D

Blade_hunter
5th Nov 2008, 11:37
I don't remember where is the post but we have talked about moves about the game mirror's edge and some other games like max payne or unreal tournament.

I think the moves is important even in DX I hope they were upgraded since the previous games

I think the moves must be a part of our character, covering, jumping, etc. are the most basic important moves in DX

If the skills are back I hope there is the case in the next DX.

Why I want a skill for that ?
It's simple we are in a RPG and if we have some upgrades we can unlock some special moves when the skill is upgraded

Our character have basic moves like any agent an the untrained state, but when we have the skill in a superior level we have some new moves and upgrade the basic ones
and the other steps will upgrade the unlocked moves and the basic and give newers

the agility is the most appropriate skill in therms of name, and combine all things about moves and the fact we can do them better

I say that in other posts, but DX if the game is closer to the first we can do some parkours like in the rear of the statue, the containers in the 747 airfield, etc.

just one thing UPGRADES !

imported_van_HellSing
5th Nov 2008, 13:08
Just give me mantling and I'll be happy.

GmanPro
5th Nov 2008, 17:05
Maybe a jumping aug. It would be kinda cool to be able to jump 15 feet in the air with the use of some augmented legs. Reminds me of force jump in the Jedi Knight games...

Anyway, just a thought, but I think that would be cool for doing things like jumping across rooftops or reaching secret areas. Good for exploring. :scratch:

spm1138
5th Nov 2008, 17:37
Hmm.

Getting to weird places with the jumping mod was a definite feature of DX.

The parkour thing would be a definite continuation of that... although you have to wonder what a mech aug cyborg weighs.

Ghost In The Shell shows the major being quite agile, although she is prone to bending things she lands on.

LatwPIAT
5th Nov 2008, 20:07
Hmm.

Getting to weird places with the jumping mod was a definite feature of DX.

The parkour thing would be a definite continuation of that... although you have to wonder what a mech aug cyborg weighs.

Ghost In The Shell shows the major being quite agile, although she is prone to bending things she lands on.

Indeed. (http://vladcorail.deviantart.com/art/Interrogation-in-the-Shell-60344350)

While JC had only nano-augmentations, mech-augs have plastic, artificial skinn, copper wiring, titanium, medical steel, actuators and the allike. A mech-aug would probably weight much more than a normal human, with intresting effects on society. (Imagine a mech-aug in a car, or climbing a ladder. Skreeeetch!)

Which reminds me, Jaime Reyes said in DX that mech-augs needed to repair themselves with Service Robots, but since JC was mainly flesh, he didn't need that and could use Medical Bots. Therefore, Adam Jensen, a mech-aug, would need both Medical Bots, for his fleshy parts, and Service Bots, for his augs. (This is, if Medical Service is require at all, we don't know how the Auto-Health works yet.)

Lazarus Ledd
6th Nov 2008, 11:25
With the new super-powerful mech augmentations and such, will DX3 have a new stunt system like Stranglehold or Action Half-Life? It could be quite interesting as long as flashing lights and special effects don't break the carefully crafted illusion like in Stranglehold.

http://i37.tinypic.com/34fei3k.jpg
No one would suspect AJ :cool: