PDA

View Full Version : i got to fight the naga(big lizards). wanna know how?

michael-croft
28th Oct 2008, 14:10
ok i was playin the demo and after you activate the lift the demo ends... i didn't activate the lift i went exploring and after a fall that i thought would have killed me got me to another kinda area place where i got to fight the naga (big lizards) and i also found out how to put the stones in the statue of shiva so what i'm saying is i got farther than the lift and the demo is still goin so i can wonder about this area that your not meant to in the demo.

i'd put up a vid or pics but i cant so just try to visualise.

when your like unhooking the big ropes to make the elevator work you have to use ur grapple on 1 then the other you have to remove the pole from. the one that u remove the pole from is where i fell and survived, so wat i did was pick up the pole and walk over to the ledge to the right of the mechanism. and stand right up at the kedge and drop the pole wat this did was make me fall onto a little ledge thing so all i had to do was roll towards the small wall then it glitched and i rolled through the wall. if you have no idea wat i'm talking about but if you do the lizards spit acid and you and they are hard to kill but its fun :rasp: :rasp:

_Love2Raid_
28th Oct 2008, 14:13
NO WAY !! :eek:

I will try that soon................:D
But where does the demo end then??

Rexie
28th Oct 2008, 14:14
I know. Actually, you can complete the cog puzzle in TRA demo too. I just want the PC demo, so I can test to complete the WHOLE level.

michael-croft
28th Oct 2008, 16:46
the demo ends when u un-jam the wee elevater and then it goes to an adrenaline moment but then the demo stops but i got past thgat and am tryin to figure out the puzzle

Mr Croft
28th Oct 2008, 16:55
I know. Actually, you can complete the cog puzzle in TRA demo too. I just want the PC demo, so I can test to complete the WHOLE level.

Whole level? :confused:

_Love2Raid_
28th Oct 2008, 18:21
So you used a glitch to get down and there isn't another way? :confused:
From what I can remember, the ledge with the elevator or the ones to the side are very high and just jumping down would definitely kill her instantly.......................

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 18:23
I tried it exactly the way it was described and it works. Trying to figure out the puzzle though... and those are BIG lizards down there!!! :eek:

_Love2Raid_
28th Oct 2008, 18:31
Whoohoo!! I'm going to try that right now (I have to start all over again...................aww, too bad :D )

Atlantis3735
28th Oct 2008, 18:33
I've been trying to get to a *locked* area all day. I'll try this again when I get back.

I just love the demo, and the Naga look absolutely awesome! Hope I manage what you have! :D

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 18:49
Not trying to be a spoiler or anything, but has anyone figured the shiva puzzle out? Unfortunately your field assistance does no help with that since you bypass the elevator down to the bottom.... Anyone got any ideas beyond the obvious?

UNDERTOMB
28th Oct 2008, 19:37
have you guys gotten to the very bottem, or the section where there is tihs weight that brings shivas arm down?? with the three flipping poles!:o

AK_chicago
28th Oct 2008, 19:40
Not trying to be a spoiler or anything, but has anyone figured the shiva puzzle out? Unfortunately your field assistance does no help with that since you bypass the elevator down to the bottom.... Anyone got any ideas beyond the obvious?

i've heared [from somene who played this level thru]that for shiva puzzle you have to:

put 2 mirrors in both shiva's hands...well i guess he has more than 2 hands...you have to of course find those mirrors and be able to play beyond the demo..which i guess some people are able to do by bypassing the elevator i hope this works.

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 19:57
i've heared [from somene who played this level thru]that for shiva puzzle you have to:

put 2 mirrors in both shiva's hands...you have to of course find those mirrors and be able to play beyond the demo..which i guess some people are able to do by bypassing the elevator i hope this works.

Any idea where these mirrors can be found? I've been able to bypass the elevator on the side with the pole you have to pull out, but unable to get beyond this area here....

Atlantis3735
28th Oct 2008, 20:00
I can't do this puzzle either, i'm actually stuck :eek:
Shame field assistance aint on my side.

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 20:03
I can't do this puzzle either, i'm actually stuck :eek:
Shame field assistance aint on my side.

