PDA

View Full Version : Tru:who`s Going To Play It Again Once Completed??????

TEARLESS SCOPE
4th Nov 2008, 22:49
:( i absolutely love the tomb raider series and have played and completed all of them but have never found a reason to play them again once i have finished them,the main attraction to the series is what happens next???? which is great but once all locations have been visited and puzzles have been solved that`s it for me i`m afraid.even the hidden easter eggs won`t tempt me to replay it it`s play then ebay,anyone else feel the same????:(

chubbywubby
4th Nov 2008, 23:02
This Game has a LOT of REPEAT value so im up for ill play it Like hell!

Golden Laurel
4th Nov 2008, 23:02
:( i absolutely love the tomb raider series and have played and completed all of them but have never found a reason to play them again once i have finished them,the main attraction to the series is what happens next???? which is great but once all locations have been visited and puzzles have been solved that`s it for me i`m afraid.even the hidden easter eggs won`t tempt me to replay it it`s play then ebay,anyone else feel the same????:(

not me :rasp: I see what your saying, but i love to replay the levels, and it loooks like Underworld will have even more of a replay value. :D I heard in an interview, that when you play the game throught the first time you only see 50% of the game, the other 50% is discoverd whilst replaying it.

TEARLESS SCOPE
4th Nov 2008, 23:19
not me :rasp: I see what your saying, but i love to replay the levels, and it loooks like Underworld will have even more of a replay value. :D I heard in an interview, that when you play the game throught the first time you only see 50% of the game, the other 50% is discoverd whilst replaying it.

it`s only the puzzles that i have a main interest in and i will see 100% of them the first time i play it,they wont be puzzles anymore if i`ve solved them once already!!!!!!!!!:(

LC is Me
4th Nov 2008, 23:21
I still play TR3.

What do you think?
;)

Golden Laurel
4th Nov 2008, 23:23
it`s only the puzzles that i have a main interest in and i will see 100% of them the first time i play it,they wont be puzzles anymore if i`ve solved them once already!!!!!!!!!:(
Yah that's the one thing i get dissapointed about, once youve done a puzzle once, there's no point in doing it again, because its not a puzzle anymore. It would be cool if, like, everytime you went to do a puzzle it would, like, change or something. (if that made any sense :nut:) Basicly a differnt solution to the same puzzle when you go and do it over again.

TEARLESS SCOPE
4th Nov 2008, 23:26
Yah that's the one thing i get dissapointed about, once youve done a puzzle once, there's no point in doing it again, because its nto a puzzle anymore. It would be cool if like everytime you went to do a puzzle it would like change or something. (if that made any sense :nut:)

yeah it makes a lot of sense,great while it lasts though i suppose.

josh1122
4th Nov 2008, 23:26
Of course I'll replay the game, thats a silly question :rasp:

LC is Me
4th Nov 2008, 23:28
Yah that's the one thing i get dissapointed about, once youve done a puzzle once, there's no point in doing it again, because its not a puzzle anymore. It would be cool if, like, everytime you went to do a puzzle it would, like, change or something. (if that made any sense :nut:) Basicly a differnt solution to the same puzzle when you go and do it over again.
You guys make me feel puzzle-retarded.

I usually have to do a puzzle three or four times before I can do it in an instant.
):

It took me forever to get out of the Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess because of the puzzles. Imagine me in TRU.

Golden Laurel
4th Nov 2008, 23:34

I usually have to do a puzzle three or four times before I can do it in an instant.
):

It took me forever to get out of the Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess because of the puzzles. Imagine me in TRU.

Haha, sry (puzzle retarded... funny word :lol:) Though depending on how challenging the puzzles are in Underworld, it might take me 3 or 4 times... Underwrold looks awesome, not very linear at all, and realy challenging, Cd/Eidos have realy impressed me :D

TEARLESS SCOPE
4th Nov 2008, 23:35

):

unfortunately i already have a feeling that the puzzles in tru wont be that difficult.just a bit of common sense is all that would be required,puzzles in games are not so difficult these days as programmers like to keep them simple to keep the japanese gamers happy who love to finish games within a few hours so they feel good and complain if they cant.money talks as they say.

fbacall
4th Nov 2008, 23:39
I'll probably play it at least three times.

Once normally, once to get all the secrets, and once to do the time trials.

This is of-course assuming that I can unlock outfits or something cool by doing so.

When I'd unlocked all the outfits in Anniversary, I couldn't bring myself to attempt the time trials for the longer levels like St. Francis' Folly.

Golden Laurel
4th Nov 2008, 23:41
unfortunately i already have a feeling that the puzzles in tru wont be that difficult.just a bit of common sense is all that would be required,puzzles in games are not so difficult these days as programmers like to keep them simple to keep the japanese gamers happy who love to finish games within a few hours so they feel good and complain if they cant.money talks as they say.

I'd feel the same way, but this game seems differnt..idk :scratch: we'll have to wait and see.....

oh and p.s. Love your Screen name thing...... :lol: w/e its called

Edit: and the laughing guy wasn't directed at you, rather my stupidity....

