PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex a prophecy in the making?

Unstoppable
28th Oct 2008, 09:37
So I just finished reading this article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27413846/ and it's about 6:29 am so i'm delusional, bare with me.

However what if N.Korea does manage to push the red button. Immediate action would be required by other countries including the U.S. which could probably mean a draft.

N.Korea would get bombed to pebbles and mass exodus of refugees would flow into Asia and Europe. Then what would happen?

With the world economies on the verge of collapse it seems Deus Ex becomes closer to reality day by day.

The black Plague? Just need Aids or Bird Flu to mutate.

Nano-technology is not far away either from being viable and used on humans as cyborgs are already out there.

Not trying to scare anyone but its just something to consider. The world is in pretty sorry state but good thing my faith keeps me strong. :cool:

DXeXodus
28th Oct 2008, 09:44
I think a certain amount of things which we see in Deus Ex are bound to become reality (Nano-technology, etc). There is no denying that. Other elements, however, just seem far too implausible.

The black Plague?

Don't you mean the Grey Death?

spm1138
28th Oct 2008, 10:09
In the future we will all wear trenchcoats and sunglasses indoors.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Oct 2008, 10:12
^
*chuckle* :D

imported_van_HellSing
28th Oct 2008, 11:43
In the future there will be robots!

DXeXodus
28th Oct 2008, 11:59
In the future we can just eat candy bars to heal our wounds!

imported_van_HellSing
28th Oct 2008, 12:01
JC Tenton approves.

Jerion
28th Oct 2008, 13:53
In the future there will be 800 channels of television...with no way to change the channel!

Mecranth
28th Oct 2008, 14:11
I would bet my own soul that the Statue of Liberty will indeed be the victim of a bombing of some sort later on. It's one of the USA's most prominent wonders and someone will get the idea of spreading terror through it.

Unstoppable
28th Oct 2008, 19:28
Yea meant grey death sorry. ;D

GmanPro
28th Oct 2008, 22:28
I remember going to that abandoned gas station in California near the end of DX and I couldn't help but notice that the gas price was something like 4.20/gallon. And that's supposed to be about 50 years from now, so maybe gas prices will be even higher than that. Though they seem to be going back down now, hopefully that will last for a while :thumbsup:. The high gas prices could have been why that station closed down maybe. So yeah, a Deus Ex style future could very well be on the horizon...

DXeXodus
29th Oct 2008, 04:09
But a point to remember is that Deus Ex had a global economic currency called "credits" :)

So who knows how this related to Dollars $$$

GmanPro
29th Oct 2008, 04:21
Good point there. I don't remember what the symbol next to the gas-price sign was. Maybe the station shut down before everyone adopted "credits". Maybe everyone adopted credits BECAUSE the economic situation was that bad. :eek: lol I don't know...

gamer0004
29th Oct 2008, 15:51
In DX dollar signs are still being used; I guess one credit = one dollar. Everybody pays with credits, so it's just one currency, but I guess people would keep using their own signs. Like 1 dollar = 1 credit = 1 euro = 1 yen and so on.

Jerion
29th Oct 2008, 16:58
In DX dollar signs are still being used; I guess one credit = one dollar. Everybody pays with credits, so it's just one currency, but I guess people would keep using their own signs. Like 1 dollar = 1 credit = 1 euro = 1 yen and so on.

I guess. Although that means that the Yen gained a LOT (120 Yen = 1 Dollar ;) )

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 02:06
Once you've studied nanotechnology; specifically nanoassembler technology, forget nukes, forget plagues. A single terrorist can wipe out the planet with one nanite. Look of Ray Kurzweil's "Grey Goo" theory, that is our future if technology progresses faster than the human intellect/wisdom.

Deus Ex is a great plot line, however in reality if nanotechnology was was profuse as is depicted, I think we would have destroyed ourselves all ready, just think about the opening sequence of IW, the lone terrorist. Technically speaking that shock wave didn't have to stop at all.

The basic events though do reveal disturbing parallels. I think some sort of collapse is inevitable within the next century, the question that remains is when and how.

K^2
20th Dec 2008, 02:53
Once you've studied nanotechnology; specifically nanoassembler technology, forget nukes, forget plagues. A single terrorist can wipe out the planet with one nanite. Look of Ray Kurzweil's "Grey Goo" theory, that is our future if technology progresses faster than the human intellect/wisdom.
Nonsense.

