PDA

View Full Version : Water

Icky6
2nd Nov 2008, 20:20
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but there is going to be water, correct? That was a terrible limitation in the DXIW and TDS engine. Ocean Lab in DX1... one of the cooler levels, I thought.

Jerion
2nd Nov 2008, 20:34
Let me answer this for Rene:

"It's a definite possibility" :D

Absentia
2nd Nov 2008, 21:28
Ah wow, thanks to DXeXodus and Kieranator, RĂ©ne pretty much has his work cut out for him...

K^2
2nd Nov 2008, 23:20
Well, Crystal Dynamics handles water pretty well. So there are no tech limitations that would hold E. Montreal back on that. But then again, wouldn't Adam swim sort of like a ton of bricks with all these mechanical augs? Maybe there will be a weight limit of some sort on swimming.

Yargo
2nd Nov 2008, 23:26
Well, Crystal Dynamics handles water pretty well. So there are no tech limitations that would hold E. Montreal back on that. But then again, wouldn't Adam swim sort of like a ton of bricks with all these mechanical augs? Maybe there will be a weight limit of some sort on swimming.

Or a swimming specific aug

Jerion
2nd Nov 2008, 23:44
Or a swimming specific aug

Tentacles.

Yargo
2nd Nov 2008, 23:51
Tentacles.

:( Please don't bring those up :mad2:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2008, 00:01
Tentacles.

Yup, exactly. ;) Octopus-style. :D

Yargo
3rd Nov 2008, 00:04
Yup, exactly. ;) Octopus-style. :D
:rasp:

K^2
3rd Nov 2008, 04:28
Tentacles.
That just can't end well. Somebody will find a creative way to mod that, and then ESRB will get involved. It would be a complete mess.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2008, 09:13

Hehe, I can't wait to get my tentacles and go for an underwater jet-propelled swim/exploration.

Jerion
3rd Nov 2008, 09:27
Hehe, I can't wait to get my tentacles and go for an underwater jet-propelled swim/exploration.

Combined with huge,open maps, I'll just forgo taking the minisub to the ocean lab. I'll just power-swim there!

DXeXodus
3rd Nov 2008, 10:04
Or, lets call it "cyber-swim" :cool: :D
That would just be so cool!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2008, 10:06
Yes indeed, I like! :cool:

I can't wait to go for a cyber-swim with my tentacles aug. :D

Gizmostuff
3rd Nov 2008, 11:01
This would be a good opportunity for the engine to switch over to 3rd person. I'd like to have a better point of view in this situation. And a better view of the tentacles too :)

Good thread Icky...

DXeXodus
3rd Nov 2008, 11:11
Good thread MrsP!

Oh no! MrsP has enslaved the mind of poor Icky6! How dare she.

:p

Gizmostuff
3rd Nov 2008, 11:23
I have no idea what you're talking about DXE :rasp:

haha!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2008, 11:36
Oh no! MrsP has enslaved the mind of poor Icky6! How dare she.

:p

My dark secret has been revealed! :eek:

LMAO :D

I have no idea what you're talking about DXE :rasp:

haha!

He means that I didn't create the thread. ;)

Gizmostuff
3rd Nov 2008, 11:42
My dark secret has been revealed! :eek:

LMAO :D

He means that I didn't create the thread. ;)

Yes, I know. I was covering up my typo :D

Looks like I shouldn't have skipped my white mocha today....

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2008, 11:42
Oh, hehe... sorry, I was slow there. :p :D

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Nov 2008, 13:26
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3788/transgenicspi2.jpg

:whistle:

Bluey71
3rd Nov 2008, 16:18
This would be a good opportunity for the engine to switch over to 3rd person. I'd like to have a better point of view in this situation. And a better view of the tentacles too :)

Good thread Icky...

Sure - but it still needs to be optional.

