PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS / When DX3 is released.... I expect this forum will be very quiet! Or not?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2008, 00:32
I was just thinking that when we take possession of DX3 many of us may not be visiting the forum for a while, hehe. :D
Perhaps I'm wrong about that.... will you still sign in to view the board?

For me, (apart from the fact that I'll be busy playing the game) my absence will be because I don't want to read any game information whatsoever!!!

I know from experience with the beloved Thief fan missions I enjoy playing, threads SOON get filled with questions from players who are stuck; or posts about how awesome this or that was, which inevitably give away the storyline or clues I really didn't want to see. Some people forget to utilise the "Spoiler" mode. :mad:
Though I do admit that I frequent these threads when I get stuck... :o :whistle:

With DX3, however, I don't want to read anything at all, lol. I intend to play the game entirely without influence from this forum.
Hopefully, I'll remain true to my intentions...
If I keep losing in combat.. I'll persevere; if I get confused or stuck with a certain task, I'll try to retrace my steps.
I can see me writing capacious notes just to make sure I'm not missing any subtle clues or important hints, ha!

Sure, after about a week of 'getting nowhere' I may have to wave the white flag and give up. Curiosity will get the better of me and I'll have to return to the forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem, lol. ;)

I just hope the "Spoiler" threads are well-organised because I'm going to be hating it if I accidentally get an eye-full of information I didn't want/need to know.

What about you guys? :p

spm1138
29th Oct 2008, 00:58
test

Hmmm. Can we get that to totally black out the spoiler?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2008, 01:20
Hehe, I can see you won't be giving away any clues. :p

But what about the "innocent" hints in general conversation that always happens?
An entire post is hardly going to be completely blocked out by a spoiler. You know, something like:

"Oh yeah, and I love the bit where Adam had to scale the Shanghai restaurant building in order to find another way into Barrett's office. But for anyone who locates the hidden elevator, the code is4321

See what I mean? :mad:
:D

*EDIT*

OMG, I've just noticed that the text under the spoiler bar is still visible! That's even worse!!!! :eek:

Jerion
29th Oct 2008, 01:56
Yeah, once I buy DX 3 I won't be on these forums until I finish it once. ;)

So no worries.

GmanPro
29th Oct 2008, 02:51
I might come back on if I'm looking for mods or something like that. But I think I'll play it through once or twice first lol.

DXeXodus
29th Oct 2008, 03:37
Well, I am on the forums during the day while I am at work and I do all my gaming in the evenings so I will probably be here still. Especially so because, well, it's my job to be here :D

I am also worried about seeing spoilers though because of having to read through everything on this forum.

rynn taylor
29th Oct 2008, 03:47
Yeah, once I buy DX 3 I won't be on these forums until I finish it once. ;)

So no worries.

Ditto for me.

Larington
29th Oct 2008, 07:50
I'll be busy hiding from the Angry Internet Men... You know... In the game.

MaxxQ1
29th Oct 2008, 09:01
I don't mind spoilers all that much, so I'll possibly pop in once in a while.

That said, I doubt the board will quiet down too much. First off, you're gonna get all the people screaming bloody murder because the game won't work on their machine. Next will be the complaining about this feature or that, that will bring the nitpickers out of the woodwork. And lastly, you'll get all the people who think it's even worse than IW.

Add in everyone who just won't be able to contain their enthusiasm for the game, and I think it's safe to say that this board will NOT quiet down much.

I've seen similar threads on other boards for other games, and if anything, the message traffic INCREASED on or after release.

However, I DO think a spoiler sticky (or even subforum) would be a good idea.

DXeXodus
29th Oct 2008, 09:34
That said, I doubt the board will quiet down too much. First off, you're gonna get all the people screaming bloody murder because the game won't work on their machine. Next will be the complaining about this feature or that, that will bring the nitpickers out of the woodwork. And lastly, you'll get all the people who think it's even worse than IW.

I can't wait. :eek:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2008, 10:53
I can't wait. :eek:

Hehe, my sincere condolences go out to you. :D

So, anyway, am I the only one who can still see the text under the spoiler bars? :eek:
Maybe its my screen/browser settings? :scratch:

TEST:
Can you see the hidden message?

If you can read this, then using a spoiler will be a complete waste of time.
HELP!!!!

MaxxQ1
29th Oct 2008, 10:57
Yep...I can read it just fine.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2008, 11:01
OMG.... now I'm worried. http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/chewnails.gif

I wonder if the board settings allow for a darker spoiler bar to be implemented? :scratch:

Tracer Tong
29th Oct 2008, 11:16
I know from previous experience that until DX4 is announced I'll never go back to these forums after the game is released (and I've had at least one playthrough) again.

