PDA

View Full Version : Rene, come closer. "I shall say this only once."

Lazarus Ledd
26th Oct 2008, 05:14
Okay, when DX3 is released there will then be three games in the franchise. :cool:
Do you think that it would be a good idea for Eidos to eventually release all 3 games together as a "Trilogy" set?

If so, would you like to see the games and accompanying booklet set in the order that the games were published, or in the order of the in-game history: ie. DX3, DX1, DX:IW, ?

But wait! :eek: What about DX1? :scratch:
A stunning game to play... but do you think Eidos should remake it first (improved graphics/engine etc) before adding it to the Trilogy set?
Kind of like what they did with the 1996 original "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider", transformed to the 2007 "Anniversary"? (which, imo, was beautifully remade; I hasten to add).
A remake of DX1 would surely please fans, old and new, and improve sales of the Trilogy.

Maybe you think a Trilogy (even with a DX1 remake) would be a waste of time and you would rather see resources going on a possible DX4... ;)

Please share your thoughts on this one. :)
Bad Idea. You're not taking a fact into consideration. And that is: the mod community of old DX isn't alive. It's very much breathing

Are any of you aware of HDTP & New Vision projects?
Inform on the Off Topic Production forum or Google those two.

My impression is everyone thinks this is a strictly DX3 forum and any topic about DX or disscussing the old days is forbbiden. And yet there are graphic whores (I'm mean not you, my lady:D , but my sex =D) poping out and whining about updated DX with having TR:A as a presedan. STOP IT.
There are decent fan projects that are pulling the maximum juice for facelifting DX where there is possible and making it possible where it wasn't at first.
If you you all really are DX fans, you would appreciate the game as it is. And the DX fan base is alive, as the Fallout has been and it's been growing steadily since.
You cry for SDK kit for DX3 but are forgetting that, besides the DX fan base, the DX mod base is pretty much alive and is, is testify it, preparing to release the biggest mod in all PC gaming, which is currently in deep beta testing (TNM). And the mod DEUS EX 2027 is prolly somewhere there, those crazy Russian, always playing big ;)

For what it's worth, for old spirits, there should be a separate sub-forum for DX, for old times. Also I would like to be dedicated to mods of DX where some people who clearly are not aware of the DX heritage, install DX and download the mods. Ronnie? Are you there :D

If Rene could clear this one thing, about updated graphic of DX. What are the pros&cons of letting the Crystal Dynamics do the remake of DX who did the same with Tomb Raider, a series thet has NONE, not a letter M. of MOD coummunity.
Or do we let it to the DX mod community who already have the momentum and finishing moves are applied to some.

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6biMP0laOdo)
http://thenamelessmod.com/

Does anyone think here before he fires? Any if the shot has been done already (eg. EDGE aranged info on interview) then the responsibility for that act to take is not for the shooter alone, but for us too for not taking things seriously. That how it is in real life.

I'd talk about taking context out of context (the EDGE interview and say,my local site who decided to interpert it with a closing line "I'm am afraid now of what DX3 will become") which is bad for DX3, and is making you fans reach out for hammers&sickles when you misinterpet lines.

IH-Denton
26th Oct 2008, 06:15
I dont think we should to take seriously a DX1 remake idea. This is would be pretty cool but takes pretty much time for production also (with all consequences for DX3).

and i must say... all these fans work: hdtp, TNM, 2027 and our resurrection (http://planetdeusex.ru/2027/en/info/resurrection/) mod - are realy great but im not shure of they realises actually... But i want to be optimistic. Maybe Eidos will find a way to motivate the mod-teams (not by money - by any other possibilities to develop)

Jerion
26th Oct 2008, 06:29
I think the way to do it would be for Eidos to bring all the various mod projects together, and help them finish up their graphics enhancement to DX. I mean, there's already been a lot of work done on this front- why not encourage that work to continue to the point where Eidos can re-release the game with minimal dev time spent by Eidos itself.

Mr. Perfect
26th Oct 2008, 06:39
I'm not sure I follow.

One one hand it sounds like you are saying only graphics whores are asking for updated graphics for Deus Ex 1, and true fans will enjoy the game without them.

On the other hand, you say that the modding community is updating the graphics for Deus Ex 1, and this is something we should all be excited about.

So which is it? Yes or no for updated graphics? :nut:

Personally, I would love to see Deus Ex get some official care and attention. While mod work is great, I've seen to many fan based projects(for other games) start and peter out because either the modders have moved on to diffrent projects, a fight has started inside the team, or some other real life issue like school or work has gotten in the way.

BTW, there are forums here for old Deus Ex, but they're down in the classic section (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11).

IH-Denton
26th Oct 2008, 07:47
I think the way to do it would be for Eidos to bring all the various mod projects together, and help them finish up their graphics enhancement to DX. I mean, there's already been a lot of work done on this front- why not encourage that work to continue to the point where Eidos can re-release the game with minimal dev time spent by Eidos itself.
Or there could be some kind of competition, mod contest leading by Eidos with valuable prizes like "won and get collection box DX1, IW, DX3 for free" or what else... maybe the winner will be rewarded by something that cant be bought for money anyway.

Bluey71
26th Oct 2008, 08:54
Or there could be some kind of competition, mod contest leading by Eidos with valuable prizes like "won and get collection box DX1, IW, DX3 for free" or what else... maybe the winner will be rewarded by something that cant be bought for money anyway.

I like the idea a lot, and I think 5 years ago it might have stood a chance of becoming reality. However in these times, its all about making the quick buck it seems, with no time spent on community development.

DXeXodus
27th Oct 2008, 04:41
There are already one and a half* threads in which to discuss this. There is absolutely no need to make another one.

*MrsP's thread is about this and a trilogy pack release.