PDA

View Full Version : Paid for FFVII, Got Nothing

whyneedthis
4th Aug 2012, 04:50
I bought the FFVII direct download, and my bank was charged within seconds of submitting the order. I downloaded the download manager, let it run, and then it came time for activation. Small problem: the serial that Square-Enix gave me is not in SecuRom's database.

Square-Enix support directs users to contact SecuRom, so I did. SecuRom wants a photograph of a serial from a paper manual, which a digital download obviously does not have. I contacted Square-Enix support, and they told me it's not a store issue, to contact tech support. I contacted tech support, they won't reply.

I'm not entering the serial wrong. I copied and pasted it. Even still, I double checked that it had no mistake. Nine times. Square-Enix sold a fake serial for their own game.

Square-Enix just stole money from me. They took my money and will not give me in return the product I paid for, and they won't do anything about it.

I even asked them please. "Can I please have the product I paid for?" I practically begged them to give me the product I paid for, and they won't. This is despicable. I'm going to contact an attorney in El Sagundo, the BBB there, the investigations division at their local law enforcement agency, and management at their offices there and in Japan and see if this can be looked into. I've already found numerous reports of their theft from other people. If support sees this, all I want is the product I paid for or a refund.

I think somebody at Square-Enix North America has been stealing from their company. That or Square-Enix themselves are running a scam.

Update: They've offered a refund, and I've done some digging. This might have been an accidentally premature release. Having said that, there's a real possbility of a rootkit in the SecuRom DRM, so be careful. SecuRom has a long history of distributing such malware, and I've seen some odd system behavior since uninstalling the game. I'm still in the process of verifying what's going on, so this is a warning, not an accusation.

Update: I'm not finding any known rootkits. I've got zero null-embeded registry keys, nothing unusual comes back from rootkit reveal, and scans come up clean in AdAware and Avast. I do have the additional new strange behavior that AdAware will not launch except by context menu. Launched by the normal launcher, it shows in the task manager, but aside from a message to the task manager in Spy++, nothing shows up for it. I have no idea what behavior I'm seeing, but I can't attribute it to SecuRom by anything but coincidental timing.

Square-Enix, please consider dumping SecuRom. They make their money by trying to prevent piracy, and it is no coincidence that they are the reason that many gamers turn to piracy in the first place. There are other options, and Steamworks is highly recommended. The moment SecuRom is seen in connection to software, gamers panic because they have a long, dirty history of installing rootkits that lead to system problems.

When they pop up at the same time as a little mistake like this, an upset consumer becomes a consumer very suspicious of you. I'm not just dumping on a company. They're bad mojo. Square, thank you for processing my refund. If the SecuRom is gone when the real release time comes, I'll be back. If SecuRom isn't dropped, then I'm sorry. I hope you only use them for internal versions.

AScruffywolf-238550
4th Aug 2012, 06:35
Sometimes the security feature wont accept copy and paste, have you tried typing the code in? not trying to be a troll, just curious.

Grimoire
4th Aug 2012, 07:46
I have never even heard about a downloadable version of FINAL FANTASY VII being distributed outside of the PSN (apart from the upcoming PC release). Are you sure it wasn't a scam of some sort?

(By the way: FFVII is not a part of the Ivalice Alliance.)

seaking177
4th Aug 2012, 11:21
I have never even heard about a downloadable version of FINAL FANTASY VII being distributed outside of the PSN (apart from the upcoming PC release).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_VII (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_VII)

release date

Windows

north america - June 24, 1998<sup id="cite_ref-yamahaxg_1-0" class="reference">[/url]</sup>

EU - June 25, 1998

and @OP what website was it? paste the full URL, please.

EDIT: ALSO, TO NOTE [url="http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en"]finalfantasyviipc.com/en (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_VII#cite_note-yamahaxg-1) the website says "COMING SOON", so it is not out yet anyway.

Grimoire
4th Aug 2012, 13:05
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_VII (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_VII)

release date

Windows

north america - June 24, 1998<sup id="cite_ref-yamahaxg_1-0" class="reference"></sup>

EU - June 25, 1998

?? What do you mean by this? The old PC version was never released as a downloadable title. I have a physical copy of it.

whyneedthis
4th Aug 2012, 16:51
AScruffyWolf, I tried typing it in several times in addition to the copy and paste. It was a broken serial. It wasn't a serial that somebody used or a revoked serial; it wasn't in SecuRom's database at all, which means it was fake. SecuRom themselves verified this.

They're processing my refund, but this is still a shame. I wish they could have just given me the product I paid for.

Grimoire, there's an updated version of FFVII "for sale" as a direct download on Square-Enix's store (on this website).

member_10822883
4th Aug 2012, 16:57
On the US/NA store? It's not showing up for me.

whyneedthis
4th Aug 2012, 17:26
na.square-enix.com/finalfantasyvii (/finalfantasyvii)

If you buy it, please let me know if your serial works. I'd like to know if this was some fluke thing. I'd like to think it was, but it could be a number of other things.

member_10070891
4th Aug 2012, 20:05
Also getting code denials. Feeling someone really jumped the gun on this. Sent emails out to support, will see what I get...

