PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Underworld Demo: PC vs 360 [SPOILERS]

_Love2Raid_
31st Oct 2008, 17:15
Has anyone played both demo's? If so, than can you please tell if you've spotted any differences?

I can't play both, because my PC won't run the game :(

sitombraider
31st Oct 2008, 17:26
the demo dont work on my pc it say i need directx 3d

can someone help me

Wess~Gamer
31st Oct 2008, 17:32
the demo dont work on my pc it say i need directx 3d

can someone help me

does this help?
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81793
your graphiccard is probaly under spec..

as for this thread.. I'll only be able to play the PC version (just 2 hours and 45 minutes to wait :p)

Angel Croft
31st Oct 2008, 18:24
I can wait for the real thing =D

mruottin
31st Oct 2008, 18:34
Looks pretty identical to me. Only difference is bigger native resolution on pc,
but that depends on the hardware I guess.

I didn't have any technical problems at all.

pleomax
31st Oct 2008, 20:27
Just played the pc demo, i'm hoping the only difference is the resolution that u can play it on.

The 360 is a powerful machine, i don't think the pc is better.

Z]-[ADOW
31st Oct 2008, 20:39
I had the same problem with my pc but i'll just wait and read what you guys think about it.Anyway those who have played both demo's is there a major distinction or no?Thanks.

mushroom079
31st Oct 2008, 23:40
Not in anything elase other than the graphics - they are all so more detailed. Lara glistens when out of water - her face is more detailed in game - the skin texture is a lot smoother and you can see the dirt clearer... the way the environment is so lush.... it's destinctlybetter than the XB version.

Oh - and her boobs jiggle.
Lol.

Verios
31st Oct 2008, 23:49
Just played the pc demo, i'm hoping the only difference is the resolution that u can play it on.

The 360 is a powerful machine, i don't think the pc is better.

PC version can sport a higher resolution, higher resolution "uncompressed" textures (though this relies more on the developer, there are some tricks you can do on the PC to increase texture quality in regards to the LOD bias, etc), better Anti-Aliasing (16xQ, 6xS, etc.), better texture filtering (8x,16x Antistrophic Filters ... most graphics cards these days can pull off both of these with little hit to performance), higher native resolution along with a wider variety, better sound (<3 my Auzentech X-FI Prelude with Dolby Digital Live, upmixing and what not! heh) and yes if you have a decent PC you can hook it up to an HDTV :D

But I'm not looking to start a PC vs Xbox pissing contest, just pointing out a 360 is not the better "if you've got the cash to spend". But for the average teenage gamer, yes they'd probably get a better deal going with the 360 version (but it's not necessarily the best version depending on budget .. and no my PC didn't cost me thousands of dollars! heh).