PDA

View Full Version : Demo not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 10:38
i downloaded it 2 times and it never worked for both it get's to the loading screen of thailand and then stops in the middle of the last sentance it's really painful and sometimes it would finish the sentance and then the wheel in the background would just keep turning for 15 mins................. plz help me:mad2: :mad2: :( :( :mad2: :( i don't know what to do:scratch: :confused:

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 10:42
i downloaded it 2 times and it never worked for both it get's to the loading screen of thailand and then stops in the middle of the last sentance it's really painful and sometimes it would finish the sentance and then the wheel in the background would just keep turning for 15 mins................. plz help me:mad2: :mad2: :( :( :mad2: :( i don't know what to do:scratch: :confused:

Your 360 might be over-heating if its causing it to skip like that or pause like that

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 10:44
Your 360 might be over-heating if its causing it to skip like that or pause like that

how can i get it fixed???:confused: :confused: :confused:

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 10:47
how can i get it fixed???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Try leaving it off for 10-20minutes and then re-trying it, might give it time to cool down. My brother had problems with his freezing up/over heating but he kept messing it with and ignored it and then got the RROD :lol:

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 10:49
thnx if i don't work i'll say............ or scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when you play the demo do you need to be connected to xbox live???
If it don't work i'll get a either a 360 cooling station or 360 intelcooler
well i read that on youtube i have no idea how it helps but i'll try.

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:01
thnx if i don't work i'll say............ or scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when you play the demo do you need to be connected to xbox live???
If it don't work i'll get a either a 360 cooling station or 360 intelcooler
well i read that on youtube i have no idea how it helps but i'll try.

Nah you don't have to be online to play it,just to download it.

Also yeah it would be a good idea to get a fan, not one that clings to the back of the 360 though, those melt directly into the system.

Get a fan for the 360 that the 360 stands on,Pelican. It plugs directly into one of the USB ports of the 360 and is on until the 360 shuts off. I've had it for along time and its only $20 or so

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 11:11
thnx sooooooooooooo much ur a life saver................ well xbox 360 saver:D
that shoud be an advert "get your new josh1122 now only $20 or if ur in the UK (like me) £10" :p

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:14
thnx sooooooooooooo much ur a life saver................ well xbox 360 saver:D
that shoud be an advert "get your new josh1122 now only $20 or if ur in the UK (like me) £10" :p

hehe no problem :D

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 11:19
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pelican-Wireless-Network-Adapter-for-XBOX-360_W0QQitemZ330281404054QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330281404054&_trkparms=72%3A1416%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is this it???
or is it this??? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Pelican-HD-VGA-AV-Component-Cable-For-Xbox-360-UK_W0QQitemZ230299513000QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230299513000&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:24
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pelican-Wireless-Network-Adapter-for-XBOX-360_W0QQitemZ330281404054QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330281404054&_trkparms=72%3A1416%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is this it???
or is it this??? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Pelican-HD-VGA-AV-Component-Cable-For-Xbox-360-UK_W0QQitemZ230299513000QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230299513000&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

your pics aren't coming up, something similar to this works.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/80/49/26/08/0080492608646_500X500.jpg

Intel like this one in the picture or the Pelican brand that looks the same, just without the glow lights

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 11:26
thnx soz about da pics u rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :D

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:27
thnx soz about da pics u rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :D

I've had my xbox 360 since it was first launched(released) and had a Pelican fan about 3 months after I got my 360 and haven't had a problem with my 360 yet using the fan :thumbsup:

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 11:33
kwlio 1 more Q. can you use american ones on a british one???
Lara here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:38
kwlio 1 more Q. can you use american ones on a british one???
Lara here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't matter. They all plug into one of the USB ports of your 360, its how they get their power. There is also a switch on the front that lets you turn it off and on if you want, otherwise it shuts off when your 360 shuts off.

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 11:40
get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thnx thnx thnx u rock i'm soooooooooooooo excited:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 11:43
get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thnx thnx thnx u rock i'm soooooooooooooo excited:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No problem. Anytime :D :thumbsup:

Jurre
31st Oct 2008, 23:09
Its just wunderfull! I've downloaded it three times, along with lots of programs that are supposed fix it: of course nothing works and now I'm stuck with loads of useless garbage on my pc. Gotverdekankerdejezusdetyfusdegotver!!!!!!!!
All those computers and technological hardware to perfect the science of making the longest swear word ever.