Motoki
4th Aug 2012, 20:37
I really wanted to buy FF7 PC but in this day and age I will not support a PC digital download with that sort of draconian DRM like Securom that has a limited number of activations. It also obviously causes problems with people can't access their games because the key database is not updated properly. I've seen several other games run into this same problem very recently all with Securom.

Since most Square Eidos games for the PC in recent memory seem to have been Steamworks I find this choice of Securom especially disappointing.

If FF7 PC comes to Steam someday I will definitely buy it day 1 of its release there but I will sadly be passing on this release.

I hope that those of you who paid for it and are unable to get your game to work get that settled soon. There's nothing more frustrating than being blocked out of a product that you legitimately paid for. I've unfortunately had it happen to me quite a number of times.

whyneedthis
4th Aug 2012, 21:59
There's another concern on top of this. The size of the game is 1.3 GB, and it uninstalled in literally one second, all files gone from the folder. If I deleted 1.3 GB worth of files, it would take longer than one second.

Since I uninstalled, Windows has randomly been playing the sound that means a device has been unplugged. No device has been unplugged.

I'm disabled, but I have a strong background in Physics and Math and still do research in applications of Computer Science. My machine is very well taken care of for that reason, and suffice to say that this is not normal behavior for my system. I haven't gotten any work done today for fear of what this means. I'm very protective of my IP and I take no chances.

It's a little early to say for sure, but this might be worse than some bogus serials. I'll be doing a boot time scan, analyzing Spy++ (a developer's tool) and manually looking over my registry, so I'll update to say whether I find anything. Square-Enix, just what are you up to here? :shakes head:

member_10562662
4th Aug 2012, 22:03
SecuROM's website won't accept my serial and unlock request code.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Did they jump the gun on releasing this? Perhaps the "on" switch wasn't turned on?

MrStickHarrison
4th Aug 2012, 22:12
This is despicable. I'm going to contact an attorney in El Sagundo, the BBB there, the investigations division at their local law enforcement agency, and management at their offices there and in Japan and see if this can be looked into. I've already found numerous reports of their theft from other people. If support sees this, all I want is the product I paid for or a refund.

I think somebody at Square-Enix North America has been stealing from their company. That or Square-Enix themselves are running a scam.

It's a $12 video game that may have been released accidently through miscommunication. I think you're blowing this a little bit out of proportion. Wait until tomorrow to see how this plays out. I'm sure everyone can wait a day to play a 15 year old game.

whyneedthis
4th Aug 2012, 22:28
I have waited a day, and I'm now looking into the possibility that a SecuRom rootkit was also installed.

I have held off on contacting any authority types, though, because I can't find an article announcing the release. That means this may very well be an accident. I CAN find plenty of articles announced a coming re-release, and they were posted in July this year.

Something stinks with the SecuRom DRM, but other than that this may be a legitimate mistake. At any rate, a scam or intentional theft is ruled out. The only reason I posted that is because I wanted it to be understood that if this continued to appear that way, I would take the appropriate steps.

... I should post an update.

MrStickHarrison
4th Aug 2012, 22:32
It's definitely a re-release as they have confirmed, but the issue is even the official website (www.finalfantasyviipc.com/en (http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/en)) still says "Coming Soon." The purchase page for the game also lists it as this status. It leads me to believe someone jumped the gun in adding it to the Square-Enix Store purchase registry.

member_10822883
4th Aug 2012, 22:41
Did they seriously use "Aeris" as the default name for Aerith again? I know I can change it, but that seems so lazy after they called her Aerith in every English title since.

MasuraoT
4th Aug 2012, 22:52
Did they seriously use "Aeris" as the default name for Aerith again? I know I can change it, but that seems so lazy after they called her Aerith in every English title since.

For anyone, Square Officials or otherwise here is the link: store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/... (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.250845500#.UB7wM038vOx)

For furthur speculation....

member_10822883
4th Aug 2012, 23:00
There's a gameplay footage clip that suggests that they retranslated it otherwise from the ground-up, so that makes it even more confusing to me. It looks good though!

ETA: Nevermind. What I saw was a mod, which makes a lot more sense. Was seriously wondering what the hell was up with that.

MrStickHarrison
4th Aug 2012, 23:39
Product page is dead, it was definitely a mistake.

store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/... (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.250845500#.UB7wM038vOx)

whyneedthis
5th Aug 2012, 00:07
Mistakes happen, and that's no problem. They're processing my refund, and I'm glad there's a better explanation than something shady. My biggest worry was that somebody in house was lifting cd keys from them somehow.

I just updated the original post. I'm seeing some really weird symptoms: random auditory signaling of a device being unplugged, AdAware only launching via context menu, and netstat runs closing themselves. However, I can't find any evidence of a rootkit by any classic means, and this can only be connected to SecuRom by timing.

So, hopefully nobody else will get the odd behavior, and I'll track it down to something else. In the meantime, I hope that Square-Enix only uses SecuRom for internal versions because I'll be back when the real release comes unless they're still using SecuRom. Sorry, but some histories simply can't be overlooked.

MoonUNit
5th Aug 2012, 00:16
I haven't run into any strange issues after attempting to install on Win 7 Pro x64. The fact that two or more people report the same thing has me a bit worried.

Square already said they were not going to release FFVII via Steam over Twitter a while ago, so I doubt that is going to happen any time soon, but it would sure be better than this Securon junk.