TEARLESS SCOPE
4th Nov 2008, 23:44
I'll probably play it at least three times.

Once normally, once to get all the secrets, and once to do the time trials.

This is of-course assuming that I can unlock outfits or something cool by doing so.

When I'd unlocked all the outfits in Anniversary, I couldn't bring myself to attempt the time trials for the longer levels like Sir Francis' Folly.

ahhh yes the famous st francis folly!!!! great in tr1 the best level in any game ever made in TRA,tomb raider underworld will have to produce something special to improve on such a challenging level.i absolutely loved it in TRA but never replayed it once completed!!!!!!!

LunderworldC
4th Nov 2008, 23:44

I will definitely play it again!!! I'm 100% positive that the game is gonna reach perfection!!!

Spong
4th Nov 2008, 23:47
Even once I've completed it 100%, I'll still play it again. It's Tomb Raider.

pinpal
4th Nov 2008, 23:49
Yeah ofcourse I will replay it. the puzzles once figured out arent really puzzles I know But still the games are really really fun.:) Heck I still play tomb raider 1 all the way up to anniversary, I love tomb raider games:D

Kali84
4th Nov 2008, 23:52
something impressed me with the demo. i may be replaying this one. i replay the first one, but none of the rest really. the underworld demo had something about it that I felt with the original game. pretty excited to see how the entire game is here. heh

toughraid3r37
5th Nov 2008, 00:17
Of course ill play it over and over again. Not in order but i will replay levels so i can get really good at the game. Plus tomb raider is so much fun to play. It's like chocolate... you cant have just one :lol: :lol:

TF.Denis
5th Nov 2008, 01:10
yes i will play it again...more than 10 times!! in the previous series i was playing them again and again because i wanted to learn the story better...and of of corse find the remaining secrets...

MissJess
5th Nov 2008, 02:23
I replayed every game at least twice. I've played Legend SO much looking for the rewards and such, I could play it blindfolded. It's also so much fun to go back and simply admire the surroundings (: so of coarse I will re play Underworld, many times I'm guessing.

Rachie
5th Nov 2008, 02:38
I won't buy a game and NOT play it again. It shall not gather dust! :D

rg_001100
5th Nov 2008, 02:58
I've bought other games and not replayed through them. Although those games were more about the action rather than the environment...
The environments of TR (particularly TR:L/TR:A/TR:U) are beautiful, and it's awesome to be able to run around the environment once the bad guys are dead rather than have to move on and kill more bad guys... I can appreciate the action gameplay, though, of the games I don't replay (often).

Play "Myst". That will make you feel "puzzle-retarded"... :whistle:
Replayability of puzzles? For physical type puzzles, which TR has quite a few of, replayability is only possible with just "adding more enemies" into the mix. Not much you can really do with it and still have it be the same puzzle, and feel a part of the natural environment.
Code puzzles allow for at least having to find the codes again if the code numbers were switched around...

Replaying through TR:U? Yep. At least for the relics/secrets, and the time trials. I probably won't delete my saves and play again from scratch if I don't have to, though. And I'll probably take advantage of the unlocked cheats when replaying... :whistle: but apart from that...

Bampire
5th Nov 2008, 04:26
I replay all the games, whenever I'm in a mood for a certain location; due to the nostalgia it gives me.

Frenkie_Spenkie
5th Nov 2008, 18:06
I will replay it off course. I played every tomb raider again. Even angel of darkness i didnt have any problems with that one. Yeah off course the controlles but that's it. And the Underworld demo I play very much. Sorry if my english is confusing:whistle: Its not my first language.:lmao:

LC is Me
8th Nov 2008, 17:01
I hadn't brushed up on my TR skills when Legend came out, so when I was in Bolivia in the room with the three pads and the big door, I was like "OMG, wtf is this?"

I have a bad memory, so until I can remember how to do a puzzle like I can remember where every reward is, consider my puzzle retarded.
:)

eatlimegreen
8th Nov 2008, 17:07
I will definably replay the game it looks like a lot of fun and I seem to never find all of the artifacts in one run though.

crazyraider-147
8th Nov 2008, 17:09
I will of course play
it again :D

tombraidergal
8th Nov 2008, 17:33
This Game has a LOT of REPEAT value so im up for ill play it Like hell!

yeah it makes a lot of sense,great while it lasts though i suppose.

oh no! I play tr legend and anniversary all the time even though i have completed em both with rewards and everything, it took me 2 years to get all rewards in legend coz sometimes i like tr then i get bored and play something else. i would never ever sell my tomb raider games! My bro said trade em both in for tru and i literally screamed at him....

lanman
8th Nov 2008, 18:02
I'm going to play it again once completed ;)
Everytime I replay a Tomb Raider game, I uncover new secrets...

renegade101
23rd Nov 2008, 22:56
Bad news,

Once you finish the game (which is awesome) you cannot replay the levels! OR the Cinematics! WTH?:mad2:

Resy
24th Nov 2008, 00:25
considering that 12 years later and I'm still replaying classic tomb raider and know all the secrets and puzzles... I'm going to be replaying TRU for a while to come as well.

oldtraider
24th Nov 2008, 10:26
I'll certainly replay - many times,not just for all the treasures but to re-explore the areas and pick up the atmosphere. The puzzles etc still present challenges even when completed, and getting to do these and stuff like timed runs with ease that's a challenge to.