KasigiYabuSama
3rd Nov 2008, 03:10
I get past the Eidos/CD/WB intro screen, then to the menu - where everything seems to work OK - but when the Coastal Thailand splash screen comes up, the text lines load (haltingly,) and the graphic turns in the background (also haltingly,) and...there it sits.

None of the controls have any effect - Enter, Esc, nothing. I have to do Alt-Esc just to bail out, then right click and Close to get out of the program.

Right now I've uninstalled and am re-downloading (~groan~) and will give it another try, this time picking some lower-res settings on setup.

Spong
3rd Nov 2008, 03:25
I get past the Eidos/CD/WB intro screen, then to the menu - where everything seems to work OK - but when the Coastal Thailand splash screen comes up, the text lines load (haltingly,) and the graphic turns in the background (also haltingly,) and...there it sits.

None of the controls have any effect - Enter, Esc, nothing. I have to do Alt-Esc just to bail out, then right click and Close to get out of the program.

Right now I've uninstalled and am re-downloading (~groan~) and will give it another try, this time picking some lower-res settings on setup.

I've had a similar problem with the loading of the level from the demo's title screen. How long have you actually waited at the splash screen?

It doesn't happen to me every time, and I've tinkered with options to see if they're at its root, but it just seems to happen regardless. Sometimes the level loads in as little as 10 seconds, but other times I've had to sit and wait the best part of five minutes (and that's not an exaggeration, I've timed it now that it's happened more than once).

KasigiYabuSama
3rd Nov 2008, 03:38
I've had a similar problem with the loading of the level from the demo's title screen. How long have you actually waited at the splash screen?

Maybe I'm too impatient. I've let it sit for a couple minutes, but you get to that point where you start to think about the concept of eternity and what Ben Franklin said about wasting time and that it's the very stuff of life, and a kind of raw panic sets in.

Right now I'm going to do the driver update for my graphics card - an Nvidia 6600, which the FAQ thread says is too wimpy for the game (thanks guys) - so maybe that'll help.

But it looks like I'm going to have to shell out some serious bucks for yet another hardware upgrade. What's a top-of-the-line graphics card run these days, something like $300? So roughly $350 to play the latest Tomb Raider. :eek: And I suppose I should just add another $150 on top of that for the obligatory Geek Squad house call, to iron out the graphics card upgrade system glitches...

I hate to be negative, but I miss plugging in my Sega Saturn, slapping the TR1 disc into the top and jumping right into gameplay without further hassle.

Like that old UFO tune goes, "Oh my, oh how the times have changed..."

:mad2:

Spong
3rd Nov 2008, 03:57
My specs aren't that great, I have a 2.8Ghz Intel Celeron CPU, 1GB of RAM and a GeForce 7600GS with only 256MB of onboard RAM. My graphics card is also using old drivers, I rolled them back a long while ago when I started getting problems with playing video files.
The demo runs fine for me on that setup, the only time it lags is when I put the anisotropic filtering up to x16.

But I still get that random loading anomaly from time to time :scratch:

rg_001100
3rd Nov 2008, 04:51
I hate to be negative, but I miss plugging in my Sega Saturn, slapping the TR1 disc into the top and jumping right into gameplay without further hassle.

Why don't you get a console then? :) This sort of thing is normal for PC games, and most PC gamers find it worthwhile.

KasigiYabuSama
3rd Nov 2008, 05:04
Ok, I got into it. All of the motion is hurky-jerky though, about 3 frames per second, which is like regular vision after your tenth pint of bitter...

The controls are a whole new level of screwy too, which is what I've had to fear (with confirmation) with every new TR release from AOD on.

- When I push action/interact she does a real sloppy spinning kick rather than what used to happen when you push action/interact, like... shooting the guns or climbing ladders. Spinning kicks don't get the shark shot, and don't get me up the ladder;

- When she's climbing up the rocks and you push jump, for some reason the grapple comes out...?