I believe you have to get the arms even so the left arm of shiva releases its grip on the thing in it. Grab that and put it in the rod sticking out of the wall by the drop to the lowest area, but I've tried speed running for it before putting the cage under the platform, but it's just a few seconds too quick...

AK_chicago
28th Oct 2008, 20:04
Any idea where these mirrors can be found? I've been able to bypass the elevator on the side with the pole you have to pull out, but unable to get beyond this area here....

no, i'm sorry this is all i know, but this review gives some clues..i think :)
With the Naga sorted it's on to the temple's main puzzle - lowering Shiva's arms. The trick is to place hidden gems (for the purposes of the demo they're easy to find, expect to be searching long and hard) in Shiva's palms, creating beams of light that, in true Raiders of the Lost Ark style, point the way to glory. The light needs to be properly reflected via a figure of eight puzzle with moving statues. Once appropriately positioned, the light causes Kali to push down her arms and reveal a secret passage underneath the temple. ....and from a different source: Speaking of puzzles, the scale of these brain teasers is probably the largest ever included within the franchise, and frequently have a number of moving elements that transforms the entire stage. For example, in the Thailand level, Lara will need to acquire two gems to put into the giant Shiva/Kali statue that dominates an open courtyard. These items themselves are held within a giant underground cavern, locked behind gates and guarded by Naga, bats and other threats. To liberate these you'll have to balance your scaling of columns and your attacks on these creatures. Once you manage to gather these items and return to the courtyard, you have to move across the square, rappelling from one side to the other to set these gems in the hands of the statue so the rays of the sun can be harnessed and reflected into an area. By manipulating the rays, Lara can open a new pathway and continue along her journey.

article sources:
http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:X_nRPsP4DL8J:www.videogamer.com/ps3/tomb_raider_underworld/preview-1149-3.html+tomb+raider+underworld+shiva+puzzle&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
http://videogames.yahoo.com/ps3/tomb-raider-underworld/preview-1257959-2

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 20:10
no, i'm sorry this is all i know, but this review gives some clues..i think :)
With the Naga sorted it's on to the temple's main puzzle - lowering Shiva's arms. The trick is to place hidden gems (for the purposes of the demo they're easy to find, expect to be searching long and hard) in Shiva's palms, creating beams of light that, in true Raiders of the Lost Ark style, point the way to glory. The light needs to be properly reflected via a figure of eight puzzle with moving statues. Once appropriately positioned, the light causes Kali to push down her arms and reveal a secret passage underneath the temple. And it's here that the demo ends.
article source:
http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:X_nRPsP4DL8J:www.videogamer.com/ps3/tomb_raider_underworld/preview-1149-3.html+tomb+raider+underworld+shiva+puzzle&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

From what I can ascertain from the article....

people have been saying "the demo ends with the elevator once you have freed the two ropes of it. But in fact, is it possible that the demo just ends if you fail to survive the adrenaline moment?

AK_chicago
28th Oct 2008, 20:19
From what I can ascertain from the article....

people have been saying "the demo ends with the elevator once you have freed the two ropes of it. But in fact, is it possible that the demo just ends if you fail to survive the adrenaline moment?

hmmm...well, i think people who wrote the article just got to play beyond where the demo ends for us...i think media and press got to play further in the game in order to rate/review the game. i hope you can still find those gems/mirrors, or maybe you have to lower the elevator in order to solve the final puzzle... in any case, i don't think surviving the adrenaline moment has anything to do with the length of the demo :)

michael-croft
28th Oct 2008, 20:22

ok so wat i did is wen ur at the elevator and its jammed u can either start at the right or the left if you want to get to the ground floor where the statue is you have to go to the left.
wen u pull the hoop thing to un-jam the rope u go to the left and you have to jump in a way so that before you die you get the checkpoint.

then you have to jump in the wee scale thing so that you get lowered doen and the other scale gets lifted up.

you'll then see the (x) icon so that u can grapple something.

you have to grapple a pole thats facing up then pull it down this allows you to slowly walk down the wall backwards to the statue.