There is already a class of self-assembling micro-structures that convert various materials into copies of themselves. Living cells. We already have a planet full of nanoassemblers fighting each other for resources. There are already thousands upon thousands of different bacteria, viruses, and other organisms and structures that will consume your body in the matter of hours if your immune system would not stop it.

These living things have evolved over hundreds of millions of years to be the most efficient at making copies of themselves. And now you are telling me that we will simply build something so much more efficient that it will wipe out all life?

All of the futurists who keep suggesting that forget one very important thing. A need for a power source. A self assembling structure can grow at rates far exceeding these of most bacteria, because they don't have to seek the energy source. It is always supplied. Cut the energy source, and the system goes to a growth rate that is far, far slower than that of most living organisms.

Finally, the immune system is designed to recognize foreign particles of varying configurations. That's why you can get allergies for some absolutely inorganic materials. Any nanostructure that starts reproducing itself in the human body will be attacked. It doesn't mean that lethal infection cannot be attained, but you'd need a significant source of contamination and most likely a nano structure that is designed for human body.

A contamination by rogue nanoassemblers will never cause the end of the world or anything nearly as devastating. I'm sure we'll run into some problems with them in the future, but it will never outweigh the problems we'll be able to solve by using them.

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 03:12
You raise valid points K^2, however allow me to clarify my statement. In a natural environment with self replicating "organic" nanoassemblers, there is an inerrant degree of balance associated with it. Whenever something "alien" like that of modern technology is introduced to any "natural" symbiotic/balanced environment it causes devastating effects. If you have yet to see the new "The Day the Earth Stood Still," I suggest you do, it is indeed Hollywood's representation of the "worst possible scenario," but I think the reaction of the characters of the story in regards to humanity's mentality is fairly accurate.

I agree that a power source issue does exist, but frankly that won't stop people from developing nano-weapons that can overcome such obstacles. I am not questioning the technology itself, it certainly can do far (exponentially) more good than harm, irrefutably. My concern is humanity's adolescent attitude and wisdom in wielding such technologies. Inevitably there are scientists who push the boundaries of morals and common sense to simply see if "it can be done." Furthermore humanity's lust for power and domination will not end in the near future, short of a large catalyzing mentality altering event. That said, nanotechnology is likely to be utilized as powerful weapons rather than tools of enhanced technology or industry.

I agree with your points, but disagree with your threat assessment. I think there should be those of us who can sit back and wisely say, "we aren't ready for that kind of power, so we should not actively pursue it until we are ready." We came very close to self annihilation with the Manhattan project, but yes, we did tempt fate and did succeed. But we may not be so lucky next time around. I am not advocating living in a state of fear of the future, but a state of conscious concern. Weighting the potential of any technology.

In the end the potential of any given technology is not in its schematics, it is in the will of its wielder.

K^2
20th Dec 2008, 04:06
Oh, these things can destroy an ecosystem, for sure. But I've seen that happen when a new species of plant is introduced to an island. You don't need super-advanced technology to do that.

We might create a few deserts in places of forests. We might wipe out a few species. But nothing close to the scale of destroying civilization, let alone humanity, nor a sufficient chunk of all other life.

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 04:10
Well I guess that's where we agree to disagree.
One thing I won't underestimate is man's ingenuity for creating fantastic and more powerful ways to destroy himself.

p.s. you do realize by nanoassembler, I am talking about nanites which can reconstitute matter (i.e. molecules/atoms) right?

NK007
20th Dec 2008, 04:14
Iran nukes Israel, Israel nukes Iran, NK nukes Israel, US nukes NK... it's called The Blame Game - Nuclear Edition, and it's kind of bound to happen with the mental patients that run NK and Iran.

K^2
20th Dec 2008, 04:20
p.s. you do realize by nanoassembler, I am talking about nanites which can reconstitute matter (i.e. molecules/atoms) right?
That's what living cells do. They take in matter, dissolve it into individual molecules, break these down, sometimes into individual atoms, and put them together again into something useful. A plant builds itself by taking in carbon dioxide and water molecules. It builds lipids, proteins, and various fibers out of these. Read some books on cellular biology. You'll be amazed at how complex these systems are. Final stage of cellular respirations works by means of a nano-turbine with a mechanical system that quite literally pushes two types of molecules together to recombine them into one. The combined molecule is like a compressed spring storing energy to be delivered to other places in the system. (Look up ATP Synthetase for more details.)

