PDA

View Full Version : Who managed to...

lara 4 ever
3rd Nov 2008, 15:22
get down to Shiva using a game's bug? I've known that many ppl here have already accomplished this...
I need your help, lads!!!;)

josh1122
3rd Nov 2008, 15:39
Theres two ways to get down there

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rsEO1--fCk

then

2. I don't have the video for this one but it involves using the pole you pull out of the mechanism(right side), to drop down below

michael-croft
3rd Nov 2008, 16:41
i was the person who put up the original thread of how to get down to the shiva temple and fight the naga in the 1st place:D

but i probably wasn't the first but yay i think i started a rave (not an actual rave it's just an expression):p :p :nut: :nut:

snikda
3rd Nov 2008, 21:15
i have gotten down twice but i have only tried 3 or 4 times.

Wess~Gamer
3rd Nov 2008, 21:19
I used the first one of the ones given by josh ^
I don't really understand the other one.
But that doesn't matter cause the first way works perfect :thumbsup: only took me 2 or 3 times to get it right. ;)

Verios
3rd Nov 2008, 21:30
Managed to shimmy my way down there heh. Rather spiffy area ... just wish we could finish the puzzle! heh

fbacall
3rd Nov 2008, 22:10
The second way involves you picking up the rod/pole thing that you pulled out of the mechanism.

When you pick it up, it moves you backwards slightly, so you just keep doing this until you fall over the edge.

For some reason, if Lara's picking up the rod when she falls, she doesn't take any damage.

snikda
3rd Nov 2008, 22:25
i'll have to try getting down that way now that you have explained it. thnx

K^2
3rd Nov 2008, 22:37
The more interesting stuff there is when you climb out of the level. I found the room with a second crystal and two "buttons" that seem to be activated when you shoot at them. Haven't been able to figure out exactly what they do yet.

Spong
3rd Nov 2008, 23:50
The second way involves you picking up the rod/pole thing that you pulled out of the mechanism.

When you pick it up, it moves you backwards slightly, so you just keep doing this until you fall over the edge.

For some reason, if Lara's picking up the rod when she falls, she doesn't take any damage.

That's just mad :nut:, not to mention one hell of a bug (not losing energy from the fall). I'll give it a try though when I next play. Until now, I've always used the roofs on the left-hand side to get down to the floor.

K^2
4th Nov 2008, 01:14
That's just mad :nut:, not to mention one hell of a bug (not losing energy from the fall).
Something similar happens if you manage to attach yourself to something using grapple during the fall. You hit the ground and survive. However, in most cases, you do receive the fall damage once you release the grapple. Which really looks odd, because it looks like the grapple returning to Lara is what kills her.

rg_001100
4th Nov 2008, 01:54
Nope, haven't gone in that area, haven't tried, don't want to :)
I think doing things within the usual boundaries is polite... not necessarily how they'd hope us to do it, but without exploiting any bugs. It's clear to me that the intention was for the demo to end after solving a puzzle on how to get the lift/elevator mechanic working.

TF.Denis
4th Nov 2008, 04:12
I CAN PROOVE IT!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u2DGkoAqxk&feature=related

rg_001100
4th Nov 2008, 04:16
I CAN PROOVE IT!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u2DGkoAqxk&feature=related

Oh yes, proof indeed. :rolleyes: All the completely valid, reasonable statements saying the demo was are now invalid :rolleyes:

Rachie
4th Nov 2008, 04:30
Nope, haven't gone in that area, haven't tried, don't want to :)
I think doing things within the usual boundaries is polite... not necessarily how they'd hope us to do it, but without exploiting any bugs. It's clear to me that the intention was for the demo to end after solving a puzzle on how to get the lift/elevator mechanic working.

Aw, don't tell us they didn't expect something like that. :lol: You can't go any further anyway, because of the invisible barriers (one of the lizards was behind one, and every time I attempted to go through it would spit goo all over her and she'd lose health, ew). I'm sure they wouldn't care if we managed to get down, as long as we can't play the whole level. :rasp:

rg_001100
4th Nov 2008, 04:51
Aw, don't tell us they didn't expect something like that. :lol:

Being able to do it would be an indication that they didn't expect it :) Had they wanted to avoid this issue, simply placing "death" collision detection boxes for "out of bounds" areas for the demo build would be enough to stop people from getting there.