once you get down you will face ALOT OF ANGRY LIZARDS THAT ARE FAST AND SPIT ACID. THE RED ONES ARE BAD ASS.

but you cant complete the level because if you use the help thing were lara gives you a clue she says" you should try the hall-ways but you cant go into the hall-ways because theres an invisible wall. after this theres nothing much you can do all you can do is walk around because you cant get back up to the elevator to finish the demo.

and if you look closely wen your doin the free climb at the really high point you can see the lizards crawling over the shiva statue. its really cool#

hoped this helped you guys

Jurre
28th Oct 2008, 20:23
once you get down you will face ALOT OF ANGRY LIZARDS THAT ARE FAST AND SPIT ACID. THE RED ONES ARE BAD ASS.
Why are they more bad ass than the others?

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 20:24
hmmm...well, i think people who wrote the article just got to play beyond where the demo ends for us...i think media and press got to play further in the game in order to rate/review the game. i hope you can still find those gems/mirrors, or maybe you have to lower the elevator in order to solve the final puzzle... in any case, i don't think surviving the adrenaline moment has anything to do with the length of the demo :)

According to the article, you have to make it to the bottom to some underground cave to get these gems, so either you have to survive the adrenaline moment or that's just where the demo ends.

In Eric's blog the other day about the demo, he said:

"We also wanted to show an area that was unusual for Tomb Raider games, but in the end the Thailand expedition is just so beautiful and full of play opportunities that it really was the only choice. And despite the fact that the demo ends basically at the doorstep of the big central puzzle complex, it still provides more gameplay opportunities and minutes than most other game demos Iíve played."

Source:
http://www.tombraider.com/server.php?show=ConBlogEntry.25

AK_chicago
28th Oct 2008, 20:30
According to the article, you have to make it to the bottom to some underground cave to get these gems, so either you have to survive the adrenaline moment or that's just where the demo ends.

In Eric's blog the other day about the demo, he said:

"We also wanted to show an area that was unusual for Tomb Raider games, but in the end the Thailand expedition is just so beautiful and full of play opportunities that it really was the only choice. And despite the fact that the demo ends basically at the doorstep of the big central puzzle complex, it still provides more gameplay opportunities and minutes than most other game demos I’ve played."

Source:
http://www.tombraider.com/server.php?show=ConBlogEntry.25

well, it's a proof that the demo does end at the adrenaline moment, we are not suppose to go down at all...michael-croft says there are invisible walls if you attempt to solve the shiva puzzle...

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 20:32
well, it's a proof that the demo does end at the adrenaline moment, we are not suppose to go down at all...michael-croft says there are invisible walls if you attempt to solve the shiva puzzle...

Oh well, at least some of us have been able to get further than they wanted us to get in the demo. Moving 1 of shiva's arms isn't a big feat, but it's something. :)

AK_chicago
28th Oct 2008, 20:37
Oh well, at least some of us have been able to get further than they wanted us to get in the demo. Moving 1 of shiva's arms isn't a big feat, but it's something. :)

yep! we sure showed thEM who they're dealing with!!! :lmao:

michael-croft
28th Oct 2008, 20:41
ok so you have to lower both of shiva's arms

then you have to make your way to the ground level were you have to go through 2 passages which are the hallway things.

in there i'm guessing you get the mirrors to put in shiva's hands then you have to angle the small little buda statues that are holding mirrors in their hand on the ground floor so that the sun will reflect of shiva's hands to the buda statues to this gem thing that is shone in the shiva's mistress' head and then i'm guessing a cinematic will happen then you go farther into the level but we don't know that part is and some1asked are they more bad ass than the normal 1's.

no they arn't they just look cooler but just as bad lol

chubbywubby
28th Oct 2008, 21:05

I read your post somewhere that you were not gonna play TRU! huh! why all of a sudden want the DEMO lol:) :D

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 21:11
ok so you have to lower both of shiva's arms

then you have to make your way to the ground level were you have to go through 2 passages which are the hallway things.

in there i'm guessing you get the mirrors to put in shiva's hands then you have to angle the small little buda statues that are holding mirrors in their hand on the ground floor so that the sun will reflect of shiva's hands to the buda statues to this gem thing that is shone in the shiva's mistress' head and then i'm guessing a cinematic will happen then you go farther into the level but we don't know that part is and some1asked are they more bad ass than the normal 1's.

no they arn't they just look cooler but just as bad lol

So you've done all of this in the demo? I was able to get down to lower shiva's left arm like your start of this thread, but have gotten stuck there. Were you able to get further?

Atlantis3735
28th Oct 2008, 21:15
How do you get down to Shivas left arm? I'm dying to get down there!
I went down the right side (where the pole you took out for the lift was) but I want to go down the left side as well. Any hints or tips you can give me?

What you said about the checkpoint was a bit vague. Where abouts is the checkpoint? Other alternative ways of getting down?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 21:35
I've discovered something from what Michael Croft initially started this thread about...

I've just discovered you can get down on the left side (if facing shiva) just like michael croft explained how to get down on the right side (with the pole), except on this side, you can drop down on either side of the rope with the pole in it. Look down there from the opposite side and you'll see tiny ledges.... :D

donnabright
28th Oct 2008, 22:51
ok so wat i did is wen ur at the elevator and its jammed u can either start at the right or the left if you want to get to the ground floor where the statue is you have to go to the left.
wen u pull the hoop thing to un-jam the rope u go to the left and you have to jump in a way so that before you die you get the checkpoint.

then you have to jump in the wee scale thing so that you get lowered doen and the other scale gets lifted up.

you'll then see the (x) icon so that u can grapple something.

you have to grapple a pole thats facing up then pull it down this allows you to slowly walk down the wall backwards to the statue.

but you cant complete the level because if you use the help thing were lara gives you a clue she says" you should try the hall-ways but you cant go into the hall-ways because theres an invisible wall. after this theres nothing much you can do all you can do is walk around because you cant get back up to the elevator to finish the demo.

and if you look closely wen your doin the free climb at the really high point you can see the lizards crawling over the shiva statue. its really cool#

hoped this helped you guys

I know where the hoop thing is, I went left, the the ledge you climb up on to get there to the hoop, is that where I would jump from? What check point? Do I have to grapple..I don't get it, where to jump or where to go. I'm trying. :lol:

donnabright
28th Oct 2008, 22:55
I've discovered something from what Michael Croft initially started this thread about...

I've just discovered you can get down on the left side (if facing shiva) just like michael croft explained how to get down on the right side (with the pole), except on this side, you can drop down on either side of the rope with the pole in it. Look down there from the opposite side and you'll see tiny ledges.... :D

Um.. you mean where I grapple the ring and pull it out, this is where Shiva is? So where do I stand and what rope?
I need a picture for this. :lol:

FIREnICE2003
28th Oct 2008, 23:02
Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work again. I dropped off the ledge similar to how you do it with the pole in your hand on the opposite side and a 1 in a million shot, I got down on the left side (if you are facing Shiva from the elevator)..... I've tried for about an hour to redo what I did, and I can't get it. :/

Atlantis3735
28th Oct 2008, 23:06
Oh well, I think I will just wait for the actual game now.
It's been cool to try out these dodgy moves though. Definitely worth it for fighting the Naga, they are so cool. :D

1q2q3q4q5q
28th Oct 2008, 23:56
has anyone atually got to fight the naga?

FIREnICE2003
29th Oct 2008, 00:00
has anyone atually got to fight the naga?

Yeah. You can get down pretty easily via a glitch by Shiva's left arm and fight some down there.

1q2q3q4q5q
29th Oct 2008, 00:27
to get down using shiva's left arm do you just drop off it and hope you don't die or is there something u need to do or a certain part u need to fall off?

FIREnICE2003
29th Oct 2008, 00:56
to get down using shiva's left arm do you just drop off it and hope you don't die or is there something u need to do or a certain part u need to fall off?

