PDA

View Full Version : installation

daygo
2nd Nov 2008, 15:48
Have downloaded pc demo and have played it twice, but in order to play it I have to first uninstall then click on set up to reinstall it, this of course takes time, is there any way you can click on an icon and play the demo without all this effort.:scratch:

lara778
2nd Nov 2008, 15:54
what os are you running?

Rai
2nd Nov 2008, 16:04
Have downloaded pc demo and have played it twice, but in order to play it I have to first uninstall then click on set up to reinstall it, this of course takes time, is there any way you can click on an icon and play the demo without all this effort.:scratch:

I have downloaded the demo, but I can't play it due to not having a powerful enough video card. But I am not sure why you feel the need to uninstall/reinstall the demo to play it. :scratch:

There is an icon that should have installed on your desktop. The most you have to do is set the settings again for things like shadowing? Also, surely if you can save the demo, all that will be done for the next time you play?

I could be wrong. As I say, I haven't even been able to play yet.

lara778
2nd Nov 2008, 16:10
in vista i had to go the long way around into programme files
eidos file
tru file
double click the tru icon or right click to send to desktop as shortcut, and use from there

xp just put all icons on the desktop for you real easy

daygo
2nd Nov 2008, 19:00
os is vista 64 bit hp:( :(

bingojubes
2nd Nov 2008, 19:40
works for me. been running 64-bit vista for awhile.

if you have the GAMES tab in your start menu, there is a shortcut to the demo, by default after installing.

daygo
2nd Nov 2008, 19:43
for some reason its not in there.;)

heller4u
2nd Nov 2008, 20:11
I have vista, I think I uninstalled it but I can't reinstall it! Help!

bingojubes
2nd Nov 2008, 20:46
run the setup again, then, if you still have it on your computer. the zip file you download has all the files to run the install. whne you are finished installing it, try NOT REMOVING THE SETUP FILES. given its a demo that isn't on any disc, try leaving the file folder u get alone. it may be looking for those files, especially the Bigfile.000 wherever you left them at.

if you keep deleting the folder it makes with the setup files in it, that could be why u have to keep reinstalling it.

pleomax
2nd Nov 2008, 20:52
The demo put the underworld icon in my games folder, don't no y it didn't in ur case.

daygo
3rd Nov 2008, 09:24
I wonder if someone could help me to install with clicking on the custom route instead of the standard route, maybe that will do it.:rolleyes:

daygo
3rd Nov 2008, 15:55
Am sorted I went into the custom function and placed demo where i wanted it then put icon on the desktop. this thread can now be closed if needed.:)