There is some ridiculously complex nanomachinery involved in living beings. We might build some self assembling systems relatively soon, but it will take us easily hundreds of years to figure out how to build things as complex as life. That gives us time to adjust. We'll have some minor incidents with nano tech way before we get that advanced. That will give humans, animals, and plants some time to adapt.

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 04:22
Amen to that NK007. Nanotech won't be a problem, we won't be around long enough to see it:eek::thud:.

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 04:25
K^2, indeed they do. What I am referencing is self replicating nanoassembler nanites. Nanites programmed (by some madman albeit) to consume matter around them into copies of themselves. All they truly need power enough is to make one copy of themselves from unused matter. You get exponential and unstoppable growth. Bacteria do not consume everything in sight, they only consumed what is most energy efficient, which has developed over the course of several billion/millions of years. There is no bacterium which can change "any" matter into anything else, nanites can.

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 04:42
Interesting edit there, okay. Brushing off any intended or unintended arrogance; I do know a great deal about cytokinesis and cellular respiration, as well as the difference between eukaryotes, and prokaryotes. I would like to think myself decently educated.

Where you see no distinction between organic nanotechnology, and artificial/synthetic nanotechnology; I do. I think they are a far cry different from one another, but that remains my humble opinion. They do share many commonalities, however analogous they are, they are not identical. They contrast key differences which set them leagues apart. Primarily their affinity to shape the environment around them, unlike organic cells. Specifically the lack of self replication inhibitors organic technology inherently possesses.

And as an edit to be perfectly clear, I am discussing nanotechnology specifically based off of metallic structures, not cellular walls or membranes; thus my synthetic/organic definitions.

K^2
20th Dec 2008, 05:02
There is a good reason why bacteria only consume certain types of materials. They have no energy source to consume anything else. And making replicas of themselves is their only goal. If there was a bacteria type that had some other priorities, it is extinct by now, because the one that created more copies is the one that survived. And you really think someone can go up against that kind of selection with something you just invent?

If you start out to invent a system with a sole goal of it making as many copies of itself, while surviving various environmental hazards, the best design will be something like a bacteria.

Kahlell
21st Dec 2008, 23:35
You are entirely missing the point. I am not talking about bacteria or organic nanotechnology whatsoever. I am talking about man made, metallic based nanomachines which are capable of anything. Organic technology has severe limitations in comparison. You just don't seem to want to see the difference.

El_Bel
22nd Dec 2008, 00:11
Iran nukes Israel, Israel nukes Iran, NK nukes Israel, US nukes NK... it's called The Blame Game - Nuclear Edition, and it's kind of bound to happen with the mental patients that run NK and Iran.

You mean the Iran that wants to use nuclear only for peaceful purposes(proved)?
Israel and US might nuke Iran. Iran cant nuke Israel.
It would be good to get your facts straight.
Right now the only country that has threatened another with a nuclear first strike is the USA(and than some wonder why 9/11 happened). The only mental patients is the Bush administration and everyone who thinks like them. I live in Europe and the only thing that scares me, is the US-Israel.
I see the American war propaganda is doing a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GRR_n_yQGA
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/black+sabbath/war+pigs_20019418.html

jordan_a
22nd Dec 2008, 00:36
The fact is nobody is going to nuke anyone.

NK007
22nd Dec 2008, 11:33
The fact is that you can't know anything for a fact.

but

You mean the Iran that wants to use nuclear only for peaceful purposes(proved)?
Israel and US might nuke Iran. Iran cant nuke Israel.
It would be good to get your facts straight.
Right now the only country that has threatened another with a nuclear first strike is the USA(and than some wonder why 9/11 happened). The only mental patients is the Bush administration and everyone who thinks like them. I live in Europe and the only thing that scares me, is the US-Israel.
I see the American war propaganda is doing a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GRR_n_yQGA
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/black+sabbath/war+pigs_20019418.html

Oh yeah, you're right, it's not like Israel has nukes for the past 30 years (not official but quite well known) and the US has not used a nuclear weapon since 1945, even though it had many conflicts since then. It's not like the Iranian president is threatening the destruction of an entire people every day of his life. Hell, even the Ayyatulut don't want him in power. Face it, the west has always been way more restrained than the Shiite extremists and friends. It was proved that Iran only wanted to go nuclear for civilian purposes? I don't know if you're stupid, gullible or just think that I am stupid or gullible, but there are many, many unanswered questions by the Iranian government. Why the hell would they enrich such a large amount of Uranium?! I bet it's because they take care of their citizens, or maybe a government that is almost a full dictatorship with the number 1 fan of Israeli destruction want something else?!

Bush and Olmert aren't clever to say the least, I'll give you that, but Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong Il are flat out nuts.

El_Bel
22nd Dec 2008, 12:23
I dont know how smart it is to argue politics with someone who is biased toward American policies(english is not my language, so if i made a mistake right now forgive me). I guess it is hard to admit your country is threatening the world.

Lets see what you are telling to me. I know Israel has nukes, and thats why i said that Israel can nuke Iran.
As for not using nukes for so many years, well it wasnt because of your governments good heart. If you used nukes, Soviet Union would be free to use nukes as well. Now that you have Russia almost surrounded with anti-ICBM systems(Georgia will be the last system your government has to install) you are free to threaten the world again, like you did to China before China back when you were the only nuclear power.
The west has shown more restrain than the east? Dont make me laugh. I could give noumerous examples, but i dont see the point of doing all the work for you. If you are interested there is always google. If you really really care and you are willing to have an open mind i might help you.
And i have a question. Where did you learn that Iran has so much quantity of enriched Uranium? Fox news?
Because your CIA report says the Iranians has not been working for a nuclear weapon since 2003. The IAEA is watching Iran, they have made 9 unannounced investigation and nothing was found that was pointing the way that Iran wants to construct Nuclear weapons.
Here is a nice site: http://www.iaea.org/

And since Israel has nuclear weapons, i dont see how could Iran initiate first strike, it would guaranty its destruction and not the destruction of Israel.
And even if it wanted to have Nukes it would be its right, because they are threatened by Israel, so they must have something to protect them. But they dont want to have nukes. These are lies and propaganda.

NK007
22nd Dec 2008, 14:02
LOL, it's the same as me saying I don't want to go into politics with someone whose opinions are so anti-American.

You see, Israel and the US have shown way more restraint than the east even after the collapse of USSR. Fact remains is that, Ahmadinajed has consistently shown anti-American and anti-Israeli militaristic opinions openly, and both countries do not do the same to Iran and NK. I feel sorry for the Iranian majority, most of them do not want war, but as soon as Iran gets nuclear weapons (and they will, are you blind? omg, access to a big part of the reactor has been restricted many times by the soldiers guarding it, what for?!), it will bomb Israel. The president wants to destroy it... And when the president was a guy who took joy in torturing prisoners for a large portion of his life, you gotta ask yourself - what are the chances he won't?

El_Bel
22nd Dec 2008, 15:09
Anti-ameican? Me? I dont think so. I love America. I love its ideals. I love statue of liberty and what it represents. Thats why i hate your government. I hate it that the last bastion of freedom, has turned into a Democratic propaganda powered dictatorship. I hate this new America yes. Because the last 50 years it has done a looot of bad in the world. I bet that when you say that you (and by you i mean your government, not you or the people of the United States.) have shown restrain you have never ever seen a documentary (i dont even talk about books) about what happened in the world because of you. (And i dont count Zeitgeist as a documentary. I mean some serious stuff)

You think that the Arabs hate you because they are mad extremist. Well i say that with all those s***t you have put them through, they show a lot more restrain than you guys.

A quick question. Why did 9/11 happen?

Ahmadinajed and his people, and as a democratically elected president he has the majority of the people behind him have every right after all these things that you have done to them, to talk about war!

I mean lets say China plays war games. And it is threatening you. What would you say? Oh, i love my good neighbors the Chinese?
Now take a look at this article.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/20/AR2008062002724.html

Iran is not getting any nukes, as i told you and given you some information about them.(access to a big part of the reactor has been restricted many times by the soldiers guarding it, what for?! IAEA does not have any souch complain as much as i could find. They say that they cant find anything unusual.)

Even if they did, unless if you think that Ahmadinajed is completely mad, he would not attack israel. It could not destroy all of Israel. By wanting to destroy Israel, doesnt meen he can and he will do it. He has to think for his country! He is a patriot, give him that at least. It could use its minimum weaponry as a nuclear war deterrent and i dont see anything wrong with that. Why shouldn't they be able to scare others of using their nukes on them? All that hate speech is for political gain. The Iranian people hate both americans and israelis and rightfully so. So he as the president says what his people want to hear.

