PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the PC demo

GoranAgar
28th Oct 2008, 09:40
I just got this message from Keir:

"As you know the 360 demo is out now but people are of course wondering about the PC demo. There will be a press release this afternoon which I will forward to you stating the PC demo will be released this Friday the 31st of October.

Everyone really wanted to get the PC version out on the same day as the 360 and the team have been working their socks off 24/7 but this is the earliest possible date. I will give you details of the location and time of the demo release as soon as I can. Thanks for all your patience."

little miss Ju
28th Oct 2008, 09:42
Thank You GornaAgar! I've been waiting for a confirmed date for ages!

Dr.Willard
28th Oct 2008, 09:56
Thanks for the update.

ivaneiroX
28th Oct 2008, 10:37
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

hey state waiting this day and does eidos make us now wait until Friday!? :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

sorry for my bad english:mad2:

Roodhartje
28th Oct 2008, 11:18
Trrrrrt.. more waiting! Everytime I think the demo finally is there, they make us wait even longer!

But at least friday is now confirmed! :)
But, next week I'm to busy with school :eek: Oh god.

Veppie
28th Oct 2008, 11:18
Cries softly. I was hoping for a PC demo today. This weekend I'm staying at my parents house. No time to play untill next moday:(.

Maybe I'll just wait 21 days more and play the entire game. (only 24 days total waiting left :D )

Thanks for the update, the dog on tomb raider chronicles was getting on my nerves :lol:

(btw this subforum looks ugly, I like the TRU lay out much better)

LaraCroftRox
28th Oct 2008, 11:24
Thanks for the news , Goran. ;) Was looking forward to it today though. :(

GoranAgar
28th Oct 2008, 11:26
Sorry, I forgot to set the style. Better now?

josh1122
28th Oct 2008, 11:31

It's great. Thanks Goran :D

_Tomb_Raider_
28th Oct 2008, 12:16
Ok....it's only 2 days!

tombraiderlaracroft1
28th Oct 2008, 12:17
thnx so much.
BUT where's can i find the xbox 360 demo.:( :( :( :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Omega
28th Oct 2008, 12:32
X-Box 360 demo is available in the Marketplace. Or the Live thing.

(I don't own that console, but it'll be in the Live section somewhere!)

As for the PC demo, thanks for the heads up Goran. It'll give me another excuse to avoid doing assignments... :)

Rexie
28th Oct 2008, 12:45
What did I say? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=869516&postcount=2)

lanman
28th Oct 2008, 12:46
:( more days to wait... I was hoping that they release the PC demo today :mad2: :mad2: :(

tombraiderlaracroft1
28th Oct 2008, 12:47
X-Box 360 demo is available in the Marketplace. Or the Live thing.

(I don't own that console, but it'll be in the Live section somewhere!)

As for the PC demo, thanks for the heads up Goran. It'll give me another excuse to avoid doing assignments... :)

thnx i have that in my brain now well if i have a brain anyway.:lmao: :p :D :) :lol:

Wess~Gamer
28th Oct 2008, 12:56
only 24 days total waiting left :D

Wow, you're right! :eek:
I wasn't aware of it, but it looks so close! I can't wait :D

I really want the demo friday, I'll play it over and over and over.. every day! :D
I just can't wait till that dog goes away.. first I was like 'aaaahw.. :rolleyes:', but now I want to shoot it! :mad2: (but I won't :))

You can set the tomb raider lay out as standard. (the last option) (http://forums.eidosgames.com/profile.php?do=editoptions)
Now all the forums look like tomb raider for me! :D Much better, I think

LegendPT
28th Oct 2008, 13:10
WHO CARES about the PC demo? ME AND THOUSANDS OF FANS WANT THE DAMN PS3 DEMO!! IS IT THAT DIFFICULT TO MAKE ONE?

josh1122
28th Oct 2008, 13:15
WHO CARES about the PC demo? ME AND THOUSANDS OF FANS WANT THE DAMN PS3 DEMO!! IS IT THAT DIFFICULT TO MAKE ONE?

calm down, no need to yell about it. It will not help and PC gamers care about PC demo, they aren't any less important than you,the ps3 user.

Rai
28th Oct 2008, 13:58
Excellent. TRU demo on Halloween! :D

Thanks for sharing Goran and Keir. ;)

Jurre
28th Oct 2008, 15:06
Maybe I won't download it after all.... a little more self-torture makes the salvation at the end so much sweeter :)

Veppie
28th Oct 2008, 16:09

Much better! thanks:)

Pembaz
28th Oct 2008, 16:20
Finally Its Confirmed xD only 3 more days to wait and then all weekend to play it :nut:

rg_001100
28th Oct 2008, 17:33
I just got this message from Keir:

"....Everyone really wanted to get the PC version out on the same day as the 360 and the team have been working their socks off 24/7 but this is the earliest possible date...."

I feel sympathy for the dev team, working like crazy 24/7 to get the demo out, and some people being annoyed at them because the PC demo is a couple of days after the 360 demo.

Jurre
28th Oct 2008, 17:40
I feel sympathy for the dev team, working like crazy 24/7 to get the demo out, and some people being annoyed at them because the PC demo is a couple of days after the 360 demo.
Of course: Crystal Dynamics is like a god and we enjoy the blessings of His creation. But in the old days we would praise Him for that; now many people tell Him the truth about what they think of His mysterious ways!!!

Bampire
29th Oct 2008, 02:15
*Eye twitches.*

Okay.. Yeah.. Awesome. I just hope it's the real thing. At least I have another thing to look forward to, on that day.

domina
29th Oct 2008, 03:03
Ugh. Figures--The day I have to move into a new place which will be Internet-less for at least 48 hours is the day the PC demo is released.