In any case, if someone made a mistake and released the game early on accident, I can see how that would mess with CD key validation. Maybe we will get some answers on Monday.

MrStickHarrison
5th Aug 2012, 00:39
Indeed. I tried un-installing to see if the same thing would happen to me. I ran a registry event tracker and it didn't seem to change anything other than a few DSS (must be SercuROM) keys.

the_randomizer
5th Aug 2012, 02:15
Indeed. I tried un-installing to see if the same thing would happen to me. I ran a registry event tracker and it didn't seem to change anything other than a few DSS (must be SercuROM) keys.

I am so tempted to find ways around this draconian DRM. I paid for the game, I have every right to find a means to play it.

whyneedthis
5th Aug 2012, 03:42
They'll give you a refund if you ask for one, which is in a way letting them off easy (lol), but mistakes happen.

It's one of the greatest games ever, by a company that has a long history of giving us good things. When there's a foulup afoot, I'll give 'em 'ell, but so long as they don't leave me lighter of coin I'll play the nice guy too.

Getting around DRM is always possible. That being said, it's not easy. If you're not used to programming in HEX and assembly, you won't.

Somebody will crack it within a week of release, and people will be downloading it by torrent. That always happens with SecuRom-protected games. I honestly don't know why companies bother with that kind of DRM anymore. Those of us who want to support the developers will buy the game. Those who don't, will still be able to download it.

Though gamers have been screamin' that for years and they still don't get the message :/ Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Popcicle
7th Aug 2012, 11:22
Hello everyone,

We've recently released a statement on this issue:
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29291489/Re:_FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_Test_Page)

This weekend, our teams were testing the product website for the upcoming relaunch of FINAL FANTASY VII on PC. While the website was being tested in its live state, a small number of people were able to purchase a pre-release build of the game. For those customers, Square Enix will be offering full refunds for the purchases and for their inconvenience, a free version of the classic FINAL FANTASY VII on PC when it is launched.

We want to thank our community for their continued support and excitement regarding the upcoming rerelease of FINAL FANTASY VII. We will have more information to share about the launch of this anticipated title shortly.

member_10261385
7th Aug 2012, 11:41
Hello,

Quick question on what is happening. I was one of the ones who were able to buy the game early. However I gave up and initiated the refund process sunday evening and recieved an email confirming it today. Do I qualify still for the free replacement copy when it actually launches or did I basically mess myself over? I have the emails with my order number and so forth.

Popcicle
7th Aug 2012, 11:55
You qualify as well. We have the contact info of everyone who was able to purchase and will provide you a copy of the game.

member_10261385
7th Aug 2012, 13:24
Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Motoki
8th Aug 2012, 12:24
Hello,

Quick question on what is happening. I was one of the ones who were able to buy the game early. However I gave up and initiated the refund process sunday evening and recieved an email confirming it today. Do I qualify still for the free replacement copy when it actually launches or did I basically mess myself over? I have the emails with my order number and so forth.

Robert, I am very, very dissapointed in this release as are others I have talked to.

I am baffled why Square Eidos who has a history of successfully launching quite a number of PC games on the very popular Steam platform chose this route to go with their own client and then lump the problematic Securom with a limited number of activations on top of it.

I purchased the game originally when it was very first released on the PC. I have also purchased many other games from Square Eidos and I in fact bought the entire publisher pack of all Square Eidos games on Steam last year. I also recently purchased Final Fantasy I & III for Android and have been very happy with those versions.

However I will NOT be supporting this release. Paying customers should not be limited in such ridiculous ways, especially for a game so old. I will instead dig out my old disc and search for community mods that update the game.

I really wanted to be excited about this Final Fantasy VII release but instead it's been nothing but a huge dissapointment to me. Some people at your company made some very bad decisions about the release of this game as far as I am concerned. Consider me a customer lost as far as the FF VII re-release goes.

PlayersClub408
14th Aug 2012, 15:40
i paid for it but never got a promt on how to even download this game? can someone tell me how to download a game i just paid for??

fabicocamargo
14th Aug 2012, 15:54
I bought FF VII 3 times...
2 times I have cancelled the order...
And none of 3 times I got any download link...
:(

I just want to play my game....and I hope they don´t charge me 3 times...

:P

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 15:56
On the confirmation page it should have given you an option to download the downloader.

MCMXCIX
14th Aug 2012, 16:04
On the confirmation page it should have given you an option to download the downloader.

It didn't give me an option either.

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 16:07

It didn't give me an option either.

Hit up customer Serverice is all I can tell ya.

Airton
14th Aug 2012, 16:10
its the same problem here.

Maybe a problem with a internacional card?

In my case in Brazil.

lluifero
14th Aug 2012, 16:15
i cant find the download link, so i used this link from another post so far so good go for it!

d.trymedia.com/d/squarex/sec_ff7/lt_sx_de/ca34b2e9785f976df5c3b41f9cb9db2b/FINALFANTASYVII.exe

1Clarity1
14th Aug 2012, 16:21
On the page that look blank there is a message in grey text telling you of a confirmation email, its really hard to see. That said I never got that email.

djh932
15th Aug 2012, 16:33
Square Enix has had so many problems with this release that it shocks me. Re-releasing an already existing game should never be this complicated. I'm not sure what particular bug, error or oversight has prevented YOU from making good on your purchase of this game, for me it was the "we didn't send you a confirmation e-mail with a serial number in it".

