PDA

View Full Version : An odd idea for future TR games..

Atlantis3735
23rd Oct 2008, 17:56
Personally I want there to be a break before the next TR is released, but that's irrelevant for now.

I was thinking, seeing as graphics are such a big deal nowadays, why don't Crystal Dynamics have an opening and ending FMV featuring Alison Carrol. But that's not where my odd idea ends. How many of you have seen Beowulf? I haven't, but i've seen the kind of CGI layer that is put on top of the actors.

Why not use Alison Carrol as the "template" and make her face more Lara.
We should also have Keeley still as the voice actress (as she's just fantastic).

I understand that it would probably cost a bit to have 2 FMV's acted in a set, but it would be a nice addition if you ask me, not to mention that it would be great way to combat other current-gen games, because as far as I know, this has never been done before.

Let me hear what you think, I know this isn't a thread worthy of twenty trillion pages, and to be honest, I don't mind if this thread is gone within the hour. Just thought I'd post an odd idea for speculation. Hell, sometimes we need conversation. :)

leebyrne14
23rd Oct 2008, 18:06
That sounds like an awesome idea Josh, but what about the people without next gen consoles? because there's a lot on these forums.

I still like the idea though. but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon (I'm often wrong though) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atlantis3735
23rd Oct 2008, 18:08
Oh it won't happen, but it would be interesting if it did :p

And I thought people without next gen can still have FMVs?
Is that not right?

Jurre
23rd Oct 2008, 18:14
I think we've come too far for that in terms of increased realism. Lara has a true human face now, you can't just give her someone elses. Besides, I think Alison Carroll and all the others are supposed to look like Lara, not vice versa.

leo_croft
23rd Oct 2008, 18:14
hello i'm new here :)

i'd like a remake of TR: 2

Atlantis3735
23rd Oct 2008, 18:24
Thanks for sharing leo, I'd like that too :p
Not really the place for it, but I strongly agree with you :D

leo_croft
23rd Oct 2008, 18:27
hehe i'm sorry . . . LoL

leebyrne14
23rd Oct 2008, 18:29
yeah Fmv's still out here but they'd probably have to tone it down alot :D

Atlantis3735
23rd Oct 2008, 19:06
By the way Leo, welcome to the forums. :D

And Lee, even if they were toned down, that would still be better than nothing.

Now I think about it though, it's only a matter of time until video graphics look like the real thing, so there goes my idea, and I guess this thread has now been killed :p

MissCroft88
23rd Oct 2008, 19:33
i like the new face of Lara in underworld it seems very realistic...realistic enought that it seems almost a movie in some images of the game:)

Lo
23rd Oct 2008, 20:39
Alison Carrol looks facially, nothing like my own perception of Lara to be brutally honest.

There's been quite some discussion about this on CMF in the recent past. She may well be athletic but her face just doesn't fit in my opinion :)

http://www.croftmanor.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1037&page=1

Even Karima didn't marry up and few models ever really did to my eye.

Anyone can don the kecks and pose like Lara but few have the charisma, presence or looks to portray Lara Croft effectively.

Atlantis3735
23rd Oct 2008, 21:38
I think Alison Carrol makes an excellent Lara Croft, however I agree that her face isn't quite Lara, but she's closer than previous models.

I also think that Underworld Lara is the best Lara yet, and she looks absolutely phenomenal in the recent Kraken cutscenes.

What I meant in my original post was that they should use Alison Carrol for FMVs but use a CGI layer to make her the perfect Lara.

But as I said a few hours ago, I doubt there will be any need to use Alison Carrol in the ways I've mentioned, as eventually games will look completely photo-realistic.

Lara can only get better and better, and she is already perfect in my eyes. This makes me excited as to how she will look in 10 years time, and let's pray to god that she will still be around then. :D

In other words; LARA FTW :lol:

leebyrne14
23rd Oct 2008, 21:45
I'd like a future Tomb Raider in Augmented Reality

LadyLaraCroft12
24th Oct 2008, 21:25
That sounds like an awesome idea Josh, but what about the people without next gen consoles? because there's a lot on these forums.

Um, yeah. some of us either can't afford the newest consoles, or don't have the room for them (or rather, don't have the room for the Wii) but that would be awesome.

Does anybody know if the TRU graphics are going to be as good on the PS2 as on the other systems?

leebyrne14
24th Oct 2008, 21:37
Idk either Lady i havent seen one screenshot/video or anything for the PS2

tombraiderfanatic
1st Nov 2008, 08:33
i think there sould be a tomb raider game called tomb raider: australia would that be fun
lara going to australia :D

g day mates

rg_001100
1st Nov 2008, 23:51
For the FMVs are fading from games as the graphics of games get good enough to have decent stories from them... that idea seems costly, and a little wasteful. (3D models drawn on top of actors? :scratch:)

Um, yeah. some of us either can't afford the newest consoles, or don't have the room for them (or rather, don't have the room for the Wii) but that would be awesome.

Does anybody know if the TRU graphics are going to be as good on the PS2 as on the other systems?

:lol: There're some things you'll need to learn.
Better graphics = Higher hardware requirements...
i.e. you can't run an Xbox360 game on the PS1 because it requires too much hardware power to deliver better graphics...
Because the trend of the market is to better, higher graphics older consoles tend to get left behind eventually. (TR:U isn't coming out on the PS1, nor the Atari 2600).
It's just not possible to get 360 quality graphics on the PS2, and have it running smoothly.

i think there sould be a tomb raider game called tomb raider: australia would that be fun
lara going to australia :D

g day mates

I heard a rumour that she goes to Aussie in TR:U... must've been a long time ago.

Bampire
2nd Nov 2008, 00:30
I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with you, on this. I know it's an idea, and you're just sharing it and all. But you gotta know that Allison isn't going to stay there no more then a year and a half, possibly a couple months longer.

She shouldn't be the main template of Lara, because she has her own face. Lara doesn't need to have another person's face to make her realistic. So far she does look realistic.

Putting the face of another person, on a character's body doesn't work, unless the designers are intentionally going for that certain look. But it's not. They only want the moves of a gymnast for Lara, as well as an anatomy correction of the athletic female body.

TombLover
2nd Nov 2008, 11:50
I dont like the idea of Allison being a "template" as you say for Lara. It wouldnt make her orignal otherwise. Lara is Lara to me :) But I like hearing other peoples ideas!! Your idea is .... different, I'll give you that one! ;)