Ps: Americans dumped a lot of enriched uranium in the balkans with their bombs. Lots of people in greece and countries close to Kosovo are now experiencing rised percentage of cancer. I just though you would like to know who is using uranium without responsibility

Pps: Interviews and surveys show that the majority of Iranians in all groups favor their country's nuclear program, including a full fuel cycle program, but most also believe that nuclear weapons are contrary to Islam. Polls in 2008 showed that the vast majority of Iranians want their country to develop nuclear energy, and 90 percent of Iranians believe it is important (including 81% very important) for Iran "to have a full fuel cycle nuclear program." Arab publics in six countries believe that Iran has the right to its nuclear program and should not be pressured to stop that program
The Iranian government has repeatedly made compromise offers to place strict limits on its nuclear program beyond what the Non-Proliferation Treaty and the Additional Protocol legally require of Iran, in order to ensure that the program cannot be secretly diverted to the manufacture of weapons. These offers include operating Iran's nuclear program as an international consortium, with the full participation of foreign governments. This offer by the Iranians matched a proposed solution put forth by an IAEA expert committee that was investigating the risk that civilian nuclear technologies could be used to make bombs. Iran has also offered to renounce plutonium extraction technology, thus ensuring that its heavy water reactor at Arak cannot be used to make bombs either. More recently, the Iranians have reportedly also offered to operate uranium centrifuges that automatically self-destruct if they are used to enrich uranium beyond what is required for civilian purposes.
:wave:

NK007
22nd Dec 2008, 17:21
I'm sorry, but you speak of such hate to the US, that I cannot think you are actually thinking the US is devilland, masking it with a thin guise of "what they have done the last 5 years". It is clear to me, sir, that you actually eat up whatever information you see in Al Jazeera and back it up with obscure references from news sites or (and OMG!) political shots with an anti-war songs. Wow, I'm sold, mister.

"C. Heavy Water Reactor Related Projects
7. On 13 August 2008, the Agency conducted a PIV at the Fuel Manufacturing Plant (FMP), the
results of which are consistent with the declaration made by Iran. On 18 October 2008, the Agency
conducted an inspection; no major changes in the construction status of FMP have been noted since
the Agency’s visit to FMP in May 2008.
8. Using satellite imagery, the Agency has continued to monitor the status of the Heavy Water
Production Plant, which appears to be in operational condition.
9. Invoking its decision in March 2007 to “suspend” the implementation of the modified text of
Code 3.1 of the Subsidiary Arrangements General Part concerning the early provision of design
information (GOV/2007/22, paras 12–14), Iran continues to object to the Agency’s carrying out of
DIVs at the Iran Nuclear Research Reactor (IR-40). The Agency has reiterated that Code 3.1 concerns
the submission of design information, not the frequency or timing of verification by the Agency of
such information, and that the Agency’s right to carry out DIV is a continuing right. Notwithstanding,
the Agency was not permitted to carry out the DIV scheduled for 26 October 2008.4 As a result, the
__________________________________________________________________________________
2 Results are available for samples taken up to 1 July 2008 for FEP and up to 20 April 2008 for PFEP. These results have
shown particles of low enriched uranium (with up to 4.0% U-235), natural uranium and depleted uranium (down to 0.4%
U-235 enrichment).
3 Which show enrichment levels at FEP of up to 4.9% U-235.
4 The Agency last visited the IR-40 on 28 August 2008.
GOV/2008/59
Page 3
Agency’s information on the status of the construction of the reactor is also limited to that available
through satellite imagery. From a review of such imagery, the Agency can confirm that construction of
the reactor is continuing.

B. Reprocessing Activities
6. The Agency has continued to monitor the use and construction of hot cells at the Tehran
Research Reactor (TRR) and the Molybdenum, Iodine and Xenon Radioisotope Production (MIX)
Facility through inspections and design information verification (DIV). There have been no
indications of ongoing reprocessing related activities at those facilities. While Iran has stated that there
have been no reprocessing related research and development (R&D) activities in Iran, the Agency can
confirm this only with respect to these two facilities as the measures of the Additional Protocol are not
available.