K^2
4th Nov 2008, 04:53
Aw, don't tell us they didn't expect something like that. :lol: You can't go any further anyway, because of the invisible barriers (one of the lizards was behind one, and every time I attempted to go through it would spit goo all over her and she'd lose health, ew). I'm sure they wouldn't care if we managed to get down, as long as we can't play the whole level. :rasp:
There is a way to make it to the other side of the wall, but it's difficult to find any solid floors there.

Rachie
4th Nov 2008, 04:57
Being able to do it would be an indication that they didn't expect it :) Had they wanted to avoid this issue, simply placing "death" collision detection boxes for "out of bounds" areas for the demo build would be enough to stop people from getting there.

And they didn't, so that tells me they aren't too worried. It doesn't matter.

There is a way to make it to the other side of the wall, but it's difficult to find any solid floors there.

Oh, oh! Tell me how! :D

rg_001100
4th Nov 2008, 04:59
I'm a fan of the traditional no-bug exploitation method of raiding. :) That's why I prefer to not go and fight the lizard guys, till the game is released (later for us in NZ).

Bampire
4th Nov 2008, 05:58
I have the demo on my computer, and my RAM is very slow. So it takes forever to get to one place to another, but I did try to go down there. But after dying and the very slow gameplay I decided to give up and try that once I buy the game itself.

Slate McLeod
4th Nov 2008, 09:53
Actually things have progressed rather further than discussion in this thread. The first of the Shiva mirrors has been located and at least one gamer has managed to get it and place it in Shivas hand activating the first of the light beams that shine into the crystal. To get to the mirror is a VERY difficult route and involves more of getting into places we shouldn't really be in. There is a long thread about this in another forum but I'm not sure if me posting the link to it will break any rules here?

Slate

Slate McLeod
4th Nov 2008, 10:02
The more interesting stuff there is when you climb out of the level. I found the room with a second crystal and two "buttons" that seem to be activated when you shoot at them. Haven't been able to figure out exactly what they do yet.

Those two "buttons" are the mirrors that need to be placed in Shivas hands..however only one of them is able to be picked up. the other is "phantom". Pick up the crystal and the one mirror and try and get back to a safe area where you can trigger a check-point.

Out of interest which route did you take to get there? Up Shivas arm and a long jump to the tree root, and then traverse along the tree onto a roofed area on Shivas left? This is where I keep getting stuck as I can't get past that large tree that is directly in my path. Have you got past it and actually got into the blue room then?

This is where I just can't get past :(

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Bazza_027/13.jpg

Slate

Devil666
4th Nov 2008, 19:49
Am I the only lame looser who can't go down ??? I've tried all ways described here, and on the other thread, and all you tube's .. still nothing .... many, many funny and irritating deaths and nothing ? :(

Slate McLeod
4th Nov 2008, 23:53
...the whole puzzle has been completed now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvY0kxrjnI

cool eh?

Slate

Slate McLeod
4th Nov 2008, 23:58
Am I the only lame looser who can't go down ??? I've tried all ways described here, and on the other thread, and all you tube's .. still nothing .... many, many funny and irritating deaths and nothing ? :(

You have to be a little persistant. Getting down there is actually very easy...it's what comes after that that gets hard :)

Generally going down on Shivas right hand side (left ifn you are looking at her head on) it can take on average about 8- 10 attempts at getting down...just depends how lucky you get. The great thing is there is a handy check point right before you traverse down so when you die you go right back to the ideal point for another attempt.

Slate

Devil666
5th Nov 2008, 07:16
@Slate ... Well thank you very much :) I'll try today again when I get home :)

brianthedog
5th Nov 2008, 10:20
I play the PC demo and I think that using a grapple to get down is not feasible, as the thing you grapple at is not available from the start. That "pole" that you grapple is vertical and you can't use it. To activate it (and bring it to a usable horizontal position) you have to lower one of Shiva's hands.