I want to make it clear that as of right now Square Enix has defrauded all of the people who made the mistake of buying this game. They literally took my money and gave me nothing in return. There is no official response, apology or suggested course of action to correct the problem. This is, without doubt, the worst experience I have ever had trying to make a purchase. I know it's only $10 but the amount is pretty secondary. They took my money and gave me no confirmation e-mail. I don't even have the information required to prove I purchased the game so that I can get a refund and give up on this whole mess. I couldn't be more disappointed with how this has (not) been dealt with.

godaidgo
15th Aug 2012, 16:40
I was just told to contact digitilriver.com and then online support disconnected me

godaidgo
15th Aug 2012, 16:45
apparenlty orders are taking up to 72 hours to fill at this point.

ScottRTL
15th Aug 2012, 16:48
Square Enix has had so many problems with this release that it shocks me. Re-releasing an already existing game should never be this complicated. I'm not sure what particular bug, error or oversight has prevented YOU from making good on your purchase of this game, for me it was the "we didn't send you a confirmation e-mail with a serial number in it".

I want to make it clear that as of right now Square Enix has defrauded all of the people who made the mistake of buying this game. They literally took my money and gave me nothing in return. There is no official response, apology or suggested course of action to correct the problem. This is, without doubt, the worst experience I have ever had trying to make a purchase. I know it's only $10 but the amount is pretty secondary. They took my money and gave me no confirmation e-mail. I don't even have the information required to prove I purchased the game so that I can get a refund and give up on this whole mess. I couldn't be more disappointed with how this has (not) been dealt with.

If you are with gmail, it goes into the SPAM filter... I thought I was screwed until I found it, I bet you checked that, but just in case, I thought I would share that...

member_10422955
15th Aug 2012, 17:45
I paid for FF7 and after submitting payment information got a page saying.

"Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

No e-mail notification, nothing showing up on my account info...which is a nightmare to navigate, i've yet to be able to find a purchase history. I've been billed for it, and recieved no information regarding my purchase except a bank charge lol

RussianHammer
17th Aug 2012, 17:47
Same, paid for the game but there was no promt as well for downloading.

rafaelgk
22nd Aug 2012, 19:36
Já faz 3 dias que comprei o jogo e até agora to tentando baixar, cade o link? não tem em lugar nenhum. E essas pessoas que ja baixaram, baixaram na onde? Não aguento +, eu quero jogar :(

Leogolas
22nd Aug 2012, 20:56
rafael... tow na mesma....t b ja comprei tem um tempao aguardando a liberação.

jojapupo
23rd Aug 2012, 00:23
tb to na mesma... isso é rid*culo

Seint
24th Aug 2012, 11:45
Go an email from Curse that had a link to the game on sale. 9.99. Just started playing. Can you believe this game came out 15 years ago!? Favorite game of all time :) Glad Square made this available

heeroyuy01
25th Aug 2012, 17:33
Gente, vocês tem que ir na caixa de e-mail de vocês, lá vai estar um e-mail da square-enix confirmando o pagamento, junto ao e-mail, vai ter o serial number, o código de ativação e o link pra verificar a entrega do produto. cliquem no link pra ver o serviço de entrega e coloque o código do produto que está no e-mail, a* vocês serão redirecionados pra página de download

Flyerg
28th Aug 2012, 09:44
Já paguei faz 7 dias e não apareceu link nenhum, já entrei em contato com a digital river e com a square e ninguém sabe de nada. Muito incompetentes.

Antes que falem, eu sei que o procedimento é na ordem de compra. Quem conseguir o link posta a* como fez por favor :D

yeslew
28th Aug 2012, 10:24
Rapaz, não sei se vai funcionar, estou testando lago que tava lendo no forum, também n encontrei o link em local algum para baixar mas isso parece que é problema da square mesmo (www.superdownloads.com.br/materias/squar... (http://www.superdownloads.com.br/materias/square-enix-se-deculpa-final-fantasy-vii-no-pc.html)) , agora eu baixei o manager na internet e fiz a ativação do jogo na minha conta :

(www.2shared.com/file/jGT3M6mP/Final_Fant... (http://www.2shared.com/file/jGT3M6mP/Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadMana.html))

Como esse manager é igual ao do FF XIV creio que seja o verdadeiro, mas como disse ainda n verifiquei se vai funcionar,se você quiser ir tentando também , boa sorte a nós dois :) .

rafaelgk
28th Aug 2012, 19:08
Baxei!!! Funcionou!!! Estou Jogando!!! *-*

TheProgramer
29th Aug 2012, 19:18
I bought Final Fantasy VII. After buying the game I was immediatley sent to a page where I could download it and I did. But ever since navagating away from that page I have been unable to find a location to dowload the game.

After that I did not receive a download location, or serial code, or a receipt whether in e-mail or any other way.

I dowloaded the game and it requires a serial code to activate. As I said I have not received one.

The following is a conversation between me, suuport, and digital driver. Some personally identifying info. has been removed.

