PDA

View Full Version : Larson - good guy?

Natla
2nd Nov 2008, 08:23
I just read this at the (admittedly not very objective) Tomb Raider Wiki;

Larson is a former United States Marine Lieutenant with seven years Special Ops experience. He was given a dishonourable discharge after a violent disagreement with his commanding officer - the nature of which was never made public. Following his release from military prison, Larson put his military expertise to good use, forging an admirable reputation with private mercenary forces around the world.

An "admirable reputation"? Where did that come from? Is that part of the official CD bio or just the wishful thinking of a deranged fan?

blonde croft
2nd Nov 2008, 08:24
it came from CD! on TRA you can unlock Bio's and his said that! :)

Natla
2nd Nov 2008, 08:28
Sergeant Conway did a perfectly adequate job when Natla Tech employed him on my security team. But "admirable reputation"? He's good at shooting stuff, I suppose, and obeys orders in exchange for cash, but he didn't get chucked out of the Corp for no reason. I'd publish his Natla Tech psych evaluation but I'd probably get sued.

heller4u
2nd Nov 2008, 18:54
NOOOO! If they bring Larason back I will be so mad! HE'S DEAD!!!!!!!!! If they bring him back then they better bring Kurtis back!!!!

PoLuna
3rd Nov 2008, 15:25
I agree to.Now i play in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The angel of Darcness, and i cant kill boas second time. Who will kill Kurtis?:confused:

Anarae
8th Nov 2008, 02:31
In Tomb Raider 1 and 5, he was nothing more than a rather unintelligent cowboy. In Anniversary, I suppose Toby Gard wanted to flesh him out a bit and gave him Hollywoodesque qualities in order to get the fans to sympathize with his death.

emzee
8th Nov 2008, 02:39
That would be dumb if they brought Larson back. He is DEAD after all and sort of annoying

Lexy
10th Nov 2008, 15:00
NOOOO! If they bring Larason back I will be so mad! HE'S DEAD!!!!!!!!! If they bring him back then they better bring Kurtis back!!!!

finally, somebody understands... :D i hate larson. i love kurtis.

naraku
11th Nov 2008, 10:04
I just read this at the (admittedly not very objective) Tomb Raider Wiki;

An "admirable reputation"? Where did that come from? Is that part of the official CD bio or just the wishful thinking of a deranged fan?

"Admirable reputation with Private Mercenary Forces around the world" Meaning he was a hired gun, and by admirable reputation, means he did his job well, a.k.a. killed a lot of people=Bad guy. Yup! that sounds like Larson alright, though it seems he became too infatuated with Lara and messed with level headed killer instinct, which got him killed.

Natla
11th Nov 2008, 11:07
If his reputation was as a "good mercenary", then I'd chose "workmanlike" or "competent" rather than "admirable" ... looking at his record, I suspect that some of his actions wouldn't have been acceptable in the regular army, and would probably verge on "war crimes". Would you call someone an "admirable Nazi" or an "admirable terrorist", for example?

pinpal
11th Nov 2008, 11:45
He is a good guy because he saved lara from the guy with the uzis in Anniversary remember. He meant to miss lara with his shotgun before she dived into the water:)

naraku
12th Nov 2008, 04:44
If his reputation was as a "good mercenary", then I'd chose "workmanlike" or "competent" rather than "admirable" ... looking at his record, I suspect that some of his actions wouldn't have been acceptable in the regular army, and would probably verge on "war crimes". Would you call someone an "admirable Nazi" or an "admirable terrorist", for example?

And yet their are people who would call someone an admirable Nazi or l l most notably it would be coming from them. Even bad guys have a code of honor. :lol: