PDA

View Full Version : TRU demo technical problems and glitches!!

blahblahperson
28th Oct 2008, 00:02
If you have a problem with the Tomb Raider Underworld demo, you're welcome here!!!

If posting screenshots of the problem/glitch can help, please keep it to a reasonable size

EVERYBODY is welcome here!!

Light rules:
keep pictures at a reasonable size
have a brief but thorough description of the problem you are facing
If you reply to a problem, please have a brief explanation of how to fix it
DON'T use this thread if you're going to reply "i dunno" or "who cares?" or anything similar to that
LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT RULE:
Have fun playing the demo!

Cheers,

Blahblahperson

toughraid3r37
28th Oct 2008, 00:49
Thanks! I know ill enjoy it... Can't wait till tomorrow! :D

GoranAgar
28th Oct 2008, 05:54
If you have a problem with the Tomb Raider Underworld demo, this is the thread for you!!!

No, the whole sub forum is for them.

Besides that you are making good points.

daygo
28th Oct 2008, 09:33
Well its now10.20 am and we can not download the pc demo can someone tell me why this is so, please.:mad2:

William Croft
28th Oct 2008, 09:50
Well its now10.20 am and we can not download the pc demo can someone tell me why this is so, please.:mad2:

PC demo Is coming out on Friday 31st, as they (Eidos) are trying to keep it down to minimal size. Be thankful your getting a demo regardless of when (Unless its after Tomb Raider comes out :p)

Unity2012
28th Oct 2008, 12:45
Hi,

My early technical impressions of the Demo: transitions... there is a "Jolt" in transitions that takes away from her natural movements; it may seem silly but it does makes her feel broken--any slight twitch on the analog stick makes her jump. As if someone scares her at every turn. Can turns be a bit smoother? I hope so. It will tie all the animations in a more natural flow.

The animation corresponding invisible walls or stops is way too abrupt and the sound that comes with it enhances the feel. For instance: If you take Lara to the boat and walk her towards the set of stairs inside the yatch, she literally crashes against the invisible wall... that movement with both hands up could be smooth out or at least lower the sound to buffer the impact.

There are some camera issues where the camera gets stuck on my back even in an open area; for instance climbing up the wall before you see the first big temple. I could not pull the camera back and had no idea where to go, so i took a leap of faith and felt to my lovely death...

I have not played the entire Demo yet; but I felt it was important to get out my initial impressions before I get clouded by my "fanboyism." I wanted to have the feel of a new adopter and what aspects of the demo could turn someone off from the get go.

*Congrats on the art department. I am impressed with the visuals and sound effects, very impressed so far.

Thank you for the opportunity to share our opinions.

Aj

1q2q3q4q5q
28th Oct 2008, 12:58
I seemed to find one glitch it was where she was fighting tigers the first time. She was fighting the tigers when all of the sudden she got stuck and wouldn’t move even when the tigers mauled her:mad2:

kiss-bite
28th Oct 2008, 13:19
PC demo Is coming out on Friday 31st, as they (Eidos) are trying to keep it down to minimal size. Be thankful your getting a demo regardless of when (Unless its after Tomb Raider comes out :p)

I don't get why some feel the consumer should be thankful?:confused: It's in Eidos' own interest to get the demo out there to sell this game.;)

The PC demo will be important because it's the only demo that a majority will have access to due to the lack of other TRU demos. It's only 3 days, I've run out of being able to feel anymore disappointment regarding TRU as I'm sure many others have to.:D So a few days to wait isn't surprising nor a big deal really. Besides, the lucky few have said very positive things about the demo.:)

Although I have read a lot of people saying the camera is bad, have others here experienced that?

tym
28th Oct 2008, 18:07
^ Also, for many PC users it will be the acid test for seeing if the game will run on a particular system--especially as the minimum requirements seem to exclude casual gamers and anyone without new equipment.

_Love2Raid_
28th Oct 2008, 18:34
Apparently there is a glitch that lets you play farther than you're supposed to................
Check out this thread for details: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81635 :eek:

oyakodon
28th Oct 2008, 21:51
As you're facing the Shiva statue in the distance, the path to the right leads eventually to the pulley release that involves removing the pole. I had completed this portion already, and was on my way to the other side when I accidentally rolled back under the fallen pillar--instead of ducking--towards where you first learn to jam the poles into the walls to "open new paths". Immediately after rolling, there was a minor pause and a scene change, then suddenly I was perched atop a pillar, effectively bypassing the minor bit of platforming required to get to section with the pole that needs to be released).

blahblahperson
29th Oct 2008, 03:55
No, the whole sub forum is for them.

Besides that you are making good points.

oh ok my bad :)
i made a subtle editing on it

tombraiderlaracroft1
29th Oct 2008, 10:43
Hey you guys are really lucky compared to me 4 hours of waiting i downloaded it twice and both time it would only get to the Thailand loading screen it would either stop in the midle of searching or for in the last sentance or it would finish the sentance and the wheel thing in the background would keep turning for 15 mins plz help it's really painful:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :( :( :(

blahblahperson
30th Oct 2008, 04:44
Hey you guys are really lucky compared to me 4 hours of waiting i downloaded it twice and both time it would only get to the Thailand loading screen it would either stop in the midle of searching or for in the last sentance or it would finish the sentance and the wheel thing in the background would keep turning for 15 mins plz help it's really painful:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :( :( :(

i dont have a 360 so im just guessing here
try like turning it off for like, 2 hours so it cools down and turn it on again

blahblahperson
30th Oct 2008, 04:45
As you're facing the Shiva statue in the distance, the path to the right leads eventually to the pulley release that involves removing the pole. I had completed this portion already, and was on my way to the other side when I accidentally rolled back under the fallen pillar--instead of ducking--towards where you first learn to jam the poles into the walls to "open new paths". Immediately after rolling, there was a minor pause and a scene change, then suddenly I was perched atop a pillar, effectively bypassing the minor bit of platforming required to get to section with the pole that needs to be released).

thats awesome!! but can you be a little bit more clear on the "scene change" cause its still quite blurry in my head;)
or if you are willing to upload a video, that would be great

tombraiderlaracroft1
30th Oct 2008, 08:40
i dont have a 360 so im just guessing here
try like turning it off for like, 2 hours so it cools down and turn it on again

i'm getting a fan:lol:

blahblahperson
30th Oct 2008, 13:24
i'm getting a fan:lol:

SilverSeal94
1st Nov 2008, 19:11
I have a windows vista dell inspiron 1525,when the demo is on the loading screen it goes black and says there is an error and it closes ,i dont av a clue about compunters,please tell me wat 2 do !!!!!!!!!

pwease:( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

blahblahperson
11th Nov 2008, 21:04
I have a windows vista dell inspiron 1525,when the demo is on the loading screen it goes black and says there is an error and it closes ,i dont av a clue about compunters,please tell me wat 2 do !!!!!!!!!

pwease:( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

try updating your graphic drivers, please post dxdiag