PDA

View Full Version : So...how's the weather?

Veppie
29th Oct 2008, 18:16
I remembered that TRU is supposed to have a dynamic weather system so I was wondering if the lucky xbox360 owners are noticing such a thing in the demo?

Post your weather and lets see if it's dynamic at all.;)

Jurre
29th Oct 2008, 18:27
( so happy togetheeuuuuur papapapaaa...)

Yeah, how is the weather? Is there any change a tropical storm shows up? Hurricane Natla hitting the coast of Thailand?

StuffedGamer
29th Oct 2008, 19:47
haven't noticed anything dynamic about it

_Love2Raid_
29th Oct 2008, 20:16
Nice and sunny :p

I think they didn't incorporate the dynamic weather system in the demo.

Veppie
29th Oct 2008, 20:21
Nice and sunny :p

I think they didn't incorporate the dynamic weather system in the demo.

That would make sense. I was just wondering... I would love to play the pc demo several times in different weather conditions. Guess we'll have to wait till the real game comes out.

Then we can complain about the bad weather (I'm dutch, we love complaining about the weather, today it's too cold;) )

_Love2Raid_
29th Oct 2008, 20:23
That would make sense. I was just wondering... I would love to play the pc demo several times in different weather conditions. Guess we'll have to wait till the real game comes out.

Then we can complain about the bad weather (I'm dutch, we love complaining about the weather, today it's too cold;) )

Hey! I'm Dutch too, and it was very cold today indeed :lol:

Going just a little bit off-topic now.......:whistle:

Dr.Willard
29th Oct 2008, 22:11
So this dynamic weather system, does this mean that the weather could vary on let's say Thailand? One day it may be sunny , the next rainy?

Golden Laurel
29th Oct 2008, 22:42
So this dynamic weather system, does this mean that the weather could vary on let's say Thailand? One day it may be sunny , the next rainy?

Idk? It would be cool if you could like choose what weather you want to play each level in :lmao: though i doubt it, but still, it would be awesom, we could go and like play thailand and make it snow!!! :lol:

Veppie
30th Oct 2008, 09:28

That is what would make it "dynamic" I believe it was confirmed in a preview. It should be somewhere on this forum. ah, found it:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=80405&highlight=dynamic+weather

Dr.Willard
30th Oct 2008, 10:29
Thanks Veppie. It seems I overlooked that feature. Nevertheless, I think it is a great idea. :)

kiss-bite
30th Oct 2008, 11:11
I think the weather system will only apply to the Mexico level.:( Who knows, maybe the arctic level as well.:)

Dr.Willard
30th Oct 2008, 11:31
Good point Kiss-Bite. It's always sunny in Avalon :)

m_gunselman
30th Oct 2008, 13:11
I think the weather system will only apply to the Mexico level.:( Who knows, maybe the arctic level as well.:)

Agreed. I don't think we'll ever see rain in the Thailand level. If it rained for a few minutes then it was sunny for a few minutes and back and forth, I think that would become unbelievable and annoying.:o I can't wait to see the weather in the Mexico level though.

josh1122
30th Oct 2008, 13:26
We'll have to wait and see which levels have the weather effects and what not.

Till then its always fun speculating :D

Wess~Gamer
30th Oct 2008, 13:27
wasn't there a screenshot somewehere of tailand at night (or atleast not sunny)?
dunno where it was, though.. :confused:
that could be because of that weathersystem..
who knows.

anyway, if it's true I think the first time you play a level the weather would always be what it is on the screenshots. and wheater you replay the level it's a suprise what weather you get :rolleyes:

blonde croft
30th Oct 2008, 13:27
:) the clouds move!

Veppie
30th Oct 2008, 13:59
:) the clouds move!

cool! now we never have to look outside ever again! :D

I sure hope it's not just the mexico level with dynamic weather. It would be realistic if it would rain in thailand as well sometimes. I mean, those plants and trees have to grow on something right?

josh1122
30th Oct 2008, 14:01
cool! now we never have to look outside ever again! :D

I sure hope it's not just the mexico level with dynamic weather. It would be realistic if it would rain in thailand as well sometimes. I mean, those plants and trees have to grow on something right?

I would like it sort to be like Oblivion, the longer you walk or stay in one area for long enough time, the game transitions from day/to night as if you were really there for hours on end

Jurre
30th Oct 2008, 14:05
Maybe its the dry season.

Is Thailand not one of those monsoon areas where it only rains for several months? -but when it does it rains cats and dogs-