PDA

View Full Version : CLAWS!!!

ZeroFernir
22nd Jan 2014, 20:04
Finally, the most asked feature is there! and what do you guys think of the things they didn't told us yet?
I am hoping for a normal Razielim skin =P

Varulven
22nd Jan 2014, 20:05
But... but I like normal HANDS! :O

GeorgeCST
22nd Jan 2014, 20:06
Maybe it's just pointy ears :D

Varulven
22nd Jan 2014, 20:11
Yeah. That's an idea I like^^

domdragon7
22nd Jan 2014, 21:26
how do you get the vea victis image?

Razaiim
22nd Jan 2014, 21:32
I'm confuzzled, what happened with claws?

YourWaywardDestiny
22nd Jan 2014, 21:33
I'm confuzzled, what happened with claws?

Look at their new blog entry. They're teasing us with an image of the Vampire's claws we know and love.

I think we're in for a pleasantly familiar treat.

Umbralim
22nd Jan 2014, 21:34
And Just when I was starting to warm up to the Five fingers. :P

Razaiim
22nd Jan 2014, 22:06
OURMAHGOURD I SAW THE THING I BET I KNOW WHAT IT IS!
*sir mode engaged, squealy fangirl-in-a-man's-body disengaged*
It probably means they are introducing an elder vampire, either as a skin, or the new class.

Monkeythumbz
22nd Jan 2014, 22:17
I think we're in for a pleasantly familiar treat.

Damn straight, skipper.

mbalbuena91
23rd Jan 2014, 00:48
i think with each level up a part of your vampire will evolve just a theory, but the vampires like kain are 1000s of years old with three claws. i think that these vampires are suppose to be kinda newly turned hence the 5 fingers/clwas and not yet evolved so with each level or a certain number of levels will unlock a new evolution

shinros
23rd Jan 2014, 02:40
i think with each level up a part of your vampire will evolve just a theory, but the vampires like kain are 1000s of years old with three claws. i think that these vampires are suppose to be kinda newly turned hence the 5 fingers/clwas and not yet evolved so with each level or a certain number of levels will unlock a new evolution

If they do that, I will explode with joy.

ParadoxicalOmen
23rd Jan 2014, 03:57
Ooooh neat :)

With all that talk about how they are willing to go through body altering changes to make them more formidable...my guess would be...this is the Zephonim?

Monkeythumbz
23rd Jan 2014, 14:03
Ooooh neat :)

With all that talk about how they are willing to go through body altering changes to make them more formidable...my guess would be...this is the Zephonim?

Nope.

Arbitrix
23rd Jan 2014, 14:10
Found this by Badmojoman in the Melchialim Brain storming thread http://i.imgur.com/0ahM5Za.jpg

Varulven
23rd Jan 2014, 14:21
Sorry gaiss, I want to choose how my vampire character looks like.
A forced evolution would make me sad... really sad :'(

(Charles Darwin would die a second death if he would see this!)

MasterFurbz
23rd Jan 2014, 14:42

That would be pretty epic. It's most likely however a new skin or perhaps a feature of the Razielim.

Out of left field would be that claws are a vampire perk, part of that forced mutation and all.

Sataine
23rd Jan 2014, 16:18

Evolution is always forced. He would agree with the notion. Species are required to adapt to their new environment or die. Evolution keeps those that adapt alive, and destroys those that could not.

So it makes sense to me to have your vampire naturally evolve as you level up. And Kain's Lieutenants certainly had no say so over whether or not, or how, their bodies evolved.

Lord_Aevum
23rd Jan 2014, 16:29
And Kain's Lieutenants certainly had no say so over whether or not, or how, their bodies evolved.

They did have a say in how, though. Daniel Cabuco stated that Rahab and his clan only developed their full water resistance through years of ritual self-mutilation, and cites Zephon's insidious personality and tendencies as the main reason behind his mutations.

Varulven
23rd Jan 2014, 16:51
Evolution is always forced. He would agree with the notion. Species are required to adapt to their new environment or die. Evolution keeps those that adapt alive, and destroys those that could not.

So it makes sense to me to have your vampire naturally evolve as you level up. And Kain's Lieutenants certainly had no say so over whether or not, or how, their bodies evolved.

I think an evolution within ONE single life would bother darwin. That's the thing I talked about.^^
Newermind...

Razaiim
23rd Jan 2014, 17:01
Its a fantasy world with magic, they can do what ever they want.

Varulven
23rd Jan 2014, 17:06
Its a fantasy world with magic, they can do what ever they want.

And I can't quit being a logical thinker.

GenFeelGood
23rd Jan 2014, 18:10
Ever since I heard about the time period that this game would be taking place in, as a Legacy of Kain fan, this has been what I was most looking forward to most. I quickly dismissed it in the back of mind though, thinking this wasn't in the pipeline till the game was finished and proven a success. Seeing that evolving set of claws, my hope for evolution is now salivating with expectation. This will open up a new dimension of customization and leveling up, as well as showing that this game might move forward in the game's timeline and expand into what me and many of the fans of the series have been hoping for.
I'm a little jealous of not being able to equip different skins at level 21 while seeing other player, some lower than level 10, that can; but I'm okay with waiting till the game is finished to equip skins if it means I can be among the first to evolve.

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Jan 2014, 18:17

No one is removing that choice, don't worry :)

Badmojoman
23rd Jan 2014, 18:21
Sweet baby Jesus Rodriguez! Claws make me happy!!

Varulven
23rd Jan 2014, 18:26
No one is removing that choice, don't worry :)

Thank you!

Sataine
23rd Jan 2014, 18:31
I'd say that was part of how they devolved. The natural process was taking them a different route. But that is good to know. As huge a Legacy of Kain fan that I am, I never bothered to follow every tidbit of news or article about it. I had other games to play and things to do. Now that I am a bit more tame in my lifestyle, I get to find out all the good stuff I missed out on. I had often wondered how Rahab and the Rahabihm had attained water resistance with it being such a debilitating weakness to kindred. (Oops, Vampire the Masquerade nomenclature there.)

YourWaywardDestiny
23rd Jan 2014, 18:41

This is a video game, we don't have time to wait for a real evolution to take place. This is a Pokemon definition of evolution, not a scientific one.

Varulven
23rd Jan 2014, 18:42
This is a video game, we don't have time to wait for a real evolution to take place. This is a Pokemon definition of evolution, not a scientific one.

Thanks, I didn't know that!
/sarcasm off

ZeroFernir
23rd Jan 2014, 19:46
how do you get the vea victis image?

I am the first guildmaster of Nosgoth, even though no guilding sistem isup yet. My guild have this banner in various colors and an exclusive LoK themed wallpaper, made by us for ourselves. If you wanna join, everything is explained here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7338

I'd say that was part of how they devolved. The natural process was taking them a different route. But that is good to know. As huge a Legacy of Kain fan that I am, I never bothered to follow every tidbit of news or article about it. I had other games to play and things to do. Now that I am a bit more tame in my lifestyle, I get to find out all the good stuff I missed out on. I had often wondered how Rahab and the Rahabihm had attained water resistance with it being such a debilitating weakness to kindred. (Oops, Vampire the Masquerade nomenclature there.)

Rahabim and rahab himself got that resistance to water because of their self-mutillating ritual, which involved water, as said in this very topic, and in some other forums.

The_Hylden
24th Jan 2014, 02:35
While the Rahabim's water immunity was forced by Rahab, that doesn't translate to them all willing their changes. Zephon's devious nature and Kain's sheer, unbridled will and ambition resulting in his golden body with a crown sound more like their inherent traits influencing how they evolved on a subconscious level, rather than their conscious effort changing it. Certainly also, the Lieutenants aren't in control of the subsequent devolution they underwent. I doubt Rabab bargained for the fishy existence that would follow his great leap at getting immunity to water (or he and his clan losing their ability to withstand the sun).

Yay to claws and seeing the traits return :)

Vrykolakas
24th Jan 2014, 05:14
The claws aren't a devolution, all vampires seem to get them along with two toe-clawed feet as they age. It has something to do with the original ancient vampires I think.

With vampires now having claws, wouldn't that mean that they are elders since it takes centuries for vampires to develop claws. I can't honestly say this is accurate however since in blood omen 2, kain was over 400 years old and still hadn't developed any claws at that time. This might have been due to him being wounded for 200 of those years, which is why he may have not evolved when he should have.

Lord_Aevum
24th Jan 2014, 07:37
While the Rahabim's water immunity was forced by Rahab, that doesn't translate to them all willing their changes.

It was contended that none of them ever willed their changes, not that all of them did.