As for spoilers (select the text to see):
The name of the main character in DX3 is not Adam Jensen but Aaron Jeans!
In order to do this, by the way, insert a "navy" color tag inside the spoiler (the dark blue from the color selection)

DXeXodus
29th Oct 2008, 11:16
I can't see the text. Maybe your brightness/contrast values are a bit off. :scratch:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Oct 2008, 11:20
I know from previous experience that until DX4 is announced I'll never go back to these forums after the game is released (and I've had at least one playthrough) again.

In order to do this, by the way, insert a "navy" color tag inside the spoiler (the dark blue from the color selection)

Okay, good solution.:thumbsup:
But I think we should ask admin to make the colour default. :)

Absentia
29th Oct 2008, 12:26
We should have a big "farewell and good luck" thread at the day before release.

Okay, that's lame.

WindexChugger
29th Oct 2008, 13:56
I see myself as a bit of a purist in "no spoilers." For TV shows, I don't watch the "Next time on XYZ," when the new LOST season starts showing, I'll be turning off the car radio on my drive to school, I haven't read anything from the DeusEx3 article that had story info other than the first line of The hero is Adam Jensen(sp?) and he works at... and I quickly shut my eyes and scrolled down:P

I'll definately take a break from forum reading when DX3 is released; like MrsP, I want to go through the story, explore most of the (hopefully) massive levels, try to find some of the secret weapons, etc by myself. No hints, no spoilers, no nothing.

,WC

Tstorm
29th Oct 2008, 19:53
I will probably be here because my computer is a load of **** and it probably won't work until I buy a new one... Deus ex 3 will cost me about 2000$ give or take. So please... let it be good !!!

Red
29th Oct 2008, 21:00
Actually... If they release a demo, and if the demo will suck, you'll never see me here again. (Well, after a fair amount of rant-a-licious posts, of course)

Good bargain, eh?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Oct 2008, 23:58
Just make sure you rant in the correct thread then. :p
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81548

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Nov 2008, 07:26
Excuse the double-post, but wanted to bump up this thread anyway. :p

Just to let everyone know that the spoiler tag has been sorted, now nobody should be able to read the text under the blue bar. Excellent.
Thanks to Admin for sorting this out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jerion
13th Nov 2008, 07:46
Yay! Now spoilers do their job! :)

AaronJ
13th Nov 2008, 15:51

It took me about 5 minutes to find a way to read that. That just goes to show how bad I'd need an intelligence aug. :nut:

Keir
13th Nov 2008, 15:59
w00t

imported_van_HellSing
13th Nov 2008, 17:57
Thankies. :)

Laokin
14th Nov 2008, 07:57
I really think there will be TONS of spoilers flying around. I also think this will be the result of people thinking the game Tanked. I anticipate outrage the first month the game is out and then dead silence.

Then DX is DOOMED. EM is going to say the DX IP is dead, as in there is not enough interest in the IP to warrant a new one. Then we can all cry about the demise of Deus Ex.... until 15 years down the road when some how a DIE HARD fan is going to obtain the license and do it justice. Only one problem... most of us will be really old.

*sigh*
That's my prediction... I really hope I'm wrong, but that is what's in my heart.

GmanPro
14th Nov 2008, 19:32
I really hope you're wrong too Laokin. :thumbsup:

Jerion
14th Nov 2008, 19:48
I willon have known he'll be wrong. ;)

Behold the past future tense

GmanPro
14th Nov 2008, 20:21
^^

nice. :thumbsup:

redfordd
1st Dec 2008, 05:38
I like how BioWare has their forums set up. Each game has one forum for general discussion about the title clearly marked No Spoilers Allowed and has another forum for storyline and strategy discussion clearly marked with a spoilers warning. If I get reallly excited about a title I do like to jump online occasionally to read what others are saying and to interact with others feeling the same way whilst playing. I mostly just read but I have been known on occasions to start posting if I am excited enough and a new Deus Ex game certainly hits high on the excitment level for me. See I am posting already.

jordan_a
1st Dec 2008, 06:20
I trust our moderators friends realize that when DX3 is released they will be forced to stay on the forum to answer all kinds of enquiries. :D

There's no escape from this my dear lads, so don't you try to run away! :lol:

Jerion
1st Dec 2008, 06:22
I trust our moderators friends realize that when DX3 is released they will be forced to stay on the forum to answer all kinds of enquiries. :D

There's no escape from this my dear lads, so don't you try to run away! :lol:

Nuts. :(

TO THE MODMOBILE!

jordan_a
1st Dec 2008, 06:26
MODMOBILE!Gotta show it now!