(SQUAREENIX ME DIGITAL DRIVER)

I bought FFVII and dowloaded it from your store. When trying to play it, it asks for a serial.
I never received a serial from you. I never received a receipt of my purchase or an e-mail about it from you. Please help. Thanks.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,
Thank you for your contact today.
We apologize, while the product you are referring to is indeed a SQUARE ENIX product, the store that handles those issues has their own support system in place to assist with these types of problems.
To reach the support site for the SQUARE ENIX GAME STORE/E-STORE, please visit [/url]www.digitalriver.com (http://www.digitalriver.com/) and click on customer service.
Please be sure to only use the support link from that page, as it will lead you to the correct support inquiry page. Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

I then contacted Digital Driver

I bought Final Fantasy VII off the SQUARE-ENIX website (na.square-enix.com/ (/)). I was able to download the game. To play the game it asks me to enter a serial code. I never recieved a serial code, I never even received a receipt of my purchase in my e-mail. I was unable to find my order number through your site. I contacted their support and they told me to contact you instead.

Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Service Team.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated response created to immediately help you with your issue. If you still require further assistance please reply to this message.
We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with downloading your order. The location of the downloaded file is determined at the time the file is downloaded. The location will depend on what your system has preset as the destination for the download. Generally, we suggest that the destination be the "Desktop" as it is easier to locate when needing to install the program. If you are unable to locate the downloaded file, you can download the file again by logging in through our customer service website located at: www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)
You have the option to look up your order either by: - Order Number and Password Or - Email Address and last 5 Digits of Credit Card entered on the order. If you do not know the password that was used when placing the order, you can use the automated password reminder feature on this page. If you do not remember the order number, please use the option to find the order by email address.
Once you have logged into the customer service website you will then have access to download your order. To begin the download, click on the Begin Download button.
If you are presented with an option to either "Open file from current location" or "Save to disk", please choose "Save to disk". You will then be prompted to choose a location to save the file to. We recommend saving the file to your desktop for easier access.
When your download is complete simply double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
If you experience issues with the installation of the product, please contact Technical Support. Their contact information can generally be found through their website.
Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Service Team. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.
Sincerely, Customer Service Team

I was able to download my game, but I have not received a serial code to
actiavte my game. It prorabbly would be in the receipt but i never recieved a receipt wiht myorder.

Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting the online store.
We have searched our commerce system with the information that you provided, including your email address. We were unable to locate a matching order. To verify that you have reached the correct service department, check your order confirmation email for any customer service contact information. Please resubmit your request, along with your order number and product(s) purchased, through the means indicated in your confirmation email. If you do not have a copy of the confirmation email from your purchase, please reply with as much of the following information as possible so we
may locate your order and assist: - Order Number - Name, Phone Number, and Email Address on the Order - Date and Amount of the Charge - Name of the Site the Purchase Was Made On - Name of the Product(s) Purchased - Description of the Charge on Your Credit Card Statement Please do not send your credit card number through email. If your question is in reference to the installation or how to use the product or if you purchased the product at a retail store, please contact the manufacturer?s technical support for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely, Froilan V. online store Customer Service

I don't think you are reading my e-mails. Please take the time to read them as your responce is causing me to repeat myself.
I did NOT receive a receipt whether in a confirmation e-mail or in any other form. So i cannot provide you with that information. That is part of the reason I e-mailed you in the first place, to get some sort of receipt. Here is the information as it shows up on my bank statement: <removed> bought on 8/22/12 I already told you where I made the purchase from, it's from the Square-Enix store (north america). I bought a game form them (Final Fantasy VII) and did not receive a receipt or a serial code, and the serial code is what is needed to play the game. I would like the receipt and more importantly the serial code. Thank you.</removed>

We truly apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. We have searched our commerce system with the information that you provided, including your email address. We were unable to locate a matching order. Please provide us the following information so that we can locate your order. - Order Number - Name, Phone Number, and Email Address on the Order - Date and Amount of the Charge - Name of the Site the Purchase Was Made On - Name of the Product(s) Purchased - Description of the Charge on Your Credit Card Statement You may also send us the copy of your billing statement for us to further assist you. You may attached it to your email or you can fax it to: FAX: 952.253.8760 We appreciate your patience and understanding. Sincerely, Froilan V

Order Number: I do not know.
Name: <removed><removed><removed>
Phone Number: <removed><removed>
E-mail Address: <removed><removed>
Date: <removed><removed>
Amount: $10.69 </removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed><removed>Name of site purchase was madeon: na.square-enix.com/</removed>

Name of the product purchased: Final Fantasy VII

Description of the charge onyour credit card statement: <removed></removed>

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting the online store.
Unfortunately, we require further information to assist you, as we
assist thousands of vendors in the sale of their products to customers
who shop online.
Please provide additional information about the product you are inquiring about, the vendor?s home page address and the address where the product information is displayed. We will then try to assist you with your issue.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The Vender's website is: na.square-enix.com/ (/)

Here is the direct link the product i bought: store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=250845500#.UCmEOETodBo)

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this product inquiry at the online store. For detailed product information please contact Square-Enix, Inc. for assistance at: URL (chat also available at this URL): [url="http://www.square-enix.com/na/support"]www.square-enix.com/na/support (http://www.square-enix.com/na/support)
Sincerely, Neidine D.