Absentia
3rd Nov 2008, 23:17

Man, Gunther and Anna really did get the raw end of the deal didn't they. If they'd known all this crap existed they wouldnt need to feel jealous of JC

Jerion
3rd Nov 2008, 23:19
^^
Gunther and Anna knew about it. They were just miffed that the NSF didn't hide out underwater and took it out on JC. ;)

imported_van_HellSing
4th Nov 2008, 06:14
I don't think that's an aug, either it's some sort of transgenic or... a hologram or something.

Yargo
4th Nov 2008, 16:30
Yes indeed, I like! :cool:

I can't wait to go for a cyber-swim with my tentacles aug. :D

Am I the only sane one here.:rasp: The whole tentacle idea is completely ridiculous!:mad2:

Sure - but it still needs to be optional.

Yes, yes, yes...... OPTIONAL!:thumbsup:

I don't think that's an aug, either it's some sort of transgenic or... a hologram or something.
Please...... (fingers crossed)

Oh and why isn't this picture in the images thread?

Jerion
4th Nov 2008, 18:13
Am I the only sane one here.:rasp: The whole tentacle idea is completely ridiculous!:mad2:

As ridiculous as Nanites shooting out of your body to remote-detonate oncoming explosive projectiles? :lol:

Dunno.

Yargo
4th Nov 2008, 18:20
As ridiculous as Nanites shooting out of your body to remote-detonate oncoming explosive projectiles? :lol:

Dunno.

Are you arguing for or against deus ex?:rasp: And to answer your question, NO as ridiculous as shooting attack bears out of a cannon (Red Alert 3)

(I'm arguing for it, and I'm gently poking fun at it. :p) Kieranator

HEY!!!! Only I edit My Response!!!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 09:21

It is now. :p

I had to remove one image of Barrett though, but it was similar anyway.

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 09:27
It is now. :p

I had to remove one image of Barrett though, but it was similar anyway.

Mods should be able to go over the image limit. :p

I really need to pay closer attention to when I'm hitting "Edit" and when I'm hitting "Quote". :whistle:

Mindmute
5th Nov 2008, 09:32
I really need to pay closer attention to when I'm hitting "Edit" and when I'm hitting "Quote". :whistle:

Don't fret... When I first became a moderator in another community (not related to DX) I accidentaly deleted entire threads :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 09:35
Mods should be able to go over the image limit. :p

Don't worry, I tried. :p
The limit remains the same, it appears. :(

Don't fret... When I first became a moderator in another community (not related to DX) I accidentaly deleted entire threads :D

Haha, that must have been a "curl up and die" moment. :D

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 09:41
Don't worry, I tried. :p
The limit remains the same, it appears. :(

Hey Rene, I got a request for you...:whistle:

Yeah, must have been. I'm almost afraid of merging threads here though, after reading through that entire DX 3 Information thread. I think that thread should magically disappear and then popup again fresh and uncluttered. :whistle:

Mindmute
5th Nov 2008, 09:47

Let's just say there was much berating by the powers that be and lots of "knew he'd go and do something silly like that:rolleyes: " from most of the community who knew me...
In my defense though, the mod interface and control pannel there were a total mess! :cool:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 09:52
...after reading through that entire DX 3 Information thread. I think that thread should magically disappear and then popup again fresh and uncluttered. :whistle:

I think the information thread is best left as it is.
We need some kind of 'general' thread for spontaneous conversation... :)

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 10:02
I think the information thread is best left as it is.
We need some kind of 'general' thread for spontaneous conversation... :)

I like that idea. Sort of an Chat About DX 3 thread that doesn't have much of a point other than to keep other threads from getting derailed?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 10:03
I like that idea. Sort of an Chat About DX 3 thread that doesn't have much of a point other than to keep other threads from getting derailed?

