PDA

View Full Version : demo loads then reboots my computer. ??

Resy
1st Nov 2008, 18:09
I downloaded the demo. installed it just fine. It loads up to the menu, I selected "play demo" which then goes to the loading screen with Lara's text about Natla and the hammer. Then the screen turns black and my computer reboots.

This is my computer's stats.
GT5238E
Intel(R)Core(TM)2 CPU
6300 @ 1.86GHz
1.82GHz. 0.98 GB of RAM

I forget the graphic's card but its pretty top line also.

I'm not computer savy so this has got me confused.

trlestew
1st Nov 2008, 18:11
My guess is that you do not have enough Ram 0.98 is below the minium which is 2.0 without enough ram the game could crash like that and can crash your pc.

Resy
1st Nov 2008, 19:00
probably... sure glad I'm getting this for the PS3 instead.

I did get the demo to work but right at the point that I was getting into things, it closed the game but didn't reboot the computer. Said memory was low which I take it to be the ram. oh well. I saw enough now that I'm DYING for the demo.

I had gotten to the point that I could hear a tiger.

DudeĀ®
2nd Nov 2008, 09:07
Hey Resy please can u help me?
I got the same problem, the game loads up to the menu, I select "play demo" which then goes to the loading screen with Lara's text about Natla and the hammer. Then the screen turns black and my computer reboots...
How did u solve this please? Thank u!!! :(

GoranAgar
2nd Nov 2008, 09:13
The rebooting is a feature of Windows in case of an error. It has the nasty effect that when you encounter the error you have no way of finding out what actually cause the error because Windows reboots.

You can turn that reboot nonsense off.

1. From the desktop right-click on My Computer.
2. Click the Properties option.
3. In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
4. In Advanced click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
5. In the Startup and Recovery window uncheck the Automatically restart check box.
6. Click Ok.

Then run the game and look for clues that might tell us what causes the error. Have you updated all your system drivers?