Please check the beginning of this thread. Michael Croft's explanation works perfectly. Once you figure out what you have to do, pretty easy to get down..

blahblahperson
29th Oct 2008, 01:45
also i have a question for the people that played the demo
does it feel like TRA or TRL at all?
not literally "feel", like the atmosphere and the way you do stuff

cdboyles
29th Oct 2008, 03:31
ok i was playin the demo and after you activate the lift the demo ends... i didn't activate the lift i went exploring and after a fall that i thought would have killed me got me to another kinda area place where i got to fight the naga (big lizards) and i also found out how to put the stones in the statue of shiva so what i'm saying is i got farther than the lift and the demo is still goin so i can wonder about this area that your not meant to in the demo.

i'd put up a vid or pics but i cant so just try to visualise.

when your like unhooking the big ropes to make the elevator work you have to use ur grapple on 1 then the other you have to remove the pole from. the one that u remove the pole from is where i fell and survived, so wat i did was pick up the pole and walk over to the ledge to the right of the mechanism. and stand right up at the kedge and drop the pole wat this did was make me fall onto a little ledge thing so all i had to do was roll towards the small wall then it glitched and i rolled through the wall. if you have no idea wat i'm talking about but if you do the lizards spit acid and you and they are hard to kill but its fun :rasp: :rasp:

thanks that really worked

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 03:37
I'm ashamed to say but I died twice just fighting the tigers :lol:

First time I threw a stick nade on one of them and then accidently activated my adrenaline move and jumped off its head in slow motion, but in the middle of doing that, the sticky bomb went off, BOOM, dead Lara :lol:

Tihocan
29th Oct 2008, 06:35
Good find, Michael.

A slight addition - I found that if you stand as close to the edge of the little square gap, turn to face your back to it, then repeatedly drop and pick up the pole, it works for me every time.

Then just roll through the gap in the wall/edging.

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 06:40
Anyone that needs a visual walkthrough, i did some looking around and found the walkthrough on youtube of what to do to get down below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWaIigvfEA

i still cant do it, even knowing what it looks like lol

Edit: HA finally made it lol

managed to lower two of Shiva's arms

blonde croft
29th Oct 2008, 08:34
i Can't do it! :( *cries*
EDIT: thank you Josh for that video it helped me!

blonde croft
29th Oct 2008, 10:48
at the bottom there are two statues with fans. and lara says go to the adjetant halls ti find stuff. the halls are blocked and the puzzle is really hard. can someone direct me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance

Wildcat2704
29th Oct 2008, 10:56
This is so unfare..... Ican only get the demo on the 31st of Okt............... AAAAAHHH!:rolleyes:

Rexie
29th Oct 2008, 12:49
I read your post somewhere that you were not gonna play TRU! huh! why all of a sudden want the DEMO lol:) :D

Because I like messing up my computer programs, and TRU demo is one of them :D

michael-croft
29th Oct 2008, 12:50
you cant complete the shiva puzzle all you can do is fight the naga. heres a vid(not mine but it shows you the lizards);)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW-31GQEITs

and for the people who managed to get down to the statues, good for you the people who still havn't don't worry it does take along time and alot of patience lol

but once you get down all you can do is lower shiva's arms and fight the lizards.

and if you want to get down to the ground floor i think you have to go 2 the left not the right cus if u go to the right you won't be able to grapple down the wall to the lower levels, dont know why though but ah well only 22 days YAY!!!¨:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lmao: :nut: :lol: :rolleyes: :rasp: :scratch: :thumbsup:

aussie500
29th Oct 2008, 17:40
And once you go down, you will not be going back up to the top either.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%208/DSCF0280.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%208/DSCF0277.jpg

Rexie
29th Oct 2008, 18:33
Speaking of going up, has anybody tried the fly-glitch on TRU demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFh7z_3f-As

It works for TRA & TRL on all consoles

(not my vid BTW)

StuffedGamer
29th Oct 2008, 19:59
No offence to the other video, but getting down on the other side (with the pole) is alot easier.
As can be seen in mah video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOfUZpvpCQ

_Love2Raid_
29th Oct 2008, 20:33
No offence to the other video, but getting down on the other side (with the pole) is alot easier.
As can be seen in mah video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOfUZpvpCQ

Wow, it looks so funny to see her fall all the way down and still survive it.....:lol:

So you do need the pole in order to make this work, hmmmmmmmmm, I'm going to try it again. Thanks! :)