PDA

View Full Version : worst deaths... EVER!

Gitb97
1st Nov 2008, 13:06
OKAY i was on the demo andi fell of this tiinnyyyy ledge close to the floor then BAM she was dead i was like OMG!! you dont die when your close to the floor and you fall! you just bleed and have baad leg problems and its really annoying.

and when i read a blog it said the sharks dont attack you unless you attack them and so i jumped in the water and a shark came and bit me befor i attacked the shark! i was like
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eidos lied! liers! i hate liers but i cant stay mad at eidos lmao... theeenn i was on the bit where lara falls on the rock climbing bit where the bats attack you and i fell and she died and i was sooooooooooooo mad!

OoxshlezarxoO
1st Nov 2008, 13:15
wow, i cant even play my demo. on my other computer i could because i had high standard CPU and graphics card, but the computer broke down :( so im not gonna play the demo. im sorry that the death thing was horrible. i hate it when lara dies for such illogical reasons.

Cheese is nice.
1st Nov 2008, 16:44
I had a laptop and someone closed it. Then at 54 percent complete, it shut down. Soy muy frustrado.

Resy
2nd Nov 2008, 00:27
you sure you didn't shoot at it from the boat? I swan dived into the water from the boat. Landed next to the shark. I swam around it a bit and it never attacked me.

Gimpy
2nd Nov 2008, 02:08
I wouldn't complain if I were you. Do you really want it so you have to drop 100 feet just to die. No, you want it to be realistic, not retarded. I don't believe that the ledge that you are talking about is to close to the floor because Eidos wouldn't make her die over a 2 feet fall, maybe an 9 feet tall. SO I think you have egsagurating [ew honorableness sp] a little. And you probably shot at the sharks, or shot your guns before you got into the water.

natebrooks
2nd Nov 2008, 02:51
OKAY i was on the demo andi fell of this tiinnyyyy ledge close to the floor then BAM she was dead i was like OMG!! you dont die when your close to the floor and you fall! you just bleed and have baad leg problems and its really annoying.

and when i read a blog it said the sharks dont attack you unless you attack them and so i jumped in the water and a shark came and bit me befor i attacked the shark! i was like
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eidos lied! liers! i hate liers but i cant stay mad at eidos lmao... theeenn i was on the bit where lara falls on the rock climbing bit where the bats attack you and i fell and she died and i was sooooooooooooo mad!

I think you've exaggerated a bit, but I have noticed in TRU Lara dies on much smaller falls than in any of the previous games.
But that's adds to the realistic factor of the game.
I know if a real human had fallen from that high they would have died or been severely injured....
But us as gamers need to decide if we want realism as we'd begged for years, or do we still want a video game.

Tihocan
2nd Nov 2008, 05:59
These things don't bother me - what does, though, is the rag-doll-sliding across the floor corpses.

But, this is nowhere as bad as the physics in AoD - I just started playing it again today to finally finish it off. I killed a couple of guards and they shot upwards like they had a rocket in their tailpipes.

I'd prefer if Lara/enemies just went thud, like in TR1. I don't think it'd be *that* hard to decrease velocity when dead...

Bampire
2nd Nov 2008, 06:27
It's a Demo. It's not polished. They're still working on the glitches, until shipping date.

blonde croft
2nd Nov 2008, 07:37
It's a Demo. It's not polished. They're still working on the glitches, until shipping date.

Amen, Sister! ;)
the fall is quite funny when she moves her arms! :lol: then BAM shes still as the wind

josh1122
2nd Nov 2008, 07:49
I've been making Lara do swan dives head first off shiva's statue straight to the ground :lol:

blonde croft
2nd Nov 2008, 08:03
I've been making Lara do swan dives head first off shiva's statue straight to the ground :lol:

Ouch! :lol: she must of broke a Nail :lol:

Tihocan
2nd Nov 2008, 08:29

I think it's more of a property of the engine.. Not sure how they implement it all, but it looks very similar to most engines with rag-doll in them.

It looks awesome when she crashes into something on the way down, and goes all floppy, I just wish they didn't all slide...

Chaostheory6682
3rd Nov 2008, 19:08
I wouldn't complain if I were you. Do you really want it so you have to drop 100 feet just to die. No, you want it to be realistic, not retarded. I don't believe that the ledge that you are talking about is to close to the floor because Eidos wouldn't make her die over a 2 feet fall, maybe an 9 feet tall. SO I think you have egsagurating [ew honorableness sp] a little. And you probably shot at the sharks, or shot your guns before you got into the water.

Where do you guys get your physics. Some of the places that you die in the game are rediculously close. 9 feet? what's gonna happen at 9 feet? I've jumped off of a two story building and landed on my feet just fine and walked off. that had to be a good 25 feet. heck my brother did a 30 foot dive off a cliff and all he did was brake a toe. so I know it's posible to survive falls from such heights.

kiss-bite
3rd Nov 2008, 19:15
Oh didn't you know? No criticisms are apparently allowed here! Peoples views that don't sit comfortably with the majority here are certainly not welcome, prepare to be an outcast!:D

Mr Croft
3rd Nov 2008, 19:22
:lol: :lol: ^^^^^^

Well, lots of people have been complaining about those falls, but it is only a demo ;)
And , in my opinion, they are quite realistic :D