D.2. Design Information
11. As previously reported to the Board of Governors (GOV/2007/22, paras 12–14), on
30 March 2007, the Agency requested Iran to reconsider its decision to suspend the implementation of
the modified text of its Subsidiary Arrangements General Part, Code 3.1. There has been no progress
on this issue. On 16 October 2008, the Agency reiterated its request that Iran reconsider its decision on
the issue.
12. The Agency requested in December 2007, but has not yet received, preliminary design
information for the nuclear power plant that is to be built in Darkhovin (GOV/2008/38, para. 11).

E. Possible Military Dimensions
15. There remain a number of outstanding issues, identified in the Director General’s last report to
the Board (GOV/2008/38, para. 14), which give rise to concerns and need to be clarified to exclude the
existence of possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. As indicated in the Director
General’s report, for the Agency to be able to address these concerns and make progress in its efforts
to provide assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran, it is
essential that Iran, inter alia, provide the information and access necessary to: resolve questions related
to the alleged studies; provide more information on the circumstances of the acquisition of the
uranium metal document; clarify procurement and R&D activities of military related institutes and
GOV/2008/59
Page 4
companies that could be nuclear related; and clarify the production of nuclear equipment and
components by companies belonging to defence industries.
16. Since the Director General’s last report, the Agency has continued to assess the information
previously provided to it, both by Iran (including INFCIRCs/737 and 739) and by Member States, in
respect of these issues. The Agency believes that Iran could, as a matter of transparency, assist the
Agency in its assessment of these issues by providing it with access to documents, information and
personnel to demonstrate, as Iran asserts, that these activities were not nuclear related. Unfortunately,
Iran has not offered any cooperation with the Agency since that report and has not yet provided the
requested information, or access to the requested documentation, locations or individuals.
17. As indicated in the Director General’s previous report, the Agency currently has no information
— apart from the uranium metal document — on the actual design or manufacture by Iran of nuclear
material components of a nuclear weapon or of certain other key components, such as initiators, or on
related nuclear physics studies (GOV/2008/38, para. 21). Nor has the Agency detected the actual use
of nuclear material in connection with the alleged studies.
F. Summary
18. The Agency has been able to continue to verify the non-diversion of declared nuclear material in
Iran. Iran has provided the Agency with access to declared nuclear material and has provided the
required nuclear material accounting reports in connection with declared nuclear material and
activities. However, Iran has not implemented the modified text of its Subsidiary Arrangements
General Part, Code 3.1 on the early provision of design information. Nor has Iran implemented the
Additional Protocol, which is essential for the Agency to provide credible assurance about the absence
of undeclared nuclear material and activities.
19. Regrettably, as a result of the lack of cooperation by Iran in connection with the alleged studies
and other associated key remaining issues of serious concern, the Agency has not been able to make
substantive progress on these issues. For the Agency to make progress, an important first step, in
connection with the alleged studies, is for Iran to clarify the extent to which information contained in
the relevant documentation is factually correct and where, in its view, such information may have been
modified or relates to non-nuclear purposes. Iran needs to provide the Agency with substantive
information to support its statements and provide access to relevant documentation and individuals in
this regard. Unless Iran provides such transparency, and implements the Additional Protocol, the
Agency will not be able to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear
material and activities in Iran.
20. Contrary to the decisions of the Security Council, Iran has not suspended its enrichment related
activities, having continued the operation of PFEP and FEP and the installation of new cascades and
the operation of new generation centrifuges for test purposes. Iran has not provided access to the
IR-40, and, therefore, the Agency is not able to verify the current status of its construction.
21. The Director General continues to urge Iran to implement all measures required to build
confidence in the exclusively peaceful nature of its nuclear programme at the earliest possible date.
22. The Director General will continue to report as appropriate.

*gasp* OMG! I can only understand some of this acronym-filled, and yet, still, it seems like Iran is holding something back! Could it be? Am I being sarcastic?

If Iran can threaten Israel because it has the right to, then by your standards, Israel can, by now, demolish Iran and take its people to scientific experiments or something. Ahmadinajed is a loose cannon (ok, he's patriotic), just face it.

Jerion
22nd Dec 2008, 17:41
This is starting to get out of hand. Keep the political discussions to PMs or take it elsewhere (community chat (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72) maybe? I don't care). This ain't the place for it.