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 10:05
Exactly. :thumbsup:

Then maybe we should make that thread and stop derailing this one. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 10:43
Then maybe we should make that thread and stop derailing this one. :D
LOL.
But I think you misunderstood me (or I, you). I meant that the DX3 information thread IS already the spontaneous thread, hehe. :)

Well, yes, this is what is confusing me. :nut:
This image does look like its on some kind of projection screen in the public underground station, in the magazine scans, yeah?
So, not sure if its supposed to be just visual entertainment (or advertisement) for travellers at the station, or a superimposed image of an augmentation in the game. :scratch:

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 10:51
LOL.
But I think you misunderstood me (or I, you). I meant that the DX3 information thread IS already the spontaneous thread, hehe. :)

Yeah, I think I misunderstood you for a second. ;)

It's more of catchall thread now rather than specifically about DX 3 information. :p

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 10:55
Yeah, I think I misunderstood you for a second. ;)

It's more of catchall thread now rather than specifically about DX 3 information. :p

Solution? :)
Why not just rename that thread to something like "DX3 General Discussion Thread"? :cool:

Then delete our off topic convo. ;)

DXeXodus
5th Nov 2008, 10:58
Lol @ derailing a thread by talking about derailing threads. :cool:

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 10:58
Solution? :)
Why not just rename that thread to something like "DX3 General Discussion Thread"? :cool:

Then delete our off topic convo. ;)

Go for it. :cool:

And nobody will have to know. Nobody.

Lol @ derailing a thread by talking about derailing threads. :cool:

Quiet you! :D

DXeXodus
5th Nov 2008, 11:01
Quiet you! :D

Don't insult me peasant!

Feel free to delete this when you put this thread back on the rails ;)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Nov 2008, 11:10
LOL @ you guys.

Umm, I guess there isn't a problem with one more off-topic post. :o
I just tried to edit the title of the DX3 Information thread, but it only let me do it in the subcategory title. That has changed, but the main title as seen on the board hasn't changed at all, lol.

Looks like that idea was a no-show? :D

Jerion
5th Nov 2008, 11:13
Don't Worry MrsP, I figured it out and changed the real title. ;)

Since something reasonable came out of this convo :scratch: I think it's time we try and re-focus this thread on Water. :)

So. Water. It is very wet...

Yargo
5th Nov 2008, 15:45
^^^
Wow you guys :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------
So I was looking at the arm augmentation pics and the blade doesn't look like it could possibly fit in the arm. So maybe DX3 will feature a morphing metal?:scratch:
http://terminatorwars.com/Terminator%202/scene2.jpg

Yes I know this would also explain the tentacle theory =(

GmanPro
5th Nov 2008, 17:52
Please no...

spm1138
5th Nov 2008, 17:57
For all you guys know it could be a really abstract cigarette advert or something :rasp:

Yargo
5th Nov 2008, 19:48
For all you guys know it could be a really abstract cigarette advert or something :rasp:

I'll continue to hope for that or something else other than tentacle augs :D

So I was looking at the arm augmentation pics and the blade doesn't look like it could possibly fit in the arm. So maybe DX3 will feature a morphing metal?

I was only suggesting how the tentacles could possibly exist. I know in another thread Dxexedus commented that they could be telescoping. The picture however suggests otherwise.

Another thing to notice is that the tentacles appear to be from the persons feet. However the bungie jumping version was said to come form the back.

GmanPro
6th Nov 2008, 06:09
Moisture is the essence
of wetness...

and wetness is the essence
of beauty...

:lol:

Yargo
6th Nov 2008, 06:17
Moisture is the essence
of wetness...

and wetness is the essence
of beauty...

:lol:

merMAN pops :D

jordan_a
6th Nov 2008, 09:12
I think it was TES III Morrowind who introduced a high level of water quality am I correct?

DXeXodus
6th Nov 2008, 09:42
Not sure if it was the only one at the time. But for the time it was released in it had the best water effects I can remember.

Lazarus Ledd
6th Nov 2008, 11:10
Are we gonna drown adn die becasuse of all the mech equipment. Like in Thief3 Heavy..... :D
Can we swim without the special aug.

Lemme do it:

Let me answer this for Rene:

"It's a definite possibility" :D