PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

natebrooks
2nd Nov 2008, 03:07
People have been making alot of claims but I haven't been able to discover what version of the demo those have been playing on.
First has anyone played the Xbox 360 version?
I'm curious to know if these "camera problems" are an issue in the Xbox 360 demo version?
And are these problems exclusive only to the PC version?

josh1122
2nd Nov 2008, 03:11
People have been making alot of claims but I haven't been able to discover what version of the demo those have been playing on.
First has anyone played the Xbox 360 version?
I'm curious to know if these "camera problems" are an issue in the Xbox 360 demo version?
And are these problems exclusive only to the PC version?

Well I've played the 360 version since I have a 360. I honestly didn't have a problem with it, I'm sure its not only PC that have had trouble with the camera, but the camera(at least on 360) isn't as bad as people make it out to be, while it does have its flaws, its not as bad as it has been exaggerated to be.

Thats just my personal opinion as a 360 demo player, peoples views on this will differ. kinda really a ''see it yourself'' type of thing

natebrooks
2nd Nov 2008, 03:15
Well I've played the 360 version since I have a 360. I honestly didn't have a problem with it, I'm sure its not only PC that have had trouble with the camera, but the camera(at least on 360) isn't as bad as people make it out to be, while it does have its flaws, its not as bad as it has been exaggerated to be.

Thats just my personal opinion as a 360 demo player, peoples views on this will differ. kinda really a ''see it yourself'' type of thing

I don't understand why none of these problems were mentioned in any of the previews of the game before the demo was released.....I kind of disappointed by the negative reviews.
I want TRU to live up to the hype.

josh1122
2nd Nov 2008, 03:19
I don't understand why none of these problems were mentioned in any of the previews of the game before the demo was released.....I kind of disappointed by the negative reviews.
I want TRU to live up to the hype.

its been more negative on here than most other places it seems. Like a broken record as ive stated in other threads, you should see the polls and threads over at TRF, almost everyone loved it over there.

Don't get discouraged, this forum isn't the entire world :D :thumbsup:

rg_001100
2nd Nov 2008, 03:24
There are minor issues, that get exagerated here.
The camera could be better... but I never put the blame of Lara's death on the camera ;) (There was one time when the camera was confused whether it should be here or there, and swapped between the two... but apart from that it's pretty good.)
I don't think blind-spots are an issue. Lara's got an animation indicating that it's safe to jump before she jumps, if the camera has a blind moment.

Worth having, I'd think.

natebrooks
2nd Nov 2008, 03:30
There are minor issues, that get exagerated here.
The camera could be better... but I never put the blame of Lara's death on the camera ;) (There was one time when the camera was confused whether it should be here or there, and swapped between the two... but apart from that it's pretty good.)
I don't think blind-spots are an issue. Lara's got an animation indicating that it's safe to jump before she jumps, if the camera has a blind moment.

Worth having, I'd think.

Wait......what version are you talking about here?

its been more negative on here than most other places it seems. Like a broken record as ive stated in other threads, you should see the polls and threads over at TRF, almost everyone loved it over there.

Don't get discouraged, this forum isn't the entire world :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, I won't.

pleomax
2nd Nov 2008, 15:26
People complained about the camera in aniversary as well.

Really funny aniversary review., maybe he will make an underworld one!!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5-Tomb-Raider-Anniversary

Jurre
2nd Nov 2008, 15:35
Yahtzee is a cultural phenomenon. Though not all of his reviews are funny, this one is certanly not among them.