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2014, 07:56
While the Rahabim's water immunity was forced by Rahab, that doesn't translate to them all willing their changes. Zephon's devious nature and Kain's sheer, unbridled will and ambition resulting in his golden body with a crown sound more like their inherent traits influencing how they evolved on a subconscious level, rather than their conscious effort changing it. Certainly also, the Lieutenants aren't in control of the subsequent devolution they underwent. I doubt Rabab bargained for the fishy existence that would follow his great leap at getting immunity to water (or he and his clan losing their ability to withstand the sun).

Yay to claws and seeing the traits return :)

I definitely agree with this. The evolution may have been intentional, but the the more their minds we're effected by Nupraptors curse, the less control over it they would have had. Hence it flipped around into devolution instead.

I also think Kain's own subconscious perception of them might have had some effect as well. I wonder if he managed to avoid the effects himself by siphoning them off to the Lieutenants or something.

Lirka_
24th Jan 2014, 10:11
Awesome! Can't wait to see how the entire body looks.
And nice Beatles reference ;)

RealLoK
24th Jan 2014, 10:49
This actually gets rid of one of my complaints :) When everyone said that the playable vampires in Nosgoth are all fledgelings, I was like "And why aren't there any older vampires on the battlefield? Do the adults sit in their fortresses, sipping blood mixed with wine and discussing the most effective ways to kill humans, while the fledgelings are out there risking their lives?"

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2014, 11:13
This actually gets rid of one of my complaints :) When everyone said that the playable vampires in Nosgoth are all fledgelings, I was like "And why aren't there any older vampires on the battlefield? Do the adults sit in their fortresses, sipping blood mixed with wine and discussing the most effective ways to kill humans, while the fledgelings are out there risking their lives?"

That reminds me, Morlock was an older vampire, but we don't know that much about him. Maybe his story could be the reveal for the adult vampires. Also, what if centuries later Kain returns to find him impaled or something and then Kain revives him and asks him what has transpired and Morlock ends up recounting the war. Then he's functioning as a narrator of sorts as he explains it all to Kain. Sure Kain could have looked it up in the chronoplast, but would probably have skimmed over the specifics.

The_Hylden
24th Jan 2014, 12:07
It was contended that none of them ever willed their changes, not that all of them did.

I understand. However, the couple of posts about it by you and what followed was reading to me like it could be perceived by others that they were all intentionally causing their own evolutions. I posted to note the distinction.

The claws aren't a devolution, all vampires seem to get them along with two toe-clawed feet as they age. It has something to do with the original ancient vampires I think.

No-one said they were a devolution.

With vampires now having claws, wouldn't that mean that they are elders since it takes centuries for vampires to develop claws. I can't honestly say this is accurate however since in blood omen 2, kain was over 400 years old and still hadn't developed any claws at that time. This might have been due to him being wounded for 200 of those years, which is why he may have not evolved when he should have.

Kain is the patriarch and developed them in his own time first, which should have probably been the same basic time frame, regardless if it was on the BO2 new timeline, or the previous one. Once he did, his offspring in the Lieutenants would follow suit in their own evolutions up to a century, or so later. In turn, their offspring would follow from fledgling up a couple of centuries after that, as we now know it.

kardimond
24th Jan 2014, 14:48
I'm surprised that nobody wrote that the picture's name is "tyrant-1-bb.png" yet. If it would indeed belong to a tyrant i'd be mega-happy as well! However, it might also be just a way to trick us into a wrong direction...

Monkeythumbz
24th Jan 2014, 16:08
That reminds me, Morlock was an older vampire, but we don't know that much about him.

So, we checked and his name wasn't actually Morlock...

Razaiim
24th Jan 2014, 16:30
Morlock was a code name given to Turel. Since the Tomb Guardian in SR1 ended up with many of Turel's lines, his name was now unofficially Morlock.

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2014, 17:12
Morlock was a code name given to Turel. Since the Tomb Guardian in SR1 ended up with many of Turel's lines, his name was now unofficially Morlock.

I know, Crawler, Skinner, Aluka, Ronin and Morlock. I've been around since they were first posted on thelostworlds over a decade ago. Besides, what's wrong with making it official at this point?

EDIT: Morlock still sounds like a name even if some of the others don't. You're right though, I was referring to the Tomb Guardian, just to clarify.