That's why I have found another way down. You go to the left part, at the point you are to shimmy to that block, so that you can go up next. There, at the point that you get a checkpoint.As you stand, you run on the left and fall on a surface of tiles. You lose a lot of your life bar, but you don't die.

Then with a little jumping you manage to go over some stones and find your self on the mechanism that lowers Shiva's right hand. Then everything is fine, except that I can;t solve the puzzle. I will have to have found the mirrors first.

Has anyone found that way already? I haven;t read all the posts yet...

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Nov 2008, 12:21
I'm a fan of the traditional no-bug exploitation method of raiding. :) That's why I prefer to not go and fight the lizard guys, till the game is released (later for us in NZ).

Me too. I fell into the Shiva area by accident, and when I could not find a way back or out without dying I realized I had found myself in an area I was not supposed to be in the demo. So as not to spoil the full game experience for myself when we finally get the entire game to play, I restarted and did it again, this time avoiding the area that triggered my being stuck.

I do not mind seeing off-limits areas of games, sometimes it's very exciting, but never until after I have actually played the game through, otherwise the story and immersion are broken.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I must say, I loved the demo. :D

Spong
5th Nov 2008, 12:27
It was more a case of just wanting to get the most out of the demo for me, having that little bit more to play. I guess I didn't want it to end. Once I knew it was possible, I couldn't help myself.
I can understand why some don't want to exploit the bugs in order to preserve that the experience of their first proper playthrough though :)

GoranAgar
5th Nov 2008, 13:55
Anyone remember bugsie the corner bug? It was the foundation of the traditional bug exploitation method of raiding. ;)

_Love2Raid_
5th Nov 2008, 14:49
I went down there. I already knew that it was possible and when I found out about the lizards (a few minutes later), I just had to go and kill 'em! :cool:

And of course, how can you resist to inspect that epic Shiva statue from a close distance?

Spong
5th Nov 2008, 15:00
Anyone remember bugsie the corner bug? It was the foundation of the traditional bug exploitation method of raiding. ;)

In all the years I've been playing TR, I only found out about Bugsie last year when I joined this forum. And I still can't do it :lol:

tombraidergal
5th Nov 2008, 15:50
Theres two ways to get down there

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rsEO1--fCk

then

2. I don't have the video for this one but it involves using the pole you pull out of the mechanism(right side), to drop down below

i cannot do that first one, it is soo annoying, i hate it so much! I keep dying going down that way, it works better than the pole way i always do which is much easier. how can you do that first one without slipping down, i cannot do it! Someone needs to show a split screen vid of it, like controller movements and above it the actual thing. that'd be a good idea.

Sina_Croft
5th Nov 2008, 16:04
that one with the pole is hilarious !!!

look what I've done XDXDXD

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Madenice/laraaaaastickies.jpg

I only threw a grenade !!! XD

but one thing, I did this on my laptop, as you can see.. the graphs are not that high XD
It went only smooth on it, when I got the resolution on 640-480 XD and the rest on low and off XD

tombraidergal
5th Nov 2008, 16:12
Those two "buttons" are the mirrors that need to be placed in Shivas hands..however only one of them is able to be picked up. the other is "phantom". Pick up the crystal and the one mirror and try and get back to a safe area where you can trigger a check-point.

Out of interest which route did you take to get there? Up Shivas arm and a long jump to the tree root, and then traverse along the tree onto a roofed area on Shivas left? This is where I keep getting stuck as I can't get past that large tree that is directly in my path. Have you got past it and actually got into the blue room then?

This is where I just can't get past :(

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Bazza_027/13.jpg

Slate

tip for you, game is only two weeks and two days away, get it, play the proper way and you won't need to bother with that! I have to say, i am kinda sick of thailand level now.

Atlantis3735
6th Nov 2008, 06:18
In all the years I've been playing TR, I only found out about Bugsie last year when I joined this forum. And I still can't do it :lol:

Haha really? It's as easy to achieve as getting down to Cali in the demo. :)

that one with the pole is hilarious !!!

look what I've done XDXDXD

Nice shot, I managed this as well. I hope that this bug is non-existant in the final game :p