I've been pleading (in vain, from the looks of it,) since Legend that there be a simple toggle in setup that reverts all basic controls to the classic configuration - jump jumps; action makes you climb/grab/pull/pick up whatever you're pointing at; action after you pull your weapons makes them shoot; action underwater makes you swim in whatever direction you go, with the up/down making you swim up/down (imagine that!); the camera stays locked in a forward-looking position from just over and behind her shoulder, unless you go into Look mode, etc. - with additional functions accessible via additional keys/buttons.

Why would that be so hard to build into the control scheme? Why do I need to scale a massive new learning curve for a new level of control complexity with every new release? The beauty of the original Tomb Raider games was their simplicity and intuitive control scheme. All of that has been tossed out the window in favor of complexity-worship, and that's unfortunate.
:confused:

rg_001100
3rd Nov 2008, 05:08
Why would that be so hard to build into the control scheme? Why do I need to scale a massive new learning curve for a new level of control complexity with every new release? The beauty of the original Tomb Raider games was their simplicity and intuitive control scheme. All of that has been tossed out the window in favor of complexity-worship, and that's unfortunate.
:confused:

a) Techinical issues (as a result of your PC) -> get a console.

b) What's so hard to understand about the newer control scheme? It's easier to use than the classic games, not harder. Less intuitive, slightly, but once you get used to the subtle difference that the controls are relative to the camera (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/rg_001100/Controls/TRL_CameraControls.jpg), rather than relative to Lara (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/rg_001100/Controls/TR4_LaraControls.jpg), it's easy enough. (Maybe if you played a FPShooter it could help you get used to the controls).

And they don't have the "use" button for shooting any more... they have the "shoot" button for that :)

KasigiYabuSama
3rd Nov 2008, 05:18
The thing is, I regularly play exactly one (1) game release after release: Tomb Raider. Once in awhile I find something else worth playing, but in any case...I'm not going to shell out yet another $350 for a game console when I've got a near-new PC I've just sunk close to $1500 into, just to play a single game, or half a dozen games.

And you're ignoring a basic question here: Why should any Tomb Raider fan have to buy new hardware?

To release a game with the expectation that your customers will be just fine with sinking umpty-hundred clams on new hardware is not just unrealistic, it's rude.

"Controls relative to the camera rather than relative to Lara" is "easy enough"? Says who? If the new control scheme were "easier to use than the classic games, not harder," we would not be having this conversation.

Sorry, but labeling a thing what you want it to be doesn't magically make it so.

rg_001100
3rd Nov 2008, 05:29
The thing is, I regularly play exactly one (1) game release after release: Tomb Raider. Once in awhile I find something else worth playing, but in any case...I'm not going to shell out yet another $350 for a game console when I've got a near-new PC I've just sunk close to $1500 into, just to play a single game, or half a dozen games.

And you're ignoring a basic question here: Why should any Tomb Raider fan have to buy new hardware?

To release a game with the expectation that your customers will be just fine with sinking umpty-hundred clams on new hardware is not just unrealistic, it's rude.

"Controls relative to the camera rather than relative to Lara" is "easy enough"? Says who? If the new control scheme were "easier to use than the classic games, not harder," we would not be having this conversation.

Sorry, but labeling a thing what you want it to be doesn't magically make it so.

"Why should any Tomb Raider fan have to buy new hardware?"
Because the graphics are that great :) You may understand that making a game on old hardware just isn't plausible if making games for newer consoles/machines as well. For PC especially, the amount of hardware combinations that have to be dealt with just gets too great.
It's the trend in the market to get better graphics. Regardless of whether you care about better graphics or not (and secretly, we all do), it happens and we must pay for it.
If you are unable to play more than one game, then forking out money is an unfortunate sacrifice the gaming market in general (not just one developer or publisher) forces you to make, not because they hate you, but because it's unrealistic to be able to expect them to.

Controls are different to what you want to get used to, but the controls don't require precise movements in gameplay ( = easier). Whether it is easier for a small range of people who aren't so used to other games is a different issue. Making both control schemes available (relative and immediate controls) would be a nice feature, might stuff the camera up further, though.
The controls are completely consistant, and the only issue of complexity I could see would be context-sensitive controls. Although no button is used as widely in TR:U as the "Use" button was used in the classic games. Please forgive me if I cannot comprehend what you find difficult about them. :)
I see the controls as just as intuitive as the controls for the classic games. It's what you see and want Lara to do, rather than what Lara sees and you want Lara to do.