I contacted them, and they said to contact you. The purchase went though, but I was not given the serial code.

Does anyone else see a problem with these customer service interactions?

Kimiwadare81
29th Aug 2012, 23:05
Trying to download the game again as well and cannot find the link. Customer Support has been no help. Seriously, why is there DRM on this if I'm not even allowed to download the game more than once? What's the point of a Cloud Save mechanism? My game is even registered - why does clicking on the game prompt me to purchase it? I already own the bloody thing.

shall14742
29th Aug 2012, 23:09
Hello everyone,

We've recently released a statement on this issue:
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29291489/Re:_FINAL_FANTASY_VII_PC_Test_Page)

This weekend, our teams were testing the product website for the upcoming relaunch of FINAL FANTASY VII on PC. While the website was being tested in its live state, a small number of people were able to purchase a pre-release build of the game. For those customers, Square Enix will be offering full refunds for the purchases and for their inconvenience, a free version of the classic FINAL FANTASY VII on PC when it is launched.

We want to thank our community for their continued support and excitement regarding the upcoming rerelease of FINAL FANTASY VII. We will have more information to share about the launch of this anticipated title shortly.

These messages are form the beginning of the month and I am unable to play the game now is this still a problem? If thats the case I will want a refund and I will probably stay away from SE

Scriabin
30th Aug 2012, 00:10
So far, your title explains my situation as well

Chaotix_engage
30th Aug 2012, 02:00
Yeah i just bought it too, wouldnt go past the payment stage, theyve taken my money but i see nothing on where to get the game, nor what to do. ****ing ridiculous.

kongsuo
30th Aug 2012, 15:37
Lucky. I can't even get as far as them taking my money. I think it's time to stop supporting this gods-awful company and take my money elsewhere.

member_10687667
30th Aug 2012, 15:58
Where does Square Enix come up with companies like this. Were they the lowest bidder? Loose a bet?

I did some very basic research on Digital River and they claim to be a global company but their employee list is only 1200+. That's tiny for large scale global e-commerce. It's no wonder we are only getting automated responses--there aren't any actual employees.

TheProgramer
30th Aug 2012, 17:27
I have now received a responce from Square enix with my unlock code, and serial code! It finally worked. My order still does not show up in my order histroy, but I am now able to play. Just took some time and some repeating myself.

member_10702436
4th Sep 2012, 18:59
Yeah i just bought it too, wouldnt go past the payment stage, theyve taken my money but i see nothing on where to get the game, nor what to do. ****ing ridiculous.

Check the statement. They didn't get my money. My card held it as a retainer similar to the way Gas stations do. I'll get it back in 2 weeks. Maybe by then they will have this mess fixed. Had to be Tifa. They knew my weakness /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Geralt31
5th Sep 2012, 15:00
did they really release ff7 again for the pc? I bought it more than 52 hours ago and STILL no download button! Square said allow 24 hours, im almost tripple that, where is my download button? I even bought the game a gain! and that just made things worse so I have 2 orders, 3 tickets with customer service, one woith DRI two with square, DRI sent me a blank response! I am upset and I want my game! Or I want my refunds, anyone help? Or the number for square? At this point I doubt this is even the real Square site, considering I feel like I have been scammed

Nicoleska
5th Sep 2012, 16:16
No it isn't a scam. It works fine for me and for someone else I know who bought it. I don't have any advice about finding the download button in your case, but I will assure you FF7 PC does exist and it works for at least two people.

member_10635860
5th Sep 2012, 18:03
I have mine fully downloaded but the activation code wont work. I'm sure its the right code

member_10752124
5th Sep 2012, 20:05
You aren't the only ones experiencing problems.. I recently had to reinstall FFVII. It worked great until I tried to reinstall it.. Now it won't show I own ff7 in my square enix members page. Im awaiting squares email support now.

shadogazer74
5th Sep 2012, 20:58
Not only do I not have a download button, I can't even access my freakin Invoice! I get an error message saying that action could not be completed, and the error code is something like SYS_00001 or something, anyone else feel cheated like I do? I can't cancel the order because apparently the system is down and there is no estimated time to have it back up. I can't get a refund either. Anyone else scammed the way I was?

Mattismyname
5th Sep 2012, 21:24
I had to wait two days to be able to download my copy of the game. Everything they do apparently takes at least 24 hours. Their service is horrible, you SHOULD feel scammed.

They send you a new email once everything clears that says like "Your game is available for download."

Casmi
5th Sep 2012, 22:49
I ordered the game last night, but have absolutely no record of it other than my bank statement where the money has come out. Do I have to wait for an email for the next few days??

twerkloak
5th Sep 2012, 23:30
i have a similar problem i originally had the game working but i recently replaced my mobo and did a reformat, now i cannot figure out how to Re-download FF7 and install it.. wtf Square sorry ass support

twerkloak
5th Sep 2012, 23:46
i bought the game when it first came out, got it installed on my computer after about 2 hours of headache. worked fine.. then i reformatted my computer now.. i have no clue how the hell to redownload and install the game... Square enix u have the worst technical support ever.. either give me my money back or give me a ****in download button

xllvllx
6th Sep 2012, 00:11
I had to wait two days to be able to download my copy of the game. Everything they do apparently takes at least 24 hours. Their service is horrible, you SHOULD feel scammed.