Major bummer.

sparkyzero
29th Oct 2008, 03:14
making everyone wait is A marketing ploy. don't you remember windows 95 ?

Can you say expectation ?

rg_001100
29th Oct 2008, 03:20
making everyone wait is A marketing ploy.

Did you read the opening post? :scratch:
They tried their hardest to get the PC demo out as soon as the 360 demo. It's unfortunate that they couldn't get it out in time, but worse to criticise them because they weren't able to release it as soon. Give the dev team a break.

josh1122
29th Oct 2008, 03:24
Did you read the opening post? :scratch:
They tried their hardest to get the PC demo out as soon as the 360 demo. It's unfortunate that they couldn't get it out in time, but worse to criticise them because they weren't able to release it as soon. Give the dev team a break.

I agree. It takes alot more work than people think to do this stuff. Its a 3 day delay. Just have some patience. They're doing their best, whether anyone deems their best as ''worthy'' or not.

Cut them some slack :D

Brambo111
29th Oct 2008, 07:51
I guess the exclusive DLC for xbox360 is still in people's mind ...
But I agree with u guys, people were just looking forward to Tuesday for the demo and then they got to know it's getting delayed 3 days. I'm a PC player myself, but I've got patience, enough things to do in the meanwhile (for example school :mad2: ) :p

Dr.Willard
29th Oct 2008, 18:28
All I can say is, if it was a week to two weeks then granted; I wouldn't blame you for all getting out your battle axes.

But we are talking about three days guys..

MissCroft88
29th Oct 2008, 18:51
All I can say is, if it was a week to two weeks then granted; I wouldn't blame you for all getting out your battle axes.

But we are talking about three days guys..

I agree with you... i'm willing to play the demo but i understand that is hard to put all demos to work without glitchers in such little time to different platforms...:o

Veppie
30th Oct 2008, 16:46
Is it already known at what hour of the day the demo will be released? I sure hope in the morning so I can play before I go to my parents...

Otherwise I would have to torture my stephdad into letting me install the demo on his computer. you don't want that to happen, DO YOU? :D just kidding

MissCroft88
30th Oct 2008, 16:53
Is it already known at what hour of the day the demo will be released? I sure hope in the morning so I can play before I go to my parents...

Otherwise I would have to torture my stephdad into letting me install the demo on his computer. you don't want that to happen, DO YOU? :D just kidding

From Keir Edmonds:

"There isn't an exact hour yet that has been officially announced, but I think it'll be around 5pm GMT tomorrow I'll pass on details when I have them."

i read it now in the site: http://**********************************/

chubbywubby
30th Oct 2008, 17:09
Oh my God! I just Cannot WAIT FOR TOMMOROW

_Tomb_Raider_
30th Oct 2008, 17:11
Oh my God! I just Cannot WAIT FOR TOMMOROW

I now how you feel!!!

Veppie
30th Oct 2008, 20:13
From Keir Edmonds:

"There isn't an exact hour yet that has been officially announced, but I think it'll be around 5pm GMT tomorrow I'll pass on details when I have them."

i read it now in the site: http://**********************************/

Thanks...

(now I have to torture him:rasp: I sure hope for my stephdad that the demo will be released when I get home from college at 1 pm.) Oh well, guess I could play it just as well on monday.

Jurre
30th Oct 2008, 20:24
Wow, tomorrow I will enter the Underworld Era. In the morning, it will change my life forever...

Sorry, that was awkward...

josh1122
30th Oct 2008, 20:28
anyone else find the TRU slogan

''Stop at nothing,Explore everything'' a little cheesy lol

TurkishLadyLaraCroft
30th Oct 2008, 20:29
ı hope demo would not be delayed again after tomorrow...ı have been waiting for along time to playing...:o maybe it could be released on the morning afternoon or night ı dont know hour is not definitive on the chronicles site...:o :)

Jurre
30th Oct 2008, 20:32
All slogans and subtitels are silly in my opinion.

Except for Sicko: 'This might hurt a little' :D :D :D

MissCroft88
30th Oct 2008, 20:35
ı hope demo would not be delayed again after tomorrow...ı have been waiting for along time to playing...:o maybe it could be released on the morning afternoon or night ı dont know hour is not definitive on the chronicles site...:o :)

From Keir Edmonds:

i read it in the site: http://**********************************/

TurkishLadyLaraCroft
30th Oct 2008, 20:44
From Keir Edmonds:

ah ım so sorry ı missed this message thanks for replying...:) if the 5 pm London hour in here turkey hour will be released about 7 or 8 pm ı think so...:)

MissCroft88
30th Oct 2008, 20:53
ah ım so sorry ı missed this message thanks for replying...:) if the 5 pm London hour in here turkey hour will be released about 7 or 8 pm ı think so...:)

no problem;) happy that i did helped :p

Raindrops Melody
30th Oct 2008, 22:53
I wonder what time it will come out... I'm going 2 stay up late 2 see if it's out at midnight.:D

MissCroft88
30th Oct 2008, 22:56
I wonder what time it will come out... I'm going 2 stay up late 2 see if it's out at midnight.:D

From Keir Edmonds:

Raindrops Melody
30th Oct 2008, 22:58
Thanks! :D:D:D

mnemosyne
30th Oct 2008, 23:03
already released on fileplanet.com

xBBx
31st Oct 2008, 15:40
It's on FileFront as well. I don't like using FilePlanet as they require you to have an account to download their files. FileFront is better IMHO since you can just grab the demo without submitting any information about yourself:

Tomb Raider: Underworld Demo
http://files.filefront.com/Tomb+Raider+Underworld+Demo/;12211141;/fileinfo.html