PDA

View Full Version : Whats next?

Bluey71
25th Oct 2008, 22:59
Im wondering what the next info release will entail.

I like theatrical trailers, I especially liked the Hellgate:London trailers before the gameplay trailers came out for that game. The gameplay was meh - but the trailers were cool.

The MGS games know how to do game movies very well - anything like this on the horizon for DX3?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Oct 2008, 23:06
I don't think there are any current dates/promises for another trailer or press release, as yet. :)
When new information is released, I guess a thread will be made.

It might be worth keeping your eye on this thread for general up-to-date news:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=79966&page=36

Officer Half
26th Oct 2008, 00:22
Im wondering what the next info release will entail.

I like theatrical trailers, I especially liked the Hellgate:London trailers before the gameplay trailers came out for that game. The gameplay was meh - but the trailers were cool.

The MGS games know how to do game movies very well - anything like this on the horizon for DX3?

Hmmm MGS. I'm just waiting for someone to get a working PS2 emulator so I can play them. :mad2: (A PS3 emulator would be nice too for the new game, but I think that's just a bit far-fetched.) MGS has awesome theatrical elements. Just seeing the opening cut-scene of MGS4 makes me drool. All games could take a lesson. (Although, maybe make them a little shorter?)

I'd really like to see gameplay more that cinematics though. I don't want to know ANYTHING about the plot before I play the game. I would, on the other hand, like to see a little gameplay before I play.

Cugros
26th Oct 2008, 07:00
I'd really like to see gameplay more that cinematics though. I don't want to know ANYTHING about the plot before I play the game. I would, on the other hand, like to see a little gameplay before I play.
I really don't like knowing the plot before playing. When movies are overmarketed and overtrailered, when you go see the movie, you understand that there is nothing more to see. I had this kind of experience with The Simpsons Movie: at first, I was really exited, and could not bare waiting to see the film, so I watched all the trailers through. The trailers homewer featured almost every single gag, joke and funny situation in the movie, and watching the movie was boring. My mother, who was also kinda excited actually fell asleep during the film.

Trailers really should be about gameplay, and about the spirit of the game (there will be conspiracy), not about details in the plot(AJ will discover that flue medicine causes an urge to shop, and will be contained, later on saved by wife). I hope you get the idea.
Or maybe I just shouldn't watch the trailers.

Bluey71
26th Oct 2008, 09:00
I really don't like knowing the plot before playing. When movies are overmarketed and overtrailered, when you go see the movie, you understand that there is nothing more to see. I had this kind of experience with The Simpsons Movie: at first, I was really exited, and could not bare waiting to see the film, so I watched all the trailers through. The trailers homewer featured almost every single gag, joke and funny situation in the movie, and watching the movie was boring. My mother, who was also kinda excited actually fell asleep during the film.

Trailers really should be about gameplay, and about the spirit of the game (there will be conspiracy), not about details in the plot(AJ will discover that flue medicine causes an urge to shop, and will be contained, later on saved by wife). I hope you get the idea.
Or maybe I just shouldn't watch the trailers.

Yes I do agree with you there - I certainly dont want to know plot details either.

I still think it would be easy to avoid giving away plot details if a little thought was put into it to be honest. What about making a trailer of the first person to be mechanically augmented, detailing how this persons life would be changed - both by this new ability and by how joe public might react to how it looks?

Just an idea.

AaronJ
26th Oct 2008, 13:51
I think that now we'll have to wait countless months again.

DXeXodus
27th Oct 2008, 04:31
No. There will be a dev-blog soon. Apparently. That is where most of the new information will come from as far as I know. At least the information we get there will be indisputable and straight from the horses mouth so that we don't need to spend days debating misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

René
27th Oct 2008, 13:02
At least the information we get there will be indisputable and straight from the horses mouth so that we don't need to spend days debating misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

You call'n me a horse? Them's fight'n words!

Tracer Tong
27th Oct 2008, 20:28
No. There will be a dev-blog soon. Apparently. That is where most of the new information will come from as far as I know. At least the information we get there will be indisputable and straight from the horses mouth so that we don't need to spend days debating misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

I can already see us analyzing every word from every blog post...

MaxxQ1
27th Oct 2008, 21:16
You call'n me a horse? Them's fight'n words!

Better than saying we'd get our info from the OTHER end of said horse.

:D

imported_van_HellSing
27th Oct 2008, 21:27
I bet René is a real stud.

:whistle:

DXeXodus
28th Oct 2008, 03:58
Haha! :lol:

Yeah Rene, I suppose I am calling you a horse. But after all, you are OUR horse!

Bluey71
28th Oct 2008, 16:59
I bet René is a real stud.

:whistle:

lols

GmanPro
28th Oct 2008, 22:20
I remember the DX1 intro, when Walton Simons and Bob Page are talking about their little conspiracy beneath the globe hovering under the giant hand in the Versa Life Lobby. The first time i saw that I didn't know what the hell they were talking about but when I replayed it, I was like wow, this pretty much gives away almost half the plot! But it was done well! I couldn't follow them at first but later as I started figuring the conspiracy out I was like Oooooh! And also it was cool to see that room when I first entered Versa Life, just to know that it wasn't some random, generic, precariously perched, evil-corporationy villain's lair lol.

imported_van_HellSing
28th Oct 2008, 22:23
Off topic much?

GmanPro
28th Oct 2008, 22:34
The point is that DX3 needs to make their intro similar to the way that DX1 did it dude. Talk mysteriously about their conspiracy so that no one can really understand it at first. So it doesn't really need to be all pretty and cinematic. The intro to IW was sorta forgetful, but the intro to DX1 was awesome!