They send you a new email once everything clears that says like "Your game is available for download."

yeah i thought i was screwed then the next day i FINALY got an email saying that it was available. i downloaded it and installed it and now at the log in screen it crashes before it even finishes loading.

all my life i have been jipped out of playing ff7. maybe this is all my fault bc for some reason i am not allowed to play this game. my memory cards always friend then my ps1 died then my emmulators failed and when they worked the cat nocked my laptop off the table. for the love of god please just let me play FF7 before i die!!

Casmi
6th Sep 2012, 08:01
How do I even contact customer service?? Other than this thread I don't know what else to do. When I click "Contact Us" it takes me to a page that is no help at all. There are no numbers to call or email address to contact anyone. Square has been one of my favorite companies for years, but this really burns me.

Freyar
6th Sep 2012, 15:36
Digital River is a scourge. They're still using them?

Susp3ct_Dev1ce
6th Sep 2012, 20:15
I bought FF VII 3 times...
2 times I have cancelled the order...
And none of 3 times I got any download link...
:(

I just want to play my game....and I hope they don´t charge me 3 times...

:P

Okay, kids. I just got off the phone with Digital River as well as Squeenix support.

The download link issue is a known issue specific to Final Fantasy VII.

they are working to resolve said issue blah blah blah...

Basically the system is slogging to authorize our orders.

When the order is approved, Then the download link will become available

I was told within 24 hours, but they will put a note in to "expedite".

Oh! in case anybody wants them:

Square Enix Tech Support: 1-858-790-7529

Digital River Technical Support: 1-952-253-1234

Go git em'

sharding
14th Sep 2012, 17:56
Hello Dylan,

We're sorry to hear that you had problems with your purchase. To clarify, you would first have been provided with the download link and serial number on the browser after your purchase was confirmed. If for whatever reason you closed the browser out before utilizing this screen, a confirmation email would have been sent to your email address that you registered to the account on the Store. If you still haven't received the confirmation e-mail and this issue is unresolved by some other means then please go ahead and call us at 310-846-0345(option 3) for further assistance.

Thanks!

ciscokidd-470546
22nd Oct 2012, 05:44
Been a joke for me as well. Spent over an hour just trying to buy the damn thing, and still have got nowhere. Their contact sytem is a total failure...At what point does somone just say f-it and go download it froma torrent site....

ciscokidd-470546
25th Oct 2012, 12:07
Wow, just spent 30 minutes on the phone with digital river (people who process the orders for Square) end result, nothing. They could not process the order, and they don't know why. What a damn joke.

SQUARE, DUMP THESE FOOLS, YOU ARE LOOSING MONEY! I already wasted over an hour and a half trying to give you my money, well, never again. I know what I am doing next, peace.

dherbert2
3rd Nov 2012, 09:16
Hi everyone, sorry to post this here, I couldn't find a better place to ask. I recently got an account, and purchased to FFVII for PC. I was expecting something to start downloading, but nothing happened, no emails, nothing. Can someone point me as to what happened? Thank you!

RedMageBill
4th Nov 2012, 01:02
I had to wait a couple of days before the button to download it showed up for me.

Amanuma
15th Nov 2012, 10:45
I have same error...
Please i need help...

AiwaSoundSystem
23rd Nov 2012, 00:47
I bought Final Fantasy VII. After buying the game I was immediatley sent to a page where I could download it and I did. But ever since navagating away from that page I have been unable to find a location to dowload the game.

After that I did not receive a download location, or serial code, or a receipt whether in e-mail or any other way.

I dowloaded the game and it requires a serial code to activate. As I said I have not received one.

The following is a conversation between me, suuport, and digital driver. Some personally identifying info. has been removed.

(SQUAREENIX ME DIGITAL DRIVER)

I bought FFVII and dowloaded it from your store. When trying to play it, it asks for a serial.
I never received a serial from you. I never received a receipt of my purchase or an e-mail about it from you. Please help. Thanks.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,
Thank you for your contact today.
We apologize, while the product you are referring to is indeed a SQUARE ENIX product, the store that handles those issues has their own support system in place to assist with these types of problems.
To reach the support site for the SQUARE ENIX GAME STORE/E-STORE, please visit [/url]www.digitalriver.com (http://www.digitalriver.com/) and click on customer service.
Please be sure to only use the support link from that page, as it will lead you to the correct support inquiry page. Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

I then contacted Digital Driver

I bought Final Fantasy VII off the SQUARE-ENIX website (na.square-enix.com/ (/)). I was able to download the game. To play the game it asks me to enter a serial code. I never recieved a serial code, I never even received a receipt of my purchase in my e-mail. I was unable to find my order number through your site. I contacted their support and they told me to contact you instead.

Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Service Team.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated response created to immediately help you with your issue. If you still require further assistance please reply to this message.
We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with downloading your order. The location of the downloaded file is determined at the time the file is downloaded. The location will depend on what your system has preset as the destination for the download. Generally, we suggest that the destination be the "Desktop" as it is easier to locate when needing to install the program. If you are unable to locate the downloaded file, you can download the file again by logging in through our customer service website located at: www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/)
You have the option to look up your order either by: - Order Number and Password Or - Email Address and last 5 Digits of Credit Card entered on the order. If you do not know the password that was used when placing the order, you can use the automated password reminder feature on this page. If you do not remember the order number, please use the option to find the order by email address.
Once you have logged into the customer service website you will then have access to download your order. To begin the download, click on the Begin Download button.
If you are presented with an option to either "Open file from current location" or "Save to disk", please choose "Save to disk". You will then be prompted to choose a location to save the file to. We recommend saving the file to your desktop for easier access.
When your download is complete simply double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
If you experience issues with the installation of the product, please contact Technical Support. Their contact information can generally be found through their website.
Thank you for contacting the Online Store Customer Service Team. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.
Sincerely, Customer Service Team

I was able to download my game, but I have not received a serial code to
actiavte my game. It prorabbly would be in the receipt but i never recieved a receipt wiht myorder.

We have searched our commerce system with the information that you provided, including your email address. We were unable to locate a matching order. To verify that you have reached the correct service department, check your order confirmation email for any customer service contact information. Please resubmit your request, along with your order number and product(s) purchased, through the means indicated in your confirmation email. If you do not have a copy of the confirmation email from your purchase, please reply with as much of the following information as possible so we
may locate your order and assist: - Order Number - Name, Phone Number, and Email Address on the Order - Date and Amount of the Charge - Name of the Site the Purchase Was Made On - Name of the Product(s) Purchased - Description of the Charge on Your Credit Card Statement Please do not send your credit card number through email. If your question is in reference to the installation or how to use the product or if you purchased the product at a retail store, please contact the manufacturer?s technical support for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sincerely, Froilan V. online store Customer Service

I don't think you are reading my e-mails. Please take the time to read them as your responce is causing me to repeat myself.
I did NOT receive a receipt whether in a confirmation e-mail or in any other form. So i cannot provide you with that information. That is part of the reason I e-mailed you in the first place, to get some sort of receipt. Here is the information as it shows up on my bank statement: <removed> bought on 8/22/12 I already told you where I made the purchase from, it's from the Square-Enix store (north america). I bought a game form them (Final Fantasy VII) and did not receive a receipt or a serial code, and the serial code is what is needed to play the game. I would like the receipt and more importantly the serial code. Thank you.</removed>

We truly apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you. We have searched our commerce system with the information that you provided, including your email address. We were unable to locate a matching order. Please provide us the following information so that we can locate your order. - Order Number - Name, Phone Number, and Email Address on the Order - Date and Amount of the Charge - Name of the Site the Purchase Was Made On - Name of the Product(s) Purchased - Description of the Charge on Your Credit Card Statement You may also send us the copy of your billing statement for us to further assist you. You may attached it to your email or you can fax it to: FAX: 952.253.8760 We appreciate your patience and understanding. Sincerely, Froilan V

Order Number: I do not know.
Name: <removed><removed><removed>
Phone Number: <removed><removed>
E-mail Address: <removed><removed>
Date: <removed><removed>
Amount: $10.69 </removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed></removed><removed>Name of site purchase was madeon: na.square-enix.com/</removed>

Name of the product purchased: Final Fantasy VII

Description of the charge onyour credit card statement: <removed></removed>

Dear Customer,
Unfortunately, we require further information to assist you, as we
assist thousands of vendors in the sale of their products to customers
who shop online.
Please provide additional information about the product you are inquiring about, the vendor?s home page address and the address where the product information is displayed. We will then try to assist you with your issue.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The Vender's website is: na.square-enix.com/ (/)

Here is the direct link the product i bought: store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=250845500#.UCmEOETodBo)

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this product inquiry at the online store. For detailed product information please contact Square-Enix, Inc. for assistance at: URL (chat also available at this URL): [url="http://www.square-enix.com/na/support"]www.square-enix.com/na/support (http://www.square-enix.com/na/support)
Sincerely, Neidine D.

I contacted them, and they said to contact you. The purchase went though, but I was not given the serial code.

Does anyone else see a problem with these customer service interactions?

Just purchased the game about half an hour ago and have been at this screen for half an hour : Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly ... i see the charge on my card where do I go for download or anything? Haven't recieved an email or anything.

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 17:26
I am sorry to see the headache this may have caused you guys. As some of you have seen and deduced the charges which appear immediately on an account are typically transactions for an item and/or a purchase. Yes, in this case, just like a gas station transaction they'll check to see if the account is open and billable before going through with the approval. If that transaction doesn't get approved then you'll see it fall off the account after a few hours or days depending on the financial institution. Sadly we're not going to be able to provide you much in the way of technical troubleshooting or details but by contacting Digital River (http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Corp/sectionName.contact/subSectionName.contactUs/page.contactUs) with your order number you may be able to get some information on if the transaction went through or not.

Grimoire
30th Nov 2012, 07:56
Technical issues with [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

HalleluyahMatt
30th Nov 2012, 11:27
The game will not save. At first, in in-game play, it reproted to save at check points. Then, the slot wouldn't activate. When I quit and came back I found that none of my game had been saved. This is frustrating. What is my solution?

HalleluyahMatt
30th Nov 2012, 11:27
The game will not save. At first, in in-game play, it reproted to save at check points. Then, the slot wouldn't activate. When I quit and came back I found that none of my game had been saved. This is frustrating. What is my solution?