Razaiim
24th Jan 2014, 17:15
Can't we call him Tony? Tony the Turelim Tomb Guardian. Tomb Guardian Tony. I like it. I rechristen thee... Tony!
Totally unrelated to Tony the Turelim Tyrant of course

Lord_Aevum
24th Jan 2014, 17:24
Morlock almost might as well be his actual name, at this late stage. Just like Figwit, most seem to have known for years that it wasn't mandated by the SR team and yet it's still universally used in reference to him.

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2014, 17:24
Can't we call him Tony? Tony the Turelim Tomb Guardian. Tomb Guardian Tony. I like it. I rechristen thee... Tony!
Totally unrelated to Tony the Turelim Tyrant of course

If you're going that route, maybe Norman should show up too:
http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/Possession.html

Razaiim
24th Jan 2014, 17:27
Norman the Zephonim. Not quite as good as tony, but I'll live.

Vampmaster
24th Jan 2014, 17:39
Or Frank the sluagh?
http://nosgoth.yuku.com/topic/4355#.UuKlHRDFL0M

ParadoxicalOmen
24th Jan 2014, 18:47
I understand. However, the couple of posts about it by you and what followed was reading to me like it could be perceived by others that they were all intentionally causing their own evolutions. I posted to note the distinction.

I always thought that their (d)evolution wasn't 100% intentional.
I recall that in the Soul Reaver 1 intro, it was possible to see that Rahab already had some fish-like traits, like his skin and i think it was possible to see he had gills. Or was this already the result of their 'rituals'?

I'm quite curious as to why there are claws now (the classic 3 fingered claws that is).
It's true that all the clans ended up with claws in the end...
So would it be that Vrykolakas is right, and these are the eldest vampires in the clan following their Clan Leaders evolution?

The_Hylden
24th Jan 2014, 23:40
I always thought that their (d)evolution wasn't 100% intentional.
I recall that in the Soul Reaver 1 intro, it was possible to see that Rahab already had some fish-like traits, like his skin and i think it was possible to see he had gills. Or was this already the result of their 'rituals'?

Their devolution is completely out of their control, and comes about out of the corruption they inherited from Kain's soul. They have no control over it. The only control mentioned over evolution was Rahab forcing his immunity to water. The scales he's developed because of it aren't something he bargained for, I am sure. They're the first sign of his path backwards in devolving, just as Turel's ears are his sign, and Raziel's would be his wings.

I'm quite curious as to why there are claws now (the classic 3 fingered claws that is).
It's true that all the clans ended up with claws in the end...
So would it be that Vrykolakas is right, and these are the eldest vampires in the clan following their Clan Leaders evolution?

It takes a couple of centuries, noted in the Blogs, for vampires to evolve the traits of their sires, and since we're well over a millennium into the empire, there should most certainly be vampires far older than a couple of centuries. We've seen that all of the clan leaders had their claws and feat three, or so, centuries before this time period, when Raziel was cast into the abyss, so there's been plenty of time to evolve these features in members of the clans. Even if they show new vampires with three claws, that doesn't necessarily mean they're the oldest elders in the clans, but they wouldn't be fledglings, either.

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Jan 2014, 03:28
It takes a couple of centuries, noted in the Blogs, for vampires to evolve the traits of their sires, and since we're well over a millennium into the empire, there should most certainly be vampires far older than a couple of centuries. We've seen that all of the clan leaders had their claws and feat three, or so, centuries before this time period, when Raziel was cast into the abyss, so there's been plenty of time to evolve these features in members of the clans. Even if they show new vampires with three claws, that doesn't necessarily mean they're the oldest elders in the clans, but they wouldn't be fledglings, either.

Cool, thanks for clearing this up for us :)

Their devolution is completely out of their control, and comes about out of the corruption they inherited from Kain's soul. They have no control over it. The only control mentioned over evolution was Rahab forcing his immunity to water. The scales he's developed because of it aren't something he bargained for, I am sure. They're the first sign of his path backwards in devolving, just as Turel's ears are his sign, and Raziel's would be his wings.

I confess it's still not crystal clear for me...
Taking Rahab for instance. What you're saying is:
His devolution caused him to transform into a fish-like creature, BUT it was their "years of ritual self-mutilation" that (took advantage of this and) ultimately gave them 100% water immunity. (?)

The_Hylden
25th Jan 2014, 04:20
He evolved immunity to water by the willful mutilation. He devolved into a fish-man from there. Also, evolving immunity to water cost him and his clan the ability to withstand the sun's rays. The distinction I was making was evolution vs. devolution.