There's so much content and replay value in TRU it's worth running through it again

Tombfan#1
24th Nov 2008, 13:16
well I've finished already, to be exact I finished it the day I got it and now I'm replaying taking a slower pace to soak it all in and find all treasures and relics I've already found three relics the Med. Thailand and Hellheim :rasp: :rasp:

xtremescm
24th Nov 2008, 16:12
Absolutely! Let the games sit for a few months and play them again... Great story!

GoranAgar
24th Nov 2008, 16:20
I finished it and I will certainly replay it! http://www.eidosforum.de/images/smilies/addon/jump.gif

Atlantis3735
24th Nov 2008, 16:24
I've had TRU for 3 days and i've played it all the way through 3 times.
I'm about to go play Jan Mayen Island again in a moment, once i've done a few things.
:)

Jezyk
24th Nov 2008, 16:34
I've enjoyed it very much, but.... I'm not sure if I replay it. Not soon anyway.
I would have if I could replay whichever level and whichever part of it anytime I want to.

ZXcorr
24th Nov 2008, 17:25
I haven't finished it yet because I have a lot of assignments/projects right now.
But I don't think I will replay it soon after I've completed it.

The replay management is so bad. Why did they implement a system like this...

Newly_Calibrated
25th Nov 2008, 19:50
i just love to explore and look at the different scenes... takes me away from my mundane life of legal work. :D

i play TRL, TRA and TRU now, over on an "as needed" basis (you know, when you want to kill stuff or explore. lol)

we've already played TRU over again.

Resy
26th Nov 2008, 06:32
I just finished Underworld. Probably spent about 15 hours or so to beat the game. Probably my favorite levels are Thailand and Mexico.

I did not encounter a single glitch like everyone else is describing so I guess I count myself very lucky. I'm certainly going to replay this game.

UTWarden
26th Nov 2008, 17:21
oh hell yeah if just to do the hammer room again! :)

I played it on the X360, and I got the 100 Treasure achievement, I want em all, and all the Relics, I played threw TR:A(PC) god knows how many times, I think I'm missing 4 artifacts, and I have all the relics. about the same with TR:L(PC, X360).

TF.Denis
27th Nov 2008, 00:06
i`m confused...why you are band people?? i don`t like it! grow up!!! but i know why...some stupid litttle children can`t read bad words...oh my god...this will hurt their feelings...that`s why so many people here are 12 13 years old...stupid children!! go and band yourselfs and let people to feel free to tell their opinion..12 years old and playing tomb raider?? tomb raider underworld says 16+ not for stupid little children because they WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE GAME! that`s why they are stucking lots of times...they don`t have the mind to think a bit!

Madafak
27th Nov 2008, 18:56
Hmm i dunno..usually I finish any TR ..1-2times..more then that..dont think so..Still as i finished all Tr from her's beginning u getting a bit boored finishing it more then 1-2times...Exept ofc TR 1..i can do it 24/7..

Hmm..Im just bit disipointed coz in intro we all see that WarnerBross got hands ''dirty'' on this TR..yes game looks Most stunning awesome from all games from TR series..but its like OMG too short...

People/kids whatever u wonna call em..should know that Lara is Epic Icon of Pc games..and who didint Played All TR from TR series didnt feel what is Lara Croft all about..

Xbox?PS3? come on people..Lara is PC Icon and will stay like it for time being..

Callum Croft
27th Nov 2008, 21:38
I still play TR3.

What do you think?
;)

i luv TR3...lol :lol:

pleomax
28th Nov 2008, 07:27
tomb raider underworld says 16+

Mine says 12.

not for stupid little children because they WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE GAME!

You could teach a monkey to finish tomb raider, you hardly need to think to play it.

Spong
28th Nov 2008, 09:55
I'd like to go back on my original post in this thread...

Even once I've completed it 100%, I'll still play it again. It's Tomb Raider.

I have absolutely no reason to play the game any more. Actually, I don't mean "reason", I mean "desire". Although I've not got absolutely all the treasures (I've got all the Relics though), knowing that I'm earning nothing more than a load of rubbish artwork fills me with negative enthusiasm. Where are the unlockable cheats? Where's the all weapons/infinite ammo & adrenaline rewards? Where are the cutscenes to watch at my leisure? Where's a proper replay level option that doesn't render every single level completely bereft of interest (which is what Treasure Hunt mode does)?

This game has no replay value for me.

Jezyk
28th Nov 2008, 12:16
Actually, I think the environment artwork is great (always have been).
But for the rest, yeah I pretty much agree, they should have put more interesting unlockables.

estrella
28th Nov 2008, 18:58
If I had the Xbox version, believe me, I will play it again. :) But I have the Wii version and I will not torture myself again! ****