PDA

View Full Version : Guess would I just found at the flee market...

LC is Me
26th Oct 2008, 19:34
I love going to the flee market. The bargains, the items...LOVE IT ALL.

But I recently moved to North Carolina and hadn't had a chance to go to the local flee market.
My dad had recently wiped all our laptops, erasing my TR2-TR3 files (yeah, I was quite pissed).

We just went to the flee market and I found this:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/Suicidal_Animal_Cracker/tombraider.jpg

=D

I was so happy.

That's all I wanted to say. I couldn't find TR2, but I never got a chance to go through the entire flee market. But the guy that sold it to me had a HUGE collection of PSone, SNES, and NES systems and games, Wii games, PS2 games, and Xbox/Xbox 360games. They were all in pretty good condition too.

LaraCroftRox
26th Oct 2008, 19:40
Awesome. :D Sorry to hear your laptop got wiped. :( But yay you got TR3! :D

_Love2Raid_
26th Oct 2008, 19:45
Congrats on that! :)
I've got the original TR on PlayStation and the rest on PC. I know how hard it is to get the originals for PS (to get them somewhere else than on internet).

LC is Me
26th Oct 2008, 22:11
Congrats on that! :)
I've got the original TR on PlayStation and the rest on PC. I know how hard it is to get the originals for PS (to get them somewhere else than on internet).
Extremely hard.

But these people had dozens upon dozens of PSone originals.

I was in awe.

_Love2Raid_
26th Oct 2008, 22:12
Extremely hard.

But these people had dozens upon dozens of PSone originals.

I was in awe.

Aha, that's why they're so hard to get! :lol:

Spong
26th Oct 2008, 22:51
Excellent news about your find LC :D:thumbsup:
That's the beauty of trawling markets like that, you never know what you're gonna discover.

lilhanhan
26th Oct 2008, 22:54
Congrats (and nice knee you've got there)!

I love going to car boot sales and pawn shops to find awesome stuff like that; I'm quite jealous that you saw so many games available there, I wanna go! ^.^;

LC is Me
26th Oct 2008, 23:04
Congrats (and nice knee you've got there)!

I love going to car boot sales and pawn shops to find awesome stuff like that; I'm quite jealous that you saw so many games available there, I wanna go! ^.^;

Oh, LOL.
xD

I was in the car when I took that.
:o

Pardon my horrible fingernails too.

But yeah, I was amazed at how many PSone originals I saw. I saw Last Revelation and Chronicles but I have those already. I didn't see TR2 or TR1, sadly. I would have bought those as well.

Spong: That's why I love them so much. I'm going back this week to buy an SNES.

diogoandre
26th Oct 2008, 23:04
I have all TR "Major" Games (except Chronicles, lost it) and TR3: Lost Artifact :rasp: but that's a good find anyway, since it has been a few years since that game was released :thumbsup:

pinpal
26th Oct 2008, 23:07
Yep thats how I found TRLR and TRC. The flee market is good for finding rare games.

LC is Me
26th Oct 2008, 23:11
I have all TR "Major" Games (except Chronicles, lost it) and TR3: Lost Artifact :rasp: but that's a good find anyway, since it has been a few years since that game was released :thumbsup:
My first copy of Chronicles got broken on our way to my grandmother's house (the guys at airports who throw your bags on the plane don't give a crap about your stuff). I rebought it on eBay, not thinking of going to the flee market.

xD

pinpal: That, and everything else possible. I saw a few 1G iPod nanos there for $45.
:eek:

Spong
26th Oct 2008, 23:20
Spong: That's why I love them so much. I'm going back this week to buy an SNES.

Excellent :thumbsup:
I've still got my SNES, and almost 50 games :D

LC is Me
26th Oct 2008, 23:24
Sweet.

I saw Duck Hunt their too. I hadn't seen that in a WHILE.
xD

diogoandre
26th Oct 2008, 23:38
What about Mega Drive, does anyone remember it? I had one, than my father sold it and bought a PSX. I was so happy with only a Crash Bandicoot demo :D good days

lilhanhan
27th Oct 2008, 08:47

I'm totally jealous! I only have my dreamcast and playstation as retro consoles, I really want a SNES! :(

Although I might buy the Sega Saturn at my local gamestation instead. ^.^;

Sina_Croft
27th Oct 2008, 18:56
What about Mega Drive, does anyone remember it? I had one, than my father sold it and bought a PSX. I was so happy with only a Crash Bandicoot demo :D good days

Aw We loved the mega drive @ home, got no other console in house but those segas <3333
sonic series, streets of rage & mortal kombat :D <3333

I still go to flee markets sometimes.. just to find a mega drive.. :( but no luck.. well.. there was once a saturn or something like that. but that idiot wanted 100 bucks for it :| XD

lilhanhan
27th Oct 2008, 19:01
I still go to flee markets sometimes.. just to find a mega drive.. :( but no luck.. well.. there was once a saturn or something like that. but that idiot wanted 100 bucks for it :| XD

A $100!?! O.O

The most money I've seen a Saturn go for is £25 ($50) with five games!

And that was in gamestation (they normally try to rip you off with trade-ins, well usually just me, but still...)!

LC is Me
27th Oct 2008, 19:42
You should really come to North Carolina in the States. I saw a Saturn going for 40, and the guy let me play it. It's in good shape.

I also watched him play Assassin's Creed, lol.

Atlantis3735
27th Oct 2008, 20:30
Nice find. I'm just about to go retro too, by ordering a PS1 and the original TR.
Finally I will be abe to play my favourite game on the console I originally played it on. And I won't have to worry about sound problems like I do with Vista :D

Hurrah for Retro. :D

toughraid3r37
27th Oct 2008, 21:52
Nice! Considering you could never find that were i live :lol: . TR3 was the first tomb raider game i've ever played :D

LC is Me
27th Oct 2008, 21:54
Nice find. I'm just about to go retro too, by ordering a PS1 and the original TR.
Finally I will be abe to play my favourite game on the console I originally played it on. And I won't have to worry about sound problems like I do with Vista :D

Hurrah for Retro. :D
Indeed.
=D